#21 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:11 PM

Looks nice... was a litle bit thrown of about in which direction I was supposed to read, but even have that if I read Dutch comics. Think this proves the fact that you take up bad habits from reading manga biggrin.gif

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#22 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:31 AM

Update. Ah, my attempts to be mangaka continue... This time I'm going for an scy-fy series. It's going to be an series about an school club with students investigation misterious activities wich they suspect to be aliens. I came up with this after rewatching the movie Signs with Mel Gibson, damn good movie, it scared me, terrified me, emotioned me, it was great. Anyway, I will try turning it an webcomic, but I can't find an really good hosting site, recomendations are welcome.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#23 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:24 AM

You have a download link to any of your series works?

Edited by Dreamer, 24 June 2011 - 06:29 AM.

#24 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (Dreamer @ Jun 24 2011, 07:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have a download link to any of your series works?

Well, not really sweatdrop.gif But I have an one shot project on deviantart made for an anime convention and it didn't turned out too good. Here is the link for it on my page on devianrart: http://tommyvercetty...allery/31005688 This new series I'm trying to make is like, my first serious atempt.

#25 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:18 PM

Oh, yeah, I finished the concept drawing of the main character of my manga: http://tommyvercetty...t.com/#/d3kffj2
There should be more soon.

#26 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:29 PM

Hello guys, nothing new, I just wanted to share another of my pieces, colored this time, it's for another of my original story projects:

http://tommyvercetty...t.com/#/d45ob5b

#27 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:35 PM

I like it--interesting design, especially the colors =)

#28 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Aug 6 2011, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like it--interesting design, especially the colors =)

Thanks, I spent quite some time working on his design, but coloring this piece was a real b*tch tough, I need to remember to never use paint ever again DX

#29 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Aug 6 2011, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks, I spent quite some time working on his design, but coloring this piece was a real b*tch tough, I need to remember to never use paint ever again DX

I can imagine; MSPaint used to be my last resort for coloring. Do you have a Photobucket account? If you do, you can color things and add effects through the editing "area". Works fairly well for me =)

#30 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Aug 7 2011, 02:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can imagine; MSPaint used to be my last resort for coloring. Do you have a Photobucket account? If you do, you can color things and add effects through the editing "area". Works fairly well for me =)

Whoa, I didn't knew about that, I'll check it out for sure! Kushina, are you sure you don't want to be my editor? Our evil minds could plot so many things when developing stories.

#31 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Aug 6 2011, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whoa, I didn't knew about that, I'll check it out for sure! Kushina, are you sure you don't want to be my editor? Our evil minds could plot so many things when developing stories.

Yeah, the editing area's pretty neat--lots of options for making nifty pictures and such. It's how I make most of my avatars and things.

Eeeh, I'm willing to offer what help I can, but I'd rather not promise anything. I'm a horribly lazy person, so I'm not sure I could be a reliable editor ^^;

#32 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Aug 7 2011, 01:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the editing area's pretty neat--lots of options for making nifty pictures and such. It's how I make most of my avatars and things.

Eeeh, I'm willing to offer what help I can, but I'd rather not promise anything. I'm a horribly lazy person, so I'm not sure I could be a reliable editor ^^;

You kidding me right? There is no one more lazy then me, when I'm supposed to be drawing my stuff I get quickly bored and start doing other things that I shoudn't XD

#33 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Aug 6 2011, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You kidding me right? There is no one more lazy then me, when I'm supposed to be drawing my stuff I get quickly bored and start doing other things that I shoudn't XD

Pssh, please. That's could be considered one of the smallest examples of my laziness rolleyes.gif

#34 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:10 PM

Ugh, I'm in quite a rage right now, what have ubisoft done to Altair?! I recentily discovered that an novel that was released not too long ago showed the events of Altair later life after the end of Assassins Creed, and...

WARNING HEAVY SPOILER BELOW!
After becoming grand master of the assassins, Altair made them reach great glory with his leadership, however, after an assassination atempt on asia that took over 10 years to aclomplished, Altair returns to find out he was overthrown of his Master position by Abbas, another assassin not as nearly competent as him, and also finds out his younger son was killed and his best friend Malik was the responsible. Once sneaking into prision, Altair reach Malik cell, to find him weak and starving, and after taking him away Malik reveals that Abbas was the one who send an assassin to kill Altair son, putting the blame on Malik, untill there was fine for me, at first I tought, "alright, is vengeance time", but when Altair went to face Abass, he gave Altair an bag containing nothing less but Malik head, and Abass demands Altair to give him the apple, and then I tought, "now is REALLY vengeance time!!!", but what Altair does? He complies, he kittening complies! The real Altair would never do that, he would go on a blind rampage and wouldn't stop untill Abass bodie was on his feet! And when he is about to give the apple to one of Abass men's, he says to Altair that they said to Altair son that his father was the one ordering his death, wich causes Altair to get furious, making him canalize his rage on the apple, that induces the henchman to stab himself to death, but in the process, he acidentally slit Altair's wife throat, and kills her, and then, when I finally think that Altair is gonna kick some serious ass, the old chump runs away! WTF??? Altair never flees, never!! Well, putting it short, Altair returns to his villa 20 years latter to reclaim his tittle with the help of Malik son and finnally kills Abass, but still, that was an very crappy development, Ubisoft, you a**holes, you just ruined Altair character, RUINED!

