Close
Photo

The Official SasuKarin Thread

SasuKarin Uchiha Sasuke Karin

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

Poll: SasuKarin Poll (77 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate how much you like SasuKarin. 10 is the highest rating while 1 is the lowest.

1. 10 (12 votes [15.58%])

Percentage of vote: 15.58%

2. 9 (7 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. 8 (9 votes [11.69%])

Percentage of vote: 11.69%

4. 7 (11 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

5. 6 (6 votes [7.79%])

Percentage of vote: 7.79%

6. 5 (9 votes [11.69%])

Percentage of vote: 11.69%

7. 4 (6 votes [7.79%])

Percentage of vote: 7.79%

8. 3 (1 votes [1.30%])

Percentage of vote: 1.30%

9. 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

10. 1 (16 votes [20.78%])

Percentage of vote: 20.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

Why do you like SasuKarin?

I like their little meeting at the chunnin exams

My shipper side: I like the idea that sasuke is probably the only thing keeping karin sane while imprisoned by orochimaru

What's your favorite SasuKarin moments?

When Sasuke didnt give up on karin even though jugo ask him to escape.. and bled his eyes out trying to extinguish Amaterasu from karin..

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#62 Yami_no_Princess

Yami_no_Princess

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

It's finally here! :wow: Anyone in H&E who likes SasuKarin are welcome.

GENERAL WARNING: If you detest the pairing, it's the best not to post here and get out of here.

Rules:
Same applies to the H&E board's rules and regulations. Keep those in mind especially....
1. STRICTLY NO BASHING.
2. NO DIRECT QUOTING/LINKING FROM THE OPPOSING FANDOMS.
3. NO FAN MENTIONING.

Additional rules:

1. Latest chapters, latest episodes, and latest movies about SK must be under spoiler tag.

2. When mentioning other pairings, use spoiler tags for safety but be sure to follow the rules.

If anyone in this thread who violates the rules, just simply report them or I'll report you. I'm serious.  :wink:

Regarding to trolls:

Don't respond. All they want is attention. Just simply report them and move on.   :happy:

--------------------------

What's your favorite SasuKarin moments?

....and more.

Discuss away!  :wow:

I'm glad there's a place on here for fans of both pairings to discuss away. I love how these two couples tend to parallel each other and there really isn't a place to discuss this anywhere that isn't insulated from hate regarding one or the other pairing. 

That being said, I can't wrap my mind around why there are people posting in here who clearly hate this pairing.  :headscratch:

The purpose of this thread is discussion not debate, there is a clear difference here. 

Liking SasuKarin does not mean we're condoning murder attempts or anything like that. Some of us will even argue that Sasuke wasn't even trying to kill her when he stabbed her. There is a clear difference between when he stabs through her to get to Danzou (telling her not to move beforehand) and when he's ever so slowly prepping a chidori meant to finish her off. (Always wondered why there's a panel of him just staring at the sky, you'd think he'd be in a hurry to eliminate any possible threat to his plans) While he does later tell Sakura to kill Karin, I can't help getting the feeling that he never intended to actually let Sakura do it and was only looking for an easy way to get her to turn her back/he knew Sakura couldn't kill her/he knew Sakura would hesitate in killing her.

There are several reasons why I like this pairing. I love how comfortable they are around each other. Sasuke clearly lets his guard down around her and Karin is able to be herself around him which I find very refreshing given Sasuke's plethora of fangirls who just lose themselves in a pile of mush if he so much as graces them with his presence. She treats him as an equal and doesn't put him on a pedestal which is again quite refreshing given Naruto's probably the only other person who's treated Sasuke this way. Not only that but I love how she can berate and insult Sasuke, even call him a weakling, and he still doesn't get mad at her.

Sasuke trusts her and actually listens to her input. She knows Sasuke and accepts him for who his is. She doesn't have this idealized image of him. Her feelings for him don't make her blind to his flaws.

She compliments him well and they make a good team. He has a tendency to lose himself and get emotional where as she knows how to keep a level head and not let her emotions overwhelm her.

It's been not so subtly hinted that Sasuke and Karin have some history and I'm dying to find out what that is. They've been developed pretty well for being a part 2 addition, and I'm wondering what some of those past developments could have been. We got their first meeting during the chuunin exams and it makes me feel like we're in store for a lot more.

I guess what I like so much about this couple is that it's intriguing, there's so much about these two that we still don't know and who doesn't love a good mystery?  :P 

What's your favorite SasuKarin moment?

