Close
Photo

Who else switched over to BoruSara after NaruSaku got kicked to the curb?

NaruSaku BoruSara

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#61 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 05:30 PM

Ooo yeah, I didn't think about that aspect. Boruto wouldn't last two seconds if he had to fight off what Naruto had to deal with at his age.

He would have lost to randoms and Shika in the Chunin Exams if it weren't for the chakra device. If this were the old Naruto, I'd say go for it. You're a ninja so use whatever means you can to win, no matter how underhanded...but it's not...now it's just trying to play ninja while trying to act more like samurai or something with all the "fair play" and such. Heck, Naruto pretty much stopped being "ninja" a majority of the time after part one's Chunin Exams.

2e5.gif

#62 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:00 PM

He would have lost to randoms and Shika in the Chunin Exams if it weren't for the chakra device. If this were the old Naruto, I'd say go for it. You're a ninja so use whatever means you can to win, no matter how underhanded...but it's not...now it's just trying to play ninja while trying to act more like samurai or something with all the "fair play" and such. Heck, Naruto pretty much stopped being "ninja" a majority of the time after part one's Chunin Exams.

The problem is that it started to follow standard shounen battle etiquette. In other words one on one honor duels. Which combat pragmatic ninja don't really work with this mentality.

#63 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 05:44 PM

The problem is that it started to follow standard shounen battle etiquette. In other words one on one honor duels. Which combat pragmatic ninja don't really work with this mentality.

Yep. May as well have made it all samurai while the Land of Iron were ninja.

2e5.gif

#64 thelordofspace72

thelordofspace72

Light Paladin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:49 AM

It is impossible to encourage the relationship between these two. I'm sorry

Kishimoto wants through BoruSara's relationship to apologize for what he did towards narusaku fans. Because the relationship between Boroto and Sarada is almost similar to Naruto's relationship with Sakura.

but no. I will not forget the insults and bad titles that Naruhina and Sasusaku fans insulted us. Even my most friends and acquaintances have insulted me for years, all because of Kishimoto.

Kishimoto has been deceiving us for 15 years and finally changes everything as he wants and says that's what I wanted the manga readers to expect through the love triangle. It was all a surprise

Kishimoto controls the feelings of narusaku fans for years as he wants and then destroys us and then apologizes to us through the borusara relationship and then destroys us.

I'm sorry I will not forgive Kishimoto for what he does. It has made narusaku fans the worst among all the fans.

I know that the subject we're talking about is just animated on paper. But Kishimoto controls our feelings for years as he wants. This is really painful

Edited by thelordofspace72, 09 September 2017 - 07:54 AM.

#65 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:19 AM

no the worst will ALWAYS be the NH/SS shippers who try so hard to make us like their pairing and vilify us while they're at it. also itachi fans who don't shut up.

#66 thelordofspace72

thelordofspace72

Light Paladin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:54 AM

The above has no source, and cannot be proven to be true, ala conspiracy theory. It's pure fan headcanon.

To reinforce this, Kishimoto is not writing the Boruto manga, so if the new ship becomes canon, that's the new mangaka's choice. 

I don't ship BoruSara, and reserve both judgement and prediction until I've seen more material.

Analyzer Please stop bothering people, it's just freedom of expression.

One-time stop responding to anyone's words even if it's true please.

no the worst will ALWAYS be the NH/SS shippers who try so hard to make us like their pairing and vilify us while they're at it. also itachi fans who don't shut up.

You are right in all your thoughts, they do not always respect us and insist on bothering us anywhere.

Maybe they do it because they're jealous, why do not they just let us in? The ship they're promoting has been successful.

No one can make you like the canon pairings, ship what you want to ship. Never interacted much with the Itach fans. 

Analyzer I understand what you said but this does not give you the right to prevent everyone from crossing and saying what he wants.

First and last, you are not always the right one.

