3357 replies to this topic

#3061 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 24 December 2017 - 02:24 AM

Lmaooooo same!! I was bored but now that she appeard, everyone is hyped up xD

I feel like Erina is going against Momo for Megumi, also I enjoy that it is Soma that show interest in her than she does to him because its usually the girl over the guy that shows interest in the person whether romantically or not

It only took us 244 chapters to see Erina doing a full-fledged Shokugeki :th_yeah:

I also have a feeling Erina will revenge Megumi by full-out defeating Momo (who's been left in a bad mood since her battle against Megumi). It's gonna feel twice as good considering how disappointing the Megumi vs Momo fight was. And Momo better step up her game. I want to see some real Class A desserts, not those boring roses -_-

Soma is excited to see his future wife doing some cooking :hehehe:  I liked how he remembered the first time he met her.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#3062 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 04:38 PM

It only took us 244 chapters to see Erina doing a full-fledged Shokugeki :th_yeah:

I also have a feeling Erina will revenge Megumi by full-out defeating Momo (who's been left in a bad mood since her battle against Megumi). It's gonna feel twice as good considering how disappointing the Megumi vs Momo fight was. And Momo better step up her game. I want to see some real Class A desserts, not those boring roses -_-

Soma is excited to see his future wife doing some cooking :hehehe:  I liked how he remembered the first time he met her.

EXACTLY.................................... :love:  :chuckle:  :lulz:  :wub:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3063 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:23 PM

I see her having a High Class Western focus in her cooking to counter Souma Japanese Home Cooking.

#3064 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:50 PM

I Also loved the the Christmas cover for the chapter too!!!! :love:

#3065 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:30 AM

Well as predicted, Momo has gone crazy because of her battle with Megumi and is obsessed with cuteness. Also turns out she is a toy consultant because she is able to predict what toys will be considered cute and be huge hit.

#3066 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:49 PM

I just caught up with the manga after a long break ( finished reading almost 50 chapters in 1 day :sweat: ) so I have a few things to say.

-Souma vs Nene and vs Saito loved those battles, he's turning into a real badars now even the Elite Ten joins his fangirl/harem club except Eizan of course  :lmao:

-Ishiki Senpai!!! I love the crazy nudist dude :lol:. Finally we learn more about him and we see him fight seriously for the first time, he's definitely one of my favorites, btw I totally ship him with Nene  :P .   

-Takumi has grown a lot, great character development for him XD.

-Megumi ugh! She at least deserved a draw if not a win I felt so sorry for her why do they do this to her!!! Although she has grown a lot too but for crying out loud just give the girl a clear win she deserves it, its like beating a dead horse *sigh* .

-Erina the General  :lol: .  Lots of progress from her I love it although she still plays Tsundere toward Souma she wouldn't even hi5 him lol but at least we get a reaction from him to her battle with Momo that was a surprise! Husbando can't wait to see his Waifu battle for the first time  :smug: .

ALSO......CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SHUT THE HELL UP THAT BETCH URARA  OR CUT OF HER TONGUE!!! SHE'S ANNOYING AS FUK!!!  :twitch:.  

However the main issue still remains with Azami and his stupid plan and reasons as well as the reasons of the Elite Ten for joining him, I just can't get over this its so freaking stupid ugh!  :facepalm: .

P.S When is the next chapter coming out!? 

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#3067 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:44 PM

Honestly, Megumi development is fine. She went from one more bad grade away from being expelled to one of the top chiefs of her year. She started the year as the dead last and ends it in the top 5 of her class. We have two more school years. We can have her start winning all her battle in the second year. 

Azami's main problem is that he came too early, he not really focused on, he is rushed, and he will soon be easily defeated. He should have come after Souma "defeated" Erina. He has so far accomplished two things allowed Souma's group to fight the elite ten before the Seniors graduate, and kick started SoumaXErina.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 29 December 2017 - 03:46 PM.

