naruto wtf discuss

• Please log in to reply
31567 replies to this topic

#29321 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 24 October 2020 - 07:10 PM

Still in plotting phase. I'll let you guys know when I start publishing it. ^_^

Me, Derock and Bryon should make a team lol. We're all working in parallel for our stories. 

It's going to be so nice to see how we all come up with these different views hehehe.

Yo, that will be sick!  :wow:  A multiverse fanfic!

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#29322 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 07:43 PM

Yo, that will be sick!  :wow:  A multiverse fanfic!

Imagine that, lol! :D

Maybe we coooooooooooould, ya know? 

What if we do it like we did with the second NaruSaku Zine called All roads lead to you?

Basically that was the idea of the zine: no matter the Universe, Naruto and Sakura would find themselves in it. :D

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#29323 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 24 October 2020 - 08:29 PM

Imagine that, lol! :D

Maybe we coooooooooooould, ya know? 

What if we do it like we did with the second NaruSaku Zine called All roads lead to you?

Basically that was the idea of the zine: no matter the Universe, Naruto and Sakura would find themselves in it. :D

I was on your website, I read the Darkness part of the NaruSaku 3.1 thing, but can't find the Light part. Can you send me the link to that one?

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#29324 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 10:03 PM

I was on your website, I read the Darkness part of the NaruSaku 3.1 thing, but can't find the Light part. Can you send me the link to that one?

I haven't written the Light part just yet because I have been busy with plotting my AU and studying for my driver's license.

I can send it to you once I've written it, if you want. ^_^

Edited by Chatte, 24 October 2020 - 10:05 PM.

#29325 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 24 October 2020 - 10:43 PM

I haven't written the Light part just yet because I have been busy with plotting my AU and studying for my driver's license.

I can send it to you once I've written it, if you want. ^_^

alright, no problem. That would be perfect. Excited to read it. :-D

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

#29326 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 10:58 PM

alright, no problem. That would be perfect. Excited to read it. :-D

Okay then, that's settled. I'll message it to you once I have it written on my blog. ^_^

#29327 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 11:39 PM

Oh, and poor Kushina is another Uzumaki who got screwed over. Having to watch her son turn into a loser who doesn't live up to his motto, who suffers day in and day out. Minato gave Sakura-Chan his blessings, probably went back and told Kuhsina all about her, just to have Naruto end up with the weirdo.

#29328 Riverkid

Riverkid

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 12:05 AM

Which concept?

The narrative invites the audience to a character development. We are supposed to follow the protagonist as he goes from a failure to the greatest hero. A quest narrative, as is common in Shonen (best example: One Piece), is the best approach to guide this story. However, this approach quickly fades away as the story inflates. In a complex way, themes, events and contexts are conceived as essential components, which in turn do not fit into a quest narrative. The actual development of the protagonist, which in the original assumption should be the main focus, is reduced to his increase in power and his attachment to existing and new relationships. The narrative is much more concerned with dissolving the connections and events of the story (what happened at the massacre? What happened to Obito and Rin? Who is Tobi? What is the goal of Akatsuki? What is Sasuke doing next?). It is more a way to the middle of a cobweb. Each path is connected to the other and runs parallel at the same time. The closer we get to the center, the closer and more complicated the connections become. In the end we experience how everything started hundreds of years ago and finds its narrative conclusion. Do we only have a historical narrative here? By experiencing the sequence of events from the past to the present situation. It seems, however, that one cannot make a decision here. On the one hand, the focus is on the protagonist himself, where his development seems to stand out, but which is lost in order to follow the evolving Story. There is certainly a narrow degree to harmonize both aspects well with each other -  in this version however they hinder each other. Naruto is supposed to develop further, but is shifted to a stalemate where he is supposed to rescue Sasuke, since he is a relevant component for the rest of the story. There are pre-defined borders that Naruto cannot break through so that the cobweb can maintain the structure (he is stuck in that web like a fly). This leads to the characters following their path and not the other way around. The effects are unnatural actions, contradictions and completely illogical developments just to maintain the desired plot.

Edited by Riverkid, 25 October 2020 - 12:07 AM.

#29329 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 04:36 PM

Which concept?

The narrative invites the audience to a character development. We are supposed to follow the protagonist as he goes from a failure to the greatest hero. A quest narrative, as is common in Shonen (best example: One Piece), is the best approach to guide this story. However, this approach quickly fades away as the story inflates. In a complex way, themes, events and contexts are conceived as essential components, which in turn do not fit into a quest narrative. The actual development of the protagonist, which in the original assumption should be the main focus, is reduced to his increase in power and his attachment to existing and new relationships. The narrative is much more concerned with dissolving the connections and events of the story (what happened at the massacre? What happened to Obito and Rin? Who is Tobi? What is the goal of Akatsuki? What is Sasuke doing next?). It is more a way to the middle of a cobweb. Each path is connected to the other and runs parallel at the same time. The closer we get to the center, the closer and more complicated the connections become. In the end we experience how everything started hundreds of years ago and finds its narrative conclusion. Do we only have a historical narrative here? By experiencing the sequence of events from the past to the present situation. It seems, however, that one cannot make a decision here. On the one hand, the focus is on the protagonist himself, where his development seems to stand out, but which is lost in order to follow the evolving Story. There is certainly a narrow degree to harmonize both aspects well with each other -  in this version however they hinder each other. Naruto is supposed to develop further, but is shifted to a stalemate where he is supposed to rescue Sasuke, since he is a relevant component for the rest of the story. There are pre-defined borders that Naruto cannot break through so that the cobweb can maintain the structure (he is stuck in that web like a fly). This leads to the characters following their path and not the other way around. The effects are unnatural actions, contradictions and completely illogical developments just to maintain the desired plot.

