I'm Worried! [Chapter 437 Spoilers]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

#41 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ Feb 28 2009, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am getting so sick and tired of all this. NEVER has some event that pissed off (or thrilled, in this case) the majority of the Naruto fandom. I have heard enough speculation/rage/joy for a lifetime! Please, just LET IT DIE. Whatever happens is out of our hands, and if the manga does go to crap, it's not the end of the world. I've went through a series that started out great and end up tanking in the end (Gundam Seed Destiny), and sometimes that's life.

Then again, after watching Meet the Spartans, everything else has looked like an Academy-Award worthy movie by comparison...

The way that I see it you should just chill, relax, and let people air out their feelings, whether they be feelings of joy/rage/speculation. It's a catharsis for some to do it, and a way to bond with others and share what they're feeling for others, so you shouldn't let yourself get so worked up about it tongue.gif

And dear gawd, I made it through the first 10 minutes of that movie before I just had to walk away >.>

#42 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:08 PM

Meh. to be honest.... I aint worried a bit. Its highly unlikely that Naruto will suddenly fall head over heels over her if she does somehow magically survive.
That being said.... even if the series defies all logical reasoning and ends up a NaruHina i'll still ship NaruSaku. (Just like how my main pairing is still NaruTema
even though there is zero chance of it actually happening tongue.gif)

#43 Shourai

Shourai

Young Esperantist

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (GoNeKr@zY @ Feb 28 2009, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Meh. to be honest.... I aint worried a bit. Its highly unlikely that Naruto will suddenly fall head over heels over her if she does somehow magically survive.
That being said.... even if the series defies all logical reasoning and ends up a NaruHina i'll still ship NaruSaku. (Just like how my main pairing is still NaruTema
even though there is zero chance of it actually happening tongue.gif)

In a shoujo manga, NaruHina would probably happen---'shy girl gets the guy she likes, even though she hardly talks to said guy' is quite common in that type of manga. Luckily, though, this isn't shoujo... It's shounen. happy.gif

Edited by Shourai, 28 February 2009 - 06:07 PM.

#44 NutMan

NutMan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:31 PM

Here's why you should not be worried:

1. We trust that Kishimoto wont end Naruto in a cliche/embarrassing way regardless of what the pairing is. The confession crap isnt gonna happen.
2. How many times has hinata appeared in part 2?
3. In how many of those appearances did she have more than a couple lines?
4. How much character/relationship building have Hinata and Naruto had?
5. How much character/relationship building have Sakura and Naruto had?
6. How many hints of NaruSaku have their been in part 2?

Answer all those questions to yourself and you wont have to worry about NaruHina. NaruHina fans hang on a couple worthless "moments" to try and prove that it will end with NaruHina.

Edited by NutMan, 28 February 2009 - 06:33 PM.

#45 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:11 AM

I actually felt sorry for Hinata. I don't actually care if Naruto and Hinata get together (I still prefer NaruSaku), but it needs development.

However, pairings should take a back seat to the actual story. Part 2 should have really been about Naruto's travels, and more development for the secondary characters. Then part 3 should have been about Naruto's return to the village, and on from there.

But that's all wishful thinking.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#46 Fallen_Angel

Fallen_Angel

Shadow Jester

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Email me to find out: a little about my interests Swimming and diving are my sports of choice, i love anime, i love movies and video games, my main hobby is writing...love it and love music<br /><br />And my new site: http://wirlescomunity.informe.com/forum/

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (NutMan @ Feb 28 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's why you should not be worried:

1. We trust that Kishimoto wont end Naruto in a cliche/embarrassing way regardless of what the pairing is. The confession crap isnt gonna happen.
2. How many times has hinata appeared in part 2?
3. In how many of those appearances did she have more than a couple lines?
4. How much character/relationship building have Hinata and Naruto had?
5. How much character/relationship building have Sakura and Naruto had?
6. How many hints of NaruSaku have their been in part 2?

Answer all those questions to yourself and you wont have to worry about NaruHina. NaruHina fans hang on a couple worthless "moments" to try and prove that it will end with NaruHina.

Why so angry? I mean worthless? it isnt WOrthless..it is like calling Hinata worthless...and on top of that what if Naruto ends up ALONE? how about that?
To some I am a Fallen Angel, to others I am the demon of oblivion, I guess the lies are finally found, What will you be on judgement day?

Life is short so best to know what you are capable of. Enjoy the Ride of life and yet keep a close eye on everyone around you. because one day, they could be your saving angel.

#47 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:10 AM

It's like asking 'Why are you getting so worked up over his opinion?'

#48 Manda

Manda

Miss LoveDoctor ❤

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Music, Drawing, Writing, Graphics, Anime &amp; Manga, Photoshop, H&amp;E, NF, Food, Ice Cream and my friends. &lt;333

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:15 AM

Pffft, I find people are just overreacting to this chapter. Just because Hinata confessed doesn't make NaruHina canon or something. :\

(wow, its been a while since I've posted here 8D;; ).

