• This topic is locked This topic is locked
166 replies to this topic

#41 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:39 PM

I do have to say one thing about why Sakura just got kicked away, if she had connected, she would have killed that poor Kumonin. Kinda defeats the storyline.

#42 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:42 PM

Hey, all I'm sayin is if she wants to really land a punch on something other than a boulder she shouldn't scream out Shannaro or whatever and give them a warning so they can kick her away before she even gets within reach.
And no, you can't say that 1 punch = TKO
Tsunade punched Orochimaru many times as hard as she could in the sannin fight right after she used her magical healing powers and the fool pretty much walked away. sleep.gif

Edited by Nee-sama, 19 June 2009 - 06:44 PM.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#43 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Jun 19 2009, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, all I'm sayin is if she wants to really land a punch on something other than a boulder she shouldn't scream out Shannaro or whatever and give them a warning so they can kick her away before she even gets within reach.
And no, you can't say that 1 punch = TKO
Tsunade punched Orochimaru many times as hard as she could in the sannin fight right after she used her magical healing powers and the fool pretty much walked away. sleep.gif

Tsunade was weakened by that point, and the Kumonins aren't Orochimaru level either. On lower level ninja's, Sakura would pretty much destroy them in one shot.

#44 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Jun 19 2009, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tsunade was weakened by that point, and the Kumonins aren't Orochimaru level either. On lower level ninja's, Sakura would pretty much destroy them in one shot.

Ok I knew you would say Tsunade was weakened lol I can't argue that,
but Tsunade and Orochimaru were on the same level (elite jonin) and I would argue that Sakura and the cloud nins are also pretty equal (chunin/jonin level).

#45 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Jun 19 2009, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok I knew you would say Tsunade was weakened lol I can't argue that,
but Tsunade and Orochimaru were on the same level (elite jonin) and I would argue that Sakura and the cloud nins are also pretty equal (chunin/jonin level).

lol

Well, I can't say Sakura is necessarily on a higher level than the Kumonin but her punches scare Kakashi. I know it's a factor of her actually connecting....

#46 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:56 PM

I personally think there is a pretty large level gap between Sakura and Naruto. And likewise, there would be a significant level gap with Omoi and Karui. Right before the end of the time skip, I always had the impression that Sakura never had the skills to be a great fighter, which is why she always wished she could improve so that she could be of help to Naruto in his quest to keep his promise to her. As a result she became a medical ninja, because of her natural talents. At least for now, I don't think her chakra and fighting abilities are anywhere near Tsunade while Naruto is about on par with or possibly greater than Jiraiya. So at this point, her not landing the punch doesn't suprise me. She his strong if she connects, but I don't think her technique is all that great. Right after the time skip, Kakashi was dodging a lot of her attacks. He too realized they were dangerous, but if he could dodge them (which he does) he'd be ok. This leads me to believe her melee skills may be a little underdeveloped.

Yes, I think Sakura needs to improve and can. But I do think there should still be a decent gap between her and Naruto. I'm not sure she will be as great a fighting ninja as Tsunade, but Kishi and always prove me wrong. I think she may be able to surpass Tsunade as a medical ninja though. I'd like to see her put that to use in helping Naruto during battle...not just after.

And I also forgot about Gaara. I wonder if Naruto will actually get to see him. If Naruto goes after Sasuke, I think the rain ninja would be better to team up with him at this point as compared to Sakura and Sai. They seem to be more skilled and possibly a better match for Sasuke's team. It may allow Naruto to go one on one with Sasuke without worrying about Sakura or Sai. Plus, it would be fun two see those guys go all out. Without the Rain team, I think Naruto's group would be at a disadvantage. Just my opinion.

#47 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:00 PM

I still to this day hold that people DRASTICALLY underestimate sakura. She is not the weakling everyone says she is nor has she ever been weak.

the simple fact of the matter is that everyone seems to forget who shes teamed with and hence who shes compared to on a regular basis.

Shes teamed with the last uchiha, and the 9 tails jinchuriki. for goodness sake anyone would look like a loser compared to those two.