Yep, I know what you mean, River. Not to mention that there's also the facts some of the growth done in the story could tend to also be contradictory to some stuff we've heard and seen too previously. Exhibit A-- the fact Kakashi was UP to allow Shikamaru, Ino, and Choji have revenge against Hidan and Kakuzu, when it was no better for Shikamaru since he only wanted it not just for Asuma's death, but also because he thought his lack of "intelligence" is why Asuma died.

How can you say it's such a bad thing for one person when Sasuke was mostly as he was about revenge for Itachi due to the anger he felt over the massacre, but using it as an excuse for his jealousy for his brother, yet you can condone it for someone who just is having more of a pity party because he couldn't predict everything and only wanted it not just for his sensei, but his pride? Hello!! Am I the only one who thought "OK, this is ri-goddamn-diculous!!"???

#29330 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 02:14 AM

so, let me get this straight.

This is "love":

naruto-5515.jpg

But somehow this isn't? :

naruto-5798.jpg

naruto-5799.jpg

How???

#29331 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 02:21 AM

This is "love":

naruto-5515.jpg

naruto-5798.jpg

naruto-5799.jpg

How???

I don't get it either... especially since Sakura is really selfless there, given how she even wanted to learn the sealing Jutsu Yamato could use to keep Kurama at bay, and how she felt she wasn't doing enough in spite of the fact

#29332 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 05:51 PM

And Karin at least had a basis for falling for Sasuke.

Well, until he left her to die after stabbing her through the chest, I suppose. Not that this mattered to Karin. : (

You know, maybe I could have appreciated this on some level if the goal was to somehow show that there was nothing that love couldn't overcome or something; that given the time and right circumstances even that could be overcome. But that wasn't even attempted. A sad apology and it was like it never happen. 

You know what, they tried this Naruto and Sasuke and it sucked. I stand by my original position:  :sick:  :down:

#29333 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 05:57 PM

Well, until he left her to die after stabbing her through the chest, I suppose. Not that this mattered to Karin. : (

You know, maybe I could have appreciated this on some level if the goal was to somehow show that there was nothing that love couldn't overcome or something; that given the time and right circumstances even that could be overcome. But that wasn't even attempted. A sad apology and it was like it never happen. 

You know what, they tried this Naruto and Sasuke and it sucked. I stand by my original position:  :sick:  :down:

I imagine with Karin that the one reason she was so quick to accept Sasuke's apology, Nate, even if it wasn't said, is she could sense he was legitimately sorry for what he did to her, considering that she's said as a sensor type, she'd be able to tell if someone is lying due to shifts and fluctuations in their chakra, as she said to Zetsu.

Not a good excuse for sure... :down: But just something that'd make sense.

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 27 October 2020 - 05:57 PM.

#29334 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 06:13 PM

I imagine with Karin that the one reason she was so quick to accept Sasuke's apology, Nate, even if it wasn't said, is she could sense he was legitimately sorry for what he did to her, considering that she's said as a sensor type, she'd be able to tell if someone is lying due to shifts and fluctuations in their chakra, as she said to Zetsu.

Not a good excuse for sure... :down: But just something that'd make sense.

The second she became a liability she was discarded (which btw, tends to undercut the argument the he really cared about her as a person as opposed to seeing her a valuable tool). It's worse than just the crappy apology. She ran back to him after that and it wasn't for revenge. She threatened him a bit, but she went back to be with him. So this impulse existed before he even apologized So did the other two after they were left to rot in jail, so it's not like they are any better.

The point of Sasuke stabbing her was to demonstrate his decent into darkness, but an "I'm sorry" a bit later and it's all water under the bridge. The point of the scene of the original scene is ruined and she looks stupid to boot.A couple of panels devoted to essentially undoing one of his more despicable acts. 

I've always found the SasuKarin defenses from NS fans to be baffling because everything bad thing that can be said about SS exists for SK, and IMO, its worse for SK. 

#29335 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 07:18 PM

The second she became a liability she was discarded (which btw, tends to undercut the argument the he really cared about her as a person as opposed to seeing her a valuable tool). It's worse than just the crappy apology. She ran back to him after that and it wasn't for revenge. She threatened him a bit, but she went back to be with him. So this impulse existed before he even apologized So did the other two after they were left to rot in jail, so it's not like they are any better.

The point of Sasuke stabbing her was to demonstrate his decent into darkness, but an "I'm sorry" a bit later and it's all water under the bridge. The point of the scene of the original scene is ruined and she looks stupid to boot.A couple of panels devoted to essentially undoing one of his more despicable acts. 

