55 replies to this topic

#1 Rozette

Rozette

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:43 PM

I thought I'd make a thread to discuss all of the developments that happen at this year's E3.  :happy:

For those who are interested, this year's E3 will last from June 9-12. Here's the conference schedule:

Microsoft- Monday, June 9 at 9:30 a.m. PT

EA- Monday, June 9 at 12 p.m. PT

Ubisoft- Monday, June 9 at 3 p.m. PT

Sony- Monday, June 9 at 6 p.m. PT

Nintendo- Tuesday, June 10 at 9 a.m. PT

You can watch the conferences on Twitch. Here's the link: http://www.twitch.tv/twitch

So, with that said, what are you most excited for this E3? What do you hope will be announced? Discuss away!  :eager:

tumblr_mxbjasXMEh1smr913o2_500.png

There was once a hero who flew too close to the sun.

His wings of wax fell apart and he plummeted to the earth...

#2 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:58 PM

Can't wait! No exams tomorrow, so I'll be able to watch it. The Creatures are going to be there too, so I can't wait for their uploads from there! :D

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#3 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:03 AM

I'm watching the Microsoft and Nintendo one, luckily Microsoft is on spike. I want to see how Halo 5 guardians turns out. Fallout 4 is also rumored.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#4 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:03 AM

So guys from my school are going to display a game they've created... Lucky bastards

Anyway, really only focus on Nintendo because I'm not expecting many PS3 games (if any)

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#5 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:30 AM

I'm interested in all three conferences, though don't own a PS4 or WiiU yet. MS is the one i'm looking forward to the most, they've announced quite a few games early this time around which is quite odd, and they've already confirmed the Quantum Break won't be there, which is odd for a console maker to do, so i'm interested to see if they've killed all the buzz by announcing all the games early or if they have some surprises lines up.

I'm worried about Sony, the rumours surrounding the platform does't sound that great, most of the rumoured games they plan on announcing are either Indie titles or sequels to olders franchises. I'm hoping they also have managed to keep some secrets this time around.

Not sure what to expect from Nintendo, If I was a betting mand I'd say a New Zelda and first indepth look at Bayonneta 2.and maybe a new metroid.

Exactly 12 hours till it all begins.

iAnby7W.gif

#6 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:08 AM

Ok, I guess I will give my insight.

Xbox Conference - Say what you want about it but honestly, it has changed for the best and the momentum for them are high, highest of them all. As gamers know, Phil Spencer took over Xbox division and he has made great changes. By the time Titanfall releases, Xbox One was finally in the complete form, not like a beta mode that once launched. Now, it feels great. In fact, better than I wanted. It's my go to system despite well, not as strong as PS4. However, the functionally of the system is great. The snap feature works like a charm. I saw Hockey and watch WWE NXT live side-by-side. It's freaking good. Best feature on console. Now, it has upgraded greatly with Skype working in snap, more apps on the way including HBO Go and a nice twitter migration that actually want to make me want to use twitter, ability to use hard drive as storage and can make the loading faster, the GPU dev kit is sent to all developers that can make game better, new info on new games that sound really cool, especially Sunset Overdrive 8 players co-op (nice!), updates every months, all apps work without gold, $400 Xbox One, and so on. The momentum is seriously strong. They can win gamers back. Not much on fanboys, but still, this is it. They can win their trust once again.

EA Conference - Well, I can only hope for more info on Mirror's Edge 2 and maybe, just maybe, Star Wars Battlefront. Battlefield Hardline, judging by the leak, seems...cash grab. To the point if you think CoD is, this takes it to a new level. I hope I'm wrong. Mass Effect 4 can be shown. Just know the show will pondered by sports games. Nothing wrong with them, just know that they haven't change much at all. Well, here's hoping to be wrong.

Ubisoft Conference - Well if there's one thing I learned from the conference is that patience is the key. Why? Because lately, they always put a weak 40 minutes show with kids game that leads them to embarrass themselves, something that is almost out of gaming content, and so on. You do see it a lot of goofy moments from them, which makes a great comedy. Anyway, if you manage to survive that, you'll see greatness, though first you have to deal with a Assassin's Creed game. Nothing wrong, but it's a routine now. Then, the finale is the best part. Two years ago, we had Watch Dogs, which wowed the audience. Last year, we had The Division, which I can't wait the most from the company. This year, it's anyone's guess.

