• Please log in to reply
358 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

Well, first of all, hi everyone!

I guess I already introduced myself at the Ninja Academy, but this time, I wish to do more than that. I've been here for about a month now and well, I think it would be nice to start making some friends and to get to know others.

But of course, if I want to do that, I have to stop being a stranger, so I guess the best way to let people know about me is to talk a bit about myself. And thus this blog is born. happy.gif

Well, I'll go ahead and write a few details about me. I have them in my profile but it doesn't hurt to write theme again, right?

First of all, my name's Luis Angel (though I like the English version of my name better: "Louis"), and I'm from the little island known as Puerto Rico.

Hmm... if there's a character in the Naruto world who resembles me, that might be Shikamaru: A heck of a brain, a habit of laziness, a strong desire to protect those close to him, and a dream to enjoy the little things of life (like watching the clouds smile.gif ) However, I want to emulate another character's traits too, mainly Naruto's. His strong desire to never give up and to remain true to himself (and to his path of the ninja) through the series are the main traits I want to adapt into my life. And of course, the full dedication to someone I consider "special" someday. smile.gif

Hmm what else... My main hobbies are playing videogames. My specialty are RPG's, Simulation racers, some platformers and ARC system fighting games (Guilty Gear and Blazblue), reading manga and watching anime (Naruto is one of them of course biggrin.gif), and reading books every now and then.

And finally, if there's a word that could describe me, it's "weird". Yeah, not a common word to describe oneself, but that's how people describe a unique person XD. Anyway, no pride or boast of confidence here. On the opposite, I prefer to be a serene kind of guy.

Well, I'm not sure about what else to write here. My day has just begun so I guess the only thing I've done today so far has been to have breakfast, read the latest Naruto chapter and drop by here, but if something interesting happens, then I guess I'll write about it later.

If there's something else you would like to know, feel free to ask. smile.gif

#2 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:28 AM

You pronounce Angel as An-hel there right?

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#3 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:17 AM

Konan: Yeah, Luis is my first name and Angel is my middle name. As for how I would like to be called, I don't mind either Louis or Shadow.

And well, I'm not sure if my blog will be something really out of the ordinary. sweat.gif

Darth: Correct! The letter "G" in the Spanish language, when spelled before the vowel "E" or the vowel "I" is pronounced like the sound of the letter "H" in the word "Hell" (Angel = An-hel or An-Hell). I'm comfortable with either pronunciation (Spanish or English one, I mean).

Ah, before I proceed. I have to let it be known that I have a habit of apologizing for almost anything. I know I shouldn't, but due to past experiences, I've found out that my words can be hurtful even if I don't want them to, and as such, people might not tell me if they have been offended by my words (usually, because they are nice people). However, I've witnessed more than a few times that some of my friends have "accumulated" my offenses and then dropped them all at the same time, much like a cold bath.

I truly hate it when I hurt others, and thus these baths were never pleasant. As such, I would like to request in advance that if anything sounds even a bit offensive, please let me know about it and I will apologize as many times as needed.

_____

Well, today has just begun (it's almost 1am here), so I guess I could cover a bit yesterday and today's events.

To be honest, there's not much going on right now. After finishing my one year studies in Computer Informatics and Reparations, I've been on the search for a job. However, unemployment in Puerto Rico is considerably high, and as such, I have been unable to find one so far. I haven't give up, though, for I plan to go deliver a resume along with some additional papers on Friday to a company. I heard that they've recently opened a new shift and that they were replacing some people from another company with new employees of their own selection. The area covered:? IT! So hopefully, I'll be able to jump in. And considering that I speak both Spanish and English (I recently heard that only 17% of the puertorrican people know English. I'm not sure if this is accurate, but it sounds interesting), I may have a good chance.

The hard part will be to "sell myself". With no experience in interviews, I'm sure that both insecurity and nervousness might get me. I know what I'm capable of, but that doesn't mean I might be confident with it (and considering the fact that I'm a pessimist, this can make me my own worst enemy).

