31572 replies to this topic

#29121 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 07:40 AM

The reason they don't want to see it is because they don't like Sakura. The simple truth is, that people judge and condemn others based on first impressions. Sakura was a friend-zoning kitten in their eye, while Hinata was the shyest sweetest girl in the world; because of first impression. 

You are right that in a sense Sakura and Hinata represented the hard and easy way. "Why go for the girl that dislikes him that he has feeling for when their is a girl right over there that already likes him." Which is why Naruto going with Hinata at the end help destroy the series. Since, she didn't really add to the story other than, "the girl that likes him," and trying to justify her importance and why she had to get together with him again, help destroyed the story.

True. But even in the context of the first impression, Sakura is shown actively changing her impression and behavior by the end of chapter 3! 

I totally see what you mean by first impression though. We as people tend to do that, but first impression isn't always the right one, though. Because people evolve. Characters develop. That first impression might not be an accurate one later on.

And that's where the problem lies - they absolutely refuse and deny to see that Sakura's behavior and feelings to Naruto change and evolve over time.

It's like... they're just content with living under this great lie, as long as it fits their view. As long as it's comfortable. Doesn't matter if it's a deception. 

And for the love of God, I will never understand how can some people be like that. And it's me I'm saying this, the one who used to like NaruHina and SasuSaku in the beginning. Granted, based on the impression the anime gave me.

Because as soon as I came in contact with the manga, oh boy, things changed! I found a totally different story there. So then, I guess you could say that I "woke up", in a way. That's the reason that I cannot understand these people. I mean, I do understand from where it comes, I just can't understand WHY would you want to live under a lie?

But I guess I view it as such because one of my principles is that I always prefer to confront the hard truth, than to live in a comfortable lie. My life would've probably been different if I were to lived in that kind of life. But then I wondered, at what cost? 

You're totally right on the girl liking him part. It's literally just the easy way out, but they somehow twist it into this God given gift and that this is what should always have happened. Because look at how happy Naruto is now. 

For them, Hinata is his reward for the strong feelings he had for Sakura. And I can't help but be like... what? That's not how things work. Not by proxy. 

It's like... I cannot understand how they cannot comprehend this simple analogy. Or maybe they don't want to. Which I think it's moreso the case.

It's like you're in a contest, you're promised that if you do your best and score everything right, you're going to get rewarded with spot no. 1.

But then, after all the hard work you put in everything and ON YOUR OWN, you're given the second place, because the first place has been given to someone else. Who didn't work at all for their prize, but was handed every response and resolve for that contest on a silver platter and ta da.

Which basically describes corruption, in a way.

Which basically became a Naruto thing even in real life. These people corrupted this very essence of the manga and destroyed it to its last bit....

But alas, it is what it is...

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#29122 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 17 September 2020 - 06:05 PM

True. But even in the context of the first impression, Sakura is shown actively changing her impression and behavior by the end of chapter 3! 

I totally see what you mean by first impression though. We as people tend to do that, but first impression isn't always the right one, though. Because people evolve. Characters develop. That first impression might not be an accurate one later on.

And that's where the problem lies - they absolutely refuse and deny to see that Sakura's behavior and feelings to Naruto change and evolve over time.

It's like... they're just content with living under this great lie, as long as it fits their view. As long as it's comfortable. Doesn't matter if it's a deception. 

And for the love of God, I will never understand how can some people be like that. And it's me I'm saying this, the one who used to like NaruHina and SasuSaku in the beginning. Granted, based on the impression the anime gave me.

Because as soon as I came in contact with the manga, oh boy, things changed! I found a totally different story there. So then, I guess you could say that I "woke up", in a way. That's the reason that I cannot understand these people. I mean, I do understand from where it comes, I just can't understand WHY would you want to live under a lie?

But I guess I view it as such because one of my principles is that I always prefer to confront the hard truth, than to live in a comfortable lie. My life would've probably been different if I were to lived in that kind of life. But then I wondered, at what cost? 

You're totally right on the girl liking him part. It's literally just the easy way out, but they somehow twist it into this God given gift and that this is what should always have happened. Because look at how happy Naruto is now. 

For them, Hinata is his reward for the strong feelings he had for Sakura. And I can't help but be like... what? That's not how things work. Not by proxy. 

It's like... I cannot understand how they cannot comprehend this simple analogy. Or maybe they don't want to. Which I think it's moreso the case.

