• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#21 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:16 PM

Yeah killing Neji off for NH is unforgivable.
And you're right Sakura was just pairing fodder for Naruto & Sasuke. Neither of them wanted her at the end.

I agree it seems like he never even cared about Sakura at all by making her pairing folder even thought she had more deveoplement than just being a perfect house wife for a complete jerk who left her to rise her child by herself which I still think is a Susake x Karin baby ripoff. She looks to much like Kairn to be Sakura's child which does more diservice to her character if this is just some sick genjustu on her to pass it off as hers. I wouldn't put it past Susake to do something that disgusting to Sakura too being with. Killing Neji to make him a mere plot device is completely disgusting to me it's just like the treatment that batgirl received in The Killing Joke. At least, they made up for their mistake and gave us Oracle which then DC erased in the new 52. However, I find myself disliking using characters as mere plot devices to move the story unforgivable to me since disregards their own characters and growth they received throughout the storyline for this mere scene.

Edited by Ryriena, 28 April 2015 - 02:18 PM.

Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#22 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:28 PM

Many people who blame Saiura are those who are mad at people blaming Sasuke. Which is fantastically hypocritical. Why can't we all just realize the one and only responsible is Kishi. Or you can be lame and cherrypick which character to hate and which to feel sorry for.

Personally I like Sasuke and don't like when anyone blames him. He's not a good person, but you know what to expect of him.

ナルサク

#23 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:39 PM

I'm not saying that Sakura shouldn't have known better, but come on--we know that when it comes to Sasuke everyone seems to want to love and forgive him. Also? He deceived her in the ending because after everything, it looked like he was going to come back and finally get on the right track. He may have even had a child with her. He may have given her his child with Karin and asked her to raise Sarada in a specific way--upholding a lie. Why Sakura goes along with it is the same question we ask of women in these real life cases. I'm frustrated that once again, Sasuke has been the cause of drama and conflict--after everything they've been through because Kishimoto keeps making characters love and adore him to their own detriment. Why? I don't know. 

Yet again, blaming Sakura entirely and expecting that she deserves it for being with a guy like that? Then blaming Sakura for the hate Sasuke gets? No, people hate him because after 700 chapters of drama, he's still an irredeemable ass. He would still abandon people. He's still causing harm. Kishimoto is still using him as this ambiguous antagonist.

You know why women stay in these horrible situations? Because they think they could fix the abuser. They think that he needs them. They think they're not worth anything more. They think that because of his past or whatever he's 'troubled' and he really loves them, he's just gotta work out his issues. Sound familiar? Sakura has built Sasuke up in her head and if this story was being treated seriously, who would let her stay with Sasuke?

People who love her aren't clamouring around to tell her she deserves better. Naruto, Ino, Tsunade, her parents, everyone is supportive of this because in some part they themselves share the same attitude, particularly Naruto. Sasuke not being treated like the bad news he is is practically a theme of the manga.

I'm upset because Sakura doesn't deserve this, and it's sad to see her in such a situation. It's not oh she made her bed--it's that she has the story of a victim without the proper addressing. Character flaws--actual character flaws not just lukewarm faults that are there to make a character 'complex' are a source of good writing and drama. The problem is, they're not going to spin this like Sasuke is a terrible person and everyone should stay away from him. This isn't going to have the resolution where after years of being deluded Sakura is going to let Sasuke go because he's been absent, unsupportive, and ungrateful. No, this is about Sakura learning that endurance is the path. As long as she endures, everything will be alright.

Obviously, she's not happy. Frequently visiting the hospital, taking out loans for the house, being insecure over normal questions about her marriage--Sakura is not just unhappy she probably feels useless. Yet Sasuke is just whatever right? Everyone should have known the detriment that he is--yet that's not how the entire manga thus far has been spun. There's always some excuse to pursue Sasuke, always some excuse to wait for him. Kishimoto is going to create another one, and I'm going to watch a genuinely good character suffer because of him. How can we expect Sakura to see him for what he is when Naruto never has?

I don't say that Sakura should be with him and this is how I wanted her character to handle things, but how can I call her horrible for it when she's suffering for it? Kishimoto intentionally writes it so that Sasuke remains this big dramatic plot point, and characters aside from Naruto and his fated (BS) bond with him is the only character who will remotely look 'strong' when it comes to Sasuke. Why would people hate Sakura for being with him, and then love Sasuke? I dislike Sasuke and feel sorry that Sakura had to be the one to be saddled with him. I hate that Sarada, by all accounts Sakura's daughter biological or not, has to be another unhappy Uchiha because Sasuke has learned nothing about being a decent person over 700 chapters.