Well, I'm not sure how it will go, but since I still have a day left, I wanted to ask: To people who have already gone through interviews, what are some tips you have found useful? smile.gif

Another thing to mention is that, for a hobby, I usually play videogames. So today, I finished for a second time the game: Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth.

I really never get tired of the hilarious expressions and comments from the different characters. And I find some of the cases to be very amusing and interesting. Of course, for the sake of spoilers, I won't enter into details. However, I do want to leave a phrase which really caught me off guard and made me laugh for quite a while,

A word before hand: It may break children's dreams, since it makes a reference to St. Claus.

"You do realize that if Santa Claus were real, he would be the biggest unlawful trespasser in history, right?" - Miles Edgeworth

Hehehe, I better go to sleep and prepare myself mentally for a possible scolding later. sweat.gif

Night everyone!

Louis (Shadow Wolf)

Edited by Shadow Wolf, 22 March 2012 - 05:19 AM.

#4 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (Shadow Wolf @ Mar 22 2012, 06:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be honest, there's not much going on right now. After finishing my one year studies in Computer Informatics and Reparations, I've been on the search for a job. However, unemployment in Puerto Rico is considerably high, and as such, I have been unable to find one so far. I haven't give up, though, for I plan to go deliver a resume along with some additional papers on Friday to a company. I heard that they've recently opened a new shift and that they were replacing some people from another company with new employees of their own selection. The area covered:? IT! So hopefully, I'll be able to jump in. And considering that I speak both Spanish and English (I recently heard that only 17% of the puertorrican people know English. I'm not sure if this is accurate, but it sounds interesting), I may have a good chance.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Unemployment is very high here too and it's practically all I hear about. Hopefully the situation will get better.

What, only 17% speak English!? That's interesting...

#5 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (Kim @ Mar 22 2012, 04:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I know what you mean. Unemployment is very high here too and it's practically all I hear about. Hopefully the situation will get better.

What, only 17% speak English!? That's interesting...

Hehehe, I wish I could say the same. However, noticing that the economic crisis is almost worldwide... well, I just try not to get my hopes up. sweat.gif

But I'm happy with at least a job, for I prefer to have time for the most important things to me: namely, time with my family and for love. happy.gif

You could say that every 1 out of 5 puertorricans know English. But of course, I heard this on the radio, so I'm not sure if it's an official.

#6 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (Shadow Wolf @ Mar 21 2012, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For starters congrats on making a blog :3 its always nice to see members starting a blog. So then unemployment sadly is everywhere especially here in the states. It's even effected our little family over the last 5 years. John has been let go from 3 jobs and let me tell you we've hit hard times. Unemployment benefits take forever to process and both John and I hate relying on the government for help, so he was always on the look for a job. Thank goodness those times are behind us and John now has an outstanding job. Sadly being bilingual is nothing special here here since 80% of the community can speak English and Spanish, my family included. If you only speak one language you're looked upon like you have the plague, yeah its that rare lol. Anyhow I'm sure you'll find something in your field of work biggrin.gif just keep at it!

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#7 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (Konohakitten @ Mar 22 2012, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For starters congrats on making a blog :3 its always nice to see members starting a blog. So then unemployment sadly is everywhere especially here in the states. It's even effected our little family over the last 5 years. John has been let go from 3 jobs and let me tell you we've hit hard times. Unemployment benefits take forever to process and both John and I hate relying on the government for help, so he was always on the look for a job. Thank goodness those times are behind us and John now has an outstanding job. Sadly being bilingual is nothing special here here since 80% of the community can speak English and Spanish, my family included. If you only speak one language you're looked upon like you have the plague, yeah its that rare lol. Anyhow I'm sure you'll find something in your field of work biggrin.gif just keep at it!

Hehe, thanks Konohakitten! I was somewhat afraid at first, but I guess I'm glad to make one. happy.gif

And well, since in Puerto Rico the official language is Spanish, the statistics of a handful of people knowing both Spanish ad English are believable up to a certain point (In my own opinion, I could say that at least 1 of every 3 puertorricans know both Spanish and English). And yes... unemployment benefits take forever. I've seen it in my house with both my mom and my dad.

