Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (Namaenash @ Dec 2 2012, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First of all, sorry for my late reply smile.gif

Sakura's reaction was... --Click here to view--

I think it was positive. She was happy for Naruto and about to cry. The key message on the whole journey in this movie is that Sakura starting to learn how it feels to live a life as the only offspring of a hero -- much like Naruto.

A hero, who has done a great deed to save the village by sacrificing himself, but wont be able to be there for their family. The hero will be carved in the stone and will always be remembered, but for the child / family who was left behind, what good does it make? They dont need parents who are only carved in the stone, dont they?

At later part, Sakura learned Naruto's hardship by thinking 'Naruto, this must be how you feel all along...' --something along those lines. From that point onwards, I realized that this movie is about Naruto and Sakura learning the lesson of life by switching their place. That's my personal take on it.

...this movie is targeted for general public consumption, not only for Naruto fans. People who dont read the manga can still follow the storyline. It's hard to say whether this is a start of Sakura's change of feeling, but we can always tell that this is more or less what Kishi's intention on how he wants the audience to appreciate his characters.

In particular to Sakura's feeling, the NS fan inside me always thought that this movie shows how Kishi depicts Sakura's feeling towards Sasuke -- it's not the real love Sakura was looking for and she need to learn her lesson. If you're an author of a manga and you have ~2 hours to sum up what your story is all about in an OVA, how else you want to depict it? ---But, that's just me being NS fan.

I think the movie itself is about a journey from imperfection towards perfection, by learning from mistakes. Nobody is perfect and it is very human to be imperfect. But you got to learn from your mistakes and move forward to become a better person. That's what I like from Naruto and Sakura as fictional characters. They have flaws, but they made an effort to fix it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt, but that's where the fun is -- they keep trying.

... I think it's a big lie. I dont know whether it is the truth or not, since I'm not Kishimoto smile.gif but the fact is: Kishi stated himself that he's not only drawing the characters, but also writing the story for this movie. Refer to the movie's trailers.

I live long enough in Japan to notice that such claims in advertisement means a serious business. Japanese don't put big names in a product carelessly, be it OVA, video games, fashion design, music, books, etc. If a person name tag is there, it will not be just for fun. They carry a heavy burden and risk -- if the product fails, the named person will hardly get a second chance to be involved in similar projects in the future. People just wont buy it.

So, I think this movie is a make-it-or-break-it moment for Kishi, as well as Naruto and Sakura as fictional characters. I'm glad that this movie becomes the most successful Naruto movie, even though the DVD hasnt been released yet (it'll bring a lot more $$ when the DVD is out).

The success brings a good message to Kishi and his editor at WSJ I think --that NaruSaku bonds/interaction may not be the least favorable in Naruto universe, it may well be the *most* bonds/interaction people looking forward to. Polls/statistics doesnt really matter because they arent really tangible in terms of how much money it will help drive the manga generate more income. We have a solid proof of a successful movie focusing on Naruto, Sakura and family themes. You combine this together, it'll come out as NS all the way tongue.gif Even one of the member of AKFG says he's looking forward how Naruto and Sakura relationship develop.

I find it interesting that recently Kishi stated in WSJ event, that he completely forgot about Sakura -- yet, he made a full movie in which Sakura gets a major role along with Naruto. Having said that, I'll just take Kishi's interview and comments with a grain of salt smile.gif He's very clever at hiding his plans.

Hey, thank you for answering back. Interesting. It goes to show you that Sakura really cares about Naruto, and seeing him being together with a family must be very emotional for both of them. It really goes to show you that Sakura really cares for his happiness as well. Put him above her. Why both of them can't see that they care each other very deeply? This is why this pairing just need to happen. It will be a complete lost if they never got together. This is pure love.

As for Kishi, yes, he did the movie. It has been heavily advertised that it's all new original story made by the guy himself and he was heavily advertised in the interview. The fact that he answered questions regarding to the movie just proved that he made the movie. Else, he would have said, "It looks great and honor to help out," or "I want to watch it to see my creation on the big screen." Instead, he answered them like he is the writer and such. Case in point, it is his movie. No other way around it. If anything, it would seem Chikara is could have been movie if Kishi didn't write one. So there you have it.

#6422 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (Namaenash @ Dec 2 2012, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First of all, sorry for my late reply smile.gif

Sakura's reaction was... --Click here to view--

I think it was positive. She was happy for Naruto and about to cry. The key message on the whole journey in this movie is that Sakura starting to learn how it feels to live a life as the only offspring of a hero -- much like Naruto.

A hero, who has done a great deed to save the village by sacrificing himself, but wont be able to be there for their family. The hero will be carved in the stone and will always be remembered, but for the child / family who was left behind, what good does it make? They dont need parents who are only carved in the stone, dont they?

