• Please log in to reply
1207 replies to this topic

#1 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:18 PM

eGZ6ZL8.jpg

From Mangafox: "Aster and Yuno were abandoned together at the same church, and have been inseparable since. As children, they promised that they would compete against each other to see who would become the next sorcerous emperor. However, as they grew up, some differences between them became plain. Yuno was a genius with magic, with amazing power and control, while Aster could not use magic at all, and tried to make up for his lack by training physically. When they received their grimoires at age 15, Yuno got a spectacular book with a four-leaf-clover (most people receive a three-leaf-clover), while Aster received nothing at all. However, when Yuno was threatened, the truth about Aster's power was revealed-- he received a five-leaf-clover grimoire, a 'black clover' book of anti-magic. Now the two friends are heading out in the world, both seeking the same goal!"

So I started this series really only because I heard people chirping that it was like Naruto, and I wanted to see what that was about. I caught up all the way, and see that the comparison between Naruto and Back Clover was really kinda superficial, it was akin to saying to two people with brown hair, "Omg you are so similar because you have brown hair!".  :fu: I think it's a good start so far, and I guess I'll keep an eye on it for now. It seems pretty entertaining. Hopefully it will turn into something decent, but I'm not entirely sure my expectations are high. 

Edited by AHK, 12 April 2015 - 05:20 PM.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#2 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:25 PM

the generic is strong in this one.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#3 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:26 PM

Have you read it?

#4 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:27 PM

Lol yeah, a bit. But don't most Shonen start out like that anyway?

EXL5X4B.png

#5 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:29 PM

Have you read it?

yeah two chapters, which is more than enough for me.

true lol.   

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#6 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:29 PM

One Piece didn't really. Just slow. But I do want to see how long it can last. You can argue that Naruto got lucky and weren't to supposed to last long because the momentum never reached Chuunin Exam level again. But yeah, we'll see.

#7 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:34 PM

yeah two chapters, which is more than enough for me.

true lol.

You should catch up just to see. There's a shanks moment in chapter 4(?) that I know you'll appreciate, I did. That was a moment where I decided I'd pay a little attention to the series lol

One Piece didn't really. Just slow. But I do want to see how long it can last. You can argue that Naruto got lucky and weren't to supposed to last long because the momentum never reached Chuunin Exam level again. But yeah, we'll see.

Fair point.

EXL5X4B.png

#8 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:35 PM

Try Hokuto no Ken  :zaru:

#9 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:36 PM

Try Hokuto no Ken  :zaru:

Lol case closed.

#10 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:37 PM

Now that I have caught up, I'm actually finding myself quite liking it. I don't have high expectations, but then again, I'll just wait and see what this manga will evolve into.

I like Noella (or whatever her name is).

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#11 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:39 PM

You should catch up just to see. There's a shanks moment in chapter 4(?) that I know you'll appreciate, I did. That was a moment where I decided I'd pay a little attention to the series lol
Fair point.

?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#12 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:43 PM

?

The moment where the leader of the black sheeps crook or whatever that guilds name is put his hand on Ashters head and encouraged his dream, I think the line was "join my guild, and become the sorcery emperor", instantly reminded me of Shanks putting his hat on Luffy's head as a kid before he left.

EXL5X4B.png

#13 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:52 PM

The moment where the leader of the black sheeps crook or whatever that guilds name is put his hand on Ashters head and encouraged his dream, I think the line was "join my guild, and become the sorcery emperor", instantly reminded me of Shanks putting his hat on Luffy's head as a kid before he left.

Oh, I see. He's a nice guy ^^ Seems like the Black Bull's squad is an assemblage of members that are looked down upon by the rest of the magic society.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#14 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:57 PM

Lol case closed.

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure  :zaru:

#15 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:58 PM

Oh, I see. He's a nice guy ^^ Seems like the Black Bull's squad is an assemblage of members that are looked down upon by the rest of the magic society.

I think so XD it's hard to tell at times though. Looks like it. Which is why I kinda like them all. Lol

Edited by AHK, 12 April 2015 - 05:58 PM.

EXL5X4B.png

#16 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:30 PM

Is this even any good?

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#17 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:34 PM

Is this even any good?

It's not bad. It's only 6 chapters in though, so it's really hard to tell at this point.

EXL5X4B.png

#18 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:35 PM

Is this even any good?

It might look like a ripoff of Naruto and Fairy Tail in the first two to three chapters or so (sorry AHK, but that was really my first impression), but now seven chapters into the series I do not think so anymore. The characters are so far quite likable, and the overall story is enjoyable.

Well, I've decided to keep an eye on this series ^_^

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#19 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 13 April 2015 - 12:17 AM

Most mangas like this get canceled at the end of the year or early next year. Hey, even Kohei's (creator of Boku No Hero Academia) first manga got canceled and it was far better than any manga that debuted in the same year.  

If it stays I'll be surprised. 

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#20 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 12:41 AM

Most mangas like this get canceled at the end of the year or early next year. Hey, even Kohei's (creator of Boku No Hero Academia) first manga got canceled and it was far better than any manga that debuted in the same year.  

If it stays I'll be surprised. 

It truly depend on popularity aka table of content ranking system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users