105 replies to this topic

#61 archangel

archangel

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:54 PM

Well poop. Glad the anime finally over. Nice touch for Iruka. Glad for him.  For the rest, I know it's been like 2 years but it still don't work for me. That manga ruined it for the hero.

I mean being Hokage is a title. We all know Naruto would be Hokage and all. It the path to that title that make the story. What hurts is that along the way, Naruto kinda off gave up, betraying is own ninja way and thus it always feel like a bitter end. That wedding with Hinata, call me biased but I can say objectively that it shouldn't be like this. I'm not the kind of guy who ship when he read/watch a show, but with Naruto, you cheer for him to win Sakura. He come from so far, from the girl hating him to become his best friend. When you got those insight about Naruto understanding her more than anyone else, you want him to win her even more. For someone who was blind by loving the wrong person (who never treat me like Sasuke did Sakura, might I had)   and never saw the girl I should have been with, I wanted Sakura to open her eye too. I mean the story point out too much into that direction.

And damn it, it didn't happen. I still feel Kishi pair Sakura with Sasuke so that Naruto get Hinata, because it doesn't make sense to went to the guy who tried to murder you. Sarada must have the best how my parent met story at school. That shot with Sakura show how swiftly her development was thrown away after the marriage. That scene show her almost jealous of what she could have.That hurts her.

What's worst is that Naruto and Sakura won't/barely interact with each other after the war. What the hell? It's like they got from best friends to stranger after that. All for what, Hinata happiness which must revolve around Naruto because screw developing that character right, let's leave her a one sided character. Messed up the main one for her.

Edited by archangel, 03 April 2017 - 12:58 PM.

#62 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:06 PM

Well poop. Glad the anime finally over. Nice touch for Iruka. Glad for him.  For the rest, I know it's been like 2 years but it still don't work for me. That manga ruined it for the hero.

I mean being Hokage is a title. We all know Naruto would be Hokage and all. It the path to that title that make the story. What hurts is that along the way, Naruto kinda off gave up, betraying is own ninja way and thus it always feel like a bitter end. That wedding with Hinata, call me biased but I can say objectively that it shouldn't be like this. I'm not the kind of guy who ship when he read/watch a show, but with Naruto, you cheer for him to win Sakura. He come from so far, from the girl hating him to become his best friend. When you got those insight about Naruto understanding her more than anyone else, you want him to win her even more. For someone who was blind by loving the wrong person (who never treat me like Sasuke did Sakura, might I had)   and never saw the girl I should have been with, I wanted Sakura to open her eye too. I mean the story point out too much into that direction.

And damn it, it didn't happen. I still feel Kishi pair Sakura with Sasuke so that Naruto get Hinata, because it doesn't make sense to went to the guy who tried to murder you. Sarada must have the best how my parent met story at school. That shot with Sakura show how swiftly her development was thrown away after the marriage. That scene show her almost jealous of what she could have.That hurts her.

What's worst is that Naruto and Sakura won't/barely interact with each other after the war. What the hell? It's like they got from best friends to stranger after that. All for what, Hinata happiness which must revolve around Naruto because screw developing that character right, let's leave her a one sided character. Messed up the main one for her.

Well they can't have Naruto and sakura interact because even then they still be a threat to their beloved NH & SS, because when ever they interact it feels reel and oragnic

#63 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:45 AM

^This basically sums up my thoughts.

I look at story/characters first, then I indulge myself with shipping, because I don't completely expect it to be at the center of the story unless it's a romance manga/anime. (However, I do try to look at different perspectives to get a better understanding of everything, including with couples. Shipping generally does't bother me, but it's something with NH & their fans that really tilts me the wrong way for some reason.)

Naruto's main goal was to become Hokage. And that's what the ending should have shown: Naruto being inducted as Hokage to cap off the series for good. Showing his wedding, something rather personal and opinionated, just left people with more questions than answers. His goal was not to get married (at least, to Hinata). It felt like they were still trying to convince people that yes, that Naruto really didn't have the guts to at least talk candidly to Sakura about his feelings that he's been lingering on about for most of his life throughout the manga in it's entirety, and instead went for second-best. The understanding, the secret gazes. It indeed felt like he really gave up and didn't try at all; just so many things left unsaid, it's really sad. And they want to tell me that this boy doesn't know the meaning of love, after all the people he's met in his life and all that he's been through? Obito, Tsunade, Kakashi, Jiraiya, Iruka, his friends, his teammates, his parents. Please.