That's honestly a toughie since I'm in love with most of their interactions. I guess I have to say my favorite moment is from 415 when Sasuke saves Karin from the Amaterasu flames. Even without knowing what we learned in 619 about Uchiha's sharingan changing due to the grief of losing/being in danger of losing important bonds, this is still a very powerful moment between them. To me this is the moment that made me go "Oh my goodness, Sasuke actually does care about her!" Sasuke was so desperate to save her even though he knew it was impossible, he still wasn't giving up and wasn't even listening to logic anymore. He even tried to run to her but Juugo stopped him. He put his entire team at risk by trying to save her. Hachibi was flailing around at this point and at any moment they too could have been hit by a flaming tentacle. The expression he makes while screaming "Karin!" in his head is very un-Sasuke-like and raw with emotion. You can just feel his hopeless desperation in that panel. (Anime didn't do it justice) When has Sasuke ever been that unhinged about trying to save someone? 

That moment is why I say this pairing has reciprocation (albeit not in a romantic sense) and is a lot less one-sided than at first it seemed. Being a fan of Sasuke, I love anytime someone can bring out his human side and aside from Naruto and Itachi, Karin has been the only other person to get Sasuke to display some real human emotions. 

#63 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

I think Suigetsu is SK's Sai. XD

ナルサク

#64 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

Aww, a SasuKarin thread, yay!

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#65 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:33 PM

IDK.....guys...

this couple is all the reasons I don't like sasusaku......

Karin is kinda creepy...

Sasuke is nuts.

I feel kinda sad that Karin was so easy to forgive Sasuke for betraying her like that.

sure she could have still helped him with stuff (cause he did break her out)....but she should still be a little cautious of him, not get over it.

no girl would get over that.

IDK...I think she's a horrible role model for girls.

I'm not saying you shouldn't ship what you want......but I just wanna know why you guys like it?

edit (or maybe I should just read the previous posts XD)

Edited by merryGOflava, 29 January 2014 - 09:34 PM.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#66 KeikoxYusuke

KeikoxYusuke

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:46 PM

I ship The Joker and Harley Quinn so...SK doesn't seem that different, and....ok I'll just admit that I think Karin is adorable when she is showing her "dere-dere side to sasuke ^\\\\\^

Edited by KeikoxYusuke, 11 February 2014 - 04:47 PM.

narusaku_opening_12_by_toastywarrior-d5i

#67 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:42 PM

you know what.....they are both Crazy.

If Karin wants Sasuke then they can both be nutty together.

and that's how I'll see it XD.

#68 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

I gave it a 5/10

Karin does seem to love Sasuke that goes beyond lustful intentions and I'm ok with her being a perv

but the only problem is....her obsession I mean she was planning on molesting him in his sleep while he was still healing from his fight with Deidara

If they do get together that's fine, lets just hope she doesn't try to skin and stuff him so that she can be with him forever or some other creepy kitten.

I have to say though I do love the NaruSaku parallel at the end of chapter 662

eh10ut.jpg

#69 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

I gave it a 5/10

Karin does seem to love Sasuke that goes beyond lustful intentions and I'm ok with her being a perv

but the only problem is....her obsession I mean she was planning on molesting him in his sleep while he was still healing from his fight with Deidara

If they do get together that's fine, lets just hope she doesn't try to skin and stuff him so that she can be with him forever or some other creepy kitten.

I have to say though I do love the NaruSaku parallel at the end of chapter 662

I don't get it.

Never mind that it was just a nasty mistranslation.. If you truly suspect that Karin was planning on molesting him, why would you even consider them a possibility?. Do you know how serious rape is?

ナルサク

#70 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:35 PM

I don't get it.

Never mind that it was just a nasty mistranslation.. If you truly suspect that Karin was planning on molesting him, why would you even consider them a possibility?. Do you know how serious rape is?

...I'm just saying aside from that, she seems to actually care for him. I can ignore that one moment that  was a bazillion chapters ago simply because it was minor, and played for laughs. I don't think she was gonna rape him but she was planning on doing stuff to him

then again in Dragonball Oolong planned on doing the same thing to Bulma at the beginning of the series.

eh10ut.jpg

#71 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

...I'm just saying aside from that, she seems to actually care for him. I can ignore that one moment that  was a bazillion chapters ago simply because it was minor, and played for laughs. I don't think she was gonna rape him but she was planning on doing stuff to him

then again in Dragonball Oolong planned on doing the same thing to Bulma at the beginning of the series.

Actually, that was her just enjoying the fact that she's gonna be alone with Sasuke because Juugo nor Suigetsu were around...

#72 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:12 PM

Actually, that was her just enjoying the fact that she's gonna be alone with Sasuke because Juugo nor Suigetsu were around...

I think your missing the point of my post....I'm fine if she did mean to do stuff to him, but if it turns out she didn't well all the better.

eh10ut.jpg

#73 Kanae

Kanae

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

A SasuKarin thread! It's great to be able to talk about them and NaruSaku openly  :boogie:

The recent chapters reminded me of something I wrote a while ago and never got the chance to share and discuss outside of my tumblr and lj because it'd have been off-topic in the SasuKarin FC and in the NaruSaku FC haha.