There are valid criticisms and I share them but the 'Sakura should have been stronger' and 'she should have known' absolving Sasuke of the fault is just ridiculous. No one is helping her; the manga isn't addressing this properly, because Kishimoto doesn't seem to want to just admit Sasuke is not a good person and that other characters shouldn't love him as intensely as they do. Karin, Naruto, Sakura, they all share the same issue--loving Sasuke to a fault.

#24 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:47 PM

I'm not saying that Sakura shouldn't have known better, but come on--we know that when it comes to Sasuke everyone seems to want to love and forgive him. Also? He deceived her in the ending because after everything, it looked like he was going to come back and finally get on the right track. He may have even had a child with her. He may have given her his child with Karin and asked her to raise Sarada in a specific way--upholding a lie. Why Sakura goes along with it is the same question we ask of women in these real life cases. I'm frustrated that once again, Sasuke has been the cause of drama and conflict--after everything they've been through because Kishimoto keeps making characters love and adore him to their own detriment. Why? I don't know. 

Yet again, blaming Sakura entirely and expecting that she deserves it for being with a guy like that? Then blaming Sakura for the hate Sasuke gets? No, people hate him because after 700 chapters of drama, he's still an irredeemable ass. He would still abandon people. He's still causing harm. Kishimoto is still using him as this ambiguous antagonist.

You know why women stay in these horrible situations? Because they think they could fix the abuser. They think that he needs them. They think they're not worth anything more. They think that because of his past or whatever he's 'troubled' and he really loves them, he's just gotta work out his issues. Sound familiar? Sakura has built Sasuke up in her head and if this story was being treated seriously, who would let her stay with Sasuke?

People who love her aren't clamouring around to tell her she deserves better. Naruto, Ino, Tsunade, her parents, everyone is supportive of this because in some part they themselves share the same attitude, particularly Naruto. Sasuke not being treated like the bad news he is is practically a theme of the manga.

I'm upset because Sakura doesn't deserve this, and it's sad to see her in such a situation. It's not oh she made her bed--it's that she has the story of a victim without the proper addressing. Character flaws--actual character flaws not just lukewarm faults that are there to make a character 'complex' are a source of good writing and drama. The problem is, they're not going to spin this like Sasuke is a terrible person and everyone should stay away from him. This isn't going to have the resolution where after years of being deluded Sakura is going to let Sasuke go because he's been absent, unsupportive, and ungrateful. No, this is about Sakura learning that endurance is the path. As long as she endures, everything will be alright.

Obviously, she's not happy. Frequently visiting the hospital, taking out loans for the house, being insecure over normal questions about her marriage--Sakura is not just unhappy she probably feels useless. Yet Sasuke is just whatever right? Everyone should have known the detriment that he is--yet that's not how the entire manga thus far has been spun. There's always some excuse to pursue Sasuke, always some excuse to wait for him. Kishimoto is going to create another one, and I'm going to watch a genuinely good character suffer because of him. How can we expect Sakura to see him for what he is when Naruto never has?

I don't say that Sakura should be with him and this is how I wanted her character to handle things, but how can I call her horrible for it when she's suffering for it? Kishimoto intentionally writes it so that Sasuke remains this big dramatic plot point, and characters aside from Naruto and his fated (BS) bond with him is the only character who will remotely look 'strong' when it comes to Sasuke. Why would people hate Sakura for being with him, and then love Sasuke? I dislike Sasuke and feel sorry that Sakura had to be the one to be saddled with him. I hate that Sarada, by all accounts Sakura's daughter biological or not, has to be another unhappy Uchiha because Sasuke has learned nothing about being a decent person over 700 chapters.

There are valid criticisms and I share them but the 'Sakura should have been stronger' and 'she should have known' absolving Sasuke of the fault is just ridiculous. No one is helping her; the manga isn't addressing this properly, because Kishimoto doesn't seem to want to just admit Sasuke is not a good person and that other characters shouldn't love him as intensely as they do. Karin, Naruto, Sakura, they all share the same issue--loving Sasuke to a fault.

