Close
Photo

Who's starting to give up on NS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
200 replies to this topic

Poll: Who starting to give up on NS (160 member(s) have cast votes)

Are u giving up on NS

1. yes (5 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

2. no (151 votes [94.38%])

Percentage of vote: 94.38%

3. there's no pairing in Naruto's age group anyways (4 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

Vote

#1 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:12 AM

I love narusakuct7.gif but for some reason I'm starting to give up just based on where the manga is going and how Kishi is focusing on the storyline. Do any of you feel the same or indifferent. mellow.gif

Please don't bash but speak honesty. love.gif
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#2 alucard

alucard

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:computer, games, anime, manga and alot of random things:D

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:18 AM

i dont think that you might be giving up on narusaku its just the simple fact that theyre arent alot thats been going on and from my experiences unless you keep seeing why you like something it will slowly start to die off even if you want to keep hope for it. but if we just remember all the hints and how many times we have seen those hints really come into effect. just keep up hope and kishi will definitly come through:) i think i will get some people to agree with me on that.

Edited by alucard, 16 July 2008 - 07:19 AM.

#3 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:30 AM

No. Why should I? Naruto has never been a romance manga. No pairing becoming canon was always a likely possibility, and I don't like NaruSaku because I think it'll become canon. It'd be nice, but I don't depend on it.

Anyway the last chapters don't mean it'll never become canon. We can only hope and see.

Edited by Jenskott, 16 July 2008 - 07:32 AM.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#4 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:34 AM

No. In fact I think now more than ever we may see NaruSaku happening with Akatsuki really breathing down on Naruto's neck and Naruto wanting revenge for Jiraiya.

uc.png

#5 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:08 AM

Never.

It's a Shonen manga, so you can't really expect relationships and pairings, to be front and center like they are in a Shoujo manga happy.gif

#6 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 16 2008, 04:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Never.

It's a Shonen manga, so you can't really expect relationships and pairings, to be front and center like they are in a Shoujo manga happy.gif

Maybe not but it's not impossible to see romance in a Shonen manga either look at Dragon Ball and DBZ.

Edited by L, 16 July 2008 - 08:23 AM.

uc.png

#7 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:25 AM

^^^
What L and Sakura Blossoms said.

#8 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:29 AM

Relationships and pairings also can be the focus of a shonen manga. Look to Oh! My Goddess, Video Girl Ai or Maison Ikkoku, for example.

The problem isn't Naurto is a shonen manga, since shonen manga can be focused on romance right like shojo manga can be focused on fights, but it's an fighting manga. Therefore, fights and action are prevalent.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#9 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (L @ Jul 16 2008, 04:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe not but it's not impossible to see romance in a Shonen manga either look at Dragon Ball and DBZ.

I understand that.

And Kishimoto has done a fairly good job of highlighting possible pairings, and especially of late with Shippuden more possible NaruSaku, than any other possible pairings...though I would LOVE some more scenes focusing on the two of them wub.gif ...but that doesn't mean that we can really expect him to stray from the main premise of his series, which is mainly action and high-action drama, which are the hallmarks of a Shonen manga.

#10 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 16 2008, 05:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I understand that.

And Kishimoto has done a fairly good job of highlighting possible pairings, and especially of late with Shippuden more possible NaruSaku, than any other possible pairings...though I would LOVE some more scenes focusing on the two of them wub.gif ...but that doesn't mean that we can really expect him to stray from the main premise of his series, which is mainly action and high-action drama, which are the hallmarks of a Shonen manga.

Kishimoto has said in an interview as Part 2 started that he wants to include more romance in Naruto, and we've seen some implied romance with Asuma and Kurenai, Jiraiya and Tsunade and of course eventually (hopefully) Naruto and Sakura. However he has also said he's a fan of love triangles.

uc.png

#11 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (L @ Jul 16 2008, 05:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kishimoto has said in an interview as Part 2 started that he wants to include more romance in Naruto, and we've seen some implied romance with Asuma and Kurenai, Jiraiya and Tsunade and of course eventually (hopefully) Naruto and Sakura. However he has also said he's a fan of love triangles.

And I repeat:

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 16 2008, 05:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I understand that.

