• This topic is locked This topic is locked
426 replies to this topic

#21 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Dec 1 2011, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
His words tugged at her heartstrings. Immediately she thought about her brother and sister, of their thin faces and grumbling stomachs. They could survive, just barely, on Kale’s meager wages in the mines, but they deserved more than that. That’s why she was here. Now the weariness in Zerva’s eyes made sense. She couldn’t imagine losing Kale or Thea.

What would she have done in Zerva’s place? Twill found she couldn’t imagine it.

She watched him tuck his hat down, embarrassed. It had probably taken a lot for him to be open with her.

“Let’s split it,” she said suddenly, her voice confident. “50-50. Two is better than one on a job, isn’t it? The reward is more than enough, and I wouldn’t feel right if we worked together and you got nothing.”

Looking back up at her a little stunned that she agreed to his help. He didnt want to look greedy in front of her she was offering money.

"Now, Ma'am I don't want to be takin your money. But if it's fine with you i'll take you up on the offer. Thanks by the way, you're the first one to act this kind towards me since I arrived in this here town."

Zerva turned to Balian, "Boss I need to take a few days off is that okay with you?" Asked Zerva.

Edited by Fyuria'sLeo, 02 December 2011 - 12:23 AM.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#22 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Dec 1 2011, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking back up at her a little stunned that she agreed. He didnt want to look greedy in front of her she was offering money.

"Now, Ma'am I don't want to be takin your money. But if it's fine with you i'll take you up on the offer."

Zerva turned to Balian, "Boss I need to take a few days off is that okay with you?" Asked Zerva.

"Hrm..." He scratched his chin again as he looked at Zerva and looked at the coin purse. Addressing the noble, "Why don't you..." He pushed the purse towards Zerva and the girl, "...take the kids with ya?" He had heard the the conversation between the two. "They both need the job." He shrugged, "I'm feeling content with my tavern here."

#23 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. &gt;:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:36 AM

He looks at the two kids and then back at the barkeep. "Yeah, Ok. But What about you?"

"You look like you can handle yourself. And where we're going you can set yourself up a new bar..no problem!"

The rich noble gulped down the last of his drink.

"Is there nothing I can do to get you to come along?"

#24 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:49 AM

Zerva turned to Twill after being pushed towards the Noble.

"Ah, Twill this is all up to you i'm your body guard i'll follow you wherever you have to go."

Giving her a small smile.

#25 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (ForgottenBushido @ Dec 1 2011, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He looks at the two kids and then back at the barkeep. "Yeah, Ok. But What about you?"

"You look like you can handle yourself. And where we're going you can set yourself up a new bar..no problem!"

The rich noble gulped down the last of his drink.

"Is there nothing I can do to get you to come along?"

Balian scratched his chin for what seemed to be the millionth time in a day. "You really want me with ya, huh? And for what reason? I'm just a regular ol' barkeeper earning his keep." He stared at the noble, arms crossed.

#26 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. &gt;:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:55 AM

"I have an eye for people..and I happen to know a little about you."

He smiles and looks him in the eyes. "You have...Grit."

#27 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:05 AM

Balian's eyes widened slightly. While it was known that he fought in wars past, the things he did as a Dragoon would probably make him an outcast, hated even. He glared at the man's smug smile. He leaned close to the man, whispering so no one can hear, "You got a lotta guts kid, you tell no one about 'what you know' and I'll join you for however long you want." He moved back and began climbing the stairs to his bedroom, "I'm packin'. Zerva, pack your crap, we're joinin' this guy. Ragnarok, you too. I'm getting my brother to handle this place."

Opening the door to his room, he took out his well-worn travelling bag and started stuffing clothes and supplies. He turned to the lance in the rack above his bed, reluctantly grabbing hold of it. "Gorram it.... Another group of kids, marching to their deaths... Damn it."

#28 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:10 AM

Twill’s eyes flickered to the coin bag laid on the counter. How much could be in there? It sounded fairly heavy. The bearded man said something about a job just as they had arrived at the counter, but beyond that they knew nothing.

Turning, she looked the other man over. He seemed rich, very rich, and he didn’t seem afraid to show it. The man was trying to persuade the bartender to join him, it seemed, though the bearded man seemed doubtful. She waited silently, watching, and finally the man accepted and left the room seeming somewhat agitated.

Stealing a glance at Zerva, she decided to speak up and neared the rich man. “You have a job?”

#29 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:10 AM

The noble grinned from ear to ear and did a bit of a victory dance...*ahem* He looked around seeing those watching him, he stood upright, and fixed his necktie and collar.

"Fine, Fine...yes...I uh...shall wait here for you all to get ready...yes!" he said as he then cleared his throat, trying not to look so foolish.

He looked at the young girl.."Twill was it? Yes, I do. I shall explain, momentarily."