I agree with what Ryriena said, Sasuke probably put Sakura under a genjutsu to make her think Salad is her's. XD I wouldn't put it past Sasuke & it'd be damn hilarious.

#25 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:05 PM

I agree with what Ryriena said, Sasuke probably put Sakura under a genjutsu to make her think Salad is her's. XD I wouldn't put it past Sasuke & it'd be damn hilarious.

It'd seem like the kind of kitten move he'd do. XP

#26 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:06 PM

I'm loving this thread — it's a subject I've thought about often since the release of the new series. Sakura is blatantly being cast in a negative light. Even though she's in a tough situation that is only deserving of sympathy, her daughter takes an accusatory tone, throwing some really cruel comments at her, pushing Sakura over an emotional edge. And even in lashing out it only sinks Sakura's situation lower.

The people who are supposed to love her are not showing much love or support for her. Sasuke, her spouse, left her more than a decade ago with an infant that may or may not be hers. Her 12-13yo child, instead of supporting her or being kind about the obvious fact that Sakura's a single parent in a loveless non-relationship and the only mom she'll ever have, is flat-out mean to her. Not supportive, or even broaching the subject in a delicate way.

But still, Sakura comes out of this in a really negative way. When, for all the facts that are presented so far, she is trying to make the best of a bad situation, and should be a sympathetic character.

If it were Hinata, holding down the fort while Naruto was away, and having to deal with a sassy kid throwing her situation in her face, the fandom would be falling all over itself for her.

But because it's Sakura, and because the tone of everyone around her is that it is somehow her fault and her responsibility to fix, then the fandom follows suit.

I can't help but be reminded of the problems with the "abused-wife syndrome," the term for the woman who stays in a bad situation without leaving. People analyze and obsess about why the woman stays, what's in it for her, and why doesn't she change and just leave.

But no one ever calls it the "abusing-husband syndrome," placing the blame where it truly lies. 

Somehow, the fault is assigned to the woman, and so is the responsibility to change. It is just accepted that the abuser will never change. And that the woman must endure. It's in the very language we use to define those situations.

In the new series, Sakura is set up completely as the 'abused-wife syndrome.' Her situation is really bad, but instead of focusing on Sasuke, the one who left her holding the bag, people are actively blaming Sakura for her role in getting there, and not pulling herself out. Even Sarada is blaming her. And the chapter is written from her POV. There is simply no escaping it now. It's been validated.

Kishimoto has made Sakura the scapegoat again. And the readers have followed him in that view. 

Kishimoto is sexist, there should be no doubt in anyone's mind. And once we see the domestic bliss that Hinata is sure to be living in, as a reward for her cinderella-like existence in the story, the contrast to Sakura's situation and the negative slant we are supposed to see her in, should be completely clear.

#27 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:24 PM

I'm loving this thread it's a subject I've thought about often since the release of the new series. Sakura is blatantly being cast in a negative light. Even though she's in a tough situation that is only deserving of sympathy, her daughter takes an accusatory tone, throwing some really cruel comments at her, pushing Sakura over an emotional edge. And even in lashing out it only sinks Sakura's situation lower.

The people who are supposed to love her are not showing much love or support for her. Sasuke, her spouse, left her more than a decade ago with an infant that may or may not be hers. Her 12-13yo child, instead of supporting her or being kind about the obvious fact that Sakura's a single parent in a loveless non-relationship and the only mom she'll ever have, is flat-out mean to her. Not supportive, or even broaching the subject in a delicate way.

But still, Sakura comes out of this in a really negative way. When, for all the facts that are presented so far, she is trying to make the best of a bad situation, and should be a sympathetic character.

If it were Hinata, holding down the fort while Naruto was away, and having to deal with a sassy kid throwing her situation in her face, the fandom would be falling all over itself for her.

But because it's Sakura, and because the tone of everyone around her is that it is somehow her fault and her responsibility to fix, then the fandom follows suit.

I can't help but be reminded of the problems with the "abused-wife syndrome," the term for the woman who stays in a bad situation without leaving. People analyze and obsess about why the woman stays, what's in it for her, and why doesn't she change and just leave.

But no one ever calls it the "abusing-husband syndrome," placing the blame where it truly lies. 

Somehow, the fault is assigned to the woman, and so is the responsibility to change. It is just accepted that the abuser will never change. And that the woman must endure. It's in the very language we use to define those situations.