#3068 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:12 PM

yup that is the only thing that matters about him. :P  He kickstarted Soma x Erina. :love: and of course Soma X Erina has progressed Erina's CD spendidly lol :D

#3069 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:01 PM

Well it's official, Momo's backstory is one of the dumbest so far, is the mangaka even trying here? She's on her second battle and it feels like less work and effort went into them combined than any single battle. Seriously the power to predict the cuteness trends? She's gonna get slaughtered by Erina,

It's disappointing though, we've waited almost five years for Erina to take the stage and it feels like the opponent is a throwaway extra...she's a frigging third seat for trying out loud. this should feel more tense.

iAnby7W.gif

#3070 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:24 AM

Well it's official, Momo's backstory is one of the dumbest so far, is the mangaka even trying here? She's on her second battle and it feels like less work and effort went into them combined than any single battle. Seriously the power to predict the cuteness trends? She's gonna get slaughtered by Erina,

It's disappointing though, we've waited almost five years for Erina to take the stage and it feels like the opponent is a throwaway extra...she's a frigging third seat for trying out loud. this should feel more tense.

She hasn't been defeat yet, and we haven't learned why she wants to be a cook instead of a toy designer or something? So there can still be something interesting. Doubtful but still.

So far her Backstory makes her a foil to Erina.

They both are successful consultants (Food/toys) that focus their critique on one aspect (taste/cuteness.) Erina acts as a smug elites, but is really a kind girl. Momo act like a cutey child, but is really a smug elites that looks down on everyone. Erina explains what is wrong with a dish & how it could be improved, Momo keeps her reason to herself. Erina ultimately wants friends, Momo ultimately wants to be seen as cute. Erina had to regain her passsion for cooking she lost, Momo only seems to care about her food being cute. Erina looks mature for her age, Momo looks like a child despite being older.

#3071 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:33 AM

Well I'd argue the only reason that it does NOT feel tense is because everything we expect is a forgone conclusion that has been right every time. So the entire arc is not TENSE because the stakwes are so high that we already know the rebels will win, it is just how they make the fights interesting, chich again we already know how it plays out just by nature of who versus who and who has plot armour. :zaru:

#3072 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:52 AM

Well I'd argue the only reason that it does NOT feel tense is because everything we expect is a forgone conclusion that has been right every time. So the entire arc is not TENSE because the stakes are so high that we already know the rebels will win, it is just how they make the fights interesting, chich again we already know how it plays out just by nature of who versus who and who has plot armor.

Well the problem is the stakes are too high for a shounen character to lose now. Also we have been predicting things since before the first match even started. So the olny joy can be beating the crap out of kitten we know are going to lose. Problem again is other then Yakuza, and maybe Momo now of the Elite ten are that unlikable for that to work. So unless we get some SE shipping comedy from this not that interesting.

#3073 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:12 AM

Yeah exactly, so it is not the problem of it not being tense, because it was never tense to begin with, it is just an excuse plot. And the fact of the matter is the Elite Ten joining Azami in his gourmet regime is contradictory to what the Elite Ten was about in the first place as they have not reason to join him  for their own personal pride as chefs so they just became automatically unsympathetic ultimately so character development will not matter at this point. Therefore, I honestly don't really have a problem with things not being tense personally speaking.

#3074 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:23 AM

Yeah exactly, so it is not the problem of it not being tense, because it was never tense to begin with, it is just an excuse plot. And the fact of the matter is the Elite Ten joining Azami in his gourmet regime is contradictory to what the Elite Ten was about in the first place as they have not reason to join him  for their own personal pride as chefs so they just became automatically unsympathetic ultimately so character development will not matter at this point. Therefore, I honestly don't really have a problem with things not being tense personally speaking.

Problem is most of them aren't punch-able. Most guys want to kitten the second seat, and girls the first seat or maybe Mr. Samurai. Soba girl was meh. So all this is about is showing off the Elite Ten before they graduate, since again Azami hasn't done enough for us to ignore they aren't hate-able this isn't that interesting to see them defeated.

#3075 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:41 AM

Oh yeah I know. I'm just saying regardless of  character development and likability of Elite Ten members aside, it is an idiot plot for this arc to happen in the first place which was a consequence of the idiot of introducing Azami as internal to the plot at large. I'm saying that the Elite ten CAN but are not obligated to have tragic or relate-able back stories to involve themselves in the RDC because  their characters personalities and backstories are irrelevant to the fact on how they win or lose. Does Having Momo with a more sympathetic back story or complex drive change the fact that Erina will most likely wipe the floor with her? I don't think so, it didn't happen for Saito did it? 