It's like you're in a contest, you're promised that if you do your best and score everything right, you're going to get rewarded with spot no. 1.

But then, after all the hard work you put in everything and ON YOUR OWN, you're given the second place, because the first place has been given to someone else. Who didn't work at all for their prize, but was handed every response and resolve for that contest on a silver platter and ta da.

Which basically describes corruption, in a way.

Which basically became a Naruto thing even in real life. These people corrupted this very essence of the manga and destroyed it to its last bit....

But alas, it is what it is...

They probably got their mindset stuck on sakura from episode 3 of the anime rather than chapter 3 of the manga for first impressions, given the scenes Studio added that made her look bad and removed some scenes that made her look good https://karinakamich...rences-in#notes

But yeah once you take a serious look in the manga you should be able to see things much more clearly on Sakura's character and her developing relationship with Naruto post chapter 3.

They probably use the last's logic of how Naruto never truly loved Sakura and only chased after her to compete in his rivalry with Sasuke in order to make Hinata the 2nd place prize.

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 17 September 2020 - 06:10 PM.

#29123 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 06:44 PM

They probably got their mindset stuck on sakura from episode 3 of the anime rather than chapter 3 of the manga for first impressions, given the scenes Studio added that made her look bad and removed some scenes that made her look good https://karinakamich...rences-in#notes

But yeah once you take a serious look in the manga you should be able to see things much more clearly on Sakura's character and her developing relationship with Naruto post chapter 3.

They probably use the last's logic of how Naruto never truly loved Sakura and only chased after her to compete in his rivalry with Sasuke in order to make Hinata the 2nd place prize.

Most likely, and shows Studio Pierrot's influence super evidently right from the start.

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 17 September 2020 - 06:44 PM.

#29124 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 18 September 2020 - 05:47 PM

You know what? I'm starting to realize why many people didn't like Sakura. Studio Pierrot just screwed her up in the beginning by making her like a kitten heading towards Ino's territory without the sympathetic and caring tones that she supposed to had in the manga. They purposely did that.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#29125 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 18 September 2020 - 05:50 PM

You know what? I'm starting to realize why many people didn't like Sakura. Studio Pierrot just screwed her up in the beginning by making her like a kitten heading towards Ino's territory without the sympathetic and caring tones that she supposed to had in the manga. They purposely did that.

Wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

Anyway chapter 50 of boruto is out

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 18 September 2020 - 05:51 PM.

#29126 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 06:32 PM

You know what is laughable about that explanation? I follewed the anime first too, years before I ever found the manga online which was in 2007. I watched the anime since 2002-2003. But I NEVER Hated Sakura no matter how exagerated they made her in the anime. I saw that the the progress she goes through, especially in how she treats Naruto as very sweet, despite finding her annoying at the beginning. Besides, hanging up on How Sakura treated Naruto at the beginning and ONLY latching on to that notion of first impressions is a fallisious hypocrisy.  I've already said this but by that attitude that should umbrella EVERYONE IN THE VILLAGE THEN, including Iruka, Kakashi and Sasuke. It is just sad and pathetic, the excuses that go on in these Sakura detractors' heads :superior:

I've also stated this before. Iruka can be a tsundere to Naruto, Sasuke can be a tsundere to Naruto, Hinata(RTN self) can be a possessive psychotic *beep* AND a tsundere to Naruto (and everyone else), but Sakura CAN'T?

Edited by Phantom_999, 28 September 2020 - 08:06 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#29127 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 18 September 2020 - 08:07 PM

You know what is laughable about that explanation. I follwed the anime first too, years before I ever found the manga online which was in 2007, and in the mean time I watched the anime since 2002-2003. But I NEVER Hated Sakura no matter how exagerated the made her in the anime. I saw that the the progress she goes through, especially in how she treats Naruto as very sweet, despite finding her annoying at the beginning. Besides, hanging up on How Sakura treated Naruto at the beginning and ONLY latching on to that notion of first impressions is a fallisious hypocrisy.  I've already said this but by that attitude that should umbrella EVERYONE IN THE VILLAGE THEN, including Iruka, Kakashi and Sasuke. It is just sad and pathetic, the excuses that go on in these Sakura detractors' heads :superior:

I've also stated this before. Iruka can be a tsundere to Naruto, Sasuke can be a tsundere to Naruto, Hinata(RTN self) can be a possessive psychotic *beep* AND a tsundere to Naruto (and everyone else), but Sakura CAN'T?

