LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 16 August 2015 - 06:17 PM

I should've done this earlier, but I guess I got a little carried away on the Boruto movie thread which I apologize for if it got a little overwhelming for some of you guys. Anyways I'm not just making this thread for that particular reason alone, and the real truth is I'm making this thread to relive the memories I had when I first read the series and in a weird way I'm testing myself to see how much I can endure on rereading the series before those memories of you know what start to play out again like they on that fateful cursed day within the fandom... So I'll just continue where I left off from the previous post I made on The Boruto Movie thread.  This also a chance for you guys to keep tabs on how far I get in reliving these moments and you can also share your input on this as well. 

The Journey of Reliving The Naruto  Series continues, and now it's on to Volume 13: 

naruto-2242.jpg

I got to say reading this the first time around was kinda amusing, with Sasuke being late.  Yes, I know Naruto and Sasuke are rivals but I feel their friendship was starting form around this arc more so particularly in this page specifically. 

naruto-1566359.jpg

Obviously this is a big one when it comes to Sasuke,  and it was awesome to see him use Chidori for the first time, in fact I still think it's pretty awesome to see it believe it or not.  

naruto-1566381.jpg

Seeing Sasuke tremble before Gaara meant some crazy kitten was about to go down, but to an extent I did find it kinda funny like Sasuke since when do you ever get scared, granted you can say it happened in Volume 7, but ya know. 

naruto-1566404.jpg

And of course what's going to be leading to probably one of the saddest moments in the series, but also get a great fight between these two characters. The bar did/still truly rises for this part of the series. 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#2 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 07:13 PM

back when the series was good *sigh*

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#3 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 16 August 2015 - 07:42 PM

back when the series was good *sigh*

Yep. Naruto was a goofy, knucklehead but likeable. Sakura was growing from wanting to be Sasuke's fangirl to wanting to protect her friends. Sasuke is a douche but he still had some likeability. 

509356167_759751.gif?4

#4 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 08:05 PM

Back when Orochimaru was actually a very powerful and terrifying villain. Now he's.....I dunno.

2e5.gif

#5 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:02 PM

Back when the series was about actual ninjas instead of a dbz rip-off

Back when Orochimaru was actually a very powerful and terrifying villain. Now he's.....I dunno.

A daddy.

#6 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:25 PM

Orochimaru from Part 1 was the best villain.

#7 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 11:10 PM

Hard to reread or rewatch the series when you know 90% of the plots and developments introduced don't get anywhere, get forgotten or get outright retconned.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#8 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:03 AM

A daddy.

Or a mommy

#9 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:03 AM

Or a mommy

Or both...

#10 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:20 AM

Well I'm liking all the posts you guys :D 

Anyway I just finished re-reading Volume 14, and now it's time for the highlights

naruto-1568770.jpg

At first I was like woah The original predecessors of Konoha vs Sarutobi The Third Hokage this is going to be insane and you know what it defintely delivered on that note even though Orochimaru was in control of them. At the same time it shows just how sinister Orochimaru is. 

naruto-1568780.jpg

I consider this important because once again it showcases Shikamaru's intelligence especially when it comes to the battle strategy in catch up with Sasuke who is on the pursue for Gaara. 

naruto-1961709.jpg

This was a rather interesting turn to me honest, we got to see how Asuma's abilities were in fighting against the sound ninja, and man even to this day I was like Asuma that was some good kitten. This was the moment where I was like I want to know more about this character down the road. 

naruto-1566451.jpg

This flashback is really important because it's here where we find out why Orochimaru fled from Konoha, and I got say it was used effectively. Naruto flashbacks are things alot of people have a problem with, but here I think it was place appropriately making the pacing smoother. 

naruto-2488.jpg

Around this point we get an insight on Sarutobi and the relationship he had with The First and Second Hokage as he seals them away by risking his life due to the Reaper Death Seal which becomes a pivotal moment in the on going battle with Orochimaru, who isn't a force to be reckon with. In a weird way that still applies whenever it comes to this particular part in the series. 

naruto-1566463.jpg

Shino being a legitimate badass in the fight against Kankuro that was pretty shocking to say the least like woah it wasn't like super hyped, but I was impressed when I saw it the first time around, and it still does surprisingly even though the fight doesn't last too long. 

naruto-1566469.jpg

Finally we come to this point where Gaara's true powers were beginning to showcase as Sasuke gets prepared to see what his true strength is against the "real form" that Gaara showcases as their battle begins to start while Naruto, Sakura, and Pakun attempt to catch up. 

#11 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:21 AM

Back when the series was about actual ninjas instead of a dbz rip-off
A daddy.

Ninja doesn't spit fire.

#12 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:53 AM

It also shows just how powerful Hiruzen is, even in his old age. If it weren't for the properties of the Edo Tensei (and also due to stuff pulled out the rear later on, like Hashirama magically having his own unnamed Sage Mode), he would have killed both Hashirama and Tobirama by himself. He showed great power, skill, and wisdom due to a lifetime of experience.