Sasuke wounded Gaaraa monster who had never been hurt before. Naruto defeated Neji the prodigy of the hyuuga and the rookie of the year prior to their class.

I mean seriously if you had the skills to play proffessional basketball but were teamed with Shaq and Kobe and Lebron would you be weak? Heck no! Overshadowed quite probably considering the skill of the individuals involved but not weak.

Sakuras biggest weakness is a lack of overall confidence which shes attempted to address over the time skip and has some what succeeded in. Gaining even better skills to further enhance her game. She was allready a solid basic ninja with good solid skills and basics but nothing speical to distinguish her from her teamates except her exceptional intelligence.

look at her fight in the forest of death. she makes exceptional use of kawarimi to out manuever three sound nin.

in her fight with Ino she uses clones and chakra control to fight Ino the top Kunoichi in the class to a draw.

there is simply no way that Sakura is weak. Now she gets kicked once in the gut and sent flying and shes considered ZOMGPWNNEDZOOZZ. that fight was barely beginning she got knocked on her tuckus sure but she gets back up. she proved it in her fight against Ino and the sound nin and thats in part 1 when she was at her so called weakest.

one kick in the gut isnt going to stop her now when shes at her strongest.

Sure Id like to see even more training for her, and maybe some extra techniques to round out her game some and Im confident shell stand up before the stories over.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#48 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:13 PM

You know what kind of annoys me? Looking at other forums, and watching people wait for a Sakura/Karin right.... hoping that Sakura gets jealous, and fights with Karin over Sasuke.... /vomit

I would just SO demeaning... I hope it doesn't happen, or at least it doesn't happen for that reason. Sakura fighting Karin because she wears an Akatsuki cloak is one thing. But fighting over a boy doesn't care for them -or at least one of them- at all, how if he had no choice in the matter? No, thanks.

The thought of a bunch of fans hoping for that scenary sincerely baffles me.

Damn you Kishi, just pick a pairing and stick with it already instead of jerking us all around!

Why should he? He's keeping us interested by jerking us around.

I still to this day hold that people DRASTICALLY underestimate sakura. She is not the weakling everyone says she is nor has she ever been weak.

the simple fact of the matter is that everyone seems to forget who shes teamed with and hence who shes compared to on a regular basis.

Shes teamed with the last uchiha, and the 9 tails jinchuriki. for goodness sake anyone would look like a loser compared to those two.

Sasuke wounded Gaaraa monster who had never been hurt before. Naruto defeated Neji the prodigy of the hyuuga and the rookie of the year prior to their class.

I mean seriously if you had the skills to play proffessional basketball but were teamed with Shaq and Kobe and Lebron would you be weak? Heck no! Overshadowed quite probably considering the skill of the individuals involved but not weak.

Sakuras biggest weakness is a lack of overall confidence which shes attempted to address over the time skip and has some what succeeded in. Gaining even better skills to further enhance her game. She was allready a solid basic ninja with good solid skills and basics but nothing speical to distinguish her from her teamates except her exceptional intelligence.

look at her fight in the forest of death. she makes exceptional use of kawarimi to out manuever three sound nin.

in her fight with Ino she uses clones and chakra control to fight Ino the top Kunoichi in the class to a draw.

there is simply no way that Sakura is weak. Now she gets kicked once in the gut and sent flying and shes considered ZOMGPWNNEDZOOZZ. that fight was barely beginning she got knocked on her tuckus sure but she gets back up. she proved it in her fight against Ino and the sound nin and thats in part 1 when she was at her so called weakest.

Sure Id like to see even more training for her, and maybe some extra techniques to round out her game some and Im confident shell stand up before the stories over.

How you dare using logic, you... you... logical person! biggrin.gif

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#49 racerxdsr

racerxdsr

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:37 PM

Sakura being weak? She has grown and pretty much every chapter since the beginning of the series. From her attitude to being a ninja to identifying her own weaknesses and her wanting to become better not only for her sake but for her teamates as well. Let us not forget that she assisted with taking down Sasori who was an S-class Nin and fought with own abilities after Chiyo was hurt and low on chakra. Now we see her taking charge in crucial situations and directing others during Pein's invasion.

