Most Emotional Chapter For You?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

#1 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:57 AM

I'm curious. So far, what has been the most emotional chapter (or even part) of Naruto for you? smile.gif

For me, it has to be Chapter 498-504 where Naruto meets his mother. Damn, it gets me going every time. shamefulcry0js.gif

So what about you guys? It doesn't have to be something that got your eyes watering, it can be something that gets you really excited or gives you a huge smile!

#2 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

There are so many chapters that I can't really say without a good deal of thought

my favourite chapters to read though are

Temari and Shikamaru vs Tayuya

Shikamaru vs Hidan

ya I know neither have to do with the main character but what can I say I like Shikamaru and ShikaTem rocks biggrin.gif

I will have to think about the most emotional one

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#3 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

Hm, my favorite chapter.... Well it may be really corny, but I really like chapter 458/459 in which Sai tells Sakura about Naruto's feelings. I could almost sense the range of feelings Sakura must have had at that time. Also, it showed how determined and selfless she was. Of course, we now know things didn't turn out that great but I still like that moment in time.

#4 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

Mine would be Jiraiya/Tsunade bench scene before he left Konoha to die. It really showed how those 2 meant to each other. How Jiraiya responded was really sad.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#5 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

For some reason this manga never really managed to get me "emotional". But one scene I aways found very sad is when Konan dies, and that blood covered paper flies away, to find it's place back to their old home.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#6 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

So many many to choose from.

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Aug 9 2012, 07:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mine would be Jiraiya/Tsunade bench scene before he left Konoha to die. It really showed how those 2 meant to each other. How Jiraiya responded was really sad.

This is a really good one, and I think they did a great job in the anime.

Thus leading to Jiraiya's death... he was a good man, who pushed through hardship with a smile and wisdom. Because even though he was a man who always found joy in his life... he never really got that piece of happiness he had always hoped to obtain: to be with Tsunade. And even if he had accepted her disposition on it... he still yearned for it. The flashbacks that Tsunade has... really punched this home, and my gut.

QUOTE (Smiter @ Aug 9 2012, 04:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For me, it has to be Chapter 498-504 where Naruto meets his mother. Damn, it gets me going every time. shamefulcry0js.gif

So what about you guys? It doesn't have to be something that got your eyes watering, it can be something that gets you really excited or gives you a huge smile!

The part that gets me every single time I read through this, is when Kushina is hugging baby Naruto, after being saved by Minato. She's bawling because she doesn't know how much longer she has with her boy, who was just born. Just thinking about it makes me.... makes me.... shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#7 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

The chapters when Naruto finally see's his mother and the last chapter with her when they both cry really got to me.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#8 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

Kushina/Naruto reunion ch 496.

Kushina's speech to Naruto when Minato is about to sacrifice themselves to the Shinigami in order to seal Kurama in Naruto I think it was ch 502 or 503 (I was crying so much shamefulcry0js.gif).

Sakura finding out by Sai that Naruto loves her and her reaction to find out all this time Naruto has been suffering in secrecy while trying to make her happy ch 457.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#9 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:48 PM

Have to agree with Alexander on that one, but I also got really emotional with Itachi's final departure. If it wasn't for Itachi I'd have no qualms about Sasuke just randomly dying in a cornfield. Itachi deserves some sort of break.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#10 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

when jiraiya died....(why.....)
when asuma died (shikamaru!!)
when yahiko died (nagato killed him...and he didnt want to T^T)
when kushina and minato died (leaving their baby!!)

but most of all....when obito died...i cried like a baby that chapter T^T when kakshi's(obito's) eye was crying i almost had to walk away...

soooo any chapter with a death i cried :3

Edited by merryGOflava, 09 August 2012 - 08:13 PM.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#11 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

Thinking about it today I would have to say the chapter where Shikamaru, Ino and Chouji fight Edo-Azuma, as stated I am a big Shikamaru fan but I also really like Ino and Chouji and all three of them shine in these chapters.

It really goes to show how well the three clans always work together and support each other, they have coma a long way from Team Ino in the chunin exams biggrin.gif

the chapters hit all the right buttons for me and when chouji blossoms as Shikamaru always said he would it brings out a big smile biggrin.gif

Edited by Verilance, 09 August 2012 - 08:14 PM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#12 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

Moved this topic to the Chronicles as it does contain manga spoilers! Sorry, I forgot that there were still people who don't usually read the manga, and I wasn't sure where the anime was!

