31562 replies to this topic

#28881 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 05:37 PM

Sasuke and Sakura have no chemistry. They just identify with Sakura and want to bang Sasuke.

(Try) Change my mind.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#28882 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:00 PM

:headscratch: .... I've got nothing. They don't give good explanations on why Sasuke and Sakura make a good couple besides their own head canons. (just like with NH) Many that support SS SEEM TO BE under the impression that Sasuke was just being a tsundere towards Sakura. :lmao: No, seriously. :mellow:

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 July 2020 - 08:01 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28883 ree

ree

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 09:59 PM

Sasuke and Sakura have no chemistry. They just identify with Sakura and want to bang Sasuke.

(Try) Change my mind.

Also NH fans they just want to bang Hinata
It's really disgusting, grown-up people has these kinds of fetiches. I mean it's a good damn cartoon.

Edited by ree, 07 July 2020 - 10:01 PM.

#28884 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 07 July 2020 - 10:53 PM

(Try) Change my mind.

Even Sasuke himself admits this.

tumblr_inline_nzr3r1SGpT1ryh0mb_1280.png

#28885 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 07 July 2020 - 11:02 PM

People tell me; its a shounen series character development is very minimal at best. what do you expect???

Me: yeah so was Rurouni kenshin, and fullmetal Alchemist... or hell Attack on Titan is also a shounen anime/manga.

If they can take risks and develop their characters in storytelling then why couldnt Naruto??

And dont even get me started on romance being handled jeez!

Edited by LuckyChi7, 07 July 2020 - 11:04 PM.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#28886 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 11:20 PM

People tell me; its a shounen series character development is very minimal at best. what do you expect???

Me: yeah so was Rurouni kenshin, and fullmetal Alchemist... or hell Attack on Titan is also a shounen anime/manga.

If they can take risks and develop their characters in storytelling then why couldnt Naruto??

And dont even get me started on romance being handled jeez!

All it takes is to put even the tiniest little bit effort and you can could create a good story, which Naruto use to do for the most part in the first 9 to 10 years. 

He had the groundwork to at least do a decent standard love triangle with the boy likes girl, but girl likes other boy who doesn't like her, but then have the girl slowly begin to like the boy who likes her. But nope went with overrated side character loved by a certain part of the fanbase and it ruined his story in the long term.

#28887 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 07 July 2020 - 11:41 PM

All it takes is to put even the tiniest little bit effort and you can could create a good story, which Naruto use to do for the most part in the first 9 to 10 years. 

He had the groundwork to at least do a decent standard love triangle with the boy likes girl, but girl likes other boy who doesn't like her, but then have the girl slowly begin to like the boy who likes her. But nope went with overrated side character loved by a certain part of the fanbase and it ruined his story in the long term.

You know people think the romance is the thing that killed Narutos story, but it honestly wasnt. Like yeah NaruSaku being canon would've great and Id be happy for it, but does it change where the story went?

Probably not, you still have Naruto hyperventilating over Sasuke because meh friendship I cant live without him, and for the most part a pretty lackluster final arc. Orochimaru is still free to do what he wants, kabuto still runs a school for orphans... and last but not least The coolest guy ever. Also if you tell me NaruSaku Can fix all that then Im truly sorry because the truth it doesnt.

Because ultimately it would still be an advertisement for the next generation instead of an epilogue.

Edited by LuckyChi7, 07 July 2020 - 11:42 PM.

#28888 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 12:53 AM

You know people think the romance is the thing that killed Narutos story, but it honestly wasnt. Like yeah NaruSaku being canon would've great and Id be happy for it, but does it change where the story went?

Probably not, you still have Naruto hyperventilating over Sasuke because meh friendship I cant live without him, and for the most part a pretty lackluster final arc. Orochimaru is still free to do what he wants, kabuto still runs a school for orphans... and last but not least The coolest guy ever. Also if you tell me NaruSaku Can fix all that then Im truly sorry because the truth it doesnt.

Because ultimately it would still be an advertisement for the next generation instead of an epilogue.

Never really said it would fix everything but it would be a start least  for fixing characters like Sakura who doesn't end up for Sasuke as an example.

For the other stuff you have to probably redit the Kage summit for the hyperventilating, same with naruto saying coolest guy ever to something less cringy. For Kabuto and Orochimaru I can see a few things on how you can fix that. You could have for Kabuto you could ether have him die by death of redemption or just death if you keep him a bad guy, or instead of being in charge of an orphanage you have him as a war prisoner who occasional forced to help with medical ninja stuff only he knows. Orochimaru you could have him attempt to make his move in the war and die for good or possibly leave him alive as a threat for some spin off film, book or mini series if you want to go down that route.

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 08 July 2020 - 12:58 AM.

#28889 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 08 July 2020 - 02:36 AM

Never really said it would fix everything but it would be a start least  for fixing characters like Sakura who doesn't end up for Sasuke as an example.