My original tumblr post is here: http://skania.tumblr...st/56109982842/

IMO Kishi had already more or less paralleled NaruSaku and SasuKarin before this, but from the boys' ends. I can't help but to find a lot of similarities, authorial intent wise, between Naruto saving Sakura from Gaara and Sasuke saving Karin from Killerbee.

The main ones are:

1. The fact that Kishi makes sure that Naruto’s and Sasuke’s efforts to save Sakura and Karin respectively are a “one man’s battle” kind of thing

explanation + pictures

2. In both cases you can see how Kishi gives a fair amount of focus to Naruto’s and Sasuke’s reactions to Sakura and Karin being in danger. More importantly: they are over and over the only ones to react to it.

explanation + pictures

From a thematic standpoint, this is probably the most important and meaningful resemblance between the two:

3. Naruto’s and Sasuke’s drive to save Sakura and Karin respectively are so strong, that Kishi uses them as catalyst to have the boys ‘power-up’.

explanation + pictures

Lastly! In my opinion: 

4. Due to the aforementioned reason, both events happen to be perfect examples of the following lesson:

explanation + pictures

Now that he has gone and paralleled them so explicitly, I can't help but to think these similarities were pretty deliberate, too  :P

Edited by Kanae, 25 April 2014 - 08:42 PM.

#74 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

Oh man, I can't wait to read more. Doing that once I get home.

#75 Kanae

Kanae

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

^ I'm so glad you dropped by! I just browsed the thread and I've been meaning to thank you for your kind comments regarding the SasuKarin isn't SasuSaku "Redux" essay I wrote. Thank you so much!

tumblr_inline_n4ab8v4KLc1qhmcv4.gif

Same goes to sushi., catsi, Tsubaki and Serenity Namikaze. God knows that both that and the manifesto were long as heck, so thank you for putting up with both!  :lol:

#76 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

Kanaeee!! Dear, wonderful read as always! <3

#77 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:32 PM

I need to reread your post Kanae

#78 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:42 PM

I wonder if there will be a SasuKarin kid by the end.

Problem is Sasuke has an asexual personality with women (though with Karin its different)

We know that from where the story is headed Sasuke will live by the end and that he will return to the village and so will Karin (as it is implied when she mentions how every Konoha ninja has a "warm feeling" chakra despite being....well interrogated) whereas Suigetsu will be off collecting swords and Jugo will...err I don't know what he plans on doing I mean he didn't really seem to care about helping Sasuke after he got left for dead in the Kage Summit arc (though he had no objections to going back to help him) so its likely Sasuke and Karin are the only members of Taka that are returning to Konoha which I think is a minor hint

for me its about 50/50 chance

Its likely because
-NaruSaku is close to being canon and SasuKarin is parallel to them
-Kishi practically confirmed Shinachiku will be a character atleast by the end and we'll likely have a rival frienemy
-I can't help but get the feeling Kishi is gonna end this with the Harry Potter and Draco ending (dropping their kids off at school and what not)
-Sakura and Karin has had some form of interaction with each other already
-Sasuke has been nicer and more kind to Karin since her debut then he has ever shown to be with Sakura (and that includes the infamous "trying to raise her confidence" scene at the beginning of the chunnin exams or the hug or the hand holding)

Its also unlikely because
-Sasuke is one of the most romantically uninterested fictional characters I've ever seen
-Sasuke switches sides so many times, that the mf is a wildcard even if Kishi does make him a good guy by the end there's always going to be that feeling that he could turn bad again (he was basically 100% a good guy before Itachi reappeared in the village)
-Sasuke stabbed Karin, and Karin is fine with that because he's a sweet talker with that minor apology, I'm fine with this being an unhealthy relationship (since it all the more feels like a darker version of NS) but do you think that this will affect their kid at all? Do you think he'll be atleast slightly disturbed knowing that at one point his father stabbed his mother and nearly finished her off simply because she just happened to be in the crossfire? I get that he was evil at the time but...I mean...jesus, I don't care if its OOC for Sauce or not I demand he atleast look like he did more than what he did was a minor inconvenience

eh10ut.jpg

#79 AzureWaters

AzureWaters

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:58 PM

I'm fine with this being an unhealthy relationship (since it all the more feels like a darker version of NS)

=/

#80 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:00 PM

ooh we can vote now?

I voted 1/10

Sasuke shouldn't be trusted with anyone.

and Karin shouldn't trust Sasuke.

it's an unhealthy relationship.

Edited by merryGOflava, 25 April 2014 - 11:00 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SasuKarin, Uchiha Sasuke, Karin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users