Sony Conference - While I know the show should be good, it feels rather toned down because of the idea that many possible games got leaked and some rather already announced games will show up just make things predictable. I mean don't get me wrong, I want to see the new Uncharted. It's just a bit baffling that this company is telling us to wait until next year. I don't want that, I want a reason why I got it on day 1. You can't tell me that Infamous Second Son is the last game and everything else is third-party. No, just no. I hope for something that hasn't announced or something. And there were leaks, so if true, that's their fault for not keeping it tight. Shockingly, Microsoft is keeping it tight, unless they have nothing to show. Anyway, the other problems are the possible showcase demos are from the third-party games. It's confirmed to see more Destiny, but seriously, two years in a row. Then there's a chance for Battlefield Hardline, Assassin's Creed, and if go by Game Informer, Far Cry 4. Four demos from third-party. Look, last year was not bad, but what saved them was the shot fired at Microsoft to the point people acted fans more so than journalists. Still, it was perfect timing, especially Microsoft shot itself to the foot with the horrendous policies. Now, they're back and better than ever, so now they have to put a great show. So far, unless there's more games for this year, no games to care a lot this year, so I have to rely on next year. But please, tell me I bought it at the right time.

Nintendo Conference - Man, the year when Smash Bros. Brawl was released was the time that I lost faith in Nintendo. That conference was so horrible. Horrible. They seriously told the world that's all folks and all games from that point forward won't be for you. And that ended with Wii Music. Really. Really! Glad that game flopped. Karma! I had to wait a year and 10 months for a good game after Mario Kart Wii. Now, here we are. I like their dedication...to 3DS. Seriously, you have a system that is like wanting to sell more. Tell me why I should get Wii U. To be honest, I feel that Smash Bros 3DS did no favor to Wii U version. In fact, I can say that it may ruin it. But here's hoping that they will surprise me. Their first party is great. But I must say, get to the program. Get a better online community. I feel like since Nintendo is behind, so is Japan. But that's not true. Still, Nintendo needs to go forward and tell the world, "We're number 1." 3DS is great, Wii U needs help and this is the time to do it.

Well, that's my thoughts. I will be back for a review. Cool part is that I can watch twitch on one side and tv on another, just in case one show shows different and/or interesting game over the other. Snap, man. Snap. It works wonder for my NS needs. :yes:

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 09 June 2014 - 07:10 AM.

#7 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:27 PM

Will be watching them all.

Hoping Xbox's conference is going to live up to the hype. Having been weaker than Playstation 4, and still being the most expensive...well theres a reason why it's the only new console I don't own. Now it seems like they're promises about Kinect shall go unfullfilled as the majority of developers have no incentive to make a conscious effort with it. I want them to do more than trot out Spencer in an indie shirt and blazer, pretending these new changes weren't made because of their slowing sales. Give the impression that it won't just be Halo, Gears and a bunch of exclusive DLC deals with EA and Activision.

Sony's conference is going to be long. It worries me, because I know they're going to spend the early portion celebrating retaking the top spot. Not that it isn't deserved, but E3 isn't time and place to talk about it. Release a statement every month with their sales numbers or something. The only mistake they've made is choosing to support PS3 so late in it's life cycle, that now they onlh have one first party game coming out this fall. This means they're going to spend time demoing 3rd party games like Destiny, AC UNITY etc. It makes sense, because that's how they're going to make it through the holidays, by offering the best versions of third party games. It's already working with Watch_Dogs. It's still frustrating though. They are going to have to announce a number of titles for next year, so that it won't have an exclusive drought again. Uncharted and Project Beast, should they release next year, might be enough to do that along with the order and any surprises they might have.

Nintendo is in an odd place, forgoing a live audience again. I remember the reveal for Twilight Princess, and the huge reaction it received. That can't happen now. Not that a bunch of people screaming in an auditorium would make more people buy a Wii U. Still, anything they can do to get fans other than Nintendo harcores to be excited about their underappreciated hardware could be worth it. Nintendo has for the most part, kept any leaks from spilling. We know a new Zelda will be present, along with Smash, Bayonetta and X. The rest is just about up in the air. Iwata is apparently unwell, so he won't be at E3. Maybe it's time he leave, I'd like to see Nintendo do a better job of gathering third party support and coming up with new IPs that include totally new characters. I think he's responsible for a lack of both.

\

#8 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

Will be watching them all.

Hoping Xbox's conference is going to live up to the hype. Having been weaker than Playstation 4, and still being the most expensive...well theres a reason why it's the only new console I don't own. Now it seems like they're promises about Kinect shall go unfullfilled as the majority of developers have no incentive to make a conscious effort with it. I want them to do more than trot out Spencer in an indie shirt and blazer, pretending these new changes weren't made because of their slowing sales. Give the impression that it won't just be Halo, Gears and a bunch of exclusive DLC deals with EA and Activision.

Sony's conference is going to be long. It worries me, because I know they're going to spend the early portion celebrating retaking the top spot. Not that it isn't deserved, but E3 isn't time and place to talk about it. Release a statement every month with their sales numbers or something. The only mistake they've made is choosing to support PS3 so late in it's life cycle, that now they onlh have one first party game coming out this fall. This means they're going to spend time demoing 3rd party games like Destiny, AC UNITY etc. It makes sense, because that's how they're going to make it through the holidays, by offering the best versions of third party games. It's already working with Watch_Dogs. It's still frustrating though. They are going to have to announce a number of titles for next year, so that it won't have an exclusive drought again. Uncharted and Project Beast, should they release next year, might be enough to do that along with the order and any surprises they might have.

