• Please log in to reply
613 replies to this topic

#41 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Feb 5 2013, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hm... I can't really say why I like them so much. Perhaps it's because they remind me of some of my favorite Pokemon? (Vulpix, Ninetails, Flareon, Eevee, etc...)

I think it's awesome too. happy.gif

Yeah, I'm sure not many people expected "beans" to be my favorite word. tongue.gif We named my newest cat Beans because, when we first got him, he would fart all of the time (it was nasty). It's become my favorite word because, well, I say it all of the time when I'm playing with him. happy.gif

Sure, if you want to ask my anything at all, feel free to leave your questions on this blog. smile.gif

Ah, I see. And by curiosity, do you like Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog)
And of course, I imagine you must love Kurama XD

Hahahahahaha, and that's what happens when you eat beans 111189.gif

Alright then. I'll think of a few later, though I may save them for another time, since you're going to be very busy this week.

PS: I agree with James XD

Take care. Later

#42 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Shadow Wolf @ Feb 5 2013, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, I see. And by curiosity, do you like Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog)
And of course, I imagine you must love Kurama XD

Hahahahahaha, and that's what happens when you eat beans 111189.gif

Alright then. I'll think of a few later, though I may save them for another time, since you're going to be very busy this week.

PS: I agree with James XD

Take care. Later

Yes, I do really like Tails! He's my favorite Sonic character. smile.gif

I don't particularly like Kurama. I enjoy his dry humor, but he's not my favorite. However, I have had ideas for a fanfiction where, after his hatred is purified, he becomes a smaller, cuter, fox with nine tails that partners with Naruto (the same way that Akamaru partners with Kiba). I really like the idea of the Kyuubi in this form, rather than him being all big and scary. happy.gif

#43 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#44 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

Hi Lauren XD How's everything?

It's good to be positive, and I think that everyone should be like that, well, in a limited and logical way biggrin.gif

Speech Language Pathology has to do with Psychology, right ? and you're doing it as a minor major ?. I think it's related to Orthophony.
From what I heard, that you got to study hard and well to pass with a good grade. Don't mean to bring you down happy.gif. It was an advice XD

Have fun with your blog XD

#45 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (T XD @ Feb 5 2013, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Lauren XD How's everything?

It's good to be positive, and I think that everyone should be like that, well, in a limited and logical way biggrin.gif

Speech Language Pathology has to do with Psychology, right ? and you're doing it as a minor major ?. I think it's related to Orthophony.
From what I heard, that you got to study hard and well to pass with a good grade. Don't mean to bring you down happy.gif. It was an advice XD

Have fun with your blog XD

James - That picture is adorable. wow.png

T XD - Hello! Everything is going swell. Thank you for asking. happy.gif

I agree. Having a positive mindset leads to happiness - at least, that's what I've found. smile.gif

Yes, it partially has to do with Psychology, in that a Speech Language Pathologist will spend a lot of their time supporting clients and the families of those clients throughout any hardships that they face with the disorder. It's not the main part of the job, and there are various fields in SLP that don't require as my psychological knowledge. I am taking some Psychology courses though. I haven't decided if I want to make it a minor or not. I could also minor in Linguistics.

I believe they are related. There are many related fields in Communication Science, such as Audiology, Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Speech Language Pathology, Linguistics, so on and so forth. There is a lot of studying that goes with any of these fields. For Speech Language Pathology, I have to have a Master's Degree, spend one year working under a professional, and a clinical certificate before I can practice on my own. I don't have any problem with that though. I like school and am capable of maintaining my grades. happy.gif

The hardest part is finding the finances for six years of school. sweatdrop.gif

Edited by Slextrem, 06 February 2013 - 12:09 AM.

#46 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

We were talking the other day about Psychology... I think my professor doesn't like me much. No matter what I do in the discussion, he only ever gives me half credit. First time I didn't talk much with others, next time I didn't log on enough. Seesh, I should just live on the discussion board if this keeps up. Anyway, what are you currently learning in Psychology? I'm currently still in the basics of what is what XD

Edited by MangaReader, 06 February 2013 - 03:13 AM.

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#47 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (MangaReader @ Feb 5 2013, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We were talking the other day about Psychology... I think my professor doesn't like me much. No matter what I do in the discussion, he only ever gives me half credit. First time I didn't talk much with others, next time I didn't log on enough. Seesh, I should just live on the discussion board if this keeps up. Anyway, what are you currently learning in Psychology? I'm currently still in the basics of what is what XD

Sorry to hear about your professor. Some of them can be very picky... dry.gif
We just finished up with some of the basics, like the history of psychology and social psychology. We're going over neuropsychology now. happy.gif

Edited by Slextrem, 06 February 2013 - 04:22 AM.