Yep.

I started watching the franchise when it first came to the US in 2005. Most of the time, Sakura was basically comic relief, especially when Inner Sakura (remember that?) adds her two cents. Not to mention her Tsundere characteristics was similar to other franchises: Kaoru from Rurouni Kenshin, Chi-Chi, Videl and lesser to extent, Bulma in Dragon Ball. I never gave them hate to those characteristics because they were common tropes.  But yeah, definitely agree with you. Phantom. It's silly that people treated Sakura like that when it comes to her starting relationship with Naruto and her initial personality.  

latest?cb=20140126021943

#29128 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 01:10 AM

I said the same, Derock. They did it on purpose, and with the intent of pushing their agenda, just like they randomly crammed Hinata into Episode 1, though they also did have Shikamaru, Ino, Sakura, and Sasuke popping up, but still!!

#29129 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 03:27 AM

They did it on purpose, and with the intent of pushing their agenda, just like they randomly crammed Hinata into Episode 1, though they also did have Shikamaru, Ino, Sakura, and Sasuke popping up, but still!!

But that filler is acceptable because they were all Naruto's classmates. While the manga had random kids, it was highly accepted to see Sakura, Sasuke, Shikamaru, Ino and unimportance Hinata there.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#29130 thelordofspace72

thelordofspace72

Light Paladin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 08:31 AM

I remember one of the hinatards was always blaming the rest of the characters instead of Hinata for stupid reasons.

For example, he used to say that Neji's death was due to Sasuke's stupidity and his lack of interest in the situation. Hinata is not guilty of what happened.

And he says that Naruto is very stupid because he did not notice Hinata's love for him until after a long time.

The worst thing he said in defense of Hinata was when Hinata was jealous of the Kushina scarf that Kushina had given to Naruto. He said that the only reason Naruto should leave his mother's scarf and wear the one that Hinata knitted for him is because Hinata loves Naruto more than Kushina. This is the worst thing I have heard in my life. A mother's love and a wife's love are two different things.

Do you see why these creatures are the dirtiest on earth?

Edited by thelordofspace72, 19 September 2020 - 01:56 PM.

#29131 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 04:42 PM

I remember one of the hinatards was always blaming the rest of the characters instead of Hinata for stupid reasons.

For example, he used to say that Neji's death was due to Sasuke's stupidity and his lack of interest in the situation. Hinata is not guilty of what happened.

And he says that Naruto is very stupid because he did not notice Hinata's love for him until after a long time.

The worst thing he said in defense of Hinata was when Hinata was jealous of the Kushina scarf that Kushina had given to Naruto. He said that the only reason Naruto should leave his mother's scarf and wear the one that Hinata knitted for him is because Hinata loves Naruto more than Kushina. This is the worst thing I have heard in my life. A mother's love and a wife's love are two different things.

Yep! I've also heard people have the balls to blame SAKURA for not healing Neji when she was elsewhere on the battlefield when he was killed. And these scum forget their precious Hinata was shown healing in filler in the anime, their own gospel, so why didn't they ask why she didn't do it? Oh, that's right... THEIR STUPID PRINCESS CAN'T BE WRONG NO MATTER WHAT KIND OF INSANE THINGS SHE DOES OR CAUSES!!

I can only imagine the asinine excuses when she tripped and just gave up trying to go to Naruto when he was dying after the Yin half of Kurama was ripped from him, begging Neji's ghost to watch over him, while Sakura actually did something about it. I like to think in the original ending, this was a sign that Hinata wasn't gonna be with Naruto. But nope! It had to be ruined by Studio Pierrot having to be greedy and basically force what they wanted onto Kishimoto who just wasn't in a right place since he had worked on Naruto for so long, was tired of it, as well as how he was still hurting from his dad passing away, and Shueisha and his editors not caring and only wanting more money.

#29132 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 06:58 PM

Most of those arguments doesn't even make sense. That person literally just forcing Hinata to become a major character.  If I ever come across someone with those said arguments, I will end the conversation in a very bad way.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#29133 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 01:55 AM

Most of those arguments doesn't even make sense. That person literally just forcing Hinata to become a major character.  If I ever come across someone with those said arguments, I will end the conversation in a very bad way.