Nintendo is in an odd place, forgoing a live audience again. I remember the reveal for Twilight Princess, and the huge reaction it received. That can't happen now. Not that a bunch of people screaming in an auditorium would make more people buy a Wii U. Still, anything they can do to get fans other than Nintendo harcores to be excited about their underappreciated hardware could be worth it. Nintendo has for the most part, kept any leaks from spilling. We know a new Zelda will be present, along with Smash, Bayonetta and X. The rest is just about up in the air. Iwata is apparently unwell, so he won't be at E3. Maybe it's time he leave, I'd like to see Nintendo do a better job of gathering third party support and coming up with new IPs that include totally new characters. I think he's responsible for a lack of both.

Actually the xbox one today is only $400, its a kinectless xbox one, what people have been asking for.

#9 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

I'm interested in more details about Destiny and Dying Light.

Edited by Burning_Wulf, 09 June 2014 - 04:17 PM.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#10 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

Sunset overdrive looks fun, same with evolve. But god waiting on halo 5 still as I watch the conference at this time.

#11 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

Lol, I'm volunteering with my 3rd graders right now.  A lot of the sites are blocked by the school.  First time I'm missing the conferences ever.  

#12 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:27 PM

The master chief collection! Halo1 to 4 neat. And halo 2 has the multiplayer back! And best of all, all the multiplayer of every game with every map is there!

#13 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:28 PM

W00t,   Youtube IGN isn't blocked.  Inferno, please don't double post.  Edit your previous post and add it in.

#14 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

Good conference, LOTS of games. Although if youwere planning to complain about Sony demoing third party games...Xbox just spent about 50 minutes on third party stuff.

Lots of exclusive DLC. Only one third party exclusive in Scalebound. Very surprised that was their big moneyhat, they had 3 third party exclusives last year, but only one this time.

Sunset Overdrive had an incredible teaser, hard to believe insominac made something that awesome looking.

\

#15 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

Short review: pretty fun show. I'm shocked how many games they have exclusive for this year. That halo collection is amazing steal. But yeah, third party showcase but they have backed up with their own exclusives, so it didn't feel overshadowed. So overall, they did a really good job. Oh and platinum games exclusive. I know the action and music is going to be slick.

#16 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:37 PM

Only caught the tail end with Witcher 3, the Indie games, Halo 5, Project Spark, and the new Fable.  I'm pretty impressed, from what I saw, they made up for their 2013 E3.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 09 June 2014 - 06:37 PM.

#17 Rozette

Rozette

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:40 PM

I am most excited for Nintendo's conference. Here's to hoping for more information on the upcoming Fire Emblem.. speaking of which, I hope the announce Chrom and/or Lucina as playable characters in Super Smash Bros. I also hope they announce a new Metroid or Super Mario Galaxy 3.. maybe even a new installment in the 3D Mario series. But Miyamoto did mention not to assume that the Galaxy series is over, so I'm very excited for that. Super Mario Galaxy is my favorite Mario game. 

And then there's also the hype for a new Zelda game as well as more information to be told about Pokemon Omega/Alpha.. agh, so many possibilities!  :argh:

Last but not least.. I'm really excited for more information on Kingdom Hearts 3, or so I wish. 

Edited by Rozette, 09 June 2014 - 06:41 PM.

#18 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

I am most excited for Nintendo's conference. Here's to hoping for more information on the upcoming Fire Emblem.. speaking of which, I hope the announce Chrom and/or Lucina as playable characters in Super Smash Bros. But I also hope they announce a new Metroid or Super Mario Galaxy 3.. maybe even a new installment in the 3D Mario series. But Miyamoto did mention not to assume that the Galaxy series is over, so I'm very excited for that. Super Mario Galaxy is my favorite Mario game. 

And then there's also the hype for a new Zelda game as well as more information to be told about Pokemon Omega/Alpha.. agh, so many possibilities!  :argh:

Last but not least.. I'm really excited for more information on Kingdom Hearts 3, or so I hope. 

No KH3 or FF15 on E3 this year, Squenix said.  It's probably going to be for TGS.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 09 June 2014 - 06:41 PM.

#19 Rozette

Rozette

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:55 PM

No KH3 or FF15 on E3 this year, Squenix said.  It's probably going to be for TGS.

That's pretty disappointing.  -_- Thanks for letting me know.

#20 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:31 PM

I wouldn't get my hopes up with KH3 and FFXV. KH3 might be release by December or probably early 2015, however FFXV I wouldn't be surprise if they delay the game (yet again) until 2016. After all the game has been under development since 2006, 2 more years won't hurt lol.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft, Sony, Nintendo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users