Edited by ForgottenBushido, 02 December 2011 - 01:17 AM.

#30 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:18 AM

Skadi placed on slender hand on the noble's shoulder. "Y'know, kid," She murmurs, moving around to stand a foot or two away, "Blackmail techniques lose their effect if you're seen doing a dorky dance afterwards."

She paused, hopped into a barstool and pulled out a stopwatch. It was silver, very intricate. "Seems I'm a bit late!"

#31 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:20 AM

"Skadi! About time you made it." He said.

"You know, I'm three years--Hey! That's my pocket watch! Give that back." he said as he held out his hand.

#32 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:26 AM

The thief laughs, snapping the pocket watch closed, dangling it in front of him for a bit before dropping it in his hand. "Not my fault you just carry it with you, all open and unguarded. That would sell for a pretty penny!"

She glances at the girl he'd been speaking with and then back at him. "Sorry for interrupting, kid." She grins. "Go on, recruit more people."

#33 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:27 AM

Taking his hat off Zerva also took a seat to wait for his next order.

As he took his hat off his pointed ears perked up, he looked over at the new girl who appeared.

"This is going to be a long journey..." Zerva said aloud.

Edited by Fyuria'sLeo, 02 December 2011 - 01:44 AM.

#34 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:39 AM

Putting the lance aside for now, he reached under his bed and pulled out a case and opened it, inside was a set of steel armor.
"Hrm...never thought I'd wear this thing again."

It was a dark, forest green color. On the right side, a dragon's face adorned the shoulder plate, mouth opened in a roar. On the left was an ordinary steel spaulder. The chest piece had a black etching of a dragon and there was a fur band around the waist section. He ran a hand through the armor, momentarily stopping at a dent pointing inward where the ribs would've been, causing his other hand to rub his old wound, feeling some phantom pain before put the chest piece back in the case and took out the gauntlets.

He put them on, experimenting with a few hops and a kick before he was satisfied. Putting them back in its case, he rubbed the back of his neck, "Now...what else do I need?" He murmured.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 02 December 2011 - 01:40 AM.

#35 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:41 AM

"It's Twill," she tells the woman.

She feels somewhat agitated, but she shakes it off. They don't know her, she is young, of course she is nothing but some kid. She might be young in comparison, but she hasn't been allowed to be a child for a long time.

I just need to hang around to hear this job out. After that, I can do what I want.

Slipping her hand in her cloak, she felt the smooth stone kept hidden in her pocket. Rubbing her thumb over it calmed her, and she felt her worry disappear.

#36 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:49 AM

He snatched the pocket watch away and put it back inside his jacket.

"I apologize, I have not yet introduced myself. I am Julien Émile Gaston the 3rd." he said with pride, and took a bow.

"I am an elite inquisitor of the Kings court and I have the rank to go and come as I please, wherever my business takes me...

And with your help I shall take my business elsewhere."

Edited by ForgottenBushido, 02 December 2011 - 01:53 AM.

#37 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:59 AM

Balian nodded to himself and walked out of his room, he was almost to the bottom of the stairs when he heard,

"...elite inquisitor of the Kings court and I have the rank to go and come as I please, wherever my business takes me..."

Balian widened his eyes. "One of the King's inquisitors?" He thought to himself, "I may be in over my head...." He stopped to compose himself, he heard...stories about the inquisitors and what they did. Not all of them pleasant. He gripped his lance tightly and breathed in and out before stepping out in the open.

#38 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:02 AM

“And what business is that, exactly?” Twill asks with a frown. If he works for the Crown, then why is he in some bar seeking volunteers? Wouldn’t there have been soldiers enough to send on his accord otherwise?

Things aren’t adding up, and she feels fear creep up on her. Somehow, this almost feels…treasonous.

#39 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:06 AM

Zerva looked over to his new friend, standing up he put a hand on her shoulder.

"Everything's going to be fine, I used to work for people like him there all different just focus and keep with me." He said whispering to Twill.

His ears twitched when he heard his boss coming down the stairs.

Edited by Fyuria'sLeo, 02 December 2011 - 02:08 AM.

#40 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:16 AM

He grinned seeing that he'd gotten everyone's undivided attention.

"We're going to steal an airship, and sail into the skies. I understand the situation up there is "better"..not to mention plenty of treasure to plunder."

Julien points at Skadi. "Skadi here has verified the location of a certain sky pirates airship. However, it happens to be below the local Lord's castle."

"I can get us inside the gates under the pretense of bringing in you all as my prisoners. Once we get inside the prison there is a door to an underground passage that leads to the dock where the ship is located."

"But there is a small problem, the ship is old, and It may not function properly. ...And despite my rank, I am not allowed to "steal" outlawed technology. Heh."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users