At later part, Sakura learned Naruto's hardship by thinking 'Naruto, this must be how you feel all along...' --something along those lines. From that point onwards, I realized that this movie is about Naruto and Sakura learning the lesson of life by switching their place. That's my personal take on it.

...this movie is targeted for general public consumption, not only for Naruto fans. People who dont read the manga can still follow the storyline. It's hard to say whether this is a start of Sakura's change of feeling, but we can always tell that this is more or less what Kishi's intention on how he wants the audience to appreciate his characters.

In particular to Sakura's feeling, the NS fan inside me always thought that this movie shows how Kishi depicts Sakura's feeling towards Sasuke -- it's not the real love Sakura was looking for and she need to learn her lesson. If you're an author of a manga and you have ~2 hours to sum up what your story is all about in an OVA, how else you want to depict it? ---But, that's just me being NS fan.

I think the movie itself is about a journey from imperfection towards perfection, by learning from mistakes. Nobody is perfect and it is very human to be imperfect. But you got to learn from your mistakes and move forward to become a better person. That's what I like from Naruto and Sakura as fictional characters. They have flaws, but they made an effort to fix it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt, but that's where the fun is -- they keep trying.

... I think it's a big lie. I dont know whether it is the truth or not, since I'm not Kishimoto smile.gif but the fact is: Kishi stated himself that he's not only drawing the characters, but also writing the story for this movie. Refer to the movie's trailers.

I live long enough in Japan to notice that such claims in advertisement means a serious business. Japanese don't put big names in a product carelessly, be it OVA, video games, fashion design, music, books, etc. If a person name tag is there, it will not be just for fun. They carry a heavy burden and risk -- if the product fails, the named person will hardly get a second chance to be involved in similar projects in the future. People just wont buy it.

So, I think this movie is a make-it-or-break-it moment for Kishi, as well as Naruto and Sakura as fictional characters. I'm glad that this movie becomes the most successful Naruto movie, even though the DVD hasnt been released yet (it'll bring a lot more $$ when the DVD is out).

The success brings a good message to Kishi and his editor at WSJ I think --that NaruSaku bonds/interaction may not be the least favorable in Naruto universe, it may well be the *most* bonds/interaction people looking forward to. Polls/statistics doesnt really matter because they arent really tangible in terms of how much money it will help drive the manga generate more income. We have a solid proof of a successful movie focusing on Naruto, Sakura and family themes. You combine this together, it'll come out as NS all the way tongue.gif Even one of the member of AKFG says he's looking forward how Naruto and Sakura relationship develop.

I find it interesting that recently Kishi stated in WSJ event, that he completely forgot about Sakura -- yet, he made a full movie in which Sakura gets a major role along with Naruto. Having said that, I'll just take Kishi's interview and comments with a grain of salt smile.gif He's very clever at hiding his plans.

Thanks so much for answering! happy.gif

It's nice to hear that Sakura is so happy for Naruto, and nice that she got to witness such moments between Naruto and his "parents".

I agree with you about the way Kishi depicted Sakura's love in this movie - the Sasuke that Sakura wants romantically isn't the real Sasuke at all; its this romanticized version of him that is all surface and no substance. I think if Sakura's love were meant to be presented as this deeply serious, tragic thing, then she would have reacted more like Naruto does around his parents around Sasuke—disbelieving and untrusting at first, and then really emotional sad and then happy to have him around (almost crying happy like the scene where Naruto comes home and gets all teary eyed before smiling when his parents tell him welcome home).

From what I've seen in trailers and heard from those who have seen the movie, Sakura just acted like her 12 year old self around AU!Sasuke (blushing and fangirly) until she saw him with his other fangirls, and then she got mildly upset (some people have said she runs away crying?) and then focused on Naruto's feelings/situation and missing her parents for the rest of the movie.

I also agree about the lesson being sent to the viewers of the movie - Naruto and Sakura are both ungrateful for what they have in the beginning of the movie, and by the end of the movie they help each learn to appreciate what they actually have in reality and to appreciate each other's position. Sakura's words and actions grounded Naruto back in reality at the end, and Sakura learned to appreciate Naruto's situation as you aptly described.

I especially appreciate your points about Kishimoto's involvement in the movie. That's what I assumed, but I wasn't entirely sure. biggrin.gif I hope you have a point as well about Kishi and his editors taking note about the success of the movie and Naruto and Sakura's prominent role in it. I think this perhaps was reflected as well in the comments chosen and put on the official movie page, since there were two comments regarding Naruto and Sakura's relationship.

