62 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:49 PM

Summary Time: Resonance. OK this manga has gone on for well over two years, and it barely feels like anything of significance has happened.

The Cover page is Bolt activating that tattoo both he and Nail have. This could be neat but to me seem like it stating both those kids will quickly master those seals. Seeing as those seals are important to the plot, and you figure that it probably something Bolt should only be able to do after training, maybe the years during a time skip; it's rather boring if he just instantly learns how to do it. They...literally give the dictionary definitions of the word; power. I'm not kidding; it looks like they just got it straight from a dictionary. Great the anime moved again now it every Wednesday at the same time. That does mean its no longer after Pokemon which would have gotten it a rating boost. I guess, TV Tokyo made them change slots since they don't want bolt following after one of their biggest anime, the new Naruto Black Clover sure if it is successful, but not Boruto.

So the chapter starts off with the group gawking at Nail fighting the cyborg agent (outer) that showed up last time. I just realized that Nail turning his arm into various weapons is very common in anime if not fiction in general. So they fight Nail can stretch him limbs to form what looks like a tree trunk as well as detach himself from it even shoot knife-like projectiles from his right arm, and the cyborg can shot those chakra shots all the enemies have all been shooting this arc. The group gawks to hype up how awesome Nail is. Nail uses up so much of his power he apparently quickly runs out of breath, then after several more pages gets knocked out. Oh good it only took 11 pages for Bolt to finally decided to involve himself, though he is held back. Konohamaru says this mission has become S ranked just from watching Nail fight...I forget wasn't the wave arc just considered A rank or was that also S ranked. If the wave mission was considered A rank (also the fight with gaara was considered by kakashi to be of the same rank) are they using this to say Bolt is stronger then Naruto because his first mission that went over their heads was S ranked instead of A ranked? Also that Nail is so strong that the thought of having to fight him make it instantly an S ranked mission?

Also I had forgotten, due to the focus on that fight for the first ten pages, how much the artist can't draw his main characters.

The two Kara members comment on how stupid the agent is; my guess trying to hype up how powerful they are. The guy decides to break Nail's limbs so if he wakes up he can't fight back. Due to some tattoo bond power Bolt feels Nail's pain which actives the tattoo. Nail wakes up -with his tattoos also acting up- an obliterates one of the guy's arms with a fire move. They trying to make Nail look cool, I don't care. The tattoo on both Bolt and Nail arms starts to glow. He absorbs a chakra shot, then stabs him in the gut with his tree trunk move, and then uses the power of the tattoo to finish him off. They uses those gawkers to try hyping up how impressive Nail is again.

Due his last move being a big explosion that almost wiped out the group as well; Bolt protected them with the tattoo. The two have a stare off. Nail accuses Bolt being apart of Kara again, and threatens to kill them. What a great bond these two have I'd say it better then the bond SNS has, and will help make Boruto one of the greatest manga franchise ever to have existed, maybe even making it number one. Barbarian hair talks about how those two tattoo have resonated. You know their is one great thing about the pacing of these chapters; easy titles, they just have to pick the only line that has significance in each chapter, and make it the title. Nail overextended himself, and faints again. The two kara members sit back because of barbarian hair. He makes some speech about them learning about the terror of kara or something.

Good I'm almost done. Oh Nail has been experimented on to the point his entire body is a biological ninja weapon...or he could just have a kekki genkai?  Wait. Don't tell me. They been completely abandon except for the eye power to justify what ever nonsensical power up they are going to eventually give Bolt? Apparently his modification are on the same level as Naruto's right arm...which he got what 15 years ago by this point? They try to have a funny moment where after the sleazy inventor hype up Nail's abilities, Bolt asked if he could fix him, inventors says he can't, and Bolt & Salad act shocked. This I imagine was support to be funny...it was not. Oh then they learn that Cups is a clone which he just casually drops into the conversation; again an attempt at humor. So far in this manga the only time Cups has any importance or even does anything is when he casually drops information about his background. Isn't the main cast just great: a spoiled whiny protagonist, a girl that just a copy of another character with their flaws removed, and finally the one that exist to kiss the main character's ass and exposition dump. After more talking they take him back to the village. With the final page frame in such a way that it looks like Naruto and Nail are facing each other hinting at what we already know; Nail will kill Naruto.

This was better then most of the other Boruto chapters mainly due to the fact that the main cast were side character that exist to gawk at, and hype up Nail... it's still bland. Also they talked way too much for how little happened in the chapter though that been the case for several of these chapters.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 July 2018 - 10:24 AM.

#2 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 06:02 AM

Did it take 25 chapters for people to get bored of my summaries or this manga?

#3 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 02:03 PM

Sorry just double checked this. The anime is now on Wednesday at 19:45, it used to be on for about a month or so at Thurday 19:25. Right after pokemon. Before it was at Wednesday at 17:55. So it was pushed back two hours from its old (original) time? Is that bad or good?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 08 July 2018 - 02:09 PM.

#4 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 06:04 PM

I honestly forgot about the chapters release.

#5 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:09 PM

I honestly forgot about the chapters release.

So, is the new time slot for the anime bad or good? Since I know absolutely nothing about Japanese broadcasting.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 08 July 2018 - 07:13 PM.

#6 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:38 AM

I'm still waiting for this series to die a horrible painful death. :plots:

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#7 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:26 AM

So, is the new time slot for the anime bad or good? Since I know absolutely nothing about Japanese broadcasting.

I havent follow, so I dont know at the moment.

I should read the chapter. Seriously, I forgot about the manga.