Edited by Hiromi, 01 March 2009 - 02:16 AM.

Manda. → Dana
deviantartfanfictionlivejournalmyanimelistdomain

#49 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (Kurosaki Ichigo @ Feb 28 2009, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's like asking 'Why are you getting so worked up over his opinion?'

Because his 'opinion' can be considered 'bashing' to NaruHina fans. It wasn't necessary to bring pairing fans into his assessment of the chapter. Everyone needs to just stick to the chapter at hand, and leave out any potentially offending comments from these threads.

#50 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Feb 28 2009, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because his 'opinion' can be considered 'bashing' to NaruHina fans. It wasn't necessary to bring pairing fans into his assessment of the chapter. Everyone needs to just stick to the chapter at hand, and leave out any potentially offending comments from these threads.

That's right Shauna, you tell him.
Watch it NutMan.

#51 Fallen_Angel

Fallen_Angel

Shadow Jester

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Email me to find out: a little about my interests Swimming and diving are my sports of choice, i love anime, i love movies and video games, my main hobby is writing...love it and love music<br /><br />And my new site: http://wirlescomunity.informe.com/forum/

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE (Hiromi @ Feb 28 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pffft, I find people are just overreacting to this chapter. Just because Hinata confessed doesn't make NaruHina canon or something. :\

(wow, its been a while since I've posted here 8D;; ).

Thanks for the backup Saku LOL But to say the least She is right keep it from being about NaruSaku vs NaruHIn....

For the chapter...you know my standings - She could be dead but i would be sad b/c I thought Hinata was a very intersting character and now that she confessed it just seems like she is finally growing.
To some I am a Fallen Angel, to others I am the demon of oblivion, I guess the lies are finally found, What will you be on judgement day?

Life is short so best to know what you are capable of. Enjoy the Ride of life and yet keep a close eye on everyone around you. because one day, they could be your saving angel.

#52 NutMan

NutMan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (Fallen_Angel @ Feb 28 2009, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why so angry? I mean worthless? it isnt WOrthless..it is like calling Hinata worthless...and on top of that what if Naruto ends up ALONE? how about that?

I'm not angry. Although I would say that in part 2 Hinata is kind of a worthless character because she really isn't as fleshed out as the others. Although honestly, part 2 basically overlooks everyone aside from team 7 anyway. Really, I don't care who Naruto "ends up with" if its done right. I don't think that it'll be Hinata because nothing in the entire manga would lead me to believe that, and I highly doubt that suddenly everything thats happened in the past 100+ chapters is now rendered meaningless by Hinata telling him that she loves him.

edit: Sakura Blossoms I'll be sure to keep that in mind for future posts.

Edited by NutMan, 01 March 2009 - 05:57 AM.

#53 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Feb 28 2009, 03:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kishimoto ≠ JK Rowling.

I hope.

Honestly, I didn't see Harry/Hermione as something that would happen, because I didn't see any clear-cut romantic hints between them. Whereas NaruSaku has Naruto continually showing his feelings for Sakura and asking her out on dates, while Sakura has slowly started to develop feelings beyond friendship for Naruto. Yamato and Sai going "Sakura, you really do...", and that ramen scene? We just need Haruno Sakura to figure out what's going on in her heart!

My God. Why people always compare Kishimoto and Rowling? C'mon, people. Just because they're authors, doesn't mean they have the same exact, writing style. Hell, Japanese writing are totally different than British/American writing, in terms of story.

(And I didn't see any Harry/Hermione development during my reading of the HP series. All of it, starting around Book 2 were Ron/Hermione and I accepted that, hell Harry/Ginny started in Book 2, poorly written though.)

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#54 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (Fallen_Angel @ Feb 28 2009, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
on top of that what if Naruto ends up ALONE? how about that?

He's young, not even an adult yet. If nothing romantic were to happen in Part 2, that wouldn't mean much on the whole. This is the thing about shipping that baffles me sometimes; not everyone needs to be paired up at the end of the day or even right away. Some people even toss characters together as a ship just so someone isn't "left out". This is shounen, it's not as big a deal; at least not as big a deal as fandoms can easily lead one to believe.

Edited by dl316bh, 01 March 2009 - 10:10 AM.

bd5.jpg

#55 SakuraOwnsYa

SakuraOwnsYa

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (Dormin @ Feb 27 2009, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura trying to heal Hinata, any thoughts?

I've thought about it, and I think it will happen too.

Anyway, we all should actually be happy that it wasn't Sakura who sacrificed herself (for nothing XD). I mean, it was like..

Hinata: "I'm gonna kill you!"
Pain: "No you dont!"
Hinata: "X_X"

in 5 sec. Thank god it wasn't Sakura.

You shouldn't worry too much. And it's pretty much logical that he transformed into the Foxy. Even if Tenten killed herself for him, he would have transformed. He's just angry.

Just hope he doesn't take her confession too serious. She was... ill. She thought Naruto was Kiba XD. Yeah...