For the other stuff you have to probably redit the Kage summit for the hyperventilating, same with naruto saying coolest guy ever to something less cringy. For Kabuto and Orochimaru I can see a few things on how you can fix that. You could have for Kabuto you could ether have him die by death of redemption or just death if you keep him a bad guy, or instead of being in charge of an orphanage you have him as a war prisoner who occasional forced to help with medical ninja stuff only he knows. Orochimaru you could have him attempt to make his move in the war and die for good or possibly leave him alive as a threat for some spin off film, book or mini series if you want to go down that route.

I understand that blue.

I'm just saying  if you just changed the pairings from NaruHina and SasuSaku to NaruSaku and SasuKarin  nothing would really change. Yes, like you said it would be good for Sakura's character no doubt. Outside of that nothing about the second half of Part 2 would change. 

Before you say anything yes, the NaruSaku moments would have a lot more validity to them because of that, and I would be  glad for sure.

But like I said realistically that doesn't massively change the rest of Part 2.  

The most you'd get is an meh 2nd half of part 2 to  like okay+ status.  It wouldn't make the second half of part 2 good, great, or amazing. Just okay+ at best.  

Edited by LuckyChi7, 08 July 2020 - 02:37 AM.

#28890 thelordofspace72

thelordofspace72

Light Paladin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 07:37 AM

The fix the story needs. It is a modification of the five kages arc and the war arc. It was the worst period in Naruto. And don't forget, Kaguya was the worst sinister I've ever seen. Everything about her is stupid.

Yes, changing the ending to narusaku will improve Sakura's character and reduce the presence of her toxic haters.

As for Sasuke, I don’t know, I don’t hate him, but I think Sai is better than him. It’s difficult for me to accept the idea of ​​Sasuke returning to them in this strange way after all the black things he did.

#28891 ree

ree

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 04:07 PM

The fix the story needs. It is a modification of the five kages arc and the war arc. It was the worst period in Naruto. And don't forget, Kaguya was the worst sinister I've ever seen. Everything about her is stupid.

Yes, changing the ending to narusaku will improve Sakura's character and reduce the presence of her toxic haters.

Totally agree. We can't say Naruto till Pain Arc was as bad as in Kages summon and war arc. I think Kishimoto had in mind end naruto around Pain arc, but the Pierrot came out and said "Hey we want this so you have to put the history in this way". And we got what we got. A really poor two arc, and I think if it wasn't Naruto probably get canceled. Because Kishimoto star to throw ideas from any place.

#28892 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 08 July 2020 - 05:31 PM

Couples who have more chemistry than NH/SS...

Me and Scarlett Johannson.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#28893 thelordofspace72

thelordofspace72

Light Paladin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:50 AM

Totally agree. We can't say Naruto till Pain Arc was as bad as in Kages summon and war arc. I think Kishimoto had in mind end naruto around Pain arc, but the Pierrot came out and said "Hey we want this so you have to put the history in this way". And we got what we got. A really poor two arc, and I think if it wasn't Naruto probably get canceled. Because Kishimoto star to throw ideas from any place.

To be honest, the five kages arc was much worse than the war arc. I think because it was the beginning of the problems. And the beginning of Naruto fall. Everyone started hating my sakura because kishi made her lie to Naruto in that stupid arc.

And when Naruto met Sasuke, they didn't fight with each other. All they did was use Rasengun and Chidori. Ah boring, is this really your best, kishimoto. Do not forget that Sasuke was the hero of this arc. Naruto did nothing during this arc and did not fight. While Sasuke fought all the kages, among them Danzo, he ended it.

Couples who have more chemistry than NH/SS...

Me and Scarlett Johannson.

I definitely agree. Any thing better than a toxic stalker ship like NH or stupid meaningless ship Like SS.

Edited by thelordofspace72, 09 July 2020 - 05:50 AM.

#28894 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:56 PM

I think that the mistake was on Kishi for having Naruto say that stupid line that he "hates people who lie to themselves". Not only did that give readers that take things at face value (of which there are many) the wrong impression about what he was questioning Sakura about, it also makes Naruto look like a damn hypocrite. Isn't Naruto the one lying to himself most of all, thinking that Sasuke would run back into his arms and they will "french kiss" :zaru: because Sasuke was being held hostage against his will? Isn't Naruto lying to himself that he wanted to save his "yaoi man candy" since Sasuke was not doing anything of his own volition and was forced into the atrocities he's commited, and that they have a "relationship" going on, despite all that?

Naruto SAYS he hates people who lie to themselves, yet is lying to himself about what his bond with Sasuke represents or is even about, so in all honesty he should be B**CH SLAPPING HIMSELF, first and foremost :th_yeah:  

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 July 2020 - 07:50 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28895 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 10:02 PM

Unfortunately Kishimoto never had the confession addressed later on what was true and what was false.