#67 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:29 AM

There's a push on tumblr right now from NH/SS fans to draw parallels between Burrito/Salad and NaruSaku. All these moments that were declared not romantic or development before are suddenly romantic and development for Burrito/Salad, therefore, we NaruSaku fans should be happy and ship them

My opinion on the whole topic is: I liked Naruto. I liked Sakura. I like NaruSaku. I'm not interested in fanservice that is meant to try and make me care again. If I asked for milk, I'm expecting milk, not spoiled curds stirred up a little bit to look like milk

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#68 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:17 PM

There's a push on tumblr right now from NH/SS fans to draw parallels between Burrito/Salad and NaruSaku. All these moments that were declared not romantic or development before are suddenly romantic and development for Burrito/Salad, therefore, we NaruSaku fans should be happy and ship them

My opinion on the whole topic is: I liked Naruto. I liked Sakura. I like NaruSaku. I'm not interested in fanservice that is meant to try and make me care again. If I asked for milk, I'm expecting milk, not spoiled curds stirred up a little bit to look like milk

Yeah, the latest episode apparently hinted a push at them...is it ironic that the pairing letters are BS?  XD

2e5.gif

#69 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:25 AM

So, why didn't they support NS last time, or at least acknowledge that the development exists?

Most people like NS simply because it was a natural and organic side effects of a good story telling. If it has never been developed, we probably wouldn't root for it.

Most of us have left the series (i.e. Not supporting financially anymore) when the last two final chapters were published. It's a one way ticket, whatever attempts to bring us back will never work.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#70 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:40 AM

So, why didn't they support NS last time, or at least acknowledge that the development exists?

Most people like NS simply because it was a natural and organic side effects of a good story telling. If it has never been developed, we probably wouldn't root for it.

Most of us have left the series (i.e. Not supporting financially anymore) when the last two final chapters were published. It's a one way ticket, whatever attempts to bring us back will never work.

Pretty much my thoughts.

I just don't understand the disconnect. When it's NaruSaku, it's not romantic and it's incest to even dare to think so.

When it's Burrito and Salad, it is most certainly romantic and in no way platonic or sibling like and we NaruSaku fans should therefore ship it because it's like NaruSaku.

You can't have it both ways. No matter how much they copy from NaruSaku and paste onto the Taco Bell kids, they will never be NaruSaku.

Posted Image

#71 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man, Megaman, Ace Attorney Series.

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:46 AM

It's been 4 flipping years, why, just why do we need more pairings? WHY?!?! Didn't themeselves said "Oh this was never a romance story so you can't complaint about how NH and SS has handled" Well we got the pairings that were apparently planned from the begining so why can't the romance in this franchise just die, there is no point in having Burrito and Salad become BS together, because even there are fans who hate it that (super hardocore idiot shipper Forneverworld was it?) Even he made a video complaining about ending Boruto, (I didn't watch it just saw the title and thumbnail) , if they have time to shoehorn stupid romance, use it to make a better story instead of reahashs of a once great manga and cheap drama!!!

Edited by BlackShirtGuy, 15 September 2017 - 12:48 AM.

“There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble. Monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and, monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though the have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth, I am that monster.”   -L. Lawliet

#72 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:47 AM

I'll stick with the originals, thanks. A couple moments together with a few blushes here and there won't be able to replace 15 years of development for me. I don't plan on getting bought into any of that counterfeit BS.

Besides, Boruto & Sarada is more of a hetero version of SNS imo.

#73 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:53 AM

They're certainly trying to play both the NS and SNS game. For the most part, they can keep SNS fans on board with Naruto and Sasuke sticking together. The success of the Burrito is a clear sign of that. The same can't be said for NS. They still haven't truly dared to have Naruto and Sakura teamed up like they used to be.

Posted Image

#74 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:23 AM

SNS fandom is still going strong. Yaoi fans in general tend to be really passionate, so it's smart on Kishimoto's part that he played into that type of fervor and dedication, e.g. making their children look at lot like them.

NS's original, easy-going bond now feels worlds away to me in canon. It's not so innocent as it use to be anymore, in my eyes.

#75 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:42 AM

It's a joke. They're trying to build an anime/manga that's purely built on relationships that never happened and never really had a chance of happening with Boruto. You know why NS fanfics, drawings and NS inspired couples (from my stories) do so well? It's because there's actual development between the two. With NH it's like a lively energetic person asking a zombie to marry them. As for SS I think I've seen healthier relations between ants and termites on the Discovery channel.