Great reading your posts, guys. biggrin.gif I agree that the moment Sakura found out about Naruto's feelings was an emotional moment as well (If only Sakura hadn't messed up, but she's human). And Jiraiya meeting Tsunade for the last time... sad.gif

#13 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

There was definitely a lot of emotional chapters for me in Naruto, but the chapters that got me the most were definitely the chapter when Naruto turned into his four tailed form and fighting Orochimaru, but what really got me about the chapter was when Kabuto mentioned Naruto doing this for Sakura's sake and her reaction afterwards. It always gets me... the feelings and the emotion.

Another chapter that gets me is after Naruto meets Kushina for the first time and she tells him how Minato and her met, all leading up to that faithful night where Tobi extracted Kurama from Kushina and made him attack Konoha. It was an emotional chapter not only because of Naruto's birth, but because it lead to the death of Minato and Kushina thanks to Tobi and it took away a family that could have been. Damn Tobi for doing that and I hope in the upcoming chapters Naruto kicks his ass for doing that to him!

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#14 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Aug 9 2012, 06:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you 100% this scene in the manga was so sad. We all know that those two really loved each other and it showed in those few panels. Especially when Tsunade was ready to leave with Jiraiya. His whole speech about her betting he would die was sweet since Tsunade always lost her bets. Also when Tsunade finally gave in to her feelings about Jiraiya's death in the hall way was sad too D:

However for me the saddest scene in the manga like many others is when Naruto meets Kushina, now that hit me hard. I guess its because I saw all of those chapters from a mothers point of view. What was even sadder for me was when I saw how Minato and Kushina sacrifice themselves to save their newborn son. Their speeches to Naruto brought tears to my eyes because in that instant I became Kushina. I thought if that where me what would I say to my son, if I knew I had but moments to live what would my dying words be to him. The sorrow in those panels was gut wrenching. That day was supposed to be the happiest day of their lives and instead both Kushina and Minato had to say goodbye to the happy lives they would never lead with their son.

I also felt for Garra's mother when he was born. A mothers love is never ending from the moment she first sees her child.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#15 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

Anime and manga in general never makes me cry (I don't know why; it just doesn't), but when I first read the chapter where Sakura beats herself up over not being able to protect her teammates in the Forest of Death, then cutting her hair and getting the crap beaten out of her, I came really close to crying.

#16 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:10 PM

Too many to choose from...

But if I absolutely have to choose, then it would be....

In part 1.

Naruto's fight against Kiba. To me that perfectly encapsulated not only the scorn and derision that everyone treated Naruto with, but also Naruto's struggle for acknowledgement and his resolve to never give up.

Sakura's fight against Dosu, Zaku and Kin, mostly because this is the first time we got a glimpe of Sakura's past and also because this was a big turning point for her character.

Sakura's fight against Ino, because once again, this gave us a glimpse into Sakuras past and her relationship with Ino.

The POAL, because it displayed Naruto selfless love and devotion to Sakura

Which bring me to...

Naruto's "final fight" with Sasuke. The setting, the dialogue and just the way everything had been building up to this, it was so...perfect. But what really get's me is the ending and how Naruto ultimately failed. shamefulcry0js.gif

Which brings me to...

The hospital scene, because this is Sakura's final step towards becoming a better person and also because this time, it's Sakura's turn to make a promise to Naruto.

In part 2.

Sakura's realization about Naruto being a jinchuriki. The way she silently cries for him and the way in which he, in turn, attempts to comfort her by turning the conversation away from himself, it just...gah! arg.gif

Naruto rampage, because it really shows how selfless Sakura's devotion to Naruto is and how she is willing to take it all on her shoulders, just to keep Naruto away from harm.

Asuma's death. Seriously...I did not see that coming. I suppose I should have, but I didn't and to think that Asuma was going to be a father. shamefulcry0js.gif Also, his dying words to Ino, Shikamaru and Choji. Brilliant!

Jiraiya and Tsunade's conversation. It's like she's finally able to give him a chance and then he just cuts her off like that and then how he makes her bet that he will die, because she always loses. Not only is it an ironic forewarning of what's about to happen, but it also a pretty grim one at that.

Which brings me to...

Jiraiya's death. Why? Why did he have to die like that, without achieving all his life's goals and Naruto...Naruto was so devastated. shamefulcry0js.gif

Naruto's meeting with Minato, because of all the mixed feelings that Naruto was clearly going through. First it was anger for being made into a jinchuriki, but then that anger turned to happiness that he was the son of a hero and then when Minato placed his trust in Naruto. Awesome! :thumbs:

Sai and Sakura's conversation and how sad, angry and disappointed Sakura was with herself. Here she's spend all this time trying to not be a burden to Naruto and what happens? Turns out he's been suffering all this time and all because of some stupid promise. shamefulcry0js.gif

Which brings me to...