It's like something James said on YouTube years ago of the only reason why pro-ending fans as well as pro-NaruHina fans know they can't defend the ending and all of that, and that our opinion with facts and all that are just basically the fact they can't and are pissed by it to try to defend what they wanted.

#29134 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 10:03 AM

That is inaccurate. Kushina was dead and Naruto only got that scarf recently by the time of the Last. I think it was he was given his parents old stuff by Tsunade once he became 18. If he was given it by his mother he would have been wearing it in the flashback and that would be the scarf Hinata creepily kept by her bedside for fifteen years. Not the one he was wearing during the movie and was pretty much forced to throw away because she was jealous over it.

Well that proves that they are so insecure about Hinata's place in Naruto's heart like I've always said, they can't even stand the idea that his mother might have loved him. NO ONE COULD LOVE NARUTO AS MUCH AS HINATA DOES.

Kushina sacrificed her life to save her son at the day of his birth. Hinata gave up when she thought another woman gave a scarf before him, instead of you know him buying one at a convenience store because it was cold out.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 20 September 2020 - 10:09 AM.

#29135 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 03:01 PM

the last isn't super clear because it devotes it's script to the romantic aspects (written by a romance specialist) but the scarf was knitted by kushina for him and was kept by hiruzen according to konohamaru who gave it to naruto in the last (according to the wiki which might be wrong but i can't bring myself to watch the movie again and check). so this scarf wasn't given to naruto before he was 19 just because? ok movie. also naruto later on discards the scarf saying he's fine without it lmao i guess he's so dead inside his parent's sacrifice doesn't matter ... once hinata's scarf wrapped around him he was gone

#29136 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 04:22 PM

That is inaccurate. Kushina was dead and Naruto only got that scarf recently by the time of the Last. I think it was he was given his parents old stuff by Tsunade once he became 18. If he was given it by his mother he would have been wearing it in the flashback and that would be the scarf Hinata creepily kept by her bedside for fifteen years. Not the one he was wearing during the movie and was pretty much forced to throw away because she was jealous over it.

Well that proves that they are so insecure about Hinata's place in Naruto's heart like I've always said, they can't even stand the idea that his mother might have loved him. NO ONE COULD LOVE NARUTO AS MUCH AS HINATA DOES.

Kushina sacrificed her life to save her son at the day of his birth. Hinata gave up when she thought another woman gave a scarf before him, instead of you know him buying one at a convenience store because it was cold out.

Well done!  :goodjob:  :banana:

And so we don't ever forget... James' old video of his 30+ minute talk of The Last, and it feels so good because you FEEL his passion.

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 20 September 2020 - 04:26 PM.

#29137 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 04:39 PM

The Last is pure kitten festa.

You know what was the thing with the scarf? We had the Kushina / Sakura parallel. So anything remotely similar in symbolism with that had to be thrown down the drain because well, we cannot have anything REMOTELY close to that parallel. 

I think that's the subtlety of that message, if you ask me.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#29138 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 04:44 PM

The Last is pure kitten festa.

You know what was the thing with the scarf? We had the Kushina / Sakura parallel. So anything remotely similar in symbolism with that had to be thrown down the drain because well, we cannot have anything REMOTELY close to that parallel. 

I think that's the subtlety of that message, if you ask me.

Considering how NaruSaku was such a threat and how Studio Pierrot couldn't stand them together PERIOD having to spit in the face of all they stood for, even doing it as early as the third episode of the series and beyond, just due to their pettiness

#29139 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 21 September 2020 - 12:15 AM

I will laugh so hard if Kishi comes out one day to say that he hates the ending and was forced by SP to do this stupid ending.

I mean, I know this will never happen, but I can dream it, I can dream it, and I do, and in my dreams, it is sweet, but it's also like James said, we have Fanfiction to do our own NaruSaku stories, I know I will keep doing them.

#29140 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 21 September 2020 - 02:53 AM

I will laugh so hard if Kishi comes out one day to say that he hates the ending and was forced by SP to do this stupid ending.

I mean, I know this will never happen, but I can dream it, I can dream it, and I do, and in my dreams, it is sweet, but it's also like James said, we have Fanfiction to do our own NaruSaku stories, I know I will keep doing them.

You know that George Carlin skit list if people who ought to be killed if only the NH and ss fans where on there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users