Close
Photo

an alternate ending?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:31 PM

Man it's so easy to redo this entire epilogue in an palatable way, even on an shipping free ending. What I would do in the Sasuke leaves ending:

In this version both Naruto and Sakura are there with Sasuke when he is about to leave. Kakashi just about does the same speech, and before departing Naruto asks Sasuke to reconsider and stay, so they can try to be friends once again, but before he can finish Sasuke pokes Naruto in the forehead with an smile. Sasuke says that this is his choice and Naruto can honor their friendship by respecting it. Naruto accepts it and Sasuke departs. Sakura conforts Naruto saying that it's for the best and they walk away together. Mean while Taka is waiting outside of Konoha gate, and Sasuke wonders why they are there, and then they say Sasuke can't get rid of them so easily, and that in whatever journey he goes, they want to follow. Sasuke just smirks and keeps walking, saying they better keep their pace if they really want to tag along, much to the team delight, as the entire crew walks off in the sunset.

Alex, you are, like, such a genius for that!! :grin:

#42 Kurama

Kurama

Unforgettable

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Heaven & Earth.

Posted 08 November 2014 - 05:56 PM

Man it's so easy to redo this entire epilogue in an palatable way, even on an shipping free ending. What I would do in the Sasuke leaves ending:

In this version both Naruto and Sakura are there with Sasuke when he is about to leave. Kakashi just about does the same speech, and before departing Naruto asks Sasuke to reconsider and stay, so they can try to be friends once again, but before he can finish Sasuke pokes Naruto in the forehead with an smile. Sasuke says that this is his choice and Naruto can honor their friendship by respecting it. Naruto accepts it and Sasuke departs. Sakura conforts Naruto saying that it's for the best and they walk away together. Mean while Taka is waiting outside of Konoha gate, and Sasuke wonders why they are there, and then they say Sasuke can't get rid of them so easily, and that in whatever journey he goes, they want to follow. Sasuke just smirks and keeps walking, saying they better keep their pace if they really want to tag along, much to the team delight, as the entire crew walks off in the sunset.

Thanks a lot, made me feel waaaay better. Its a very well thoughtout ending, only if Kishimoto did this. This is really really really good!

#43 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:42 PM

Actually, when I saw it, it made me think of Sasuke's "Team 7 is my family" from the previous chapter.   He was acknowledging Sakura's affection for him for the first time, but recognizing it for what it really is - a sisterly love, a remnant of a childhood crush.  He doesn't hate her, but he can't love her the way she wants.

I'm okay with 699.

That's why I wanted to vomit even more in chapter 700!

I can't agree more with you both. I have an easier time accepting this whole situation since I've gotten detached towards the series for the past year, but your ideas are definitely better by comparison than what we got, even on a shipping-free note.

Cat-senpai, that's exactly what I initially thought about the forehead poke. It's disappointing to see it turn out the way it did.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#44 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:05 AM

You know when you have an idea, and start writing and the story ends up taking a life of it's own? Well mine has grown legs, and become a Frankenstien monster, I planned a small story around 3k long, I started it ended up at 6000 words and I hadn't even reached a quarter of the way through, then I hit a snag, so I restarted from beginning, oretty much scrapping everything I wrote. and what started as a way of showing how unhappy the two families are, turned into a bloodbath, I mean literally a bloodbath I somehow managed to write it so that Naruto goes bat crazy and ends up trying to destroy the world...I think I might have to scrap this story for my own sanity.

iAnby7W.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users