• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 NarutoThePromiseKeeper

NarutoThePromiseKeeper

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:RAMEN! video games, movies, anime, Naruto, NaruSaku, Drawing, Art, Manga, Animal Lover, Fan fic writing.

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

Hey everyone; Seeing as I'm having a little trouble figuring out the reactions and interactions of a certain character in my upcoming, in progress Naruto fan fic. I thought I would pop by here and ask for some friendly advice and ideas on what other Naruto fans might think.

First I better explain the basic idea of the story; I guess you could see it as an AU(Alternate Universe) in some parts. Its set after the war and the final show down between Naruto and Sasuke; Sasuke is believed to be dead, thanks to Naruto. Finally peace is able to return to the Leaf village, and everyone gets on with their lives and picks up the pieces that were left behind in the nightmare that the war had brought with it.

Of course such peace isn't going to last; Although the war was won and Sasuke was defeated(So everyone believes), the tainted former-leaf village member has left something behind that could one day follow the path that he took. Two twin boys were born to the revenge-driven Ninja that were destined to wreak destruction upon the entire Ninja world.

Though they were all unaware of the ever-growing threat that their world would eventually have to face once more; Everyone continued on with life as normal, Naruto and Sakura moved on with life together. Naruto achieved his dream of becoming Hokage, soon Sakura bore twins of her own to Naruto; Both boys, life is good and peaceful for the new family and everyone else in the entire village. But no one could ever guess of the burden that the two Uzumaki twins would have upon their shoulders, just like their father before them they would be forced to bring a halt to a new evil force; Their actions would decide the fate of the entire world.

Sorry if its not an in depth description; But honestly I can't really give TOO much away, and to understand the entire story the fan fic will have to be read once I have enough written, I'll be able to share it with everyone.

Sasuke isn't dead(obviously xD) He's fathered twin boys, and hasn't really given up on his plan to destroy the Leaf; This is when his sons come into the plan, a prophecy has been foretold that involves two sets of twins that will face off and decide the fate of the entire world, in a showdown between good and evil.

Besides having most of the story planned out and have started writing it.(Even though I still haven't thought of a title for it yet x.x) What I'm here to ask is that I'm having some serious trouble figuring out how Sasuke would interact with his sons(I can't really see him being a father in the first place, but I wanted to try writing something that would offer a challenge of some sorts) Will he be emotionless with them? Would he mistreat them during training, or would he want nothing to do with them until they're old enough to be trained? All in all would he even be fatherly to begin with? Oo; Yeah...I'm having some serious issues trying to figure this one out, and I'm not really sure how I should approach this one in my story. Naruto as a father is SO easy to write, but Sasuke is a totally different sort of thing!

I guess what I'm asking is what would all of you think he would be like? I'd be happy if anyone can offer some advice on what THEY think; I'm going to try my hardest to stay in character with Sasuke, since I don't wish to move too far out of how he acts; But seeing as this will be a new situation he would be in, its a little hard to know how he would be. Since he's never ever been a father in the manga..even though I've stayed with manga and followed it from the beginning, I've always found Sasuke a challenge to write about in my fan fics and things; But this one really takes the cake thats for sure!

So guys; even if none of you are sure yourselves, any advice will be very much appreciated! You never know I may actually be able to continue writing it thanks to all of you! ^^
Feel free to post your ideas here, I really will appreciate it greatly! ^^

#2 Madz

Madz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:48 PM

Hmm, Sasuke as a father...
Well, it would really depends on how you would want to portray your Sasuke. If you want him to be real despicable villain, hated by your readers, then you will have to build him into a ruthless father, a bit similar or even worse to how his own father was...here, intent on only training his sons to be killers who would eventually destroy Konoha. In such case, he would be very cold, a stanger to them, and would always only expect the best from his sons, not interested in their feelings or emotions, be very sparse in encouraging words and only taunt them to get stronger (try to go back to how Fugaku was...).
But if you want to have an even difficult character - the tormented sort of villain that the readers would sympathize with, like Deidara, Kisame or Nagato, then you could portray him to be more like Itachi had been to him. A bit, but not overly distant, caring in his own way and very emotional about his kids, but still expecting the best from them. Sort like sasuke himself was with his Taka team. You can see that he cared for Suigetsu and Juugo in the beginning - though we have no idea how he would have been later with them when he turned into a crazed man, cold bloodedly ramming his sword through Karin...
But personally, however he has become, I fail to see Sasuke as a kids torturing person. he woudl definitely care for his kids, though maybe he would not really know how to show it. But that's only me, many would not agree with me.

