103 replies to this topic

#1 Nes Mikel

Nes Mikel

The Wanderer

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:00 PM

For the sake of keeping track of things, and the need of more input from readers with my current project, I decided to create a Discussion Thread so I could answer to whatever I can concerning Garden of Sanctuary, Medusa Javelin, and Empyreal Paradox. I openly welcome any forms suggestions, criticisms, and comments to better my series so I can hopefully create something I am proud of.

Garden of Sanctuary - Complete

Garden of Sanctuary - Oneshot

Medusa Javelin - Complete

Placidity - Chapter One
Moderation - Chapter Two
Sensibility - Chapter Three
Temperance - Chapter Four
Fortitude - Chapter Five
Faith - Chapter Six
Justice - Chapter Seven
Hope - Chapter Eight
Prudence - Chapter Nine
Love - Chapter Ten
Virtue - Epilogue

Empyreal Paradox - In Progress

Coalescent - Prologue
Ascendancy - Chapter One
Stentorian - Chapter Two
Efface - Chapter Three
Incognitos - Chapter Four
Novella - Chapter Five
Perforce - Chapter Six
Obduration - Chapter Seven (under construction)

Feel free to discuss, ask questions, anything! I sincerely welcome any ideas and input for my latest project Empyreal Paradox due to the need of more ideas and suggestions in order to work out the twists I originally incorporated in Medusa Javelin.

Edited by Nes Mikel, 24 March 2008 - 01:04 AM.

#2 14church

14church

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 01:52 AM

*Gasp!* No one has posted in this topic yet?!
dang and this series is awesome too!

anyway i have question for you Nes Mikel...

What exactly were you reading that made you think of Garden Of Sanctuary?
i mean...it must been helluva good to make you think of this wonderful plot.

#3 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:12 AM

Maybe he has a very creative imagination happy.gif.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#4 Nes Mikel

Nes Mikel

The Wanderer

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (14church @ Oct 30 2006, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What exactly were you reading that made you think of Garden Of Sanctuary?
i mean...it must been helluva good to make you think of this wonderful plot.

QUOTE (MagusKyros @ Oct 30 2006, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe he has a very creative imagination happy.gif.

Unfortuantly, I didn't write Garden of Sanctuary with just my imagination. I did draw a few inspirations from something. =P

Oddly, the original inspiration for Garden of Sanctuary was drawn from a Japanese Naruto and Tsunade oneshot fic (not romantic, more like a mother/son relationship) which dealt with Tsunade forced to imprison away Naruto against her will and her final days with him before they forever said goodbye. I took the imprisonment idea, incorporated the immortal concept for Naruto, allowed Naruto a visitor and letting Sakura be that visitor, and so on so forth until it eventually became the fic that is Garden of Sanctuary.

Ironically, it only took me about 5 hours to finish, which was the fastest time it took for me to write out a chapter ever (although it did take me several days to edit out the spelling/grammar errors after that). I had no idea at the time the one-shot will lead to so much praise. For that, I have all of you to thank. ^^

#5 Pepilia

Pepilia

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:01 PM

First of all I would like to thank you for writing one of the best, if not the greatest, NaruSaku epic fics out there. I have followed your story since the begining on ff.net and was blown away by its imagery, content, suspense, etc. & etc. Your writing style and use of foreshadowing and flashbacks is amazing.

Now don't be scared because of my praises because compared to all the junk stories out there your series is a jewel.
So which now brings me to my question, just how will you end this wonderful trilogy with all of these twists and turns that you have created? Well however it'll end do you plan on writing more narusaku fics?

#6 doktorvampir

doktorvampir

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:36 PM

ok, how do i say this? this is the BEST narusaku ff that i have ever read. This is, without a doubt, the top story ever made. this can even rival the actual manga( in a certain aspect). cant wait for the next chapter.

#7 Nes Mikel

Nes Mikel

The Wanderer

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (Pepilia @ Oct 31 2006, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First of all I would like to thank you for writing one of the best, if not the greatest, NaruSaku epic fics out there. I have followed your story since the begining on ff.net and was blown away by its imagery, content, suspense, etc. & etc. Your writing style and use of foreshadowing and flashbacks is amazing.

Now don't be scared because of my praises because compared to all the junk stories out there your series is a jewel.

Thank you very much for your praise, I'm really flattered. ^^

So which now brings me to my question, just how will you end this wonderful trilogy with all of these twists and turns that you have created? Well however it'll end do you plan on writing more narusaku fics?

I do have an ending planned out, but I can't exactly go on and tell people how it ends, no? That'll just spoil everything. =P

I can, however, tell you that there will be four or five different arcs within Empyreal Paradox itself. I haven't really decided if I should do the first one yet, which is the main reason that's hampering my progress with Chapter One. Of course, there will be multiple timeskips within the story, and at the very end the events that happened in the canon Naruto Storyline and the events introduced in Medusa Javelin will come to a full circle.

When I do finish this story, I will probably go back and start rewriting Tainted Demon Eyes, my other Naruto project, from scratch. I want to rewrite the whole thing since I'm quite dissatsified with the first three chapters, and I want to go back and finish it since there are many crazy ideas I came up with the project and it'll be a shame to see it go to waste.

