79 replies to this topic

#1 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

I'm curious for people opinions of this. If NS didn't happen in the end what do you think would feel awkward in retrospect?

It doesn't have to be manga material only, use whatever of Naruto that you can think of.

For example, as many said before, if NS doesn't happen then the moment when Naruto asks Sakura out on a date at the end of Road to Ninja would look very awkward.

What else can you guys think of?

#2 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

just saw

Slenderman on the beach, so there's nothing awkward anymore in this world.

But talking srsly awkward would be Naruto moving on from Sakura does not suit for his character, and would make canon 2 horrible pairings, with no romantic appeal or comic relief.
Cant see Naruto being dominant on a relationship does not suit for him.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 09 January 2013 - 04:04 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#3 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Jan 9 2013, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm curious for people opinions of this. If NS didn't happen in the end what do you think would feel awkward in retrospect?

It doesn't have to be manga material only, use whatever of Naruto that you can think of.

For example, as many said before, if NS doesn't happen then the moment when Naruto asks Sakura out on a date at the end of Road to Ninja would look very awkward.

What else can you guys think of?

Oh man, where do I begin? It will be awkward for not just manga, but for media. Movies constantly shows small to large NS moments, OVA 2011 will be awkward to watch, advertisements between them would come out strange, and even the anime themselves would be hard to watch. We may have here and there NH moments, but it's always play safe by always have Naruto thinking her that she has gotten strong for herself and that's it. Not only that, but a lot of them are solely Hinata's moments. As for NS, it's really an NS moment between both of them interacted and respond to each other. How am I suppose to watch Immortal Arc anime version without thinking, "these two really cares for each other." The hug won't make sense at all, Yamato's words are forever plot hole, and so on and so forth. I have never seen anime getting the wrong pairing, so in other words, Kishi will actually betray everyone, not just NS fan. I can go on, but I should eat breakfast. Excuse me. tongue.gif

#4 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Jan 9 2013, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh man, where do I begin? It will be awkward for not just manga, but for media. Movies constantly shows small to large NS moments, OVA 2011 will be awkward to watch, advertisements between them would come out strange, and even the anime themselves would be hard to watch. We may have here and there NH moments, but it's always play safe by always have Naruto thinking her that she has gotten strong for herself and that's it. Not only that, but a lot of them are solely Hinata's moments. As for NS, it's really an NS moment between both of them interacted and respond to each other. How am I suppose to watch Immortal Arc anime version without thinking, "these two really cares for each other." The hug won't make sense at all, Yamato's words are forever plot hole, and so on and so forth. I have never seen anime getting the wrong pairing, so in other words, Kishi will actually betray everyone, not just NS fan. I can go on, but I should eat breakfast. Excuse me. tongue.gif

Couldnt agree more, there would be so much akwardness that i cant even count.
Between, im having dinner now. biggrin.gif

ada_wong_signature_by_valxy-d5m0oa1.png

#5 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

It would be illogical for the story of the manga and a waste of time working with all the development, hints, moments, etc. Doing all this for nothing to come out of it !
I don't think a writer would do this to him/herself.

Edited by T XD, 09 January 2013 - 04:28 PM.

#6 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (PhenixElite @ Jan 9 2013, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Couldnt agree more, there would be so much akwardness that i cant even count.
Between, im having dinner now. biggrin.gif

Lol wow. What a time difference. laugh.gif

QUOTE (T XD @ Jan 9 2013, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would be illogical for the story of the manga and a waste of time working with all the development, hints, moments, etc. Doing all this for nothing to come out of it !
I don't think a writer would do this to him/herself.

I haven't encounter one yet. Maybe the plot and leave it open ending, but never a love interest switch. Also, I'm not counting standalone anime because they have no leader (writer), so they can practically do whatever they want in most cases (though their openings already spoil you in romance). In manga adaption, however, is the same as manga alone.

#7 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

Really, I have no words to describe how out of place and awkward that would be. Road to Ninja only would've really out of his place, not to mention the manga regarding those two.

Edited by Chatte, 09 January 2013 - 04:45 PM.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#8 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Jan 9 2013, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This.

Everything up to the point of the manga would be a huge plot hole.

You know what they should do, have the Naruto anime end in NH since the NH fans follow that and have the manga end in NS. Everyone wins. I don't watch the anime anyway.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 09 January 2013 - 04:47 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#9 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jan 9 2013, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This.

Everything up to the point of the manga would be a huge plot hole.

You know what they should do, have the Naruto anime end in NH since the NH fans follow that and have the manga end in NS. Everyone wins. I don't watch the anime anyway.

why the anime version would change the ending?
SK-303_image007.jpg

#10 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Jan 9 2013, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why the anime version would change the ending?

