15 replies to this topic

#1 Jio Freed

Jio Freed

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:31 PM

For example: 1. SP and Kishi stick with NH no matter what and eventually starve 2. They change to NS somehow (which will practically cause the entire NH fandom to revolt) 3. They say "kitten you japanese audiences" cause of how popular NH is everywhere else 4. They create some multiverse theory
His brother atleast knew how to do NS right

[img=http://oi58.tinypic.com/11qntsj.jpg[/img]

#2 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:11 PM

Honestly I don't think they'll back off the NH. It was made for a business decision, not a creative one. And I still contend it was because Hinata was an easier sell to Japanese audiences as the lead than Sakura was. They would have crunched a lot of numbers to be certain too (popularity, merchandise, possibilities to extend the plot, the future of things like clothing and gear, etc.). 

Think about who was the target audience of a major romantic movie: Japanese girls.

Who's the target audience of that dreadful 'erotic' novel: girls.

And now we here about a live-action movie that's a musical? Again, who's the primary target audience: girls.

Whatever the plans are for the future, they are really trying to lure girls into the fandom, and changing Naruto drastically in the process. I don't think they'll ever go back to NS. I think they'll stick with NH because it gives them the most chance at money for the longest stretch of time. And I think they'll blame lagging ticket sales everywhere except where the fault lies: with themselves. And then they'll move on. 

I think the only way NS will get any recognition will be from Kishimoto, sometime in the distant future, when he admits that he had to write the ending for NH as part of his contract. And I think it's clear now that he signed away the rights to Naruto a long time ago. Because all these extra projects are part of a cohesive push to take Naruto a different direction. And it's been going on a long time. They just had to troll the fandoms to build up buzz before it was all over.

And it's crystal clear now that the end of the manga was NOT the end of Naruto. It was only the beginning of something much worse.

#3 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:44 PM

Odd, I got the impression that most fans of Hinata were male, not female.

As for the next generation characters.... yes.  I can see them having been developed to attract a different audience.  I don't think it's going to work the way they intended.  

For example, Sasuke fans who hated Sakura by extension hate Salada, even though Salada was clearly written to try to be a girl version of Sasuke.  (I've seen foaming at the mouth regarding "the vegetable spawn of the pink haired satan" pop up on a few tumblr posts.)  They'd be much more likely to read or watch a spinoff series dedicated to Sasuke the Forgiven wandering the world and kicking ass.

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

#4 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:27 PM

houseofcardsburnmp.jpg

#5 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:29 PM

Doubt they will ever undo anything. Kishimoto is going to live off of this franchise, so expect it to be like DBZ. More games and movies throughout the future.  A number of projects will be released to keep the series in the public eye so they can continue to sell merchandise.

I won't be participating in any of it, I care about the story and anything story related will probably be more attempts at showing development for NH in the past.

\

#6 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:16 PM

Just how popular has this series been in the past few years, anyway? I mean, years back I get the idea that Naruto was the thing, but from what I've seen, it hasn't been all that popular outside of it's fanbase these past several years.

I don't see anyone really being interested in this series anymore, except those who actually like the ending as is...which doesn't seem to be a majority of the fanbase? (Though, who knows...I haven't seen any actual numbers.)

Edited by questdrivencollie, 11 December 2014 - 11:18 PM.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#7 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:24 PM

This series doesn't even reach db famous level.
Kishi doesn't even include in top ten famous mangaka poll made by oricon.
While it reach 100 million sell unit, the author and manga doesn't leave good impression to the mass Japanese consumer.

#8 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:38 AM

Just how popular has this series been in the past few years, anyway? I mean, years back I get the idea that Naruto was the thing, but from what I've seen, it hasn't been all that popular outside of it's fanbase these past several years.

I don't see anyone really being interested in this series anymore, except those who actually like the ending as is...which doesn't seem to be a majority of the fanbase? (Though, who knows...I haven't seen any actual numbers.)

