#21 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Apr 8 2012, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see. In that case, I'll probably buy both. Vesperia would be much more cheaper now so I think that would be my first choice. I'm more of a Star Ocean fan since the games are linked together and SO4 being the Origins of the game made me want it more. Thanks for the opinion man.

Are you sure Vesperia is cheap by now? at game stop pre-owned cost 39.99$ can't blame them it's an awesome game, please release the PS3 version. shamefulcry0js.gif

EDIT: WTF at wiki it says the PS3 version of Vesperia was released in Europe on September 9, 2009, that's three years ago! what's going on with releasing the game to North America?

Edited by Gravenimage, 09 April 2012 - 04:16 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#22 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

I actually remembered why I never bought the game. Because it wasn't on PS3. /epicfacepalm

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#23 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Apr 9 2012, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually remembered why I never bought the game. Because it wasn't on PS3. /epicfacepalm

It is on the PS3 it's just for some reason which I don't know they haven't released the version to NA shores.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#24 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Apr 9 2012, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you sure Vesperia is cheap by now? at game stop pre-owned cost 39.99$ can't blame them it's an awesome game, please release the PS3 version. shamefulcry0js.gif

EDIT: WTF at wiki it says the PS3 version of Vesperia was released in Europe on September 9, 2009, that's three years ago! what's going on with releasing the game to North America?

Don't beleive everything Wiki tells you Graven it was never released in Europe on the the PS3, they barely released enough copies to meet the demand for the 360. That games was going for crazy prices on Ebay foir used copies, it's now going for a much more acceptable £40+, though you can get it for half that on XBL Games on Demand service.

Reason why it's not released in the west is rumoured to be because Microsoft own exclusive rights to the game in the west. They pretty much funded the game and then got screwed over by Namco who decided to use that money to make a better version on the PS3.

Edited by harry4e, 09 April 2012 - 04:46 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#25 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Apr 9 2012, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't beleive everything Wiki tells you Graven it was never released in Europe on the the PS3, they barely released enough copies to meet the demand for the 360. That games was going for crazy prices on Ebay foir used copies, it's now going for a much more acceptable £40+, though you can get it for half that on XBL Games on Demand service.

Reason why it's not released in the west is rumoured to be because Microsoft own exclusive rights to the game in the west. They pretty much funded the game and then got screwed over by Namco who decided to use that money to make a better version on the PS3.

It goes to show you that Japanese RPG like the Tales series sell WAY better in the PS3 than 360.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#26 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

Then there's only one choice for me. Graces f.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#27 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Apr 8 2012, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought Tales of the Abyss 3DS for myself as an Easter present, and I'm already in love with it. I can't really gauge how much I like it compared to the other titles I've played, but so far it's been great. I like Luke and Tear's interactions. happy.gif

Yeah. Idiot hero with kyuudere is a pleasant twist for once tongue.gif

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Apr 8 2012, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really wish they release the PS3 version of Vesperia most importantly there's an additional character in said version some pirate girl I forgot her name. Anyway since I haven't play Vesperia but play Graces, I love Graces very much I haven't been so hooked to a game since Symphonia and I was really hooked on that game because I clear it like a million times.

As for my fav characters.

Chester, Ashe (they belong together nuff said), Sheena, Presea follow by Asbel and Sophie.

Me too. Vesperia is great I hear, And it definitely takes my interest but I don't have a 360 So I can't play it in English

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Apr 9 2012, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what I was trying to tell you. mellow.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 April 2012 - 05:11 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Apr 9 2012, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It goes to show you that Japanese RPG like the Tales series sell WAY better in the PS3 than 360.

Not really, in Japan definitely but in the west it's not as concentrated as that, it's not like the last generation where jRPG fans all brought a Playstation, it's been spread out a bit, The person who got me to play jRPG doesn't own a PS3, neither do most of my friends wh grew up on JRPG's, however the truth of the matter is in Japan the 360 is dead, it never really had a chance really, as Japan unlike the west tend to look at foreign brands like a invasion and avoid them to protect their own national brands, this has in recent years backfired on them in the games industry as the rest of the world has moved on, developers don't care to break the market, and foreign consumers of Japanese games is declining, it was one of the major leaders globally but with the exception of a few multinational brand names, most games are made for the japanese market only.

iAnby7W.gif

#29 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Apr 9 2012, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not really, in Japan definitely but in the west it's not as concentrated as that, it's not like the last generation where jRPG fans all brought a Playstation, it's been spread out a bit, The person who got me to play jRPG doesn't own a PS3, neither do most of my friends wh grew up on JRPG's, however the truth of the matter is in Japan the 360 is dead, it never really had a chance really, as Japan unlike the west tend to look at foreign brands like a invasion and avoid them to protect their own national brands, this has in recent years backfired on them in the games industry as the rest of the world has moved on, developers don't care to break the market, and foreign consumers of Japanese games is declining, it was one of the major leaders globally but with the exception of a few multinational brand names, most games are made for the japanese market only.