Just take a chill pil and relax xd

#56 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Mar 1 2009, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My God. Why people always compare Kishimoto and Rowling? C'mon, people. Just because they're authors, doesn't mean they have the same exact, writing style. Hell, Japanese writing are totally different than British/American writing, in terms of story.

(And I didn't see any Harry/Hermione development during my reading of the HP series. All of it, starting around Book 2 were Ron/Hermione and I accepted that, hell Harry/Ginny started in Book 2, poorly written though.)

It's not that we're comparing their writing styles, Derock. We're just saying that Kish *might* pull a JK Rowling, which has become practically synonymous is any writing fandom, to mean tossing two characters that had absolutely no previous development before together with each other.

And the Harry/Hermoine comes from the fact that Hermoine was always been by Harry's side. She was the *one* person who always stood by him, never doubted him even when everyone else did, even when his supposed 'best' friend Ron doubted him, and she was there for all of his adventures through thick and thin.

Harry/Hermoine parallels Naruto/Sakura to a lot of us, in the sense that Sakura is like Hermoine, where she stands by Naruto's side no matter what, is always there for him, and believes in him like no one else.

#57 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 1 2009, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not that we're comparing their writing styles, Derock. We're just saying that Kish *might* pull a JK Rowling, which has become practically synonymous is any writing fandom, to mean tossing two characters that had absolutely no previous development before together with each other.

And the Harry/Hermoine comes from the fact that Hermoine was always been by Harry's side. She was the *one* person who always stood by him, never doubted him even when everyone else did, even when his supposed 'best' friend Ron doubted him, and she was there for all of his adventures through thick and thin.

Harry/Hermoine parallels Naruto/Sakura to a lot of us, in the sense that Sakura is like Hermoine, where she stands by Naruto's side no matter what, is always there for him, and believes in him like no one else.

Yea, but I don't think I ever saw Harry falling for Hermoine romantically...

#58 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (Kurosaki Ichigo @ Mar 1 2009, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea, but I don't think I ever saw Harry falling for Hermoine romantically...

Well, that's how you see it. Same way how NaruHina's and SasuSaku's don't see NaruSaku. Each person takes from what they read what they believe is there, and enjoys what they are reading from their own point of view. I personally never saw Harry/Ginny coming and will never see how that came about. And I don't respect Ron, as his treatment of Hermoine was no better than how Sasuke treated Sakura, yet Ron got to end up with Hermoine anyways. It's all up to how someone sees a certain pairing. I see NaruSaku, just as clearly as I saw/see Harry/Hermoine happy.gif

#59 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 1 2009, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, that's how you see it. Same way how NaruHina's and SasuSaku's don't see NaruSaku. Each person takes from what they read what they believe is there, and enjoys what they are reading from their own point of view. I personally never saw Harry/Ginny coming and will never see how that came about. And I don't respect Ron, as his treatment of Hermoine was no better than how Sasuke treated Sakura, yet Ron got to end up with Hermoine anyways. It's all up to how someone sees a certain pairing. I see NaruSaku, just as clearly as I saw/see Harry/Hermoine happy.gif

*gasp* I thought I was the only one who viewed Ron that way. >.> To me, Ron seemed a bit childish at times and not very supportive of his best friend when said friend needed some support.

But yea, what Sakura-jie said is right. Some people may see H/Hr and some people don't. I saw it along with R/Hr, though I didn't like how it was written. I couldn't even fathom that Ginny/Harry would pop up after such a big gap when they were suddenly thrown together at the end of 6th book. So comparing this, even though I don't want to, to Naruto is kinda the same. Some people saw NaruSaku (us) and others only saw SasuSaku and NaruHina (others). We're just considered lucky our choice of pairing (NaruSaku) had this much development so far compared to the other two.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#60 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:26 PM

Even if this topic is getting alittle...Off course...Ill add my 2 worthless cents XDDD

Personally, I was never a big Harry Potter shipper, I really didnt even enjoy the writing Rowling gave me anyways, but I read all of the books and as for pairings, We haft to remember, these are kids, and while I thought it seemed forced, rowling portrayed exactly how I remember high school love being. Rushed, out of the blue, and completely surprising. You meet someone you like, and BAM.

Now I know that Harry had met Ginny before, however, they didnt have a lot of screentime out of the second book until she really became a main chracter, so yeah, I could actually SEE it happening in real life.

Ron, althgouth a complete mess sometimes, acted along the lines of a jelous high schooler as well.

I didnt jump head first into the potter play as much as some people, because I didnt like the style of writing. But I think rowling did an alright job at portraying high school love, what I did NOT like however, was the epilouge.

I felt like that tied up loose ends that never needed tying, We needed that space, that creative leeway as fans to explore! That, to me, was her epic fail.

As for Narusaku rivaling Harry/Hr I just cant see it, at first, I get it, but after the second arc, Where we really see Sakura developing feelings (something I never really saw hermione doing outside of friendship for harry in the books) for naruto.

Just thought Id give my thoughts XD

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users