They changed a lot of things already with the fillers and such so why not?
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#11 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

They're in a genjutsu at the end of the anime and it goes off like that. laugh.gif

#12 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Jan 9 2013, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't encounter one yet. Maybe the plot and leave it open ending, but never a love interest switch. Also, I'm not counting standalone anime because they have no leader (writer), so they can practically do whatever they want in most cases (though their openings already spoil you in romance). In manga adaption, however, is the same as manga alone.

Me neither, I haven't encountered any writer who would do that. It's not reasonable when writing a story of a manga to have suddenly plot part changed and characters changed all of a sudden.
Of course, the readers should always make their references to the manga, the original version of a series, and not just going with the anime full of fillers.

#13 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (StriderC @ Jan 9 2013, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They're in a genjutsu at the end of the anime and it goes off like that. laugh.gif

So the bad guys win? laugh.gif

#14 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (StriderC @ Jan 9 2013, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hinata never escapes the genjutsu, and she will forever be with her dreamboy Naruto XD.jpg Then everyone is happy ^^

ontopic, the confession would be so akward. Kishi even said it was somewhat true..
If that confession had nothing more to it than what it looked like, that there was not a single drop of truth - I don't know how much of my respect her character will lose.

Edited by sushi., 10 January 2013 - 12:25 AM.

ナルサク

#15 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Jan 10 2013, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ontopic, the confession would be so akward. Kishi even said it was somewhat true..
If that confession had nothing more to it than what it looked like, that there was not a single drop of truth - I don't know how much of my respect her character will lose.

Huh? Which confession? Sakura's? What did Kishi say?
I didn;t kinda get this so that's why I asked.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#16 Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Jan 9 2013, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If NS didn't happen in the end what do you think would feel awkward in retrospect?

To me, there is really nothing in the manga that would feel awkward or like anything that would make me feel that "this moment/line/thing here shows that NS should have happened". But I have to say, if NS doesn't happen, I would wonder what that Yamato's unfinished line thingie was supposed to be about. I mean, I can understand why Kishi used that as a writer: it is clear teasing moment to NS fans, meant to keep things interesting, and a red herring. But if Sakura has never been in love with Naruto, what was Yamato going to say then?

Edited by Poison_In_Your_Coffee, 10 January 2013 - 01:30 AM.

The stars are fire.

#17 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE (Chatte @ Jan 10 2013, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Huh? Which confession? Sakura's? What did Kishi say?
I didn;t kinda get this so that's why I asked.

When I say the confession, I mean the confession. laugh.gif
I think he said "looks like she loves Sasuke, but Narruto is (romantically) close as well" and that she believed she was telling the truth or somethinh along those lines. tongue.gif

ナルサク

#18 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Jan 10 2013, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I say the confession, I mean the confession. laugh.gif
I think he said "looks like she loves Sasuke, but Narruto is (romantically) close as well" and that she believed she was telling the truth or somethinh along those lines. tongue.gif

The something along the lines is that, he then said that he was making an honest Sakura in the confession chapter but he was surprised by rthereactions of some fans that they didn't get it.

#19 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Jan 9 2013, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To me, there is really nothing in the manga that would feel awkward or like anything that would make me feel that "this moment/line/thing here shows that NS should have happened". But I have to say, if NS doesn't happen, I would wonder what that Yamato's unfinished line thingie was supposed to be about. I mean, I can understand why Kishi used that as a writer: it is clear teasing moment to NS fans, meant to keep things interesting, and a red herring. But if Sakura has never been in love with Naruto, what was Yamato going to say then?

If that line of Yamato truly wasn't meant to be a hint of romance then Kishi really, really, really, really, really will need to address that before the end.

I get what you say about red herrings, it's just a manner of opinion in the end, you're also free to have your own vision. biggrin.gif But from our perspective the amount of tease and build up NS has gotten would make it feel weird for it to look like just a red herring. From our point of view the ones with better red herring potential are NH and SS.

#20 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Jan 10 2013, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If that line of Yamato truly wasn't meant to be a hint of romance then Kishi really, really, really, really, really will need to address that before the end.

I get what you say about red herrings, it's just a manner of opinion in the end, you're also free to have your own vision. biggrin.gif But from our perspective the amount of tease and build up NS has gotten would make it feel weird for it to look like just a red herring. From our point of view the ones with better red herring potential are NH and SS.

One thing you guys should note:
Yamatos statement was a hint of romance. If we compare it with the databook, theres no way around, unless youre not sure of your feeling if its just friendship.

Not to be rude, but people who dont see the hinted romance in there are just in denial. I mean come on, yamatos grin, sakuras shocked face and the "hmpf" in the beginning if yamatos sentence. Sorry but theres no way around.

Edited by PhenixElite, 10 January 2013 - 03:02 PM.

ada_wong_signature_by_valxy-d5m0oa1.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users