I am SOOOOO getting this volume when it comes out! laugh.gif

Me tooo!!! biggrin.gif

#24 narusaku-hime

narusaku-hime

strawberry-hime

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Reading manga/fanfiction/twilight saga, watching anime, drawing anime, playing keyboard, singing,Taylor Lautner, poetry, chilin' with friends and putting up posts on H&amp;E, and 5 Lifetimes 1 Love (ichihime fanclub), and writing fanfics.

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (Dreamer @ Jul 30 2011, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No your not alone, i just can't dig Kishimoto's covers anymore. I personally prefer Kubo's style focussing on individual characters with a poem for each one making it feel more unique to me.

I agree with you on that, but i still like dis cover. Everyone has there own opinion but every cover is a hint of whats inside, like they say "a picture says a thousand words" happy.gif

Kubo's choice to put individuals on the cover is unique and yes i love the bleach covers but the covers on the naruto books tell me more about whats going to happen in the book. thumbsup.gif
The Fox and the Cherry Blossom,
The most unusual pair,
Yet they are perfect,
NaruSaku

The Princess and The Guardian,
He protects her,
She loves him,
IchiHime

NaruSaku and IchiHime Rox!! Luv u Kubo, luv u Kishi
http://www.fanfictio...strawberryhime3
From little miss sweet 'n' sour,
-Strawberry-Hime (narusaku-hime)

#25 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:45 AM

Huh looking at the Bijuu seal statue it really does look like it's made from Mokoton, but it was summoned by Negato originally during the battle where Yihiko died, so maybe it's just coincidence and it's meant to be earth.

I'm not sure about the cover, it's a bit too busy, a cover should highlight one moment in the volume that is pivotal in my opinion, having Kyuubi Mode Naruto, and bee off to battle, then the Eight and Nine Tails, the fist bump between A and Bee, The sealing Statue and finally Madara on a cover is too much information overload...and way to spoilerish for those who haven't read the volume before.

iAnby7W.gif

#26 Inori

Inori

The Slayer

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:35 AM

EPIC COVER <3

Edited by AnIMeGiRL, 29 August 2011 - 11:35 AM.

#27 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Aug 28 2011, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure about the cover, it's a bit too busy, a cover should highlight one moment in the volume that is pivotal in my opinion, having Kyuubi Mode Naruto, and bee off to battle, then the Eight and Nine Tails, the fist bump between A and Bee, The sealing Statue and finally Madara on a cover is too much information overload...and way to spoilerish for those who haven't read the volume before.

Agree. He's chosen to showcase some prime elements of the volume, each of which is a huge, dynamic creature. The result is a mishmash of images. The heirarchy of characters is muddled. Meaning your eye naturally wants to travels to the blank space of madara's mask, but it doesn't because your searching out Naruto. And to make him stand out from the other four character crammed around him, he's been brightly colored. But it only helps so much.

A lot of times, Kishi relies on black to create blank space in a group image: think Naruto's speech to Kushina about his friends. Sakura is set off against Hinata's black back and hair. So it creates an instant focus on the opposite lighter character, which is Sakura!

In this cover, it could have used more contrast. But everything is presented in the same colors. Darkening the three characters behind Naruto and Bee would have given the effect that the two were rising above the rest, jumping out of the page.

Anyway, it's not bad, and it does it's job of summing up what's inside. But as a standalone graphic image I think it falls short. There are several other covers that would make smashing posters, but this is not one of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users