84 replies to this topic

#21 blindeye

blindeye

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:29 AM

But we do care. Only manga (the little comic book) can be considered true cannon. Anything extra in anime is just that, extra. It may be nice or whatever but it is not part of the true storyline.
Youre right, all of it is Naruto. But when the anime adds, or removes, stuff which causes it to differ from the manga one has to choose. You can choose the anime if you want, but the manga is the only true Naruto, strait from Kishi.

#22 Silent Shinobi

Silent Shinobi

Tatsumaru of the Cloud

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (One-Shot @ Jun 18 2007, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
to tell u guys the truth i dont care if its the anime or the manga, i actually prefer the anime better, so what if its not drawn into a little 'comic book' or whatever, its all still naruto

It's important simply because the manga is what creates the story of Naruto, not the anime. The creator of Naruto has little to do with he scenes in the anime that aren't in his manga. So for story purposes, the extra scenes in the anime may as well not exist, as the manga has not only passed that point, but is continuing the story regardless of what happens in the anime.

Hope that helps clear things up.

#23 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (One-Shot @ Jun 18 2007, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
to tell u guys the truth i dont care if its the anime or the manga, i actually prefer the anime better, so what if its not drawn into a little 'comic book' or whatever, its all still naruto

Prefer the anime to the manga.... So I suppose you haven't seen the 50 or more filler episodes of crap.
I mean I tried to do the filler episodes but i had to stop when the Ramen guy got his own episode. I just contended with the Manga and watching a little bit of the new series. But honestly I just read the Manga, because its the only way you'll get the actual storyline and not just added nothing.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#24 One-Shot

One-Shot

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:17 PM

if it weren't for anime i wouldn't have even known Naruto existed, no duh im going to like it more

#25 Enermil

Enermil

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (One-Shot @ Jun 19 2007, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if it weren't for anime i wouldn't have even known Naruto existed, no duh im going to like it more

Then you gotta admit that all the Naruhina filler moments are cannon.

#26 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:29 PM

No, he just said that he liked it better. Not that he thought it was canon.

#27 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:I like to play sports: tennis, cricket, swimming, soccer, ping pong, basketball, squash, volleyball, badminton and most of all love to do martial arts. <br /><br />I am a black belt in taekwondo, orange belt in Karate. I have also done a little bit of judo and kick boxing.<br /><br />I also love reading. It is my favorite past time hobby next to all the others listed above. Due to the large amount of materials that I have read I have a lot of trouble writing my own fanfic since the ideas to make it different keeps coming to mind. I haven't submitted a single fanfic but I am writing an ongoing fic regarding Naruto which I hope to put online for others to read.<br /><br />I also like watching anime and reading manga and have been a fan since day one. (except for the fillers part ... But I still watched each and everyone)<br /><br />I have always liked Naruto and Sakura's pairing and I say make them a cannon couple --> this part is exclusively for Kishimoto-san.

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Jun 19 2007, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, he just said that he liked it better. Not that he thought it was canon.

Agreed. He probably wouldn't be here then if he was supporting NaruHina

#28 One-Shot

One-Shot

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:01 AM

im going to sound really stupid for asking... but what does canon even mean?

#29 Silent Shinobi

Silent Shinobi

Tatsumaru of the Cloud

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (One-Shot @ Jun 19 2007, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im going to sound really stupid for asking... but what does canon even mean?

It's referring to the details that actually matter, as far as the series is concerned. The Naruto anime can be broken into two categories: Things that happened in the manga (canon), and things that didn't (filler).

Filler really has nothing to do with the main story of Naruto, and wasn't even made by the creator of the series. So, it means nothing to the plot. Things that happen in filler may as well have never happened, because they don't mean anything to what happens next. Examples of filler include: All Naruto movies, Any quest to find Sasuke outside of Shippuden, most pointless arcs with minor characters you never see again, and every NaruHina moment in existence.

Canon is what's important in the story. Things that happen in canon have an impact on where the story goes, and are referenced later on in the series. Canon includes: All Naruto vs. Sasuke fights, the Chuunin exam, Jiraiya and Naruto's quest to find Tsunade and master the Rasengan, and everything you see in the manga.

#30 One-Shot

One-Shot

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:41 AM

so your saying no one likes the anime cause its got more in it and it actually moves unlike the original manga?or do u mean because its a copy of something else with things that never really happened? or...... (continues making stupid reasons past the point) besides you gotta admit anime is way funnier!

#31 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:54 AM

QUOTE (One-Shot @ Jun 20 2007, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so your saying no one likes the anime cause its got more in it and it actually moves unlike the original manga?or do u mean because its a copy of something else with things that never really happened? or...... (continues making stupid reasons past the point) besides you gotta admit anime is way funnier! (if you dissagree with that i will chidori you up the ***)

It's more like if Thomas Kincaide made a square reproduction of a circular painting done by an unidentified Old Master who's identity is unknown, but Kincaide put some birds in it in the corners where before there were blank corners. Kincaide's painting may be a good interpretation of what Rembrant was planning with his painting, but it's just his interpretation and there are a lot of people who would say it's desecrating the original.