In the new series, Sakura is set up completely as the 'abused-wife syndrome.' Her situation is really bad, but instead of focusing on Sasuke, the one who left her holding the bag, people are actively blaming Sakura for her role in getting there, and not pulling herself out. Even Sarada is blaming her. And the chapter is written from her POV. There is simply no escaping it now. It's been validated.

Kishimoto has made Sakura the scapegoat again. And the readers have followed him in that view. 

Kishimoto is sexist, there should be no doubt in anyone's mind. And once we see the domestic bliss that Hinata is sure to be living in, as a reward for her cinderella-like existence in the story, the contrast to Sakura's situation and the negative slant we are supposed to see her in, should be completely clear.

It makes me mad how Hinata's rewarded for quietly worshipping Naruto while Sakura's punished for being a real girl in a sh*tty situation. Sakura's not perfect; she started off liking the wrong guy due to shallow reasons & had to spend most of the series realizing that and opening her eyes to her true love Naruto, but does she have to be punished for that? It's not enough that Kikitten reverted her character & forced her back with Sasuke but now he's putting her through this single mom baby mama drama crap.

#28 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:24 PM

I'm loving this thread — it's a subject I've thought about often since the release of the new series. Sakura is blatantly being cast in a negative light. Even though she's in a tough situation that is only deserving of sympathy, her daughter takes an accusatory tone, throwing some really cruel comments at her, pushing Sakura over an emotional edge. And even in lashing out it only sinks Sakura's situation lower.

Honestly, Tricksie, it also is a double standard of hypocrisy, since Hinata is like Cinderella apparently, but honestly, I don't want domestic bliss for her. I want her to feel the fact life isn't roses for her either, given I still think the reason Naruto avoids Boruto, Hima, and her isn't work, it's that he realized he's made a mistake too little too late.

As for Sakura, it isn't just abused wife syndrome. I theorized a while back she pushed Naruto away feeling in her mind she didn't deserve to have him love her since all she did (at least her preconceived notions) was hurt him emotionally and was unaware of it for so long. It's just damn dumb how far Kishimoto-sensei has to keep ruining the characters like this. :(

#29 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:29 PM

Hinata is still beloved even after knitting a scarf while her sister gets kidnapped.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#30 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:31 PM

Honestly, Tricksie, it also is a double standard of hypocrisy, since Hinata is like Cinderella apparently, but honestly, I don't want domestic bliss for her. I want her to feel the fact life isn't roses for her either, given I still think the reason Naruto avoids Boruto, Hima, and her isn't work, it's that he realized he's made a mistake too little too late.

As for Sakura, it isn't just abused wife syndrome. I theorized a while back she pushed Naruto away feeling in her mind she didn't deserve to have him love her since all she did (at least her preconceived notions) was hurt him emotionally and was unaware of it for so long. It's just damn dumb how far Kishimoto-sensei has to keep ruining the characters like this. :(

You still call him "Kishimoto-sensei"? O.o I just call him Kikitten, Trollmoto, Moneymoto etc.

#31 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:34 PM

Many people who blame Saiura are those who are mad at people blaming Sasuke. Which is fantastically hypocritical. Why can't we all just realize the one and only responsible is Kishi. Or you can be lame and cherrypick which character to hate and which to feel sorry for.

Personally I like Sasuke and don't like when anyone blames him. He's not a good person, but you know what to expect of him.

I've have more opinions of Sasuke than any other charter.

You're right he is not a good person and I think he'd openly admit it. The biggest issue I have with his character is not him, really, it's the way the cast and story bend and contort themselves to avoid admitting he is bad and having to hold him accountable

I'm loving this thread — it's a subject I've thought about often since the release of the new series. Sakura is blatantly being cast in a negative light. Even though she's in a tough situation that is only deserving of sympathy, her daughter takes an accusatory tone, throwing some really cruel comments at her, pushing Sakura over an emotional edge. And even in lashing out it only sinks Sakura's situation lower.

It does. He could have had her strap on her big-girl pants and tell Sarada the truth. Instead, she defends a guy who has done nothing to deserve it and commits massive property damage in the process. Though, I think that was just a joke meant as an excuse for Sarada to find the picture and we won't here much of it again. We'll get a throw away line about them moving or something fixing no questions asked.This is the best he could do to introduce that? Might as well have her just drop the photo and knock it off the shelf and then ask Sakura. Cliche as hell, but avoids the needless drama and character trashing.