If they made the anime based on a NS ending, the characters would be far happier and I'm sure the "plot" of Boruto wouldn't be such a snooze fest. I haven't stopped watching Naruto, and I likely won't for quite some time. Even now it inspires most of my writing. The characters are sometimes similar, but the pairings in my works are purely alternative NS couples. In Mages of the North, it's almost identical. A spoiled rich girl falls in love with a character named Alvis, but the girl is already liked by the main character, Floris. One plot point leads to another, and you have Kathrina's (Kathrina is the lead female of the story) version of the "once in a lifetime request" she asks of Floris. A massive and intensive fight breaks out, and Floris is defeated by Alvis and rushed back to the city with severe injuries that take him entire weeks to recover from. But in this version, Kathrina sits by Floris the entire time he's recovering, beating herself up because her request nearly killed him.

Try doing that with a NH driven story. It wouldn't work. There's little to no chemistry between the two and no development to build on. Boruto will NEVER be that successful because of that one fatal flaw. The worst part is that's not even the only problem with the two characters. I get the whole Yin and Yang, but this is just ridiculous. Naruto never went out of his way to hang out with Hinata. He never openly stated he was falling for her...this stuff is kind of important Studio Perrot! You can't just build relationships out of nothing!  

#76 Catra

Catra

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:27 AM

no matter how much fanart or fanfiction NH tries they'll never be able to undo this scene
684d9ca801cada44b65489196c157534.jpg

hinata was never kushina.

#77 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:35 AM

^ Damn right. 

#78 Catra

Catra

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:02 AM

no matter what shipping fans or Masashi kishimoto says, you cannot change or erase this scene. just as much as the people who dislike the ending can't change the ending. from a non biased and critical perspective; the entire story is a mess. if you wanted to make NH happen that is perfectly fine. but develop the damn thing so its an easier pill for non shippers to swallow otherwise scenes like that is
1. a big slap in the face to us the readers.
2. saying its a "red herring" and thus a waste of our time.
3. spitting on the grave of the main characters mother.
I personally think he did a fine enough job for naruto and sakura as a developed pair and it would have been perfectly reasonable if they ended up together. He didn't even have to write/draw a chapter of them going out on a date or kissing. sad part is; all sakura had to do was let go of her childhood crush on sasuke. that's it. because look where its got her in the end. she's a miserable kittening mess. as for Hinata, once she got her trophy that was it. she became just as much of a house wife as sakura. and people are ok with this so long as their favorite couple happened. sacrificing character for what you want. don't worry they'll grow up and out of it and look back, then soon realize that this was all indeed a huge mess and could have been a lot better and i highly doubt there's ever going to be a "super" revival considering Dragonball was part of the big anime boom and there was absolutely nothing like it at the time. whats naruto going to be remembered for? being this rock with loads of potential that ended up being a dirt clod in the end.

#79 thelordofspace72

thelordofspace72

Light Paladin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:02 AM

no matter how much fanart or fanfiction NH tries they'll never be able to undo this scene
684d9ca801cada44b65489196c157534.jpg

hinata was never kushina.

that,s right

#80 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:58 PM

Gaiden wouldn't exist, but I think honestly Boruto the anime would not be much different, as the tension with the father would still exist, Himawari is more or less generic cute sister so I imagine an NS daughter would be treated the same, Sakura would be scary when angry, same friends, etc. There wouldn't be any Hyuuga episodes (Though those episodes were actually interesting!), and it'd probably be visiting Sakura's family instead there, but all in all the meat would be similiar. 

In fairness to SP, as Kishimoto made the decision, they're working with what they have. The terrible Naruto fillers are there doing, but not what happens in canon. 

I wouldn't say they don't have chemistry, though I'm not a huge fan of the dynamic. The later material does establish Naruto hanging out with Hinata, and he never openly stated it because he was oblivious about it, idiot hero and all. Hinata is definitely not Kushina though. I disagree about the development part, but I've elaborated on that much already.

Naruto hanging out with Hinata at the very end does not justify him never openly stating he changed his mind on Sakura. Hell, wasn't there even a filler episode towards the ending where Naruto claimed he would do anything for Sakura to make her happy? And it also doesn't add up to Kishimoto writing Road to Ninja himself. It doesn't matter how hard they push, they can't mask that NS was actually supposed to happen. It doesn't take anything outside of just opening your eyes and using some common sense. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NaruSaku, BoruSara

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users