I agree with Catsi she is not weak and she continues to grow just like Naruto has and the end product is going to something to look foward to.

#50 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Jun 19 2009, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is what really pisses me off, When someone states that Sakura still needs to improve and need further training to reach Tsunade's level, it's all of a sudden assumed we are calling her weak? She's not weak, no one said that but from what we've seen so far she is still at High Chunin, low Jonin level, and in a one on one fight against, Kakashi, Yamato, Heck even Sai, she would most likely lose. Would Tsunade lose against any of them? No she wouldn't, She was the Hokage because she was the strongest ninja, with the possible exception of Jiraya.

We've seen both Sasuke and Naruto reach the level of Kage, (because the Sannin all achieved that level of strength) But so far Sakura we saw a drastic improvement right at the beginning of the time-skip, and that's it, So it's not really a big of a deal to want the third member of Team Seven improve just as much as her teamates and reach the same level as her comrades. You want for when they all become a team again to be on equal standing, so no one can say to her, that she's the weakest link, and holding her teammates back.

Also the reason I personally think Sakura it would be cool for her to learn Genjutsu, is because thatis Naruto's bigest weakness so, with Sakura learning to art of Genjutsu, it would make them the perfect team and something Naruto needs her for.

iAnby7W.gif

#51 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:10 PM

Something occured to me as I was writing these posts. If there's going to be a Kage meeting, shouldn't the Mizukage be there? You know, the title that Kisame called MADARA forty some chapters ago? I'm actually interested in seeing the results of that.
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#52 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Jun 19 2009, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Something occured to me as I was writing these posts. If there's going to be a Kage meeting, shouldn't the Mizukage be there? You know, the title that Kisame called MADARA forty some chapters ago? I'm actually interested in seeing the results of that.

Oh good thinking~

Harry I totally agree with what you said, but there's no need to get pissed off biggrin.gif
I don't think Sakura is weak either, I just want to see her srsly kick some tail, ya? She's kinda been more of a lover than a fighter, ya know? She can hold her own, certainly, but I think what we're pushing for here is to see her step up and fight like a man.

Like in the sora filler arc when she beat the crap out of that genjutsu lady, that was freaking awesome, I want more of that!

#53 Lazy-Genius

Lazy-Genius

Left here a learner, came back a brony

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:26 PM

Everyone seems to be ignoring Sai's epic miss on the same page that Sakura gets kicked. If Naruto hadn't been holding onto the sword, Sai probably would've gotten hit just as bad as Sakura.

I am too. It'll be interesting to see how he and Danzou react to each other or if there's no relation between them at all.

#54 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:44 AM

Awesome chapter and its about time Naruto & Sakura learn about Sasuke's whereabouts. Seriously I know Naruto isn't going to sacrifice all for the sake of one man who doesn't give two kittens about him. Also since the cloud ninjas are involve and have permission from Danzo there's really nothing that Naruto & Sakura can do, especially when they find out their master is a junchjurki.

Also doesn't Naruto want to be Hokage? Therefore shouldn't he be looking out on what's best for the village not himself. Speaking of which both of them are being very selfish since they want Sasuke but aren't thinking what he wants! Plus what will they do once Sasuke returns because nothing will ever be the same. Who knows Naruto & Sakura may figure they were better off without him.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#55 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:48 AM

I think I'm really looking forward to you know, atleast someone having some sort of bad thought about Sasuke! Don't get me wrong, I like his character to an extent, and think it has potential.....but right now, he is just doing whatever he wants, regardless of who it may hurt. Yet nobody thinks of him in a bad light for the most part.

#56 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jun 19 2009, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
!!! That's right. Aww I completely forgot. I've been curious to see how Gaara has come along since he lost his biju.

I'm getting more and more curious about this Danzo arc. It seems like Sai is a devout follower. LOL. Sai who's been shown to be pretty decent at fighting completely kicked at air this time while Naruto was able to keep up almost blow for blow. Naruto's taijutsu has improved. YAY!