And yes, I certainly think that Kishi decided to involve Sakura so heavily because he hasn't been able to involve her as much in the manga. Here's hoping that he will follow through with this in manga after seeing how successful it was in a movie.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#6423 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

^^Well said.

Pretty much, this movie is works well for anyone, newcomers and fans. They pretty much touch upon many things that has happen to Naruto and to start it off, we get a treat with Akatsuki battle, regardless if they're fake. Then, the real story begins. In some way, I'm still shocked that Kishi resurfaced Team 7 love triangle in the movie no less. I mean there's no need for that, let alone teases for Naruto and Sakura dating. This whole moment could be easily dismissed. What's the point of Sakura saying that line anyway? Well it would seem that Kishi made a compare and contrast with Naruto and Sasuke for Sakura, even though that Sasuke is AU!. So basically, two problems for Sakura is believing no parents equals paradise and it would be better off relying on Sasuke than Naruto because of their argument.

Well, you know the result already and again, can be easily avoided. It only make me question why even end on a date request. So yeah, after this movie, a lot of people have seen Kishi's perspective view on Naruto: Naruto is cool with his friends, still loves Sakura, Sakura is close to Naruto, therefore has a good shot at romance, and Sakura's love for Sasuke is nothing but just a romantic dream. Like AU! Sasuke is a definition of her fantasy: giving red rose, look pretty, and say romantic words. Naruto is himself yet she's falling for him. Kudos to Kishi.

#6424 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

^ Exactly. If you asked someone who saw the movie, but hadn't been following the series, does anyone honestly think that they would walk out of the theater thinking that NaruHina and SasuSaku are canon pairings? Or that Naruto and Sakura's relationship is just that of friends?

Kishi chose to present their relationship to newcomers as romantic, and present Sasuke and Hinata as the side characters serving to detract from the main romantic couple (characters like Shampoo and Ukyo for Ranma and Ryoga and Dr. Tofu/Shinosuke for Akane - these side characters are there for the purpose of creating some tension (thus plot) in the main relationship, not as serious love interests).

I also think it was cute that at one of the special events for the movie, they used the scene where Sakura is dragging Naruto to the park for their "date" at the beginning of the movie to have people try and voice act over, rather than the infamous balcony scene with Sasuke and Sakura, or the scene where Hinata is shouting at Naruto for taking Sakura's side over hers wink.gif

Edited by Paptala, 03 December 2012 - 06:53 AM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#6425 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

Speaking about the movie where's the "motion comic dvd" of naruto alreay released?
SK-303_image007.jpg

#6426 AnaHatakechan

AnaHatakechan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

I have friends in Japan who have seen the 9th Naruto movie: Road To Ninja and they've said that is by far the best Naruto movie out of the lot (A close second being Blood Prison) They said that the movie focuses on Naruto and Sakura, the main theme of the movie being: Parents. Sakura learns what it's like to have none and Naruto of course learns what its like to have a mother and father for the first time.
Aprantly characters like Hinata and Sasuke hardly appear in the movie and I'm pretty tired of NaruHina and SasuSaku fans who say Road To Ninja are going to be and I quote "NaruHina and SasuSaku will beeee sooo00oo0o0o0o0o canon in this movie! I bet Hinata will end up kissing Naruto because she's so full of confidence now!!" She may have more confidence but Naruto is still shonen and there is hardly any romance in the manga overall so their just being delusional. I can just tell the NH and SS fanbase will be raging after watching this movie.

Edited by AnaHatakechan, 07 December 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#6427 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (AnaHatakechan @ Dec 7 2012, 04:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have friends in Japan who have seen the 9th Naruto movie: Road To Ninja and they've said that is by far the best Naruto movie out of the lot (A close second being Blood Prison) They said that the movie focuses on Naruto and Sakura, the main theme of the movie being: Parents. Sakura learns what it's like to have none and Naruto of course learns what its like to have a mother and father for the first time.
Aprantly characters like Hinata and Sasuke hardly appear in the movie and I'm pretty tired of NaruHina and SasuSaku fans who say Road To Ninja are going to be and I quote "NaruHina and SasuSaku will beeee sooo00oo0o0o0o0o canon in this movie! I bet Hinata will end up kissing Naruto because she's so full of confidence now!!" She may have more confidence but Naruto is still shonen and there is hardly any romance in the manga overall so their just being delusional. I can just tell the NH and SS fanbase will be raging after watching this movie.

This^
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#6428 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (AnaHatakechan @ Dec 7 2012, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are already raging because of this movie....
This is the reason why they rejoice because of kiba's comment.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 07 December 2012 - 02:26 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#6429 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

Various users have already made the claim that since it's a movie and not part of the manga that it should be disregarded. Well Kishi had direct involvement with the plot of the movie. It was his personal interpretation of the characters and events that was used for the basis.