#48 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Feb 6 2013, 05:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry to hear about your professor. Some of them can be very picky... dry.gif
We just finished up with some of the basics, like the history of psychology and social psychology. We're going over neuropsychology now. happy.gif

Oh well, I'll just have to keep trying till I get it right happy.gif

So! What's up?

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#49 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (MangaReader @ Feb 5 2013, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh well, I'll just have to keep trying till I get it right happy.gif

So! What's up?

If I were you, I would confront the professor about it and ask him or her what it is that he or she thinks that you're doing wrong. Sometimes, they like to pick on students. It's unfair and uncalled for, in my opinion. I had a professor like that last semester.

Oh, not too much. I just finished taking a shower and now I'm getting ready for bed. My favorite part of the day. happy.gif
How about you? smile.gif

#50 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

*Pokes head in* Is it okay for me to be here?

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#51 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Feb 6 2013, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
James - That picture is adorable. wow.png

T XD - Hello! Everything is going swell. Thank you for asking. happy.gif

I agree. Having a positive mindset leads to happiness - at least, that's what I've found. smile.gif

Yes, it partially has to do with Psychology, in that a Speech Language Pathologist will spend a lot of their time supporting clients and the families of those clients throughout any hardships that they face with the disorder. It's not the main part of the job, and there are various fields in SLP that don't require as my psychological knowledge. I am taking some Psychology courses though. I haven't decided if I want to make it a minor or not. I could also minor in Linguistics.

I believe they are related. There are many related fields in Communication Science, such as Audiology, Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Speech Language Pathology, Linguistics, so on and so forth. There is a lot of studying that goes with any of these fields. For Speech Language Pathology, I have to have a Master's Degree, spend one year working under a professional, and a clinical certificate before I can practice on my own. I don't have any problem with that though. I like school and am capable of maintaining my grades. happy.gif

The hardest part is finding the finances for six years of school. sweatdrop.gif

Yes, a pathologist has to support the client and help his/her family how to cope with him/her. It's like social support of some kind.
Well, if you're taking SLP, or anything related to psychology, you're required to take psychology courses XD, but I believe that that depends on what the university require and have as elective for each major.
If you want it to be more easier for you, I think Linguistics is easier than SLP. Saying that cause I'm majoring Psychology, so I know some things from the past two years biggrin.gif

I believe that, yes, you got to have at least a Master's degree, and a clinical certificate, but I didn't know that spending one year under a professional is needed ermm.gif
It's good that you can maintain good grades. Actually, we all need to keep maintaining good grades throughout college *sigh*

You're not the only one who has a hard time to finance for a college laugh.gif

Edited by T XD, 06 February 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#52 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Feb 6 2013, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*Pokes head in* Is it okay for me to be here?

It sure is! Everyone is welcome here! happy.gif

QUOTE (T XD @ Feb 6 2013, 07:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, a pathologist has to support the client and help his/her family how to cope with him/her. It's like social support of some kind.
Well, if you're taking SLP, or anything related to psychology, you're required to take psychology courses XD, but I believe that that depends on what the university require and have as elective for each major.
If you want it to be more easier for you, I think Linguistics is easier than SLP. Saying that cause I'm majoring Psychology, so I know some things from the past two years biggrin.gif

I believe that, yes, you got to have at least a Master's degree, and a clinical certificate, but I didn't know that spending one year under a professional is needed ermm.gif
It's good that you can maintain good grades. Actually, we all need to keep maintaining good grades throughout college *sigh*

You're not the only one who has a hard time to finance for a college laugh.gif

Oh, I know that there are required courses. That's what I'm taking right now, but there are only two required Psychology courses at the University that I'm attending. I don't need to take most of my electives either because of my transfer credits.

I've been there and done that with Linguistics. I'm not interested in the careers that would come from having a degree in that subject. My mind has been made up about this for years. I even moved out of country to specifically take the Speech Language Pathology program. smile.gif

Don't worry about it being easier on me. I'm two years into University as well, with a good understanding of what is required of me. Psychology and SLP aren't that difficult for me to understand. I have a knack for science and math. That's why I've been able to maintain a high GPA. happy.gif

Yes, it's required of all SLP graduates to work under a professional for one year's time. After that year is over, the professional decides whether or not the SLP is ready to go for their certificate. If the SLP is given to okay, then they can apply for it. If not, they have to spend another year working under a professional. Once they have the certificate, they need to maintain it by continuing their education. They're required to complete so many credit hours every three years as a way to renew their license, which can be done by either taking classes or attending conferences. smile.gif

LOL. It's the worst part about college. Too expensive!

Edited by Slextrem, 06 February 2013 - 03:19 PM.

#53 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Feb 5 2013, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, I do really like Tails! He's my favorite Sonic character. smile.gif

I don't particularly like Kurama. I enjoy his dry humor, but he's not my favorite. However, I have had ideas for a fanfiction where, after his hatred is purified, he becomes a smaller, cuter, fox with nine tails that partners with Naruto (the same way that Akamaru partners with Kiba). I really like the idea of the Kyuubi in this form, rather than him being all big and scary. happy.gif

LMAO Yet another thing we have in common. Tails was my favorite Sonic character as well. biggrin.gif I hated how he didn't get an Emerald transformation on the old Sonic games. LOL And I wanted him on Super Smash Bros Brawl.