When you're arguing based on anime filler, you are like an art student trying to argue that painter X (who put Ducks in all his paintings) did the original Old Master because there are ducks in the Kincaide interpretation.

You can like the filler (the Kincaide version) all you want, but using evidence he put into the painting to argue a point is just silly.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#32 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:21 AM

Desaix, you probably needed to tune that down a bit. ^^;

Here One-Shot, think of it as you drawing a comic. Then someone came along and decided to turn it into a carton. And then they threw in a bunch of stuff that didn't happen.
Now, you're stuck because everyone thinks everything that happened in the cartoon, happened in the comic.

See? It's not if you like tv over books, but someone else adding things you didn't put in there.

#33 SakuDotz

SakuDotz

Fly away to Dotzland! :D

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interest would probably be in potatoes and lot's of funtastic things....

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:49 AM

Hey I actually agree with that! I wish Sakura would loosen up around Naruto more than she does. A hug would be so cute! th_glomp.gif

#34 One-Shot

One-Shot

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (Vespar @ Jun 21 2007, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Desaix, you probably needed to tune that down a bit. ^^;

Here One-Shot, think of it as you drawing a comic. Then someone came along and decided to turn it into a carton. And then they threw in a bunch of stuff that didn't happen.
Now, you're stuck because everyone thinks everything that happened in the cartoon, happened in the comic.

See? It's not if you like tv over books, but someone else adding things you didn't put in there.

oh i get that! i wont change my opinon that i like the anime better but i do see where your coming from, sorry about all that, oh well, back the original topic. Hugs!

#35 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:I like to play sports: tennis, cricket, swimming, soccer, ping pong, basketball, squash, volleyball, badminton and most of all love to do martial arts. <br /><br />I am a black belt in taekwondo, orange belt in Karate. I have also done a little bit of judo and kick boxing.<br /><br />I also love reading. It is my favorite past time hobby next to all the others listed above. Due to the large amount of materials that I have read I have a lot of trouble writing my own fanfic since the ideas to make it different keeps coming to mind. I haven't submitted a single fanfic but I am writing an ongoing fic regarding Naruto which I hope to put online for others to read.<br /><br />I also like watching anime and reading manga and have been a fan since day one. (except for the fillers part ... But I still watched each and everyone)<br /><br />I have always liked Naruto and Sakura's pairing and I say make them a cannon couple --> this part is exclusively for Kishimoto-san.

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Sakura. @ Jun 21 2007, 04:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey I actually agree with that! I wish Sakura would loosen up around Naruto more than she does. A hug would be so cute! th_glomp.gif

The day Sakura hugs Naruto, he would be on cloud nine. And there won't be any way to bring him down. Just imagine a 15 year old hyper naruto.

Poor Konoha...I feel sorry for its residents

#36 SakuDotz

SakuDotz

Fly away to Dotzland! :D

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interest would probably be in potatoes and lot's of funtastic things....

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:57 PM

I think that the quality of the anime isn't as good as the manga. But anywho, yeah... Naruto and Sakura need to comfront each other! Perhaps a hug is right! wink.gif

#37 One-Shot

One-Shot

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (narutokage @ Jun 25 2007, 05:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The day Sakura hugs Naruto, he would be on cloud nine. And there won't be any way to bring him down. Just imagine a 15 year old hyper naruto.

Poor Konoha...I feel sorry for its residents

haha yeah i agree with you, ok someone go tell tsunade to evacuate (haha)

#38 Silent Shinobi

Silent Shinobi

Tatsumaru of the Cloud

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (Sakura. @ Jun 24 2007, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that the quality of the anime isn't as good as the manga. But anywho, yeah... Naruto and Sakura need to comfront each other! Perhaps a hug is right! wink.gif

I agree that the quality of the manga is better. In fact, I don't find the anime funnier. It just makes Naruto look retarded.

One-Shot, kindly keep your hands as far away from my *** as possible, thank you very much.

#39 AnimeGirl_123

AnimeGirl_123

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:07 PM

Aw NaruSaku huggies. ^__^ Yeah, Naruto only tried to hug her in one filler. It doesn't count. V__V Besides, if the anime counted, NaruHina would have alot of hugs/holding scenes, because in almost every filler they were in together (I think it WAS every filler they were in together...), Naruto held Hinata or touched her in someway. (ahhhhh XD)

298 was love love! ^^ She did hold him! Well... it was only because she was healing him... I think....

NARUTO X SAKURA

444.gif

#40 One-Shot

One-Shot

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 12:43 AM

i already said im not changing my opinion, enough already

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users