#1 Tai001

Tai001

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:27 PM

Naruto Shippuden episode 113

The Fillers are finally over, and the canon material can now at last begin. Though I personally wasn't too bothered by the filler arc, I am at least happy to see the actual story continue. Enjoy! (Or not, considering which story arc it is)

My Episode 113 thoughts --Click here to view--
I thought this episode was interesting, if a bit slow because of all of those flashbacks.

I can understand why it had so many flashbacks, as they wanted to remind fans of everything that happened so far between Sasuke and Orochimaru. But that doesn't change the fact that there are so many flashbacks.

The animation on the other hand was not too bad, though it was the highest we've seen either. But I did enjoy the animation for what it was. So over all, I give this episode a 7/10. Not bad, but would have been better had there not have been so many flashbacks.

Well, that's that. So see ya next episode. (Or not, as I have a bad habbit of not posting. tongue.gif)

Edited by Tai001, 11 June 2009 - 01:32 PM.

#2 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:03 PM

It was a ok episode. I give it a 7/10 also

#3 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:24 PM

Meh, I could have done without all the flashbacks. Some were necessary, I suppose, but the majority of them were just trying to make this episode stretch to where they wanted to end it. I felt like everything that happened could have been done in about five minutes. mellow.gif

At least the animation has risen to average, maybe a bit above, whereas its been previously far below par.

And of course, I didn't really dislike the episode, because we're (FINALLY) getting back to cannon. th_yeah.gif

P.S. Was I the only one slightly gagging when Sasuke was going off on his Uchiha superiority soapbox? I mean, "Even the best prodigy is only ordinary against the Uchiha name?" msmack.gif Cocksure little bastard, isn't he? Yet at the same time, I have to (grudgingly hm.png ) admit he looked (sort of) cool bringing down Orochimaru a couple pegs. Honestly, most of what he threw at Oro I agreed with, I just could have lived without his bragging about his hax heritage. facepalm.png
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#4 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:56 PM

P.S. Was I the only one slightly gagging when Sasuke was going off on his Uchiha superiority soapbox? I mean, "Even the best prodigy is only ordinary against the Uchiha name?"

I gagged all the way threw that little speech.

Cocksure little bastard, isn't he?

111191.gif

#5 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:29 PM

He didn't say much of anything that Kishi didn't have him say in the manga. The translation was a little different but that's to be expected I, suppose.
I noticed the animation was a bit better than it has been the last couple months, but it's still not like it was at the start of Shippuuden. The music seems to be new as well.
The conversation at the start and then later all the Sasuke flashbacks did make it seem like they were just trying to stretch this episode out as much as possibe. At first I didn't really mind, but then I was like damn, it's already half way through the episode... I wasn't expected to actually see any action! laugh.gif
I gotta agree with 7/10 just cuz of the filler within the cannon. rolleyes.gif

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#6 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:52 PM

Yay, Sasuke's back!

Wait, something about that doesn't sound right... huh.gif

Apart from the numerous flashbacks, it was a pretty good episode. I do think they were necessary, though. You have to remember, this all started more than half a decade ago. It's been a long time since the original audience, meaning the japanese viewers, have seen these moments. If we didn't have the internet and fanfiction, you think the rest of us would remember all of these little plot details? Hell no.

Sasuke going off on the Glory of Uchiha was a little annoying, but so far in canon, we actually have yet to see anyone truly match up to the God Mode Eye.
MANGA SPOILERS! --Click here to view--
Even Pain's Rinnegan couldn't truly match up to the Sharingan's full power. The ability to control bodies and gravity is somewhat lackluster compared to an eye that can burn anything and send you into an inescapable nightmare by blinking at you.

The new music tracks are pretty badass, though. I love guitar tracks. wub.gif

#7 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Jun 11 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yay, Sasuke's back!

Wait, something about that doesn't sound right... huh.gif

111189.gif
QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Jun 11 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sasuke going off on the Glory of Uchiha was a little annoying, but so far in canon, we actually have yet to see anyone truly match up to the God Mode Eye.
MANGA SPOILERS! --Click here to view--
Even Pain's Rinnegan couldn't truly match up to the Sharingan's full power. The ability to control bodies and gravity is somewhat lackluster compared to an eye that can burn anything and send you into an inescapable nightmare by blinking at you.

True it hasn't been matched yet, but still! 111193.gif Regardless of how true it is, it's never cool to go bragging and loving on yourself excessively like Sasuke did in this ep. And honestly, compared to some other characters, Sasuke really isn't that powerful.
MANGA SPOILERS --Click here to view--
Hell, Killerbee handed his Sasuke his butt on a silver plater, and that was AFTER he got the hax power up from Itachi. dry.gif

I don't dislike Sasuke's character (much), but it certainly wouldn't hurt for him to get a solid butt whooping reality check. sleep.gif *knocks on wood*

Edited by Paptala, 11 June 2009 - 11:56 PM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#8 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga and Vidya

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:57 PM

I thought this episode was pretty good.
A lot of flashbacks but other than that it was good.
I really hope there won't be anymore fillers after the last one.
Can't wait to see the next episode. happy.gif

#9 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:03 PM

Guh, I thought I'd be happy when they went back to canon material, but they litter the thing with flashbacks. It's annoying. I don't think the audience is so dumb that it needs to be reminded of the plot points from part 1. I realize it just might be them buying more time, but that's equally as bad a reason to do it.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#10 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jun 12 2009, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think the audience is so dumb that it needs to be reminded of the plot points from part 1.

The big Naruto fans will remember, but the people who watch it kind of casually might not. I'll admit the flashbacks were a little excessive, but the ep still covered over one chapter, which is okay pace I guess. In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing Suigetsu and Karin, as well as Kakashi Gaiden.

Also, I've always loved Sasuke's The Reason You Suck Speech to Orochimaru. cool.gif

#11 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:03 AM

You know, despite the sheer amount of flashbacks I actually LIKED them! They reminded us of pivotal points leading up to that chapter, and I thought was a nice transition after so many fillers. It brought feelings of nostalgia back and I have to say I agreed with the "You Suck" speech very much. Sasuke was in character; while some may hate his cockiness I think that was always a trait of his even pre-timeskip. Uchiha superiority, his egotistical speeches, it's nothing we haven't seen before. I'm happy he's back, and while I know I could potentially get sick of him (so...many...chapters) and I really find his group annoying (save for Suigetsu, but oh gosh Karin is going to have a voice) I'm looking forward to these upcoming arcs. Fight scenes are a little boring to read in the manga if it's one right after the other, but animation and actual 'BOOMS!" instead of SFX words do make it better. I don't have a rating for this episode, but overall I liked it.

#12 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:30 AM

Karin's voice, from what I hear, is Al's seiyuu from Full Metal Alchemist. I have to confirmed it first to see.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#13 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 12 2009, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Karin's voice, from what I hear, is Al's seiyuu from Full Metal Alchemist. I have to confirmed it first to see.

Her VA seems to be this lady actually. And Suigetsu's is Takashi Kondo. They seem to be confirmed, but I'm not sure from where. Some Japanese magazine I think.

#14 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Jun 13 2009, 02:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Her VA seems to be this lady actually. And Suigetsu's is Takashi Kondo. They seem to be confirmed, but I'm not sure from where. Some Japanese magazine I think.

Damn. I guess they changed Karin's seiyu since she has to do Al's voice for the new FMA series. But this seiyuu looks new, I hope she sounds good.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users