What I'm trying to say is that the PS3 is more designed for RPG than the 360. 360 is more focused on shooters, race games, western RPG games. The PS3 can focus on all those categories but it also specialize in JRPG because it's Sony example the FF series, Valkyria Chronicles, Eternal Sonata and the Tales series. I really hate the reason that Vesperia on the PS3 isn't going to be release because Microsoft owning the rights damn dry.gif. Of course since the PS3 version is way better they don't want their rival company to release the game.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#30 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Apr 9 2012, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What I'm trying to say is that the PS3 is more designed for RPG than the 360. 360 is more focused on shooters, race games, western RPG games. The PS3 can focus on all those categories but it also specialize in JRPG because it's Sony example the FF series, Valkyria Chronicles, Eternal Sonata and the Tales series. I really hate the reason that Vesperia on the PS3 isn't going to be release because Microsoft owning the rights damn dry.gif. Of course since the PS3 version is way better they don't want their rival company to release the game.

I don't blame Microsoft if the rumour for Vesperia not coming out in the west is true, they paid allot of money to get the game first and Namco screwed them over by giving them a incomplete game, to this day it still pisses me off. I don't see why the PS3 is more designed for RPG's, the controller is just as easy to use in a RPG game than a FPS, Racing game or any other genre, infact the only reason I play the PS3 more now is because I have a third party controller that looks like 360 controller. Just because it's made by a Japanese company doesn't mean it's automatically better designed for the genre...if anything the 360 is better suited, as it's easier to design games for, if you take out Final Fantasy, there are not really any jrpg's that push the capabilities of current gen consoles, so if the developer wants to make a game on budget the 360 would be ideal, but the lack of consoles sold in Japan make it pointless.

Btw: With the exception of Valkyria Chronicles all the other gamesou mentioned were released on the 360 as well.

iAnby7W.gif

#31 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Apr 9 2012, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course since the PS3 version is way better they don't want their rival company to release the game.

You keep on saying the PS3 version is 'way' better. How did you come by that opinion? Have you played both games on both systems? Is there an entire dungeon area in the PS3 version that's not in the Xbox? Vesperia on the Xbox was fantastic. Graphics, gameplay, and story-wise. I'm not sure how much 'better' it could be between the two systems.

#32 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Apr 9 2012, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You keep on saying the PS3 version is 'way' better. How did you come by that opinion? Have you played both games on both systems? Is there an entire dungeon area in the PS3 version that's not in the Xbox? Vesperia on the Xbox was fantastic. Graphics, gameplay, and story-wise. I'm not sure how much 'better' it could be between the two systems.

I'm sorry I'm just down that Vesperia for the PS3 isn't coming to the US. shamefulcry0js.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#33 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Apr 9 2012, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry I'm just down that Vesperia for the PS3 isn't coming to the US. shamefulcry0js.gif

*patpats* ^^;

#34 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:02 AM

I'm getting it for PS3 Regardless. biggrin.gif I also hear of a dubbing project for it. Unofficial though.

#35 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Apr 14 2012, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm getting it for PS3 Regardless. biggrin.gif I also hear of a dubbing project for it. Unofficial though.

You mean the OVA "The first strike" yeah it's coming to Blu Ray in June.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#36 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

No for the game. I'll ask my brother for details, There are groups that dub Tales games not exported from Japan. smile.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 14 November 2014 - 09:26 PM.

#37 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Apr 15 2012, 04:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No for the game. I'll ask my brother for details, There are groups that dub Tsles games not exported from Japan. smile.gif

Do you have your PS3 still on Firmware version 3.55 or lower? If not you'll have to play the PS3 version and rely on the internet for translation (Unless you can already read and understand Japanese) the project requires an exploit found in Firmware 3.55 and lower that allowers for unsigned sottware run on the PS3, which would patch Vesperia so that the menue's and subtitles are all in English. The link to the site I have two PS3's and have kept one at 3.55 for that reason alone, originally was because I was hoping i'd see some awesome homebrew software but it's been dissapointing on that end so i'm really just keeping it in the hope the project gets completed soon, been waiting for over a year already, been very quite past few months.

I just need to get hold of a copy of Vesperia, but not planning on buying until I know the project is coming to completion. However appears they will provide the full text script for those that updated their PS3 to play Graces,

Edited by harry4e, 16 April 2012 - 03:05 AM.

iAnby7W.gif

#38 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:04 AM

I think we do. Hmm I'll check. Anyways He said they are almost done. smile.gif

#39 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

Here are some news for the upcoming OVA of Tales of Vesperia the First strike with the official English dub cast. June 26 is the official release date.

http://www.talesunio...nced--2057.html

Also here's a link where people are signing a petition to localize Tales games that haven't been release outside of Japan, among them Tales of Vesperia for PS3 those who are Tales fan on this forum please sign the petition too so we can show Namco Bandai that we want the series to be brought to NA.

http://www.gopetitio...source=timeline

Edited by Gravenimage, 20 April 2012 - 02:19 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#40 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

No Radiant Mythology 2?? Anyway I signed it already.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users