Best of luck!

#3 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:55 PM

Mad pretty well is correct. A sasuke like Fugaku wouldnt be as harsh as Mad makes him out to be, but would be a very strict parent and disciplinarian. He would enforce training and would paint the uchiha in a positive light as a betrayed clan who was betrayed by Konoha and the Senju.

A more sympathetic Sasuke would care for his sons and would put the focus on how his brother their uncle Itachi was betrayed and forced to slay the clan for Konoha, he would emphasize Duty and vengance over raw hatred.

the trickiest part would be seeing how Sasuke incorporates that rage that has driven him. Even Rage can only last so long hell look at the Hatfields and Mcoys even they eventually settled their differences. Also Sasukes kids would have to deal with the fact that the enemy konoha nins are not what their fathe rlead them to believe they are. he paints a picture of hate and when they come among them the boys see people who laugh love and protect one another.

this would be difficult for Sasuke to voercome with just venom filled hate speech about how theyre all laughing at him at Itachis expence. Eventually even the boys would look at their dad and see hes gone out of his gourd. Which is why down below I suggest making one of the NaruSaku kids a female. it would give even more incentive to break the cycle of hate as one of the kids falls in love with her and has to square the vengance hes been taught with the love hes learning about from her.

The main issue would be who gave birth to the children. given that Sasuke has only ever showed even the remotest attraction to one female (Karin) and he has pretty well for the moment put the kabosh on that by shooting a lightning bolt through figuratvely through her heart. Hed have a lot to do to make that up to her and shed be highly unlikely to just acept his apology and forgiveness right away itd take time before they moved past the "date me, hell no!!"" phase.

as an aside id suggest making Naruto and Sakuras kids fraternal twins honestly. It leaves a chance for even better interactions, and gives you a story opportunity for an enemies fall in love with one another inspite of their parents misgivings causing peace type of scenario.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#4 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (NarutoThePromiseKeeper @ Jun 26 2011, 05:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First I better explain the basic idea of the story; I guess you could see it as an AU(Alternate Universe) in some parts. Its set after the war and the final show down between Naruto and Sasuke; Sasuke is believed to be dead, thanks to Naruto. Finally peace is able to return to the Leaf village, and everyone gets on with their lives and picks up the pieces that were left behind in the nightmare that the war had brought with it.

Of course such peace isn't going to last; Although the war was won and Sasuke was defeated(So everyone believes), the tainted former-leaf village member has left something behind that could one day follow the path that he took. Two twin boys were born to the revenge-driven Ninja that were destined to wreak destruction upon the entire Ninja world.

Though they were all unaware of the ever-growing threat that their world would eventually have to face once more; Everyone continued on with life as normal, Naruto and Sakura moved on with life together. Naruto achieved his dream of becoming Hokage, soon Sakura bore twins of her own to Naruto; Both boys, life is good and peaceful for the new family and everyone else in the entire village. But no one could ever guess of the burden that the two Uzumaki twins would have upon their shoulders, just like their father before them they would be forced to bring a halt to a new evil force; Their actions would decide the fate of the entire world.

Soooo... I think you should attack it from the same point you have built Naruto and Sakura's life from: The children are a product of their life together. N/S have built their lives upon the foundation of their goals, and the children are the natural consequence of their happiness.

Sasuke's children should also be the natural consequence of his life choices. If he has lived a hard life, shunning society and working on his dastardly plan, then of course he wouldn't care one whit about the kids. But if he's managed to preserve some of his humanity, create some relationships and carve out a life for himself that he actually cares about, then he would care about the kids.

I guess what I'm saying is the kind of father Sasuke is going to be depends entirely on the type of person he turns out to be after the war. It sounds like you have good parallels between Naruto and Sasuke as far as their life paths (they both survive the war, they both retain their powers, they both have twins), so my suggestion would be to show the readers how they contrast. How has the person the Sasuke turned out to be affected him as an adult, a lover, a leader, a parent?