Finally, thanks for the words of encouragement. happy.gif

Well, a bit on this day:

This day was definitely not pleasant. When you suddenly have to go without having the chance to say goodbye to your loved one, any day can become kinda painful. Sure, I had the opportunity to earn some money today, but it was quite a long day, especially when you have that thought on your mind all day.

But not everything was gloomy. It was kinda funny to see our client and his father having an interesting discussion about a valve (Father: This is your house, so you can do what you want... but I recommend you to to this because it will be less troubling. Son: No, no dad, if you do that, then this will happen, you have to do this.), it was kinda funny seeing them going back and forth during 30 mins. before finally agreeing. biggrin.gif

Anyway, since I worked carrying cabinets today, I guess I got a bit tired earlier than usual, so I'm already feeling a bit sleepy. I'll probably be off soon, so take care everyone. Night!

Louis (Shadow Wolf)

#8 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

Well, here comes my first double post, hehehe. happy.gif

Well, yesterday and today have been days of pure physical work. Being a computer geek (not to the point of being a nerd, but I guess I spend a lot of time in one), physical labor is not my specialty. Hahaha, anyone can punch me in the arm right now and knock me down.

On the other hand, the efforts were rewarded in cash. And since I need to save some money if I plan to travel sometime in the future, any job helps.

Oh, and today, I decided to drop by and leave a comment on many other people's blogs. Don't be scared my friends... it's just that I've been feeling like a stranger and I guess this is my attempt to make friends. Like a quote says: Do you want to be loved? Love first! happy.gif

Well, time to hit the best and hope that I don't wake up tomorrow feeling today's toll on the job, hehehe.

Night everyone! wave.gif

Louis (Shadow Wolf)

#9 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (Shadow Wolf @ Mar 25 2012, 03:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, yesterday and today have been days of pure physical work. Being a computer geek (not to the point of being a nerd, but I guess I spend a lot of time in one), physical labor is not my specialty. Hahaha, anyone can punch me in the arm right now and knock me down.

I could totally own you in a fist fight. laugh.gif

#10 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (Kim @ Mar 25 2012, 03:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could totally own you in a fist fight. laugh.gif

Hahaha, just hearing fist fight makes my arm hurt. And considering the fact that I dislike violence, I would probably let myself be owned by you Kim. happy.gif

_________

Well, today was quite the busy day, Preparing the documents for the job application tomorrow took quite some time, and I also had to take me some 2x2 pictures, just in case. Went to Walmart... "machines are not working"... then I had to go to the next town to Walgreens (30 minutes away from each other and Walmart if 25 mins. away from home, so that makes it almost a 2 hour long trip for two pictures. laugh.gif )

And today was the day to clean the fish tank. Carrying a 40 gal fish tank is quite the task, so I required my dad's assistance to take it out and clean it. But a smile never ceases to appear in my face every time I see it clean and shiny again. Plus it's fun to use a 6"x6" net to move the 1 feet long goldfish. biggrin.gif

Well, tomorrow is the big day. I hope that I can give a good impression tomorrow. I need a job. XD

Night friends!

Louis (Shadow Wolf)

#11 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (Kim @ Mar 26 2012, 02:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good luck!

Thanks! happy.gif

Mood: Flo rida - Good Feeling

The application went great. a_dance.gif

I filled a lot of papers, took an exam (for some reason, I loved to take that exam. Probably because it reminded me of the college board and because it was fairly easy), took a really quick interview (about 4 questions only) and I was done. The only thing... there were no jobs available at the moment. But it seems I gave a good impression, so I guess all went well in the end.

I went to C.T.S. today and tomorrow I plan to go to Kelly Services. I hope everything is just as easy, hehehehe. Go me! biggrin.gif

#12 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (Shadow Wolf @ Mar 26 2012, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks! happy.gif

Mood: Flo rida - Good Feeling

The application went great. a_dance.gif

I filled a lot of papers, took an exam (for some reason, I loved to take that exam. Probably because it reminded me of the college board and because it was fairly easy), took a really quick interview (about 4 questions only) and I was done. The only thing... there were no jobs available at the moment. But it seems I gave a good impression, so I guess all went well in the end.

