Close
Photo

Whats your OTP now that NS was given the pipe?

• Please log in to reply
1514 replies to this topic

#1341 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 07 January 2021 - 12:09 PM

An oldie, but Vash x Meryl from Trigun was always an OTP that reminded me deeply of Naruto and Sakura mixed with Kenshin and Kaoru:

vash%2Band%2Bmeryl.jpg

I loved watching how their relationship progressed over the course of the series and I was happy that the anime ended with Vash returning to Meryl after the battle with Knives. The evolution of Meryl's own feelings mirror Sakura's as well, originally seeing Vash has nothing more than a bumbling blonde idiot to later seeing him as a tortured, kind-hearted hero who she grew to love and believe in more than anyone else. The manga is comparatively more subdued in the romance department between Vash and Meryl, but also delves even further into it. Particularly, right before the final battle against Legato and Knives where Vash and Meryl hug and "knuckle-kiss" (where they both kiss their knuckles and fist-bump) to assure her that he would come back to her: While the manga doesn't end with them finally hooking up, the implication is that it will eventually happen, especially since Vash has the normal lifespan of an ordinary human now.

It's funny how Nightow claims that he sucks at romance, but considering how he wrote relationships in the Trigun manga *and* anime (where he actually wrote for several episodes), I think he's being modest.

Edited by Kagomaru, 07 January 2021 - 09:41 PM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#1342 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 21 January 2021 - 05:59 PM

Been rereading The Pokemon Adventures Manga, and wow it reminded me a lot of things I love about Pokemon as a whole... Not to mention that I also kind of harkened back to the XY/XYZ anime because it's arguably the best pokemon story the anime has done. 

Amourshipping (SatoSere - AshxSerena) -  Pokemon XY/XYZ

This moment right here always gets me, and it's honestly amazing to see how it pays off at the end of the series.

I loved how she was the one to get him back to his senses after feeling so down about losing, and it shows just how much she supports him.

f3swvsfasyj51.jpg?width=1235&format=pjpg

LUCKYSHIPPING (Red x Green)  - Pokemon Adventures 

Also I can't forgot about my favorite pair from the manga series so precious! 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 21 January 2021 - 06:00 PM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#1343 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 21 January 2021 - 08:32 PM

I wanted Ash to be with Misty.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#1344 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 21 January 2021 - 09:02 PM

I wanted Ash to be with Misty.

I was never too crazy about ash and misty... matter of fact up until Serena i didnt care who ash got with. I just think ash and Serena have better chemistry.

That being said, I wouldnt be opposed to seeing ash and misty or ash and dawn for that matter.

Edited by LuckyChi7, 21 January 2021 - 09:02 PM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#1345 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 21 January 2021 - 09:14 PM

I was never too crazy about ash and misty... matter of fact up until Serena i didnt care who ash got with. I just think ash and Serena have better chemistry.

That being said, I wouldnt be opposed to seeing ash and misty or ash and dawn for that matter.

I tend to agree. For the Pokeshipping, Ash X Misty (only for nostalgic reasons) and Ash X Serena (their chemistry was on point, she need to -should've- return to the Pokemon Journeys series) for me.

Dawn is the same category as May and the rest of the girls, such as Lillie and Mallow = friends/sibling relationship.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#1346 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 03:29 PM

Few that stuck in my mind till date:
- Hanamichi Sakuragi x Haruko Akagi
- Roy Mustang x Riza Hawkeye
- Edward Elric x Winry Rockbell
- Eikichi Onizuka x Fuyutsuki Azusa
- Izumi Curtis x Sig Curtis

Simply because their relationships were depicted beautifully in full circle. No scenes with corny "I love you" statements, but their genuine care/love shown through the actions to protect and to put their love interest above all (and make it core to their character). Except of course The Curtis for comedic relief. lol.

Beautiful relationship that leaves enough room for the readers to want more.

Bonus point: the girls/ladies are strong in their own right.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#1347 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 11:31 AM

Soooooo Many FMA pairings, I HAD to like it lol :D

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#1348 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 06:32 AM

Im adding Alphonse X Mei to that list. Although they are not a developed pair admittedly, and I'd have preferred Alphonse X Rose myself :P

Edited by Phantom_999, 27 January 2021 - 06:26 PM.

#1349 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 12:21 PM

Aaah, FMA. What a beauty in terms of everything. Riza and Mustang are my favorite. Even more so than Ed and Winry themselves, which I also love. 

The way FMA flashed relationships it's something in its own league.

Now this is what I call a positive example of piece of media. 

It's not even all sweet and dandy, yet it still manages to leave behind a healthy message.

I just love FMA!

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#1350 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 04:54 AM

Aaah, FMA. What a beauty in terms of everything. Riza and Mustang are my favorite. Even more so than Ed and Winry themselves, which I also love. 

The way FMA flashed relationships it's something in its own league.

Now this is what I call a positive example of piece of media. 

It's not even all sweet and dandy, yet it still manages to leave behind a healthy message.

I just love FMA!

FMA has its flaws for sure, but the relationships aren't one of those flaws for sure with pairings :)

#1351 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 05:42 PM

FMA has its flaws for sure, but the relationships aren't one of those flaws for sure with pairings :)

What flaws would that be? I failed to see any imo.
It's the first story imo that is perfectly built. From themes, to plot, to characters.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#1352 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 09:57 PM

What flaws would that be? I failed to see any imo.
It's the first story imo that is perfectly built. From themes, to plot, to characters.

I just mean in some of the way things are handled, like how Ed basically, as Hohenheim said, was running away from what he and Al tried to do when they burned their home down, besides their desire to not look back and all. But that's just me seeing it like that, even if it gives Ed humanity, his flaws are noticeable since while Hohenheim holds responsibility in his own way for what the brothers did, Ed does too since he couldn't let go when Tricia died, and only in the end, when he's willing to sacrifice his ability to use alchemy to revive Al, even when Hohenheim was more than willing to make the sacrifice to make amends for his mistakes, does Ed really come full circle about letting go.

#1353 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 01 February 2021 - 05:20 AM

Gotta a new couple alert: Ichiban X Saeko from Yakuza: Like a Dragon! Interesting that Ichiban right at the bat called her Sa-chan. I'm currently playing the game and I'm hoping for more of the two.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#1354 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 24 February 2021 - 11:24 PM

Goblin Slayer x Priestess:

13d050d047ea0086618844ba097a09fb.jpg

I definitely love how their relationship has transitioned throughout the series: from Savior/Victim, to Mentor/Student, to equal partners to best friends and confidants. Furthermore, the author of the Light Novels is definitely going out of his way to suggest that they are falling in love with each other, but are held back by their inexperience and psychological damage.

#1355 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 04:54 AM

I definitely love how their relationship has transitioned throughout the series: from Savior/Victim, to Mentor/Student, to equal partners to best friends and confidants. Furthermore, the author of the Light Novels is definitely going out of his way to suggest that they are falling in love with each other, but are held back by their inexperience and psychological damage.

Hey Kago are you going to watch  The Devil Part Timer Anime season two?

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#1356 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 07 March 2021 - 12:38 PM

No.

#1357 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 05:50 PM

No.

As the spoilers you told it seems no even the Harem could made it the ending right? So in shipping wise ended open right? 

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#1358 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 07 March 2021 - 07:16 PM

As the spoilers you told it seems no even the Harem could made it the ending right? So in shipping wise ended open right? 

Nah, Liu.  First of all,  I generally loathe harem endings (with the sole exception of Highschool DxD). I mean, imagine if Naruto married both Sakura and Hinata at the end of the series? Would *that* make the fans here happy?  I know I wouldn't be. It would also be incredibly disingenuous to their characters for the girls to end up in one because neither Emi or Chise would be willing to share Mao(Chise, kitten final volume aside, makes that explicitly clear throughout the series and even the new trailer), and Mao himself said that he doesn't want a harem. It would reek as an insincere and desperate act of damage control if they tried that. As I said before, Sagahara is more reprehensible to me than Kishimoto because at least we know he intended for the series to end in NaruSaku, and that he was bullied and manipulated into writing NaruHina near the closing chapters of the series. Wagahara developed Sadao and Emi's relationship for the entire series, leaving contextual evidence and subtext pointing towards the ultimate end goal...then suddenly, he just goes: "Nah, screw all that. I'm putting him with the worst character in the series because I love boobs and fans won't expect it."

So, I'm done with him and his work.

Edited by Kagomaru, 08 March 2021 - 12:08 AM.

#1359 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 07:36 PM

I'd vouch for that too lol. I  just wish there were moments that were more than just GS complimenting Priestess on her improving skills over "killing the kitten out of Goblins" :umm:

Anyway

sen_iii_alisa_event.jpg

Been playing Trails of Cold Steel Lately and it has quicly become one of my all time favorite JRPGS :lol: This couple is the cutest in terms of the writing. Rean X Alisa Heck yeah!!! if you ask me  :wink: In Fact I look forward to play all future Trails games too :happy:

I just mean in some of the way things are handled, like how Ed basically, as Hohenheim said, was running away from what he and Al tried to do when they burned their home down, besides their desire to not look back and all. But that's just me seeing it like that, even if it gives Ed humanity, his flaws are noticeable since while Hohenheim holds responsibility in his own way for what the brothers did, Ed does too since he couldn't let go when Tricia died, and only in the end, when he's willing to sacrifice his ability to use alchemy to revive Al, even when Hohenheim was more than willing to make the sacrifice to make amends for his mistakes, does Ed really come full circle about letting go.

Well the idea is that that he is suppose to grow from it. lol I see your point, but I don't think a character flaw is a writing flaw unless it is not resolved properly, in which this case it did. Granted, if I must be objective I have stand by my words in that nothing is perfect, so I can't dispute Fullmetal Alchemist doesn't has a flaw somewhere, but until I reread/rewatch it I can't think of any :no:

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 March 2021 - 11:43 PM.

#1360 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 11:27 PM

I'd vouch for that too lol. I  just wish there were moments that were more than just GS complimenting Priestess on her improving skills over "killing the kitten out of Goblins" :umm:

Anyway

sen_iii_alisa_event.jpg

Been playing Trails of Cold Steel Lately and it has quicly become one of my all time favorite JRPGS :lol: This couple is the cutest in terms of the writing. Rean X Alisa Heck yeah!!! if you ask me  :wink: In Fact I look forward to play all future Trails games too :happy:

Well the idea is that that he is suppose to grow from it. lol I see your point, but I don't think a character flaw is a writing flaw unless it is not resolved properly in which, this case it did. Granted, if I must be objective I have stand by my words in that nothing is perfect, so I can't dispute Fullmetal Alchemist doesn't has a flaw somewhere, but until I reread/rewatch it I can't think of any :no:

You play Legend of Heros series? I love that series. Once done with cold steel you need to play Sky trilogy and the Crossbell games.  If you replaced Alisa with Towa you might be onto something (though I do like Alisa).

Crossbell games you’ll need to hunt for, but I can help if NISA doesn’t do an official release of them (which they should eventually)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users