Close
Photo

Chapter 437 Cover

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Opinion (38 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you see?

1. I... I think I see something... Hm... (8 votes [21.05%])

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

2. Oh my god, I totally see it! It's so true! (8 votes [21.05%])

3. Um... So? (5 votes [13.16%])

Percentage of vote: 13.16%

4. I see it, but I don't think it means anything. Calm down. (9 votes [23.68%])

Percentage of vote: 23.68%

5. You're looking too hard :/ (8 votes [21.05%])

Vote

#1 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:25 AM

Alright, usually, I'm not into the speculation of covers and volumes; I usually leave that to the NH fans.

But Ciardha pointed out something very interesting, and I wanted to share it with you all.

Is that Sakura I see? --Click here to view--

Take a good look at the bottom left corner. There you'll see the heel of Sakura's boot, or what appears to be her boot. This says that Naruto is walking with her. It really doesn't look like it could be anything else. Study it for a good minute and you might see. Whatever it is, it's far too close to be a random passerby, and seems to be walking with him.

What does this say? Well, Ciardha said it's symbolic. Of course, it's open to interpretation, but I agree with her.

It's a very small detail, but is still kinda neat happy.gif

#2 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:32 AM

I wouldn't take the chapter covers seriously.

The Yamato speech chapter had Hinata on the front after all.

#3 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:39 AM

Like I said, just speculation.

Besides, on 297, Hinata was smiling, which reminds me of ch. 450. Not that it even matters. But it's interesting that people are claiming it was a total NaruHina chapter cover, but there's Sakura, walking right beside Naruto.

#4 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:45 AM

You can see Sakura's outline in the shadow. Duh it's her.

XD
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#5 Askia31

Askia31

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:28 AM

lol...looking too hard into it...srsly.

#6 pinkheartsyellowstars

pinkheartsyellowstars

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:36 AM

I think its Sakura.. tongue.gif
Nah.. It's indeed is Sakura! a_thumbs.gif

#7 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:38 AM

Well, doesn't mean much. But it's Sakura for sure.

#8 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:59 AM

Hmmm....it does look like her boot, but I do not know
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#9 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:12 PM

Even if it is her, it's because she's a teammate, not cuz they are taking a leisurely stroll through the park. She's even less significant in this picture than the partial appearance of Shino~

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#10 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:54 PM

I guess it could be her, but I really don't see how that can be symbolical, I mean, Sakura hangs out with Naruto very often, so... I don't think it's what you guys are thinking about.

Edited by Cupcake-chan, 21 November 2009 - 08:55 PM.

#11 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:10 PM

It is Sakura because I hardly see any other Konoha 11 plus Sai had those kind of boots besides her. And anyways covers aren't important to me. wink.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#12 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:53 PM

It's definitely Sakura. happy.gif

I think the cover just shows how often Naruto and Sakura may hang out. They're close friends and teammates (with a little spark between them), after all! If I remember correctly, there was a very... naughty fanart of the exact same cover that showed it was indeed Sakura with Naruto (and he was groping her bum as they walked along XD; ).

#13 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Nov 22 2009, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's definitely Sakura. happy.gif

I think the cover just shows how often Naruto and Sakura may hang out. They're close friends and teammates (with a little spark between them), after all! If I remember correctly, there was a very... naughty fanart of the exact same cover that showed it was indeed Sakura with Naruto (and he was groping her bum as they walked along XD; ).

heh, maybe you could track down that fanart.

Yeah, I think most likely Kishimoto was most likely foreshadowing the end of the arc where Sakura romantically embraces Naruto in front of the whole village and Hinata is again an observer who this time smiles in acceptance that Sakura- the girl Naruto has always loved, now loves Naruto.

It could possibly be a foreshadowing of Naruto and Sakura's reconciliation after this arc as two people who know they both love one another (walking alongside symbolizes equal status) But I don't put a ton of significance in it.

The color title page spreads tend to be the ones that do have significance, the one page black and white ones often have none. (And even the color ones don't always- notably the one with the cloud ninjas on one side and whats left of old Team 7 on the other. That one fooled me- I thought we might get an arc where everyone on those pages had to work together to hunt for Bee. Because, like I said, the color title page spreads usually do have some significance.

Edited by ciardha, 22 November 2009 - 05:01 PM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#14 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:07 PM

Oh my God, you people... laugh.gif
That was hilarious, really. Well, I'll tell you one thing... there is indeed symbolism in this picture, but it has nothing to do with Sakura. From where I'm standing, this is all about Hinata and her crush on Naruto. We all know it, and Kishi has proven it by having her confess her feelings for Naruto, and showing them to be strong enough for her to be willing to sacrifice her life for him. Some called that act "selfish", but from where I'm standing it would be more "selfless". On this cover, Naruto completely ignores Hinata because she never gives any effort from her side to make herself visible to him. Look at her face... isn't that enough to tell you what she's thinking? She wants to make herself known to Naruto. If she can't have his love, then at least make him notice her... that's what this chapter is about. At this point, Hinata is a character that hides, like a mouse. Her self esteem is still low, and that's what this cover means to me. She's still the same Hinata she was before, even if she's now strong enough to face her demons, she's still ruled by doubt and fear.

Don't read too much into the covers. They have never, and will never mean anything to the main manga's plot. It's just a filler picture, where Kishi can promote all his characters as he see fit. If Sakura's boot is shown walking beside Naruto, that's all it means... she walks... beside... Naruto!

#15 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:11 PM

Vyse..making a positive statement about Hinata?! FFFFFFFFFFFF argh1.png Now I have clearly seen the light. I agree completely brah.

#16 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Cupcake-chan @ Nov 21 2009, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...I mean, Sakura hangs out with Naruto very often...

I seem to remember some anti-NaruSaku people claiming that Naruto and Sakura hate each other, and never spend any time with each other if they can help it. huh.gif

#17 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:52 PM

What you don't see is Sakura and Naruto are french kissing right there in front of everyone.....just off to the left there.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#18 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Nov 22 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I seem to remember some anti-NaruSaku people claiming that Naruto and Sakura hate each other, and never spend any time with each other if they can help it. huh.gif

Yeah they do make that ridiculous argument, never mind we see them even going to Ichiraku Ramen together in part 1, the happy expressions on their faces in 311 when they see each other- and Sakura's playful flirtatious teasing about Naruto's nickname in the same chapter. (A girlfriend in a teasing flirtatious way calling her boyfriend "baka" is a very typical thing both in real life and in popular fiction too- you can see it at least as far back as Ozu's films of the later 1940's)
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#19 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:45 PM

We...are getting to exaggerated with these topics...

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#20 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Nov 23 2009, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We...are getting to exaggerated with these topics...

I think everyone is just having fun that is all.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users