I went to C.T.S. today and tomorrow I plan to go to Kelly Services. I hope everything is just as easy, hehehehe. Go me! biggrin.gif

Great to see that everything went well! First impressions are everything, so even though there aren't any openings your good impressions will stay with them. Oh wow Kelly Servies, I remember going there when we needed help finding work. They usually work very fast so good luck biggrin.gif

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#13 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (Konohakitten @ Mar 26 2012, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great to see that everything went well! First impressions are everything, so even though there aren't any openings your good impressions will stay with them. Oh wow Kelly Servies, I remember going there when we needed help finding work. They usually work very fast so good luck biggrin.gif

Thanks Konohakitten.

Well, to make the story short, the application ate Kelly Services also went well. Now all that's left is to wait while finding more alternatives and call every now and then.

The rest of the day went pretty normal... except when my brother suddenly remembered that he had a project to do (which I did for him). Well, that's a bit more cash in my wallet, hehehehe.

Well, I'll see if I make a few comments and then... time to GTS. Night everyone! wave.gif

#14 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

*Stretches muscles* Well, right now is Thursday morning here in PR.

There's not much to talk about, but there are some thing I can mention:

-I got caught in a downpour yesterday as I was working with my brother in his house. It's been quite some time, so it felt kinda good... but very, very cold. Of course, I think that's when we really enjoy a nice warm shower, hehehe, happy.gif

-The agro-festival is coming this weekend. It brings back a few "painful" memories (yep, about love), but despite that, I think that it will be nice to drop by and enjoy it.

-Well, that will be all for now. Oh, and I'll post this here:

It lies within you

Sometimes, I feel weird around you
Every time I heard: “I’ve felt that way too”
A chill would run my bones…
Plus there are rumors that are making me feel worse.
“She is afraid of love.”
“She thinks you are just doing good things just to impress her.”
Is it true?
The answer lies within you.

I want the best for you.
What can I do for you?
Stop doing good things around you?
Find a cure for the fear of love?
Trust me!
I’ll do it!
But to fulfill the bond of trust…
…not only lies within me…
…it also lies within you.

If you wish to cry…
I’ll be there with a hug and a handkerchief.
If you want to scream…
I’ll have a megaphone ready.
If you prefer to jump…
I buy a springboard or a pogo stick to play
If your passion is to dream…
I’ll fill your pillow with candy and sweet dreams you will have.

But if you yearn for love…
If your interest is to love…
Then my love is all… I have to give.
The only possible option…
…to help you learn the art to love.
Love is a decision.
My decision…
to love you.
Your decision…
…lies within you.

It all comes down to this.
A tiny, but strong friendship
It will become… a newborn true love.
..Or a void of empty feelings.
My wish…
…to make you happy.
My dream…
…to be with you.
My reality…
…a secret love between a man and his words.

Whenever you read this…
…the truth will be known…
…the secret will be revealed.
If it becomes the first page of the book of the beautiful details of the reality…
… or if it turns into another file of the book of the good past memories…
… or if at least becomes a memory…
…whatever happens…
…I will assure you three things…
My friendship
My trust
and three words...
I love you!

The rest…

…lies within you.

#15 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

En un día como hoy... caminare mas despacio. happy.gif

With my feet hurting a bit, I definitely need to walk a bit slower, hahahaha.

Anyway, talking a bit about the little details, I went yesterday to the agro-festival here in my town. The festival will be held for three days and they will have many attractions. You can see different animals, you have the chance to take an "agro-tour" every two hours during the day, you can ride some machines, there are artisans selling many different and cool things, and of course, groups and artists will light up the mood wit their songs during the night.

To make is simple: It was pretty fun! I would definitely recommend people to visit the agro-festival.
The only advice: be sure to bring money if you play to buy stuff. You can find animals, plants, accesories, souvenirs, and of course, food. But don't worry, I think most of the things are worth the price. thumbsup.gif

I'll be sure to upload some pictures sometime during the week.

Well, that's all for now. Let's see if there are some chores ot do. I'm sure that if I ask, I'll find something, hahahahahahha laugh.gif

Take care everyone! Later!