#8 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:05 AM

Did it take 25 chapters for people to get bored of my summaries or this manga?

This Series has bored me since before chapter 1. :yes:

I just read it for $#%*s and giggles plus I still find your summaries up lifting for my soul with how much you roast the publication to its very core :zaru: :smile:

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 July 2018 - 06:05 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#9 hisaberpie

hisaberpie

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:01 PM

What i find appalling is how unoriginal the fight scenes are. All kawaki and boruto have to do is to hold out their hands and fire/absorb whatever bs powers those tattoos grant them. Thats some lazy ass writing.

Remember how amazing and tense the fight between gaara and lee was? Or the fight between pein and naruto? Even part 1 naruto vs sasuke! They all had clever fight scenes. If ikemoto and his pals are trying to make boruto and kawaki more powerful then their predecessors then theyre failing miserably. There was no emotion or heart in this fight. It didnt even feel like it was a life and death situation because you know plot armors got their back. S-rank my ass, konohamaru.

#10 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:26 PM

I'm still waiting for this series to die a horrible painful death. :plots:

Lol your not the only one I will be happy when it dies but before it does let's have Naruto get killed and then Hinata commit suicide because she can't live without her Naruto-kun. 

#11 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:04 AM

What i find appalling is how unoriginal the fight scenes are. All kawaki and boruto have to do is to hold out their hands and fire/absorb whatever bs powers those tattoos grant them. Thats some lazy ass writing.

Remember how amazing and tense the fight between gaara and lee was? Or the fight between pein and naruto? Even part 1 naruto vs sasuke! They all had clever fight scenes. If ikemoto and his pals are trying to make boruto and kawaki more powerful then their predecessors then theyre failing miserably. There was no emotion or heart in this fight. It didnt even feel like it was a life and death situation because you know plot armors got their back. S-rank my ass, konohamaru.

I imagine kishimoto isn't the one creating the fight as much as looks at what the two of them give him, and he just give it a thumbs up. Though it has been a few years since kishimoto has written a really good fight scene.

The sad part is that this was suppose to be an impressive fight. When Konohamaru is watching Nail fight he quickly tells bolt that this is now an S rank mission. Which means that he is in theory stronger or should be considered a greater threat then both Zabuza, and Gaara.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 10 July 2018 - 09:14 AM.

#12 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:16 PM

that is just one of the ways the series is just "ripping off" of its predecessor and is being completely reliant on coolness factor instead of being an imaginative and thoughtful story. Naruto WAS a thoguhtful and imaginative story, it was only the execution for some of the story elements that was lacking, then well into the war arc the writing just got lazy. THIS ABOMINATION on the other hand has none of the heart of Naruto that first captivated its readers 

Edited by Phantom_999, 10 July 2018 - 12:17 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#13 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:16 PM

This is a ninja series, right?

#14 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:49 PM

...It's ninja themed.

#15 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:12 PM

...It's ninja themed.

It is? I thought it was Discount Cyberpunk.

#16 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:14 PM

...It's ninja themed.

It is? I thought it was Discount Cyberpunk.

Yes.

#17 hisaberpie

hisaberpie

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:04 PM

They can give kawaki all the powerups they want but they will never be able to give him a personality.

#18 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:29 PM

They can give kawaki all the powerups they want but they will never be able to give him a personality.

...Does Nail have a personality yet? Distrustful? Paranoid?

OK. Going to look up if anyone hasn't a clue...Tv Tropes has nothing...ugh should not have gotten curious and read other tropes about this series...Narutopeida:

"While much is unknown about Kawaki's personality and views, he is shown to be highly aggressive and vulgar to people he dislikes or opposes. At the same time, he can remain calm and collected when questioning strangers, such as when Kawaki listened to Konohamaru Sarutobi's explanation about himself and his team. Kawaki seems to hold a deep grudge against the Kara organisation, becoming highly alert and aggressive when facing off against members of the group. Kawaki also seems to possess a dry sense of humor, seen when Kawaki made fun of Garō's disfigured jaw, which Kawaki himself caused in the past. He is also shown to be extremely ruthless, killing anyone who either opposes or angers him.

Later, Kawaki apparently came to despise shinobi as he became driven to end its era once and for all."

That still sounds reaching.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 10 July 2018 - 05:00 PM.

#19 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:41 PM

So who is this kawaki ? i'm sorry i didn't read your summary , it's already hard enough to bring myself to read a short summary and suddenly seeing wall of text summary of this farce is like trying to step on a dog s**t. Kawaki is the rich kid with glasses ? reading bail last comment seems like this kawaki brat is in the same class with boruto. And what is the reason of not showing his real name in school? what i know is nobody calling him kawaki in school right ?

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#20 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:56 PM

So who is this kawaki ? i'm sorry i didn't read your summary , it's already hard enough to bring myself to read a short summary and suddenly seeing wall of text summary of this farce is like trying to step on a dog s**t. Kawaki is the rich kid with glasses ? reading bail last comment seems like this kawaki brat is in the same class with boruto. And what is the reason of not showing his real name in school? what i know is nobody calling him kawaki in school right ?

Nail. The two tone hair guy that killed Naruto. Nail is the nickname I gave to him because I honestly can't be bothered to remember his name.

The guys you're thinking of is train boy and the repeater. They are only in the anime so far. Nail only started showing up in the manga a chapter or two ago. He is not in the anime.

It been a month or two but if you should probably check my last two summaries.

This is Nail/Kawaki:

000.jpg

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 10 July 2018 - 05:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users