And Kishimoto has done a fairly good job of highlighting possible pairings, and especially of late with Shippuden

#12 Chidori Mistress

Chidori Mistress

Lolita of Squack <3

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:35 AM

No.
People forget that this is a shonen manga in which the plot will have more focus than the pairings.

#13 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:29 AM

The only way I'd give up on NaruSaku is if an alternative forcibly presented itself and Sakura remained oblivious. Like another Shiho-type character. Even in Harry Potter we had to wait almost a decade for Ron and Hermione to figure it out (and it was *glorious* my first otp ever fufilled).

There's still a long ways to go before Kishimoto can wrap things up.
WTF Fanfic Quote of the Moment

"I nearly threw up in my mouth" exclaimed Sasuke, mentally scarred by the experience."You should do that!Except let her try and kiss you whilst you do!"laughed Naruto exitedly."That is WAY funny, and all the same way more creepy that that time at the preliminaries!"retorted Sasuke, remembering."uuughh! I feel so sorry for the shadow clones I made whilst we hid.I hear one of the sound genin got AIDS and CHLAMIDIA from Hayate"said Naruto pulling a face.

#14 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:07 PM

I've read plenty of shounen romance manga that develop romance at such a boring, slow and disgusting pace. If a romance shounen is that slow, I have no problems with the way NS is going here.

#15 Gena kumo

Gena kumo

Floatin' along as a Silvery Cloud...

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:Let's see....<br />-Reading<br />-Writing<br />-Sketching/Doodling<br />-Traveling<br />-And practically anything and EVERYTHING that has to do w/ <br />creativity and The Arts ^_^

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:35 PM

Nope, not giving out on it yet.

Scratch that....NEVER giving up on NaruSaku. 111193.gif

Of course....It's not only because I'm depending on it HAPPENING...(Like something big in the manga...a kiss or something...)

But because I like the pairing in of itself. happy.gif

It's a shonen manga....so I'm really not expecting anything big......(Except, I DO want Naruto to win in the end...in some way or form....)

Personally, I just like their little day-to-day interactions that Kishi provides us....

(Not only is it sometimes sweet...it's also HILARIOUS....and all very, very natural.
Honestly, I like that better than a whole lot of gushy-cheesy romance.)

And I could be happy just with that. biggrin.gif

Also...in a logical mindset....it is the pairing MOST likely to happen.

So if ya want to bet your money....a_shifty.gif....

You better bet it on NaruSaku. :thumbs:

(FACT: Kishi said their would be only ONE main pairing. a_spaz.gif I think that promise ALONE easily puts NaruHina and SasuSaku out of the running.
And sorry ShikaTema fans...like myself....even though there's been some indication that it's gonna happpen....It's not a main character pairng. *shrugs* Oh well...)

[color="#FF8C00"]My fan-writing <3 fairycloud22

#16 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:57 PM

(FACT: Kishi said their would be only ONE main pairing. a_spaz.gif I think that promise ALONE easily puts NaruHina and SasuSaku out of the running.
And sorry ShikaTema fans...like myself....even though there's been some indication that it's gonna happpen....It's not a main character pairng. *shrugs* Oh well...)

Where did you find that information?

Edited by Hopestar, 16 July 2008 - 09:55 PM.

[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#17 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:58 PM

Hell to the NO! I would never give up on NaruSaku! And I agree with Shauna and Ed on this as well. Kishi said back in Part 1 he tried to add romance into the series but it came out wrong so he said Part 2 will have the romance part and we are still in this section. Hopefully since we did have some scenes with Asuma and Kurenai, and though Jiraiya and Tsunade didn't make it, we'll know Naruto and Sakura are gonna make it!

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#18 alucard

alucard

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:computer, games, anime, manga and alot of random things:D

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:15 PM

besides we gatta love the pictures:)

http://i151.photobuc...D67/babyies.jpg

http://i151.photobuc...everForgive.jpg

those are just my personal fav feel free to browse the rest of it. theres quite a few:)

#19 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:26 PM

Not giving up, but I'm not expecting the manga to focus much on their relationship. I do think they have the best chances though.
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#20 PhantomNinja

PhantomNinja

Crazy little brunette

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:drawing, reading, writting, cooking... (i have a lot of 'ings')

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:24 PM

As I once heard from Galaxy Quest: "Never give up, Never surrender!" =D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users