Louis (Shadow Wolf)

#16 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:11 AM

Hmm... I seen to find myself right no thinking about a few things.... I'll write them here to keep them in mind for future reference:

-Am I setting the stage for the future?
I've been wondering this ever since having a good purpose to think about it. It's been two months already ever since I finished college and up until now, I haven't gotten a job yet. I wonder if I'm truly giving my best sometimes... I know that this week I went to two companies to apply for jobs, that I also went to City Hall two weeks ago and I plan to go again next week. I know that the unemployment rate is at 15% right now, but for some reason, I'm beginning to feel desperate about having at least an income. I have dreams for the future, but facing reality, without at least a source of cash flowing, I can't set anything in stone. Which leads me to my next point...

-Will I be able to provide happiness for both me and for my loved one (in the future, of course)?
I remember reading somewhere the following phrase: Will you take her out of her parent's house (where she has food, shelter, love, and is provided with everything she needs) to make her live with you just because you "love her"? Don't you think that true love is about keeping her happy, even if it means to leave her with her parents, at least until you have enough resources to set a good future with her?

I fear that, after time passes, I see myself still living with my parents. I really wouldn't like that for her.

-Are you aware that someone has it worse then you do?
And this is the question which counters the above statements. I'm sure that people have gone through worse than me. And I know that if I keep giving my best, I will be setting a bright future even if I haven't seen the results yet. I'm spreading the seeds but I'm desperate to see them grow, so this question reminds me that I must take my time spreading the seeds and watering them.

Well, I guess that's what happens when you're still awake at 1am. I better brush off these thoughts for now and get some sleep. Night everyone... and sorry for the whining, hehehe. sweat.gif

Louis (Shadow Wolf)

#17 Rainy Daze

Rainy Daze

#1 Supporter of Akise Aru

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:ALLLLLL the interests. Yeah, I'll update this later.

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:15 AM

Hi Shadow! Umuuuuguuuuuurssshhhh let's totally be frans (:

Yours is the epitome of unadulterated love. You are willing to carry out an act of justice in the name of said love, and hell you are still walking around trying to get to your beloved after your head has been chopped clean off your shoulders? You sir, are a kittening winner in my book.
Congratulations.

"...my beloved Yukiteru-kun..."

#18 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

Hi Rainy! wave.gif

Umm.... but I can't become Fran since I'm a guy.

....ah wait, you mean friends! *facepalms* Sorry for that excuse of a lame joke. Sure thing! *goes to add to friends list*

I'm not sure I'll talk often (if you notice, I barely get out of the Fun Cafe), but it's pretty nice to have new friends. happy.gif

Well, not much to say for me blog, except that I better get me some breakfast. I'm starving! XD

Later everyone!

Louis (Shadow Wolf)

#19 Rainy Daze

Rainy Daze

#1 Supporter of Akise Aru

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:ALLLLLL the interests. Yeah, I'll update this later.

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

>:D NO I DON'T WANT TO BE YOUR FRAN ANYMOAR

Haha just kidding, April Fool (:

/giggles You silly!

Edited by Rainy Daze, 01 April 2012 - 07:35 PM.

Yours is the epitome of unadulterated love. You are willing to carry out an act of justice in the name of said love, and hell you are still walking around trying to get to your beloved after your head has been chopped clean off your shoulders? You sir, are a kittening winner in my book.
Congratulations.

"...my beloved Yukiteru-kun..."

#20 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

Hahaha, nice one Rainy! You really did scare me for a moment there.

OK, so the phrase used to describe myself today is: "Estoy hecho leña." (the literal translation doesn't make sense so I don't really bother with it). That's what puertorricans usually say when they feel really worn out. Is just a summarized version of how I'm feeling today (headache, body ache, nose clogged up...). And well, this is a pretty bad time for me to be sick, since I'm helping my brother with his house and I'm earning some cash while helping him, so that means no gain today.

Despite this, I guess there are some good things to smile about today: like a beautiful day, a good breakfast, and of course, love hehehehe.

It's good to have something to smile during hard times. happy.gif

Later everyone! Time to chunk on some breakfast.

Louis (Shadow Wolf)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users