#54 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (StriderC @ Feb 6 2013, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LMAO Yet another thing we have in common. Tails was my favorite Sonic character as well. biggrin.gif I hated how he didn't get an Emerald transformation on the old Sonic games. LOL And I wanted him on Super Smash Bros Brawl.

I would have played the crap out of Tails if he was a character on Super Smash Bros. Except they probably would have made him a difficult character to play as, just like they did with Sonic. Kirby is my best character. happy.gif

#55 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Feb 6 2013, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would have played the crap out of Tails if he was a character on Super Smash Bros. Except they probably would have made him a difficult character to play as, just like they did with Sonic. Kirby is my best character. happy.gif

I didn't like Sonic's smash ball special. It was too long, and it did too much damage. LMAO I mean, he could kill the same character twice in one go. dry.gif Kirby was alright but Zelda was the shiz! And she had a transformation. I always own with her. My top 3 characters were Zelda, Pikachu, and Snake.

Oh, if Tails was on Brawl, he'd likely be my second favorite, and I think he would of been better than Sonic. I hated how he got restricted to that clunky machine in certain games. T_T

#56 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (StriderC @ Feb 6 2013, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't like Sonic's smash ball special. It was too long, and it did too much damage. LMAO I mean, he could kill the same character twice in one go. dry.gif Kirby was alright but Zelda was the shiz! And she had a transformation. I always own with her. My top 3 characters were Zelda, Pikachu, and Snake.

Oh, if Tails was on Brawl, he'd likely be my second favorite, and I think he would of been better than Sonic. I hated how he got restricted to that clunky machine in certain games. T_T

My bests are Kirby, Toon Link, and Meta Knight. I work well with the Ice Climbers too. tongue.gif Zelda is a great character! I'm just not very good at controlling her. I work better with her as Sheik, but Andrew is better at using her than I am. That's why I never play as her. He kicks my butt every time, unless I'm playing Kirby. happy.gif

Yeah, I didn't like that either... Poor Tails. sad.gif I hope he would be better than Sonic! LOL. Sonic is so difficult to play as. I can't do it.

Edited by Slextrem, 06 February 2013 - 04:01 PM.

#57 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Feb 6 2013, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My bests are Kirby, Toon Link, and Meta Knight. I work well with the Ice Climbers too. tongue.gif Zelda is a great character! I'm just not very good at controlling her. I work better with her as Sheik, but Andrew is better at using her than I am. That's why I never play as her. He kicks my butt every time, unless I'm playing Kirby. happy.gif

Yeah, I didn't like that either... Poor Tails. sad.gif I hope he would be better than Sonic! LOL. Sonic is so difficult to play as. I can't do it.

Toon Link and Meta Knight are really good choses. I also play with Pikman from time to time. It's always fun throwing his "kids" at people. LMAO Zelda/Shiek is an epic combo, and I'm awesome with both of them. I've pretty much mastered her. ^^ OHhhhhhh, looks like i need to play Andrew to see who's the better Zelda player. cool.gif I think I'd win but who knows. lol

Sonic isn't difficult for me. I just don't like him that much on the game. I'd even go as far as calling his special too haxxed. dry.gif And I don't remember Super Sonic flying. LMAO He glided...

#58 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

Hey there Slextrem biggrin.gif good to see you decided to make a blog. Im always exited to learn more about other members here on the forums. I believe I've seen you on DA or Youtube or perhaps both XD Anyhow I just had to put my two cents in about Brawl. I can play as Sonic but he isn't my best character even though he's one of my fav characters ever!! No I make grown men cry with Bowser and Ike biggrin.gif

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#59 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

I am a bit partial to Kirby myself.

The deadly gumball.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#60 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

I've never played Brawl (don't have a wii), but I did play Melee a few times on Gamecube at gamestores. Could've stayed there all day! Loved Bowser, and Capt. Falcon. laugh.gif

I've always had a soft spot for Tails, but my favourite (since his introduction) has always been Knuckles. In the 90's he was badass, but now it seems he's become more of a background character whos the butt of most of the jokes. I hope in the future he gets some more attention and involvement in the story (the mystery of his origins make for great story material), and gets his super form back (not just reserved for hedgehogs, you know? dry.gif )

I've only heard a bit about it, but it sounds like a very interesting career choice, Lauren. Keep it up. a_thumbs.gif

I know everyone was talking about corgis and dogs before, but I just found this, and I have to say:
I WANT ONE!! --Click here to view--
Like a little teddy bear!

Edited by Quinny52, 06 February 2013 - 07:12 PM.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users