1 reply to this topic

#1 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:52 AM

Should have named the topic: How would you handle the situation above?

Example: Say you have a phobia of going on a ship tour because you have a fear of ghost ships or sea monsters. You're forced to go on the cruise in the Bermuda Triangle for reasons unknowns. While out at sea, the ship loses power and loses any hope of contacting the coast guard or some other kind of harbor patrol. The ship disappears off the radar, your cell phones and computers don't work, and you have to live without electricity for a certain time. It's dark outside, but in the distance, you see an old wooden ship with torn sails and a haul that looks to be in very bad condition through the moonlight. Your biggest ocean fear: running across a ghost ship.

How would you would you react to a situation like this? Pass out? Jump off the ship and attempt to swim to shore? Or just tell yourself it's not real over and over again?

Idea of this thread it to make some kind of fear or phobia, and see how the person below would handle it. Then he/she makes another fear or phobia. Put them in a tank of sharks? Lock them in a closet with a lot of spiders or other bugs? Make them walk through a graveyard at night?

I'll start: Forced to walk through a grave yard after watching a horror movie?

Edited by Night Hawk, 18 May 2014 - 04:20 PM.

#2 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:46 AM

What do you mean by face to face with your worst fears and phobias? What if my worst fear is being struck by lightning? Exactly how many miles away from civilization am I? Do I know which direction the nearest road is? What are the geographical features of the forest? What stage of the moon is out right now? Do I have any supplies or am I stuck with the clothes on my back? Is the weather obstructing the sky or can I see the stars clearly?

Be more specific.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users