I understand hiding the information initially. My mother got custody of my niece when she was an infant. So, I've been there when it comes to my own family. I completely understand parents no wanting to upset the apple cart and not knowing the best way or time to approach the matter. It's a difficult situation.

I have sympathy for her and don't fault her for deciding to put her life on hold for Sarada even if both her parents turn out to be trash. After all what did Sarada do? It's commendable in my opinion.

I just don't understand the reflexive defense of Sasuke. All that's voluntary and she's making that choice. It's so disappointing that even now no one will call out his crap. Broken Figurine is right about reformation be a common reason women find themselves in that situation, but does anyone think Kishimoto is really meaning to demonstrate this?

I won't ever like SS or SK, but I wouldn't loathe them to the degree I do if the author could at least demonstrate some self-awareness (and have his characters do so as well) and at least play some of this stuff straight. Don't supporters of those pairings ever get tired of having to hand waive this stuff?

Still bet Sasuke doesn't know, regardless of the mother. Gotta protect his rep and all, eh Kishi?

Par for the course. This is probably pure neglect on the authors part. Naruto's character suffered from the same problem.

It's made worse by the fact, that as the situation stands, there is no obvious reason why she can't explain without using it as a chance to trash others. It sucks that her reflexive response is to protect Sasuke to such a degree she destroys property to shut Sarada up.

I'm thinking it's that Naruto mind-control technique that makes everyone perpetually stupid when it comes to Sasuke.

If it were Hinata, holding down the fort while Naruto was away, and having to deal with a sassy kid throwing her situation in her face, the fandom would be falling all over itself for her

A purely academic question. Hinata will never be put in this position.

#32 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:51 PM

You still call him "Kishimoto-sensei"? O.o I just call him Kikitten, Trollmoto, Moneymoto etc.

I may not like what he did, but I do it out of respect for what talent he originally had, Aizen-Sama. :3 I know deep down I feel a lot of ways like you too ^_~

#33 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:01 PM

Seriously.

Can people stop with all of the swearing?

#34 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:08 PM

I may not like what he did, but I do it out of respect for what talent he originally had, Aizen-Sama. :3 I know deep down I feel a lot of ways like you too ^_~

The only talent he has besides drawing ( the rest of the story was made by his editors) is retconing things in a horrible way

Edited by Nar123, 28 April 2015 - 04:08 PM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#35 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:14 PM

I don't think that the bold is fair, as the "abused woman" syndrome doesn't cast blame on the woman, but try's to examine why she might end up saying. Furthermore, no one blames the victim, the only person that recieves the blame is the abuser, and rightfully so.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#36 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:14 PM

Can retcons be good writing?

509356167_759751.gif?4

#37 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:15 PM

Y'know, it amazes me how Mashima wrote GajeelxLevy so well, considering the similar premise it has with SS or any other shoujo crap that involves the girl trying to "fix" the guy. I feel GajeelxLevy is much more realistic in this regard.

Levy gave him a chance at redemption, and Gajeel snatched it the first chance he got. Levy didn't have to do anything. It was 90% Gajeel's efforts to get to where he is now.

Edited by Codus N, 28 April 2015 - 04:18 PM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#38 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:15 PM

Can retcons be good writing?

If it causes laughing fits, yeah.

#39 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:21 PM

It's feels so wrong to me that she is being used like this, if this is Kishimoto's plan I find it disgusting to paint women like their only good at baby making for someone to revie his clan because this is excatly the type of plot I would expect out of a sexist pig not someone who has women leaders and ninjas in their story.
Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#40 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:42 PM

It's feels so wrong to me that she is being used like this, if this is Kishimoto's plan I find it disgusting to paint women like their only good at baby making for someone to revie his clan because this is excatly the type of plot I would expect out of a sexist pig not someone who has women leaders and ninjas in their story.

Yep, the only famous woman ninja : Tsunade, never got a true full fight, was regarded as the weakest sennin and was looked down on by Madara, only to be humiliated off-screen by the guy himself, life centered on Dan never truly forgot him

Mei- never got full backstory, only known characteristic being her wanting to marry *desperately*

Konan- Badass, I'm glad she died because Kishi didn't had the time to ruin her, still her life was centered on Nagato and Yahiko

So you see the famous women Kishimoto put there were for appereance only, we never got nothing on them, we didn't focus on them at all

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users