Sakura's confession, because this was the first time that Naruto and Sakura had an argument and because it really showed how misunderstanding and dishonesty, even if it's done for good, can be very devastating for a relationship.

Which brings me to...

Naruto's speech to Sasuke and also Sakura's speech, but mostly because of how bad I felt for Sakura. To me it felt like she had given up and at the time, it felt to me like Sakura's role was simply to be a tragic character in the sense that sometimes dreams just don't come true. I don't really feel that way anymore, but still, whenever I read that chapter or see that quote of her speech, it still hits me.

Naruto's meeting with Kushina, because of Naruto's reaction. It's like finally finding something you've been missing for so long and then at the end, when she disappears. shamefulcry0js.gif Also, their interaction in general was both very heartwarming and also funny. Reminds me of a certain couple. wink.gif

Which brings me to...

Kushina's flachback, because of what could have been. Why oh why Kishi? Why must you do this?! shamefulcry0js.gif

The lover nin scene, because it shows Sakura's inner conflict. A conflich which I hope will be resolved soon.

And lastly...

Gaara's fight with his father, because holy kitten, how much more twisted can you get. I mean really.

So yeah, I think that covers the most imporant ones for me. laugh.gif

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#17 Chew

Chew

^ NaLu meine lub #ever1curr

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:omgawrsh y u do dis, Y U READING

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:46 AM

The Kushina/Naruto first meeting scene. I'm pretty sure I bawled like a baby and curled up in a corner screaming "WHYYYY~" T_T
OTP and my Bby

#18 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:54 AM

how can noone thinks obito's death!?

>:U that one was sad!

just when kakashi made friends with him....he dies...and couldnt confess his love to rin.....

thats like the worst possible thing that could happen to naruto T^T

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#19 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:24 AM

I think the most emotional chapter for me is the end of the Naruto's birth/Kyuubi attack flashback chapter. My god, so many tears was flowing... the anime version made it worse for me! So freaking sad and crying that Minato and Kushina sacrificing themselves for the sake of their son to become a hero! And then Kushina at the end, thanking Naruto for being her son as she faded away... shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#20 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Aug 9 2012, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the most emotional chapter for me is the end of the Naruto's birth/Kyuubi attack flashback chapter. My god, so many tears was flowing... the anime version made it worse for me! So freaking sad and crying that Minato and Kushina sacrificing themselves for the sake of their son to become a hero! And then Kushina at the end, thanking Naruto for being her son as she faded away... shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif

I agree. The panel where Minato and Kushina are both impaled by Kurama's claw. OMG. The way they act, and everything they say to their minutes-old son, is just heartbreakingly brave and loving. Big fat tears from me, no lie.

Other scenes that have evoked strong emotions of one kind or another include (in no particular order):

+ Naruto's near-kiss with Sakura when he was henged as Sasuke, when he understood his feelings for her.

+ Naruto's reaction to hearing Sakura cry over Sasuke's "dead" body after the fight with Haku. OMG. Then his impassioned words to Zabuza about Haku's sacrifice.

+ Gaara's "then I guess I'll make it rain blood" declaration in #59, and the subsequent murders he committed in the Forest of Death. He was one scary-ass kid. o__O

+ Kurenai falling to her knees when Shikamaru tells her Asuma has died. sad.gif

+ Obito's death.

+ Sakura finding out that a jinchuriki will die when the biju is extracted, Naruto acknowledging Sakura's tears and telling her not to worry (that he would save Gaara), and Sakura's disbelief that Naruto either couldn't or wouldn't understand she was crying over him.

+ Naruto's rage when he sees Deidara sitting on Gaara's dead body.

+ Jiraiya's final moments with Tsunade, and his death. sad.gif

+ Naruto allowing himself to be beaten by Karui to shield Sakura and cover for Sasuke.

+ Sakura hearing from Sai that Naruto loves her.

+ Sakura's confession. (Vexing, but thrilling nonetheless.)

+ Naruto rescuing Sakura from Sasuke. OMG. I nearly fainted from the coolness and sheer romance of it. *sigh*

+ Naruto's first appearance in his biju cloak.

I'm sure I'll think of ten more as soon as I post this. happy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users