3357 replies to this topic

#3281 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:06 PM

Well the only thing to gain from this chapter is most of the gawkers are other students, and now everyone is starting to show of their own over the top "Super human chef" techniques. I think the moral of this manga -home-cooking can rival fancy restaurant cooking- is being lost.

Edit: Huh didn't think of that harry...by the looks of it; we will be back to Erina next year.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 21 December 2018 - 10:40 PM.

#3282 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:40 PM

Best chapter in months, mainly because they just skipped all the BS. Hilarious how the previous two chapters made a big deal about the difficulty of this stage, and this chapter just brushed past it like it was round one of a local bake off.

iAnby7W.gif

#3283 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 11:06 PM

Yeah at least the boring stuff was skipped this week, so agreed

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3284 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:08 PM

When you think the manga could not get any more ridiculous, they somehow manage to surprise you further.

iAnby7W.gif

#3285 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 12:10 AM

Like I said, It was STUPID to make it into a shonen battle manga structure to have minions and flunkies as fodder to build up the hype of the final battle because it doesn't work with the context of the series to begin with. These so called "dark chefs" are incredibly laughable since they do nothing significant to pose them as threats besides applying "horror shows" to their cooking. I can't even take them seriously because again, Asahi was put in to give Soma a "romantic rival" so to speak but what were THESE GUYS FOR again? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 January 2019 - 02:12 PM.

#3286 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:51 PM

Souma's won despite not even revealing his twist yet. That's next week...joy.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 31 December 2018 - 03:04 PM.

#3287 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:57 AM

Well, of course Eishi was defeated, and Erina is concerned about something.

#3288 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:00 PM

I hope it is anything BUT her having some sympathy for Asahi

#3289 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 04:13 PM

Aldiini's match reminds me of his match against the Copycat, so I'm guessing this battle is meant to show his growth about how he deals with mind games being played against him...again, as wasn't that the same set-up against Eizen as well?

iAnby7W.gif

#3290 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 04:51 PM

Not mind games, this just straight up sabatoge. Nothing new. I'm just annoyed at this point that once again Isami gets punted before he gets his time to shine. It always happens. :ermm: Erina is reduced back to her "Heroine that appears once a blue moon" status and that the story flew off track again because the snore fest known as "Saiba Asahi" has to have a damn syndicate to draw out these stupid "shonen battles" that mean nothing. Like I said Asahi is meant to be a third wheel to drive closer to Sorina and nothing more. Soma surpassing his father was always the end game plan but now Asahi must be brought as a threat by curbstomping Joichiro in a match just so that Soma has a "rival to beat to earn Erina's full affection and maybe realize his own"? I'm really face-palming right now

Edited by Phantom_999, 06 February 2019 - 12:37 AM.

#3291 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:55 PM

So, apparently Souma and Takumi have been having matches during the-year-we-didn't-get-to-see using that half-moon knife to show who won the last round.

#3292 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 11:38 PM

Well that sucks O__O

#3293 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 02:13 AM

So why is someone who has been trading blows with the number one seat only the 7th seat? It's genuinely baffling how Hayama, Ryo and Alice are all ranked higher than him but have been reduced to comic relief since the time skip and not played a part in the manga's progression since they all got expelled.

I get the reason to include Souma was because of the relevance to the knife, but I think having Aldini pair up with Megumi would have been better, they did show they work better together in their training, and it would have given them both a time to shine without Souma being involved.

iAnby7W.gif

#3294 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 02:20 AM

So why is someone who has been trading blows with the number one seat only the 7th seat? It's genuinely baffling how Hayama, Ryo and Alice are all ranked higher than him but have been reduced to comic relief since the time skip and not played a part in the manga's progression since they all got expelled.

I get the reason to include Souma was because of the relevance to the knife, but I think having Aldini pair up with Megumi would have been better, they did show they work better together in their training, and it would have given them both a time to shine without Souma being involved.

No, they just been basically sparing/having a friendly competition with each other, and using Takumi's knife as a excuse to turn it into a Shokugeki. Not any title matches. Those three have been going at each-other as well over using their seats as the ante for their Shokugeki. It could be they are were given a seat, and don't feel a need to clime the rankings since their all friends.