Edited by Phantom_999, 30 December 2017 - 01:41 AM.

#3076 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:00 AM

Well I'd argue the only reason that it does NOT feel tense is because everything we expect is a forgone conclusion that has been right every time. So the entire arc is not TENSE because the stakwes are so high that we already know the rebels will win, it is just how they make the fights interesting, chich again we already know how it plays out just by nature of who versus who and who has plot armour. :zaru:

I'd argue just because you know the final outcome it doesn't mean the battle can no be made to be tense, to give the opponent enough focus and respect that they feel like they are there more than just being cannon fodder, If that was the case then the majority of the battle manga's would not be worth reading, This is the Frigging Third seat for crying out loud, however she's been written with so little care and attention that she might as well be a new member of the elite ten, even the Italian Chef Ishiki battled first was written better.

It should atleast feel like Erina is up again someone who is the best in the entire school for cakes and sweets, but it doesn't feel like Momo is a threat. It's annoying because I've waited almost five years to see Erina take the stage, and by the way it's set up it feels like it's against a throwaway extra, not the current third seat in the Elite 10.

iAnby7W.gif

#3077 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:24 PM

Honestly, Megumi development is fine. She went from one more bad grade away from being expelled to one of the top chiefs of her year. She started the year as the dead last and ends it in the top 5 of her class. We have two more school years. We can have her start winning all her battle in the second year. 

Azami's main problem is that he came too early, he not really focused on, he is rushed, and he will soon be easily defeated. He should have come after Souma "defeated" Erina. He has so far accomplished two things allowed Souma's group to fight the elite ten before the Seniors graduate, and kick started SoumaXErina.

I know its fine I like her development for those exact reasons, but still just give her one win it wouldn't hurt anyone its not to much to ask  :confused: .

I agree but its not just that its the fact that I can't connect with his stupid goal and the way he's going about it, it's just ridiculous as well as the Elite Ten reasonings for following him, at best they are poor and the author should have paid more thought about this.

Bolded: Its his sole purpose in this manga, not that I see anything wrong with this idea it was bound to happen one way or the other but I just wish it had more depth to it that's all.    

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#3078 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:06 AM

I'd argue just because you know the final outcome it doesn't mean the battle can no be made to be tense, to give the opponent enough focus and respect that they feel like they are there more than just being cannon fodder, If that was the case then the majority of the battle manga's would not be worth reading, This is the Frigging Third seat for crying out loud, however she's been written with so little care and attention that she might as well be a new member of the elite ten, even the Italian Chef Ishiki battled first was written better.

It should atleast feel like Erina is up again someone who is the best in the entire school for cakes and sweets, but it doesn't feel like Momo is a threat. It's annoying because I've waited almost five years to see Erina take the stage, and by the way it's set up it feels like it's against a throwaway extra, not the current third seat in the Elite 10.

Well okay I'll give you that. But to be honest what you mean by not being a tense fight is Momo's characteriztion being disappointing, not the stakes of the match itself right? Like you feel Momo became an elite ten member and the schools best pastry/dessert chef for a very petty and egotistical reason right? that's not the same as is not being tense. That is just disappointing character development. But truth be told, since the WHOLE ARC is half pointless except for the Main characters' development and we want this arc done asap, I'm willing to overlook it

Edited by Phantom_999, 31 December 2017 - 04:05 PM.

#3079 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 31 December 2017 - 08:36 PM

Soy sauce in a dessert, dead.

Momo is such an uninteresting character I gotta say. Her background was completely unnecessary.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#3080 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:05 AM

Indeed I'm not refuting that, I'm just saying all elite ten members will probably be given more characterization in this arc. It may not be interesting or tragic, but I expect it. And honestly I don't have a high opinion or expectation of this arc in the first place, except for Erina's CD and the CD of all the rebels fighting in the RDC. So complaining about how boring or uninteresting a character is not really on my priority list I just want this arc out of the way so we can actually get past it and hopefully Azami does not show his face or his BS ideology for a while, or ever again. :mellow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users