Nevertheless, I truly didn't want anyone to end up together in canon cause I knew it would absolutely ruin the fanbase. Had NaruSaku been canon, they'd never hear the end of it from people who don't like it, like what's happening now with NH & SS. What a disaster.

#64 VoodooFX

VoodooFX

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Comics, Star Wars, Sci-fi, Computer Games, Vintage Computers, Science & Tech ... and Naruto :)

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:48 AM

^This basically sums up my thoughts.

I look at story/characters first, then I indulge myself with shipping, because I don't completely expect it to be at the center of the story unless it's a romance manga/anime. (However, I do try to look at different perspectives to get a better understanding of everything, including with couples. Shipping generally does't bother me, but it's something with NH & their fans that really tilts me the wrong way for some reason.)

Naruto's main goal was to become Hokage. And that's what the ending should have shown: Naruto being inducted as Hokage to cap off the series for good. Showing his wedding, something rather personal and opinionated, just left people with more questions than answers. His goal was not to get married (at least, to Hinata). It felt like they were still trying to convince people that yes, that Naruto really didn't have the guts to at least talk candidly to Sakura about his feelings that he's been lingering on about for most of his life throughout the manga in it's entirety, and instead went for second-best. The understanding, the secret gazes. It indeed felt like he really gave up and didn't try at all; just so many things left unsaid, it's really sad. And they want to tell me that this boy doesn't know the meaning of love, after all the people he's met in his life and all that he's been through? Obito, Tsunade, Kakashi, Jiraiya, Iruka, his friends, his teammates, his parents. Please.

Nevertheless, I truly didn't want anyone to end up together in canon cause I knew it would absolutely ruin the fanbase. Had NaruSaku been canon, they'd never hear the end of it from people who don't like it, like what's happening now with NH & SS. What a disaster.

I too think they should have skipped the fanservice and closed the series with Naruto becoming Hokage and be done with it. As after that, the stories just become uninteresting.

I mean honestly I've never seen Naruto as Hokage material, just sitting around shuffling piles upon piles of papers is just not what Naruto is about or who he is.

He needs to be out, on the move, doing silly things.

As for the pairings, the history shows us that things are much more interesting while there is UST between the characters, it's a foundation for much more dynamic and interesting stories as opposed to reading about happy (and usually dull) family lives ...

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we all push up flowers.

#65 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:58 AM

So who's ready for tomorrow's newest series!?

#66 VoodooFX

VoodooFX

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Comics, Star Wars, Sci-fi, Computer Games, Vintage Computers, Science & Tech ... and Naruto :)

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:46 AM

Not me, haven't touched anything post Ch700 and from what I've seen so far around the net ... god riddance for that!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we all push up flowers.

#67 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:17 PM

You know chapter 700 should've been about the Hero's journey even with the ending.. I mean I was just checking back at the final chapter of Rave Master, and that felt like a proper conclusion to a Hero's journey for Haru..  Naruto failed to do that in every way especially when it came to the anime. 

Can't really say I'm looking forward to it after everything that's happened with the original series.

Though, I guess a first impression's wouldn't kill me.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#68 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:35 PM

tumblr_ojv3xcq66v1w1i5ewo2_1280.jpg

#69 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:04 PM

I too think they should have skipped the fanservice and closed the series with Naruto becoming Hokage and be done with it. As after that, the stories just become uninteresting.

I mean honestly I've never seen Naruto as Hokage material, just sitting around shuffling piles upon piles of papers is just not what Naruto is about or who he is.

He needs to be out, on the move, doing silly things.

As for the pairings, the history shows us that things are much more interesting while there is UST between the characters, it's a foundation for much more dynamic and interesting stories as opposed to reading about happy (and usually dull) family lives ...

I've always thought he'd bring his chipper personality with his job, but he ended up trading it in to be what he wanted  :ermm: It shouldn't have been that big of a sacrifice.

Hell yeah, I agree! Once the wave of teen-angst and mixed feelings are resolved, it's immensely rewarding see them come together in the end. No mud, no lotus you know?

But married or not, I feel like Sakura would ground him with her tough love & remind him to keep his head in the game, while lifting up his mood simultaneously. It is Sakura who brings out that spark in him anyways.

#70 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:10 PM

I'm only going to watch the Opening and I doubt its going to be good as the last good naruto related opening in the anime was Shippuden 16 (for games storm 4)

#71 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:30 PM

as far as openings go my favorites had to be Blue Bird,  Sign,  Diver, Daisuke, Guren, Silhouette.