I would have preferred his brother since we rarely see him at all. Megumi is the second girl so she always going to have at least one match in a tournament. That brother as a satellite character does not have that. 

Edit: Well this was certainly an interesting 300 chapter. The book keeper boss is Erina's mother. I was wondering what happened to her. I just figured standard anime mother dies before story and no one cares like Souma's mother. Is she the villain now? Is she angry at Erina calling her breast milk lacking flavor?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 08 March 2019 - 10:55 PM.

#3295 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:29 PM

No, they just been basically sparing/having a friendly competition with each other, and using Takumi's knife as a excuse to turn it into a Shokugeki. Not any title matches. Those three have been going at each-other as well over using their seats as the ante for their Shokugeki. It could be they are were given a seat, and don't feel a need to clime the rankings since their all friends.

I would have preferred his brother since we rarely see him at all. Megumi is the second girl so she always going to have at least one match in a tournament. That brother as a satellite character does not have that. 

I wasn't talking about them fighting for seats, I was talking about how Takumi was fighting with Souma on a daily basis and was beating him almost 50% of the time, someone that close to Souma in ability should be higher seated not seventh.

Also I was talking about Megumi instead of Souma when the brother was kidnapped, of course it should have been little brother but the plot was for him to be in dispair having no support, and that's why I thought Megumi would have been better.

As for this weeks chapter....I am pissed off right now, all this time no mention of her mother and this is the crap we get, it's a friggin joke. well on the bright side we can now rest easy that Azami wasn't a scumbag who seduced a innocent girl and then dumped her once he got a position of power, instead he's a scumbag that got together with another piece of trash and somhow managed to produce a child who isn't completely messed up, it just takes gramps value up a notch for taking Erina away from those two.

Then again I wouldn't be surprised if the subplot for mother abandoning her child was because she was jealous of her daughters ability or couldn't handle her daughter critiquing her cooking or something equally petty that the mangaka will think will make us feel sorry for her, but will do the opposite, like how Asami's backstory made him look more pathetic instead of actually understanding his reason for abusing his daughter.

iAnby7W.gif

#3296 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:27 AM

Yeah this is a joke. A joke to see how Soma would interact with these two as his in-laws!!! :zaru: but in all honesty this type of plot twist doesn't interest me because all we're getting is switching plot points at the drop of a dime. I'll be honest the only thing I really am interested in now is Sorina's romance subplot, and secondarily because it ties to this arc, when Asahi will get his @$$ handed to him because I'm just taking this in stride as it goes along and truth be told any turn the plot takes at this point only annoys me at the very least.

Edited by Phantom_999, 03 March 2019 - 01:49 AM.

#3297 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 01:50 AM

Hmm So Erina has abandonment issues and something else.

#3298 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 07:35 PM

So what I got from this weeks chapter, All development from the past two plus years of reading a crappy arc was undone in one chapter, and we are back to the beginning, the mother may have an alternative reason to pushing her daughter in this arc, and Asahi is still lame and somehow manages to make Azami look like a genius level antagonist.

Really stating to regret not dropping this manga a couple of years ago, and now I'm too invested in it to drop it.

iAnby7W.gif

#3299 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 11:47 AM

I assume it it is all a set up for Soma talk to her about how his mom passed away so he can maybe relate to her abandoment issues but then talk some sense into her by saying that the Erina he sees now is not the one he wants to beat or something along those lines. Hey it would seem kind of obvious if it were true. Anyway I'm not even mad anymore, I just want this done with too.

Not to mention It may seem Erina is  back to her old self but I am just assuming her spite for her mother is taking over her mind set right now so she in not being like how she was at first, not really anyway. She didn't insult Takumi, told only if he wants to win against her, he has to do ANYTHING, even press an unfair advantage, and she seems to be pushing herself make a dish worthy of giving her mother to make her regret resenting the god tongue they both have. That's the impression I get anyway.

Edited by Phantom_999, 04 March 2019 - 11:49 AM.

#3300 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:39 AM

WOW so Megumi is becoming the sacrificial lamb again. Yay......................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users