That was quite the rant, but I kind of understand how Kushina feels now, it sucks when the story you love so much ends with such an crappy tone. argh...

#35 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Aug 8 2011, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ugh, I'm in quite a rage right now, what have ubisoft done to Altair?! I recentily discovered that an novel that was released not too long ago showed the events of Altair later life after the end of Assassins Creed, and...

After becoming grand master of the assassins, Altair made them reach great glory with his leadership, however, after an assassination atempt on asia that took over 10 years to aclomplished, Altair returns to find out he was overthrown of his Master position by Abbas, another assassin not as nearly competent as him, and also finds out his younger son was killed and his best friend Malik was the responsible. Once sneaking into prision, Altair reach Malik cell, to find him weak and starving, and after taking him away Malik reveals that Abbas was the one who send an assassin to kill Altair son, putting the blame on Malik, untill there was fine for me, at first I tought, "alright, is vengeance time", but when Altair went to face Abass, he gave Altair an bag containing nothing less but Malik head, and Abass demands Altair to give him the apple, and then I tought, "now is REALLY vengeance time!!!", but what Altair does? He complies, he kittening complies! The real Altair would never do that, he would go on a blind rampage and wouldn't stop untill Abass bodie was on his feet! And when he is about to give the apple to one of Abass men's, he says to Altair that they said to Altair son that his father was the one ordering his death, wich causes Altair to get furious, making him canalize his rage on the apple, that induces the henchman to stab himself to death, but in the process, he acidentally slit Altair's wife throat, and kills her, and then, when I finally think that Altair is gonna kick some serious ass, the old chump runs away! WTF??? Altair never flees, never!! Well, putting it short, Altair returns to his villa 20 years latter to reclaim his tittle with the help of Malik son and finnally kills Abass, but still, that was an very crappy development, Ubisoft, you a**holes, you just ruined Altair character, RUINED!

That was quite the rant, but I kind of understand how Kushina feels now, it sucks when the story you love so much ends with such an crappy tone. argh...

I'll admit I don't follow the games closely enough to have a good grasp of Altair's character, but I do know that the plot you described sounds incredibly weak. Sorry to hear this...continuation (?) was so disappointing.

#36 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Aug 8 2011, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll admit I don't follow the games closely enough to have a good grasp of Altair's character, but I do know that the plot you described sounds incredibly weak. Sorry to hear this...continuation (?) was so disappointing.

I followed Altair character through all the game, and his biggest remarks are his straighfoward und unstopable personality, he was know for never backing away, never giving up, never let himself be intimidated by others, aways going head on untill victory was achieved. But in this novel, that is so supposed to be "canon", he is shown as somewhat weak, cowardly (for running away instead of staying an fight) and overly passive in many points. This makes Altair feels extremelly OOC, as if he was out of some bad fic. The Altair I know from the game would kill that Abass right at the moment he showed his friend head on a bag, Altair would never let an insult like this go unwansered! I understand your pain with an much clear light now Kushina, after you mentioned how your favourite shoujo manga had such an terrible ending, it really hurts to see your characters being kittened up by the autors like that.

#37 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Aug 8 2011, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You sure that this is canon material because Altair is returning in Revelations and I doubt that they would bring back a character that the audience knew the ending for.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#38 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Aug 9 2011, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You sure that this is canon material because Altair is returning in Revelations and I doubt that they would bring back a character that the audience knew the ending for.

I'm pretty sure it is, here on Altair page on the Assassins creed wiki, you can read the same thing I readed: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Alta%...Ibn-La'Ahad

Just go to the segment called "fall from grace".

#39 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Aug 8 2011, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I followed Altair character through all the game, and his biggest remarks are his straighfoward und unstopable personality, he was know for never backing away, never giving up, never let himself be intimidated by others, aways going head on untill victory was achieved. But in this novel, that is so supposed to be "canon", he is shown as somewhat weak, cowardly (for running away instead of staying an fight) and overly passive in many points. This makes Altair feels extremelly OOC, as if he was out of some bad fic. The Altair I know from the game would kill that Abass right at the moment he showed his friend head on a bag, Altair would never let an insult like this go unwansered! I understand your pain with an much clear light now Kushina, after you mentioned how your favourite shoujo manga had such an terrible ending, it really hurts to see your characters being kittened up by the autors like that.

I'm sorry to hear that you understand it now, it's one of the worst feelings.

What portion on his life is covered/touched on in the new game, do you know? Maybe--if the new game holds up his character--you can ignore the novel; pretend it's not part of canon because it's not in the games?

#40 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Aug 9 2011, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry to hear that you understand it now, it's one of the worst feelings.

What portion on his life is covered/touched on in the new game, do you know? Maybe--if the new game holds up his character--you can ignore the novel; pretend it's not part of canon because it's not in the games?

I'm not sure what part of Altair life will be shown in Revelations, but I looked for more insight regarding the novel, and I discovered that many fans are ignoring the plot complaining that is badly writen and have some inconsistences with the canon game, to put it sort, many people hated the novel, to the point of considering it non-canon. I really, really hope that the plot in revelations is different compared to the novel, so I can consider the novel nothing but delusional work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users