I've always found the SasuKarin defenses from NS fans to be baffling because everything bad thing that can be said about SS exists for SK, and IMO, its worse for SK. 

You're not wrong about that. But one edge SK had over SS is that SK at least showed Karin can be more mature even if she doesn't like it with how she let Sakura raise Sarada and lied about her not being the mom to Suigetsu for whatever reasons and just wanting Sasuke to be happy, something Sakura NEVER showed to want due to how she is written.

I'm not saying it's good what happened, that's for sure. It can be much worse a lot of times with SK in alot of areas for sure, don't get me wrong.

#29336 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 01:43 AM

This is "love":

naruto-5515.jpg

naruto-5798.jpg

naruto-5799.jpg

How???

Because Sakura never said I've always loved "Naruto Uzumaki!!!"

I've always said this. Hinata fanatics are strange creatures in that they understand perfectly well what slap stick rom com is in anime, I'm sure, but it doesn't apply to Sakura. that is because they see them selves as Naruto or Hinata and want an instant gratification relationship between the two of them no matter how dementedly ill matched they are or how little they show signs of a functional relationship. Again, I'll get into this later. 

Edited by Phantom_999, 31 October 2020 - 11:57 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#29337 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 01:48 AM

Because Sakura never said I;'ve always loved "Naruto Uzumaki!!!"

I've always said this. Hinata fanatics are strange creatures in that they understand what slap stick rom com is in anime I'm sure but it doesn't apply to Sakura because they see them selves as Naruto or Hinata and want an instant gratification relationship between the two of then no matter how dementedly ill matched the two are or how little they show signs of a functional relationship. Again I'll get into this later. 

Yeah, you nailed it for sure, Phantom.  :goodjob:

#29338 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 02:25 AM

Because Sakura never said I;'ve always loved "Naruto Uzumaki!!!"

I've always said this. Hinata fanatics are strange creatures in that they understand what slap stick rom com is in anime I'm sure but it doesn't apply to Sakura because they see them selves as Naruto or Hinata and want an instant gratification relationship between the two of then no matter how dementedly ill matched the two are or how little they show signs of a functional relationship. Again I'll get into this later. 

Again, look at any fanfic that nH. It always they instantly get together either because someone told Naruto Hinata liked him, or some near death experience or betrayal make him think Hinata is cute.

They don't want to chase after a someone that might reject them. They want instant partner for instant sex.

#29339 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 29 October 2020 - 06:33 AM

I think, at least in my case, Karin knew what she was getting into and was 100% okay with it. She wouldn't let Sasuke ignore her. Sakura was quick to get depressed and sulk off. Sakura knew what she was getting into but hoped it would be better. Even now she hopes it'll get better and she's not satisfied with her 'marriage'. She just puts up with it because she's, as Kishimoto put it, addicted to Sasuke like a drug. But Karin made herself a part of his life and happened to be in a good position to do so.
I'm not going to say it's a healthy relationship by any means. I can't defend that. But I can say, with the same reasons as my last post, it would be way more happy than SS. Sasuke couldn't ditch her and his kid for 12 years if he were with Karin. They'd likely travel with him and even if he didn't want them to, Karin would probably have none of that.

Kind of like how we believe Sakura would not have put up with current Naruto's behavior of never being home and refusing to be a part of the family.
That's something I've noticed. In SS/NH, Sakura and Hinata just let their 'husbands' walk all over them brutally and without complaint. NS/SK, neither Sakura or Karin would have put up with that. I feel like Karin coming back to Sasuke despite what he did is an example of that.
Those are just my thoughts. I don't think SK is worse than SS. It's the other way around because Karin never started getting sad or depressed over Sasuke's rejection of her advances, like Sakura.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#29340 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 02:04 PM

I think, at least in my case, Karin knew what she was getting into and was 100% okay with it. She wouldn't let Sasuke ignore her. Sakura was quick to get depressed and sulk off. Sakura knew what she was getting into but hoped it would be better. Even now she hopes it'll get better and she's not satisfied with her 'marriage'. She just puts up with it because she's, as Kishimoto put it, addicted to Sasuke like a drug. But Karin made herself a part of his life and happened to be in a good position to do so.
I'm not going to say it's a healthy relationship by any means. I can't defend that. But I can say, with the same reasons as my last post, it would be way more happy than SS. Sasuke couldn't ditch her and his kid for 12 years if he were with Karin. They'd likely travel with him and even if he didn't want them to, Karin would probably have none of that.

Kind of like how we believe Sakura would not have put up with current Naruto's behavior of never being home and refusing to be a part of the family.
That's something I've noticed. In SS/NH, Sakura and Hinata just let their 'husbands' walk all over them brutally and without complaint. NS/SK, neither Sakura or Karin would have put up with that. I feel like Karin coming back to Sasuke despite what he did is an example of that.
Those are just my thoughts. I don't think SK is worse than SS. It's the other way around because Karin never started getting sad or depressed over Sasuke's rejection of her advances, like Sakura.

couldn't have said it better myself.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users