#28896 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 10:59 PM

Honestly, I feel a big part of it was the Pein arc felt like everything was wrapping up and the series was going into endgame territory. The main Akatsuki members aside from Obito were defeated, Sasuke got his revenge, Naruto was getting respect. It felt like the final showdown was around the corner.

Instead, it ended up being the 2/3's marker of the series. The series still had half of it's length at that time to go, as Kishi came up with new stuff in order to justify continuing the story.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#28897 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 10 July 2020 - 01:54 AM

Honestly, I feel a big part of it was the Pein arc felt like everything was wrapping up and the series was going into endgame territory. The main Akatsuki members aside from Obito were defeated, Sasuke got his revenge, Naruto was getting respect. It felt like the final showdown was around the corner.

Instead, it ended up being the 2/3's marker of the series. The series still had half of it's length at that time to go, as Kishi came up with new stuff in order to justify continuing the story.

I remember feeling that way around the time the pain arc ended thinking like there wasn't really much left.  

Now the idea of the Five Kage Summit  works, but it suffers heavily in the execution which is ultimately led to deep downhill spiral for the story. Granted one of the only saving graces about Naruto after Pain was the Kushina stuff...

In fact I still think a War Arc could work, but the execution was what suffered the most, and not to mention the ending itself is a whole nother issue all together.

#28898 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:54 AM

Honestly, I stated this awhile back. Masashi should had stopped Naruto after the Pain arc and should had took a break for at least a few years. Many of us who still supported the franchise would had complain about it and demanding when would it come back. And you know what, we would've appreciate that for a cohesive story instead of having this fiasco of BS on top of a pile of even more BS. 

I know some of us did a list awhile back on how the arcs needs better execution (exclude Kushina because that one was on point).

I believe I have some I can post:

The Five Kage Summit Arc changes and omissions:

1) Have Naruto directly involved! Instead of Danzo as acting Hokage, make Naruto as one. Why? Gives him better experience to not only achieve his dream but also gives him a learning opportunity on diplomacy and politics. Take out the unnecessary pathetic attempts like when he first met Ay, the Fifth Hokage, not to mention that sudden "let me be a punching bag" to Karui. Also let him be friends with Karui, Omoi, and Samui, gives him more involve to the eventual meeting with Killer Bee. It would make more sense to have him know about the upcoming 4th war directly from Madara and make him prepare for the war instead of hiding him and not knowing what was going on until the last minute. Along with Killer Bee helping him in his training on the giant turtle, Sakura, Kakashi, Yamato, Guy and Iruka, (and also maybe one of the Cloud like Samui or Omoi) would've tag along. 

2) Speaking of Danzo, I hated him and his "Oho!!! I stole all of the Uchiha's eyes and put them on my body so I can use their techniques as my own!" That was stupid as hell. He need a moveset overhaul. And I didn't care about his fight with Sasuke. I rather had him go all jealous, super petty, and power hungry against Naruto as he became "acting 6th" instead of him and started a coup against Konoha. (Not sure how will that work but it would've brought ROOT/The Foundation into play). Also change his bodyguards' names and background. I don't know why they were Aburame and Yamanaka respectfully. That was an insult towards both Ino and Shino's families. 

3) Sasuke needs reworking for a potential antagonist because of what we had witness was bunch of BS and too much switching.  Now Team Taka themselves, I'm not sure about them but have them involved but stay alert, not full grown villains. I wouldn't let Suigetsu and Jugo get captured. I can keep Karin as a Uzumaki (but not directly related to Naruto).  

4) Keep Konan alive. Have her "lose" but save and recover by her fellow Rain Ninjas.  

5) Ditch the unnecessary drama for Naruto and Sakura. Maybe it would play like this: someone heard that Sasuke will come to the Summit and kill Naruto and the rest of the Kages, since he's "acting 6th". Danzo also going to get Naruto as well for vengeance of taking the Hokage seat (as I said, I'm making him petty) and Sasuke wants to kill him as well. Team Sakura (consist of her, Sai, Kiba, and Lee) rush to warn Naruto, Kakashi and Yamato. If we want the confession scene, I would've make it a private conversation, instead of having everyone in the area knows. Definitely take out "I hate people who are lying to themselves!",  also if you want dramatic, make it a good argument for both Naruto and Sakura having their first verbal fight as a couple. (I don't know, I may need to revise this part a bit).

6) Now the Team 7 fight against Sasuke. Make it like the Ultimate Ninja Storm games (since Masashi revealed that CyberConnect2 did it way better than he could!). 

7) Keep the Killer Bee vs. Kisame fight. 

8) Awake Tsunade early. 

I' hold the The Fourth Great War changes and omissions for another time. 

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#28899 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:36 PM

I'm not sure is Naruto being Hoakge could work as he is still a genin at the time.

#28900 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 10 July 2020 - 07:31 PM

I'm not sure is Naruto being Hoakge could work as he is still a genin at the time.

It is not going to be permanent. It would've provided good character development for Naruto and boost his credibility.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users