QUOTE (doktorvampir @ Oct 31 2006, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok, how do i say this? this is the BEST narusaku ff that i have ever read. This is, without a doubt, the top story ever made. this can even rival the actual manga( in a certain aspect). cant wait for the next chapter.

Thank you for your praise! But honestly, I myself know that I still have a long ways to go before I can call myself an accomplished author. I'm still dissatisfied with several parts of my writing such as description, but either way, I'm glad to know that I can captivate people with my plot (which is probably my strongest point) and I can't tell you folks how happy I am to be showered with so much praise. I will do my best to finish the next chapter as soon as possible. ^^

#8 14church

14church

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 03:17 AM

well.....
weird how reading something can you give you so much inspiration to write an epic trilogy...

sweet! looking forward to the future of Emphyreal.

Anyway, how did writing a one-shot turn into this trilogy?
i mean......one-shots usually tend to be notoriously short........

P.S.
Yay for Tainted Demon eyes! i read it and i liked the storyline. i was kinda dissapointed when you stopped writing but then i found out about The Garden of Sanctuary Series.

#9 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 03:43 AM

Tainted Demon Eyes was a really good story, I look forward to see what crazy ideas you have made up for it smile.gif.

Also, some authors work on multiple fanfics just in case they are stuck on one. You can start TDE's right now if you are stuck right now.

#10 Nes Mikel

Nes Mikel

The Wanderer

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (14church @ Oct 31 2006, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyway, how did writing a one-shot turn into this trilogy?
i mean......one-shots usually tend to be notoriously short........

Oneshots don't have to be short. Garden of Sanctuary itself is about 9000 words, and I've seen several that goes well over 12000 words, and, in some cases, authors then expand that oneshot and turn the story into an epic. To name an example, Ender's Game, a famous Science Fiction novel/series written by Orson Scott Card, originally started off as a oneshot (if I remember correctly). It was simply the same case for Garden of Sanctuary as well.

QUOTE (MagusKyros @ Oct 31 2006, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, some authors work on multiple fanfics just in case they are stuck on one. You can start TDE's right now if you are stuck right now.

I considered this, but in addition to Empyreal Paradox I'm already working on Genocide Sunshine, a Bleach fanfic that's loosly based on the Bleach oneshot fic I wrote a few months back. With me working on two projects simultaneously, in addition to me being a freelance translator for the latest Bleach manga raws on Narutoforums, and with a real life job to boot, I unfortuantly can't find the time to work on it.

#11 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 02:29 PM

True, but if you ever get stuck on both, you can always start on that one tongue.gif.

#12 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 02:22 AM

Oh my gosh! I'm Imperial Angel on Ff.n! I reviewed this! **Sees that the Paradox arc has started** omfg.gif

**Reads** 121721.gif
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#13 Mr. Revolver

Mr. Revolver

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:A lot.

Posted 04 November 2006 - 05:03 AM

So, you've put a thread up for the Garden of Sanctuary series. Well, first of all, I say, thank you, as I have put in a review for Medusa Javelin (pen name: Gunned Down At Noon, =P). And, you're story has inspired my stories to no end (even though some of my plots don't relate to yours).

Well, all I can really say is: keep on keeping on. Can't wait for the next chapter.

- Mr. Revolver

#14 DJ Taka

DJ Taka

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:03 AM

I have read The Garden of Sanctuary series and I have to say, its excellent. happy.gif I cant wait until you get finished with the first chapter for Empyrial Paradox. ( Sorry if i spelled that wrong, im just a bit tired right now... ) I've read the Prologue about 3 times because it took me a few times of reading to get it. sweatdrop.gif
I would probably be a better person if I didnt have to deal with society hating people like me.

My DA: http://zero7923.deviantart.com/
My Gaia: http://www.gaiaonlin...mp;item=3697443

#15 Kazama-san

Kazama-san

ぉヴぇ

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 05:02 AM

i loved to read the series but it was sort of depressing how it had ended
My old name was NaruSaku999

#16 Nes Mikel

Nes Mikel

The Wanderer

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:49 AM

Update:

Barring unexpected circumstances, expect an update for Empyreal Paradox sometime this weekend. :thumbs:

#17 Aaron Nowack

Aaron Nowack

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Nes Mikel @ Nov 11 2006, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Update:

Barring unexpected circumstances, expect an update for Empyreal Paradox sometime this weekend. :thumbs:

Good to hear! smile.gif

#18 Nes Mikel

Nes Mikel

The Wanderer

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 11:54 PM

Update:

Chapter One is 'technically' complete, but reading the chapter over I noticed the chapter had been riddled with a few major errors that needed to be worked out so it'll probably take me an additional day or two so for me to edit them out.

So sorry, folks. But it'll be coming out soon, I promise. :shamefulcry0js:

#19 PeacefulPhoenix

PeacefulPhoenix

THE PANDACAPOLYPSE SHALL BE SWIFT AND FUZZY

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 02:45 AM

Damned, I was on your Profile on FF, and I click on the Discussion to get here. DAMNED!

I'm "Pleading For An Update" there, and read all your stories. I've wanted to do this for a long time since I've finnished.

: bows and chants "I'm not frikkin Worthy" :

#20 Nes Mikel

Nes Mikel

The Wanderer

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:29 AM

Hm. Well, that fix took less time than I expected.

I give you:

Ascendancy - Empyreal Paradox, Chapter One

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users