That's about it for me, I kinda dropped the anime after the whole Obito and Naruto tnj sense it was around the time when the manga ended.

But I came back for the final episode cause I felt like I had been with it for so long that despite dropping it, I gave the anime that much just watch the final episode and see how it goes. Boy what a disapointment..

Wait I just realized they teased Hokage Naruto in the last opening for shippuden... What the hell?? and they didn't even bother to show him such bs!

That aside since the boruto anime is about to start,  Why don't we all take a trip down memory lane via openings:

Edited by LuckyChi7, 04 April 2017 - 11:30 PM.

#72 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:49 PM

I Mainly like the openings 1-9, 12, 14, 16 and somewhat 19

#73 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:48 AM

tumblr_ojv3xcq66v1w1i5ewo2_1280.jpg

#74 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:06 AM

Fans: And so it begins...The Fight.... THE WAR!!

SP: Nah just hit give them some slice of life kitten cause why the hell not!

Fans: Oh um.. well okay!

#75 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:12 AM

btw apparently one of the animators was working on this: 

5Ht6ToX.jpg

That makes you wonder are they gonna open the episode with the first 4 pages of the manga?

cause why else make a design for it especially Kawaki and older Boruto . 

#76 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:48 AM

Might as well. You got to give the people the reason to stay with the program.

#77 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:50 AM

Fans: And so it begins...The Fight.... THE WAR!!

SP: Nah just hit give them some slice of life kitten cause why the hell not!

Fans: Oh um.. well okay!

tumblr_onwydfExjT1u6g84go1_540.jpg

giphy.gif

Edited by totherpage95, 05 April 2017 - 01:50 AM.

#78 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:55 AM

They may be experimenting with it in order to make sure the characters are good when they show them...never-mind they are probably going to start off the episode with that since it would be an attention grab, or maybe they will surprise us by putting it at the end of the episode.

Nail honestly doesn't look that bad. Then again the image doesn't have his two tone hair. Bolt looks like crap as always and the sold red and blue color tattoos look stupid.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 05 April 2017 - 01:57 AM.

#79 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:55 AM

Sasuke's story ended once he killed Itachi.

Sasuke, if you look at where his character was going from the beginning till Itachi's death was; once he killed Itachi he no longer had a reason to be a rouge ninja. So with one of his goal done (killing Itachi) he can work on the other one restoring his clan. Which could mean restoring it physically, or in metaphysically. Physically that just means finding a girl or several and making some babies with her/them. Metaphysically such as restoring it status or what it means to be Uchiha. Both which require him to settle down somewhere and the best place would be the leaf village. Once there apologies to the village for going rouge have Naruto grease some wheels in order to lighten any punishments then settle down have some kids and restore the Konoha Military Police with him as the chief (which seemed to be his dream before the massacre.)

The problem with that is it removes the need for a second battle between Naruto and Sasuke at the valley of the end that Kishimoto wants. Since Sasuke should either just return to the village on his own in order to work on his second goal, or wander to find himself after he realized revenge wasn't as fulfilling as he wanted. But that again removes him as an antagonistic force to Naruto and the need for another battle between the two. So if Kishimoto wanted to have that final battle between the two he needed to keep Sasuke as an antagonistic force. Thus the Uchiha massacre became a democide.

Now that worked in order to keep him antagonistic so kishi could have the final battle between the two it added several problems, one it makes any idea of Sasuke permanently returning to the village seem ludicrous, two he had to constantly go over it again and again in attempts to justify it, three he now had to do a balancing game where Sasuke is an antagonistic force "But not too evil," and four it paints the village in a very negative light. So Naruto becoming hokage without him seriously reforming the village seems like the manga is approving of the democide, and it becomes very reasonable for Sasuke to remain permanently antagonistic towards the village without some serious recompense by the village.

nH is "realistic"? What part? The part where she spends 12 years where she barely if ever interacts with him with us suppose to believe that she is in love with him, the moon people, or something else from that awful movie?

After reading all of this....it makes me wonder...

What was the point of Sasuke at all? If everything just went nowhere and no moral or improvement was met....then why did Sasuke even exist outside of "because we needed a rival to copy DBZ?"

With everything you just posted and the logic of it all behind and what it lead to....

WHAT WAS THE POINT OF NARUTO THE STORY AT ALL?

Every character has become so.....pointless that it doesn't seem like this story should exist at all.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#80 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:19 AM

Here's hoping the anime does so BAD that Pierot gets the lowest of ratings in history leaving them with no choice but to cancel the series or they will go bankrupt. :yes:

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, ep 500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users