Really? Around where I am, almost everyone loves Naruto, or respects it. The Naruto fandom appears really... big to me actually. Even people who I'm surprised are actually into it are into it. That's how wide it seems

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#9 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:43 AM

Really? Around where I am, almost everyone loves Naruto, or respects it. The Naruto fandom appears really... big to me actually. Even people who I'm surprised are actually into it are into it. That's how wide it seems

Several of my friends are fans, and I had no idea that they were.

IDK, I was just thinking. Is the large fanbase primarily from when Naruto was at it's peak, or has it been actively gaining new fans over the years? (Besides my brother and I, seeing as we wandered into the fandom very late.) But it's really hard to say without some official numbers or polls or something.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 12 December 2014 - 12:44 AM.

~Relient K

#10 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:02 AM

Several of my friends are fans, and I had no idea that they were.

IDK, I was just thinking. Is the large fanbase primarily from when Naruto was at it's peak, or has it been actively gaining new fans over the years? (Besides my brother and I, seeing as we wandered into the fandom very late.) But it's really hard to say without some official numbers or polls or something.

It feels like it goes up and down just like any other popular show. People get really into it, then they take a break. But new people are always gonna start coming into the fandom, at all different times. Naruto still has a very big fanbase.

But like every show, it always be really popular in the beginning. Or really popular in the middle. Near the end it starts dropping though. It's kind of how it goes. But I think in the end its fanbase will stay very big and strong.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#11 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:03 AM

Ah. Well, I can't claim to know how that works anyway.

~Relient K

#12 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:33 AM

Odd, I got the impression that most fans of Hinata were male, not female.

This. Most female fans I know of like Sakura and prefer SasuSaku. Most male fans I know like Hinata and prefer NaruHina. Whenever I question the reasoning of there preferences, it always boils down to what they would do as opposed to what the actual characters would do. Male fans project themselves onto Naruto and female fans project themselves onto Sakura. Most pairing fans don't give a hoot about the dynamics of the story and look at the pairing game as a self-insert fantasy. Which is why you see legions of pairing fans satisfied with this ending despite the sheer illogic of it.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 12 December 2014 - 08:34 AM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#13 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:04 AM

This. Most female fans I know of like Sakura and prefer SasuSaku. Most male fans I know like Hinata and prefer NaruHina. Whenever I question the reasoning of there preferences, it always boils down to what they would do as opposed to what the actual characters would do. Male fans project themselves onto Naruto and female fans project themselves onto Sakura. Most pairing fans don't give a hoot about the dynamics of the story and look at the pairing game as a self-insert fantasy. Which is why you see legions of pairing fans satisfied with this ending despite the sheer illogic of it.

This ^
Most of the fans from these pairings self insert themselves, I got that impression long ago too

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#14 EmperorZeo

EmperorZeo

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:15 AM

Honestly, if it keep going down the direction set by 699, 700 and the movie, I hope it just fades into obscurity quickly.

One bright spot though. The possibility of a Naruto multi-verse is there. Maybe someday, after all of the hype has faded, Kishi or someone else can come back to fix this mess. Maybe show us alternate outcomes. They could easily retcon the events of the last few chapters out of existence and keep the story going until all of the plotholes and inconsistencies are fixed.

At times like this I wish that manga were a little more like American comics. If you don't like one universe you can just switch to another. 

#15 Paperman

Paperman

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:The four main shounen manga. Animation in general.

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:41 AM

An honest opinion? It will never truly end. Even though Naruto is technically 'over' there's going to be multiple spinoffs, video games etc. Naruto is too popular unfortunately. This would guarantee it fans who would always be willing to pour their pockets into this mess. That's the whole reason it's not going to die out, at least for the time being. Part 3 with the cheap Naruto lookalike will still have people reading it only because it is somewhat reminescent of Naruto. Who knows, though. I'm hoping that the negative reactions to the Last would one down some of the popularity but it saddens me that new generations of kids will be trapped in this nightmare. That's the whole purpose of the Last after all.

Naruto will be the new Spongebob. Never ending and nerve-grating.

Edited by Paperman, 12 December 2014 - 10:44 AM.

#16 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:08 PM

Predictions? Most fans will never even READ the new spinoff manga.

Edited by Phantom_999, 12 December 2014 - 02:09 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users