Thanks for pointing that out about Sai, it's all been "Sakura's lame, blah, blah, blah" Well, she got closer to landing a hit than Sai did... And have you already forgotten about how she killed that giant centipede summon in one blow- the giant centipede that even jonin ninja were shown fleeing from. And how stunned the jonin were when Sakura killed it in one shot. Sakura has the same weakness in taijtsu Tsunade does- speed. Neither are slow by any means, but remember Omoi and Karui were trained by Kirabi, who if Karin and Juugo hadn't been there would have killed Sasuke. Sasuke was throughly thrashed, even after his "win", he had to rest and heal. Chiyo noted that Sakura was superior to Tsunade at the same age. Sakura is Jonin level. Let's look at how a female Jonin- Kurenai, faired againist Itachi- would wasn't fighting anywhere near all out. She lost fighting Itachi, even with having genjutsu ability. Sakura has shown superior fighting skills to Kurenai, and a fair number of male Jonin as well, so yeah Sakura's on Jonin level.

And as for Sakura's "eek" reaction- Omoi kicked her really hard right at her kitten- that's painful! (it also adds another example to how he's a misogynist ass that needs a woman to knock him silly, (Sakura would be a good choice) so he'll learn to stop being so disrespectful to women. He makes sexist comments about his female team mates bodies, he thinks he's such hot stuff that girls are going to fall for him and want to kill themselves, and now in a non deadly fight he kicks a female at her kitten... )

Edited by ciardha, 20 June 2009 - 01:35 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#57 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jun 19 2009, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for pointing that out about Sai, it's all been "Sakura's lame, blah, blah, blah" Well, she got closer to landing a hit than Sai did... And have you already forgotten about how she killed that giant centipede summon in one blow- the giant centipede that even jonin ninja were shown fleeing from. And how stunned the jonin were when Sakura killed it in one shot. Sakura has the same weakness in taijtsu Tsunade does- speed. Neither are slow by any means, but remember Omoi and Karui were trained by Kirabi, who if Karin and Juugo hadn't been there would have killed Sasuke. Sasuke was throughly thrashed, even after his "win", he had to rest and heal. Chiyo noted that Sakura was superior to Tsunade at the same age. Sakura is Jonin level. Let's look at how a female Jonin- Kurenai, faired againist Itachi- would wasn't fighting anywhere near all out. She lost fighting Itachi, even with having genjutsu ability. Sakura has shown superior fighting skills to Kurenai, and a fair number of male Jonin as well, so yeah Sakura's on Jonin level.

And as for Sakura's "eek" reaction- Omoi kicked her really hard right at her kitten- that's painful! (it also adds another example to how he's a misogynist ass that needs a woman to knock him silly, (Sakura would be a good choice) so he'll learn to stop being so disrespectful to women. He makes sexist comments about his female team mates bodies, he thinks he's such hot stuff that girls are going to fall for him and want to kill themselves, and now in a non deadly fight he kicks a female at her kitten... )

It was also a bad translation, might not have been "eek" at all.

#58 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:43 AM

I'm not really sure he kicked at her kitten... but people see different things right?

#59 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:50 AM

She said the famous word oft said by Japanese woman in manga キャ (kya)

I think we can all agree on lower abdomen anyway

one thing it does show is Naruto ever fast he got Sakura on one bounce lol

Edited by Verilance, 20 June 2009 - 01:58 AM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#60 EarthBorn

EarthBorn

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:&gt;Science! and the Tech stuff. <br />&gt;Music (I do the Guitar, occasional Keyboard and Lyrics writing for a school band I'm a part of)<br />&gt;Writing<br />&gt;Gaming <br />&gt;One thousand other stuff...

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:06 AM

Alright chapter. Expected reactions.

It's quite obvious that both Naruto and Sakura would be outraged at this, but I think that Danzo is justified and well within Konoha's laws to mark Sasuke as a missing nin. After all, they can't possibly argue against the fact that he attacked a fellow Konoha ninja (Naruto) just to get his way out.

I've also noticed that Kishi's definitely showing us that Killerbee isn't a normal jinchuuriki - he seems to be quite loved in the cloud village.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users