Close
Photo

Which is Better Dragon Ball Super or Dragon Ball GT?

dragon ball dragon ball z dragon ball super dragon ball gt

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Which is Better Dragon Ball Super or Dragon Ball GT? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Dragon Ball GT or Dragon Ball Super

1. Dragon Ball GT (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. Dragon Ball Super (9 votes [81.82%])

Percentage of vote: 81.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:20 AM

Given that Dragon Ball Super has ended just a few weeks ago. I am curious for you die hard Dragon Ball fans out there to ask you out of the two series post Dragon Ball Z, GT & Super which one is better in your eyes. Granted both series have a reputation of doing some really bad moments so we also talk which series had the worst moments as well. 

#2 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:25 AM

The only problem people usually have with GT is the fact that Goku turns into a kid for no reason. That and Piccolo dies forever, if I remember correctly? Super 17 was also a lackluster villain. Other than those, I can’t think of any more. Oh, and Pan being annoying as kitten.

A lot of people absolutely love SSJ4 because of the originality of the design, and I do too. It kind of goes back to a Saiyan’s roots, being monkey based and all. They also really liked Gogeta being “canon”. The animation is better than Super in most occasions.

Super lacks originality. SSG is a bootleg Kaioken except with red eyes, and SSGSS (the name alone is kind of ridiculous) is, as Frieza said, Super Saiyan with blue hair dye. The arc where Frieza came back was done in the Android Saga, Fusion Reborn, and the Super 17 Saga. It got old really quick, but throughout the TOP, he kinda grew on many fans. A lot of people don’t like Caulifa, I kind of don’t either because she’s overpowered way too quickly. Although, Hit is cool. Zeno, I don’t like. The Zamasu arc was pretty cool, although it was similar to Tree of Might with an evil Goku.

Overall, GT is a bit better than Super, although Dragon Ball and Z outrank them both by a large margin.

#3 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:53 AM

Super. Not because I think Super is better in story or power ups, it is because I HATED the plot point on how the Dragon balls were accumulating negative energy everytime they are used, then everyone blames Bulma, who in turns points fingers at Goku who just takes the accusations. Then Goku leaves everyone behind forever. Other than that, they are both equally good IMO.

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 April 2018 - 06:02 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#4 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:48 AM

I felt GT was boring. A couple of good stuff: Pan and Android 18 had some action, 17 got some relevance with the Super 17 arc. But other than that, it was disappointing to me. Super Saiyan 4 transformations was supposed to be freaking hype but it was very lackluster because it looks so different from the Z transformations for the Saiyans (transformations was all golden and hair changes but then we got the Ozaru back to human with tails). They killed off Piccolo and Goku had to be wished back to a child because of the Pilaf Gang (why?).

Somehow, I regret buying Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout for PlayStation because everyone back in the day talked about it. That game was worse than Ultimate Battle 22 and people bashed that game when it finally came out in the West (don't know how when it was at least responsive and had best music!)

Super is the better one, but I think people hate it because somehow everyone still wants to talk about power levels like we did in Z but that became moot as time passed.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#5 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:58 PM

To me, it comes down to one of two things.

Dragonball GT had a horrible plot, but the characters remained consistent. The power-ups were cool and Goku became better as a person. He was pretty bad ass at times and it was cool seeing how the future played out, albeit a little weak in some areas.

Dragonball Super has a better story, but at the same time the characters suffered....except for Vegeta who at this point probably should be the main character by now. Goku may have gotten power-ups, but they are more flashy than anything concrete. "He can destroy the universe in 3 punches" and other ridiculous so called "power-ups." Also, Goku has become not only dumber in terms of common sense, but he has been proven without a doubt that he is a bad father. Even Vegeta calls him a bad father. Goku has suffered so much in terms of character that I don't recognize him anymore and as powerful as he is, Goku just can't hack it anymore. It is not like the old days where Goku took on Freeza and won. He always needs help. He can't fight a single fight on his own and the only way he wins is if they team up on the villain or the villain gets basically "talk-no-jutsued."

Like Jiren shows how pathetic Goku has become. Vegeta wanted to fight to save his saiyan race even from another Universe and makes a vow to keep fighting for them. Jiren ask Goku what he fights for and Goku says "Just because I like fighting." How can people still see Goku as a hero when he is just such a man-child.

So take your pick.
Dragonball Gt is like M. Night Shyamalan with Twists and turns that at times don't make sense

While Dragonball Super is like Micheal Bay. Bunch of explosions, flair, and not much else.

And I hate to talk bad about DBZ because I loved it and grew with it, but ever since the end of the Cell saga...the story was just.....confusing and horrible.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 18 April 2018 - 04:58 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#6 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:47 AM

I didn't really care for GT. However super really took the Vegeta and Goku friend/rivalry/partnership dynamic and brought it up to 11.

For me the best part of Super was Vegeta. His interactions with Bulma, being a husband and a parent. He kind of stole the show in my opinion. As for Goku...well...Goku is Goku...he never settled into one place, he was always moving nonstop. One moment he was alive, then the next he was dead, then in outer space, then back on Earth, sick, then dead again, then alive, then abandoning his family to live in Uub's village, eventhough we all knew that was lame.

Edited by Azor Ahai, 21 April 2018 - 02:48 AM.

tumblr_p7wkb2FRTk1r3exqoo1_500.gif

#7 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:35 PM

Super and for me its not close. Android 17 was my favorite character and I hated Super 17. I hated SS4, didn’t like kid Goku 2.0 I do agree with James that in Super that ramped up his goofiness and he seemed a bit stupider than before. It’s really the only thing I didn’t like about Super.

#8 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:02 PM

Lol , and i want to check things in dragon ball super thread and it was dead , last comment was like 3 months ago xD. As much as i hate GT it's still a bit better storyline wise than super , super is just good graphics and good cgi fighting , everything else it's just a mess.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dragon ball, dragon ball z, dragon ball super, dragon ball gt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users