To see such people like Hiruzen, or even antagonists like Kakuzu, get SO easily surpassed by Naruto/Sasuke/etc. simply by having powers constantly handed to them / giving opponents convenient, stupid moments of stupidity just to hand Naruto/Sasuke the win, irks me.

Edited by HalfDemonInuyasha, 17 August 2015 - 07:27 AM.

2e5.gif

#13 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:27 PM

Ninja doesn't spit fire.

The katon was still a reference to real world ninja techniques 

unlike you know the "I'mma firin mah lazer !!!! " kitten they had going on near the end

#14 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:45 PM

Man, I forgot the hand seals were a thing. Now, well, chakra is ki of DBZ logic.

#15 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:07 PM

Man, I forgot the hand seals were a thing. Now, well, chakra is ki of DBZ logic.

I know. So much of Kishi's battle style was interesting and novel and it was all dropped by the end.

#16 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:12 PM

I know. So much of Kishi's battle style was interesting and novel and it was all dropped by the end.

Well to be honest, it was dropping as part 2 goes on, and as much I enjoyed Pain Arc and all, it was a sign of old fights are in the past. Sadly, War Arc really showcase that.

#17 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:31 PM

It also shows just how powerful Hiruzen is, even in his old age. If it weren't for the properties of the Edo Tensei (and also due to stuff pulled out the rear later on, like Hashirama magically having his own unnamed Sage Mode), he would have killed both Hashirama and Tobirama by himself. He showed great power, skill, and wisdom due to a lifetime of experience.

To see such people like Hiruzen, or even antagonists like Kakuzu, get SO easily surpassed by Naruto/Sasuke/etc. simply by having powers constantly handed to them / giving opponents convenient, stupid moments of stupidity just to hand Naruto/Sasuke the win, irks me.

Well remember one of the themes of the story is hard work will get you what you want and there are no shortcuts in life.

Oh way that's not quite right. Never mind.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#18 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:25 PM

Well i just finished re-reading Volume 15, and now it's time for the highlights: 

naruto-2557.jpg

I know Itachi's been mentioned as Sasuke's brother but I love how with the flashback between Sasuke and Gaara how they exchange how similar the two of them are in terms of lonliness granted you can also equate Naruto into the mix as well considering that he has the same similarity as them. However as I said before I love they compared the two of them and incorporated the scene where The Uchiha Clan was slaughtered with  as well. I just thought and still think it's cool to see that being Sasuke's driving force despite learning that he can only two blows of Chidori  and decides to take a risk for it.

naruto-2576.jpg

Even though the fight between these two kept going it also showed how Sasuke reached his limit with the cursemark coming into play preventing him to move his body. It shows that Sasuke wasn't all that powerful and how his limitations could eventually consume him or even worse cause his death.

naruto-1566482.jpg

Now obviously I remember this is part where Sakura gets caught by Gaara's attack, but I will give her some credit for at least trying (barely).  What also stands out about this particular portion is how it allows Gaara to remember someone that was dear to him as he attacks Sakura. 

naruto-2650.jpg

Now this always gets me it shows just how far Naruto is willing to go for Sakura after getting caught by Gaara's attack. Even to this day I consider this part somewhat pivotal for what's going to play out in the future of the story.

naruto-1566524.jpg

In terms of Sasuke, this is one moment where I truly believe that he was able to forge a bond with Naruto and Sakura throughout The Land of Waves alongside The majority of the chunin exams arc. It just shows how valuable they are to him and how he doesn't feel alone with them around in his life. 

naruto-2681.jpg

naruto-2684.jpg

naruto-2686.jpg

naruto-2685.jpg

Finally we are left off with Gaara reaching the final form of Shukaku (The true form) as Naruto prepares to use the summoning jutsu to summon Gamabunta as he vows to protect Sakura no matter what comes his way. Which again is going to lead into something big later down the road in the story alongside with these two giants getting ready to duke it out. 

#19 redrose3443

redrose3443

Minato's kidnapper >:D

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Music, chocolate, and Fanfiction.

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:41 PM

Chakra is pretty vague, besides the basic facts that everyone needs it to live and that you can use it as a weapon. I mean, was it ever explained why some people couldn't become ninja, or did he just say that some people didn't want to be ninja, so they just refused to train?

minato_by_kyutenzuken-d7bt4gj.gif

He's mine, don't touch.

#20 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:46 PM

Chakra is pretty vague, besides the basic facts that everyone needs it to live and that you can use it as a weapon. I mean, was it ever explained why some people couldn't become ninja, or did he just say that some people didn't want to be ninja, so they just refused to train?

Hmmm you know I never really gave too much thought into that.. You bring up a very good valid point redrose. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users