Sometimes if I can't quite wrap my head around where a character is going, I try out a couple of different scenarios and I can see more clearly how the character is shaping up. You might try to write some scenes with Sasuke as the good dad, and then some with him as the negligent dad. Which one rings more true to you?

Anyway, hope this helps! Let us know how you decide to tackle it!

#5 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:42 AM

I agree with catsi that your biggest challenge will be establishing why Sasuke has kids at all . Sasuke's focus is rather singular at this point. I think losing to Naruto and living (under the scenario you seem to using anyway) would likely result in further solidifying it. Even assuming the mother is a one-night stand moment of passion, raising children takes a lot of time and work. If he is actually raising them (rather than just showing up later on in their lives after someone else has raised them) then he isn't searching for more power to achieve his ambition. I have a hard time seeing the your version of Sasuke taking the time to do what is necessary to have and raise kids.

As far as Sasuke the father, well....I guess it depends on Sasuke's mentality after losing to Naruto and what his motivations are and ,really, what he has decided to do with his life at that point. Is he training them specifically to do them bad things and to finish a job he failed to complete or do they choose that path on their own, doing so because of what he tells them? I see the first version being less tolerant of failure and a lot stricter on them (and being rather relentless in pushing the Konoha sucks line) than the latter because he is training them for a purpose, not just training them in general.

Finally, I'd take the whole twin thing and dump it all together. The odds of having twins alone is low. The odds that both Naruto and Sasuke would have identical twin sons around the same time is really low. I can't see a way you can write that without it looking like a contrived plot device. The only thing that makes me hit the back button faster than seeing contrived plot devices (especially ones surrounding OC's and ones that occur early in the story) is crappy grammar. Unless your story is completely dependent on the both being identical sets of twin boys (and I see no reason why that would have to be the case) then I would, at the very least vary the children's age (and probably their gender as well; regardless of whether you intend to use romance or not).

#6 NarutoThePromiseKeeper

NarutoThePromiseKeeper

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:RAMEN! video games, movies, anime, Naruto, NaruSaku, Drawing, Art, Manga, Animal Lover, Fan fic writing.

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:52 AM

Seeing as I really don't have enough time to answer you all separately; I'll just give you all a HUGE thank you right now! I've read and re-read over your ideas and opinions and I've found them all very helpful and interesting! Creating a couple of different scenarios with Sasuke and his interactions with his kids, if a VERY good idea! I really like that one! I'll defiantly give that a shot, its better than just sitting there and staring at the blank chapter that Sasuke and his sons come into and giving myself a headache about how it should be written and how the characters need to interact with one another, or at least figure out which interaction sounds more right to me.

I've also been thinking hard on how things between Sasuke and Karin were able to workout, and how that trust was rebuilt(After all Sasuke tried to kill her, he'll have a lot of making up to do and a simple apology just isn't going to cut it!) but don't worry I believe I've worked all that part out ^^ As for Sasuke being the type of Father that would torture his kids; I actually find that a little hard to see myself Oo; Sure he's gone off his tree of late, but I can't really imagine him harming his own flesh and blood. Now that I look at it, given his own past with his family, why on earth would he want to harm his own kids?? Unless he's totally kookoo or something!
Well I had planned on giving Naruto and Sakura's twins a sister who is a couple of years older than them, now that I think about it, adding her in wouldn't be a bad idea.
I basically have the main storyline planned out a head of time, I just need to fill in a few little plot holes and things will be set! As for how stable Sasuke's mentality goes, well only I know how he will be in the story, so I'll keep that part under wraps! xD

I know I won't be able to impress everyone with the idea I've come up with; but I really think the twin idea is quite good; Well to me it is at least anyway ^^ So I'm going to stick with it; After all imagination and the Naruto universe has no limits, imagination has no boundaries! :3

If down the road, help is needed for something else during my story; Then I'll know where to come, you guys have really helped me out a lot and I really do appreciate it! I'll be sure to keep you all updated on how it all goes too! Thanks again everyone who took the time to add their thoughts and opinions! :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users