• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:19 PM

PERSONA 5.

10/10 must buy.

JUST DO IT.

Google all the reviews/ratings.

jrpg masterpiece.

Yes. Persona games have a well -earned rep for being very good RPG's. I loved 3, 4, and 4 golden. Persona 5 is even better than those. I was worried Atlus could not top themselves after 3 and 4, but they totally did. The only thing I wanted to do after I beat it was to play it again. I got to take a break though because it is a lengthy game. 

10/10. It deserves all the praise it gets. If you like JRPG's, you should get this. You will hate yourself if you don't. Hell, I hate myself for waiting two months to start playing it after I bought it (was in the middle of something else). