• Please log in to reply
54175 replies to this topic

#49541 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 23 August 2018 - 08:55 PM

You know, since this is an NS debate thread, why not start with something leaning a bit more towards NS like:

1-How would the Narutoverse be if NS becomes canon (meaning past chapter 698 or past Pain Arc or past whichever point you choose)? With Boruto there is a tech world of sorts, but how would you see the Villages and Konoha if NS was canon (like, what would the other characters do and what would be the goal after the point of the story you chose continues)?

2-How would you expect their relationship to unfold and what stories would you add to further develop them individually and as a couple?

3-What problems do you think NS would go through on their relationship? How would they overcome them?

4-Would you like to see other pairings? If so, how would they support NS?

5-How would you develop closing of the Naruto story around NS?

#49542 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:16 PM

You know, since this is an NS debate thread, why not start with something leaning a bit more towards NS like:

1-How would the Narutoverse be if NS becomes canon (meaning past chapter 698 or past Pain Arc or past whichever point you choose)? With Boruto there is a tech world of sorts, but how would you see the Villages and Konoha if NS was canon (like, what would the other characters do and what would be the goal after the point of the story you chose continues)?

2-How would you expect their relationship to unfold and what stories would you add to further develop them individually and as a couple?

3-What problems do you think NS would go through on their relationship? How would they overcome them?

4-Would you like to see other pairings? If so, how would they support NS?

5-How would you develop closing of the Naruto story around NS?

Good way of renewing the topic!

1) For this question, I would've start at post Pain Arc with some stuff kept (Naruto meeting Kushina, the Fourth Ninja War) but take out the unnecessary stuff (the NS "confession", Obito alive as Madara, Kaguya, Orochimaru's "return" and others events). I wouldn't mind the technology part but don't go near futuristic ala The Jetsons and Star Wars. Keep things stable as the ninjas STAY as ninjas but they can use common technologies such as smartphones and social media. The franchise itself, its need more world-building, it happened in the second Naruto movie so there has to be more beyond that one continent!  One goal is to keep the franchise and themes stable and consistent when adding in new stuff, don't just abandon everything!

2 and 3 are basically the same but I will answer both questions into one. For NaruSaku as the official couple, I rather have them stable but realistic that makes them consistent and engaging in-universe and the audience. No additional third-wheels and more shapes for romantic-drama purposes. As for problems, as I said before, make them realistic but not too much because this a shonen demographic (which was somehow ignored in the manga's end run!) I don't want unnecessary drama that involved something similar towards the "confession" back in Land of Iron.

4) Other couples, well right off the bat, I know possibly ShikaTema, SaiIno, LeeTen and SasuKarin. ACTUAL development is needed for Chouji X Karui (if I decided to go into that route). Others, possible paired them to different established or new characters.

5) The closing would be the same, but my idea would expand ala the end of Dragon Ball Z, but don't go beyond like what happened in Dragon Ball GT. Happily married, with kids (possibly near adulthood) and Naruto is currently Hokage.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#49543 hisaberpie

hisaberpie

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:43 PM

I have a friend who said that even if narusaku did become canon we would still get boruto as their son because thats what kishimoto had in mind. I don't know about himawari but i think that has some truth to it.

If boruto was a narusaku kid and i am horrified by that thought, i think sakura would have been more involved in his life then hinata ever has. She'd keep him in line for acting up and probably make sure that naruto wouldn't be so distant from his son.

I also believe that sakura wouldn't just stand around while her hokage husband was kidnpped. She'd tell her son to wait for her while she went with the other kages to rescue naruto herself.

#49544 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:12 PM

I have a friend who said that even if narusaku did become canon we would still get boruto as their son because thats what kishimoto had in mind. I don't know about himawari but i think that has some truth to it.

If boruto was a narusaku kid and i am horrified by that thought, i think sakura would have been more involved in his life then hinata ever has. She'd keep him in line for acting up and probably make sure that naruto wouldn't be so distant from his son.

I also believe that sakura wouldn't just stand around while her hokage husband was kidnpped. She'd tell her son to wait for her while she went with the other kages to rescue naruto herself.

Yeah Boruto and Sarada would still exist, but their parents would make way more sense.

#49545 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:13 PM

I don't see how Boruto could possibly be the way he is if Sakura was his mother. She simply would not allow it. She wouldn't tolerate disrespect. Even the lobotomized and pathetic version of Sakura in Boruto got angry and destroyed her house (like an idiot) rather than stand there and cry which is what Hinata was depicted as doing. Hinata is seriously so worthless. She should not have had children with anyone, least of all Naruto. She is like a child herself. Childish people have no business having children.

Edited by DrK, 24 August 2018 - 11:14 PM.

#49546 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,545 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:21 PM

We would have gotten a similar ending; a son painting the monument to bookend the story. But it would have been more positive. Naruto message to Boruto to "just endure it," is I feel he had resigned himself to an ending he didn't have confidence in for the fans, the movie was his issues he had connecting with his family especially after the ending, and the gaiden was after learning that the ending was built on a lie and him lashing out a bit in spite.

No one, not even her detractors, can really imagine Sakura putting up with either Bolt's or Naruto's behavior. Also the story is effected by how he feels Hinata would be as Naruto's wife first neutrally in the ending, then negatively later on.

She would have been brought along to do the whole team 7 together again instead of just SNS teasing.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 25 August 2018 - 12:43 AM.

#49547 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 04:36 PM

I don't see how Boruto could possibly be the way he is if Sakura was his mother. She simply would not allow it. She wouldn't tolerate disrespect. Even the lobotomized and pathetic version of Sakura in Boruto got angry and destroyed her house (like an idiot) rather than stand there and cry which is what Hinata was depicted as doing. Hinata is seriously so worthless. She should not have had children with anyone, least of all Naruto. She is like a child herself. Childish people have no business having children.

Yeah, Boruto is another reason why the ending/new series is so roundly disappointing. He's worse than Naruto was when he was a child. And it makes Naruto be a terrible dad as well. The ending/new series ruins the whole message of the first series. 

If Sakura was his mother, Boruto wouldn't be such a whiny, ungrateful spoiled-brat type. And Naruto wouldn't be such a terrible father. She wouldn't have let either of those things happen.

#49548 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:26 PM

Yeah, Boruto is another reason why the ending/new series is so roundly disappointing. He's worse than Naruto was when he was a child. And it makes Naruto be a terrible dad as well. The ending/new series ruins the whole message of the first series. 

If Sakura was his mother, Boruto wouldn't be such a whiny, ungrateful spoiled-brat type. And Naruto wouldn't be such a terrible father. She wouldn't have let either of those things happen.

you typically only put full, unlimited passion and love into something your heart is truly in. This is honestly the case for Naruto. Might make him sound selfish as there is kids involved, but they were most likely kids he didn't even want in the first place, and he most definitely didn't want the mother. I imagine Sakura-Chan wouldn't have to force Naruto to be a great husband and father,  he would probably be the best dad and husband in the entire Narutoverse  because his heart and soul would already be in it from the get-go if he was married to her rather than Hinata.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#49549 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 08:04 AM

Hinatatas + children = child abuse.

2e5.gif

#49550 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 02:52 PM

And the fact the way the ending also was, Tricksie, we forget it also ruins the idea that the new generation would surpass the old one, when we see how things are now in the Boruto era that Naruto and his generation ended up making the same "mistakes" as others before them have, without changing a thing.

This is why I feel if Naruto and Sakura were together, things I bet wouldn't end up as they have here in Boruto. Sure, some things might be the same, like the advances in technology possibly, but not everything else that has happened to continue the same cycle past generations had let happen too.

#49551 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 04:00 AM

Well Kishimoto forgot to give the kids Byakugan at first if I recall right, so I doubt he had anything “in mind”.

#49552 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:59 AM

Well Kishimoto forgot to give the kids Byakugan at first if I recall right, so I doubt he had anything “in mind”.

I can believe that Sarada and Boruto were planned ahead of the end couples because both have no design input from their mother. Well except Sarada if you want to believe the theory that Karin was originally her mother which is totally believable.

#49553 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 27 August 2018 - 12:36 PM

Boruto can be passed off as a NaruSaku child, but I wish Kishimoto had a much better design for the character in mind. Ugly beyond mortal comprehension.

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

#49554 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 27 August 2018 - 05:25 PM

I can believe that Sarada and Boruto were planned ahead of the end couples because both have no design input from their mother. Well except Sarada if you want to believe the theory that Karin was originally her mother which is totally believable.

Its pretty patently obvious who both characters mothers were intended to be.

Boruto was a NS child theres no doubt at all. the hair is designed to resemble a flower or cherry blossom with narutos wild spiky nature mixed in

Hawarimi or whatever her name was was supposed to be a KibaHina child you can see by the base Hinata design but adding in the wild nature of Kibas desgin

Sarada was so blatantly intended to be a SasuKarin child that they even went with the glasses

the only thing that changed was the ending which shuffled the kids around parently

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#49555 hisaberpie

hisaberpie

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 06:27 PM

tumblr_inline_nu7rd8Osfr1t4wyw7_500.gif'

I saw this gif and i just had to post it here.. So many fanfics became canon after this moment.. :chuckle:

#49556 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 27 August 2018 - 06:59 PM

tumblr_inline_nu7rd8Osfr1t4wyw7_500.gif'

I saw this gif and i just had to post it here.. So many fanfics became canon after this moment.. :chuckle:

Not knowing that the Orochimaru actor is actually female...

latest?cb=20140126021943

#49557 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 07:14 PM

Its pretty patently obvious who both characters mothers were intended to be.

Boruto was a NS child theres no doubt at all. the hair is designed to resemble a flower or cherry blossom with narutos wild spiky nature mixed in

Hawarimi or whatever her name was was supposed to be a KibaHina child you can see by the base Hinata design but adding in the wild nature of Kibas desgin

Sarada was so blatantly intended to be a SasuKarin child that they even went with the glasses

the only thing that changed was the ending which shuffled the kids around parently

Yeah, it's pretty blatant. Sarada is the worst offender considering she even adjusts her glasses like Karin does and has the same glasses as Karin. Why did they feel like this was OK to do? They ruined this massive intellectual property of Kishimoto's over favoring one female character and not favoring another one? It's kittening stupid.

Edited by DrK, 27 August 2018 - 07:16 PM.

#49558 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:43 PM

Yeah, it's pretty blatant. Sarada is the worst offender considering she even adjusts her glasses like Karin does and has the same glasses as Karin. Why did they feel like this was OK to do? They ruined this massive intellectual property of Kishimoto's over favoring one female character and not favoring another one? It's kittening stupid.

That's why I don't understand either. And it's not just the gesture, its her entire design as well! From the moment I laid eyes on Sarada (not that way, pervs!) you can tell that she's Sasuke and Karin's child from facial to eye structure, even wearing glasses, which is a bit odd that she's an Uchiha. What's even odder, was her debut outfit, a proper school outfit with actual shoes, not the standard sandals! But they think that the nerve to say, "Oh, you're wrong! Sakura is her biological mother!" Really? Are we that stupid?! Take out the "biological" part and put in "adopted", then many of us will be at least okay with it.

As I said before and I'll say it again, everyone is on "All My Hinata" as she for some reason has the biggest priority out of the entire franchise, more important than the titular character himself.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#49559 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:55 PM

wasn't it also revealed that she had Uzumaki blood and DNA in her as well? That literally seals the deal.

#49560 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:59 PM

wasn't it also revealed that she had Uzumaki blood and DNA in her as well? That literally seals the deal.

It was? The hell?

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users