#6430 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (Atheck @ Dec 8 2012, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Various users have already made the claim that since it's a movie and not part of the manga that it should be disregarded. Well Kishi had direct involvement with the plot of the movie. It was his personal interpretation of the characters and events that was used for the basis.

No it's canon, just see the next DBZ movie it's canon and made by Akira toryama itself.
but the part "canon" it's the fact that kishi made it itself so he takes sakura as a female protagonist and she plays a important role though the movie.
Her personality is canon along with naruto and the others.
Finishing is "before RTN" only with scans the same fandom claimed that it was canon now that the things didnt work as they expected they are treating RTN as a filler.

this is the reason why i dont bother with pairing wars.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 09 December 2012 - 12:39 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#6431 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 8 2012, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No it's canon, just see the next DBZ movie it's canon and made by Akira toryama itself.
but the part "canon" it's the fact that kishi made it itself so he takes sakura as a female protagonist and she plays a important role though the movie.
Finishing is "before RTN" only with scans the same fandom claimed that it was canon now that the things didnt work as they expected they are treating RTN as a filler.

The premise, relationships, and characters are inspired by factual aspects of the manga but Kishi himself needs to confirm that the events of the movie is canonical and that they did in fact occur within the manga universe as well, not just the animeverse.

#6432 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 8 2012, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This.

Even though I won't use this movie in the debate, it still holds more meaning than a normal anime studio made movie. In all honestly, SS and NH were steamrolling NS to death with its ads. The teaser, the color spread (way overlooked), and somehow the special chapter (even though it only sets up Naruto being alone and replicate the scenario in AU! form) were their backup. Once the movie spoilers were out, it all changed. It really changed drastically when NS have a lot of moments. That's when it's now known as filler, even though they are the one that screamed canon first, but I digress. I still remember one person kept saying it's a preview of a movie, not the real thing, which sadly he got bashed badly. Can't say I didn't warn him...

#6433 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 8 2012, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This^ when the first trailers of the movie were released we immediately got upset because it was showing too much NH and SS fan service and obviously we didn't like that. Then those fans of those pairings were having a field trip with the trailers and jump right in claiming the movie was going to be canon especially since Kishimoto wrote and directed the movie. But when it was revealed that the movie focus A LOT on the NS bond the biggest trolling move Kishi has done to those fans they immediately raged out and quickly jumped back in claiming now the movie isn't canon with the manga. How convenient it's canon because it's NH and SS but if it's NS then it's not canon with the manga. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Gravenimage, 09 December 2012 - 02:05 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#6434 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

I'd say the interactions and behaviours are canon, but not the actions. Because they conflict with the real canon manga, there's no room for the events in RTN to be canon.

ナルサク

#6435 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

^This - unless Kishi states that it occurs in the actual manga timeline, the events in the movie are not canon. I'd say the characterization and interactions are canon though, in that this is how the characters would act in that situation, since it was written by the author.

Edited by Paptala, 09 December 2012 - 03:10 AM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#6436 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Dec 9 2012, 02:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This^ when the first trailers of the movie were released we immediately got upset because it was showing too much NH and SS fan service and obviously we didn't like that. Then those fans of those pairings were having a field trip with the trailers and jump right in claiming the movie was going to be canon especially since Kishimoto wrote and directed the movie. But when it was revealed that the movie focus A LOT on the NS bond the biggest trolling move Kishi has done to those fans they immediately raged out and quickly jumped back in claiming now the movie isn't canon with the manga. How convenient it's canon because it's NH and SS but if it's NS then it's not canon with the manga. rolleyes.gif

Kishi can have Naruto and Sakura kiss, and they will still say is not canon, is a dream, and that Naruto was clearly thinking of Hinata because he was blushing and she likes to blush.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#6437 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

At least in here, we understand the situation. The movie may or may not be canon, but the intention and characters are canon. Even so, Anti-NS doesn't appreciate this because this was made by Kishi, which shows that NS is definitely not our imagination. In fact, it came off as a real deal. NH came off fans' dreams and SS came off what's currently going on: shallow. My record is broken but here is it: Kishi didn't need to add NS, but he did.

#6438 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

i have the feeling that the last chapter of this year will have a major NS scene that will bury NH and SS definitively.
Make my words 21/12/2012, on wednesday, the day where we have naruto mangas, there will be a major NS scene that will bury NH and SS.
i print this to post on 21/12;

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 09 December 2012 - 02:15 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#6439 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

That's on Friday.....

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#6440 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Dec 9 2012, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's on Friday.....

Yes on friday...
sad.gif, i checked i see on wednesday then i checked again and was on friday...
SK-303_image007.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users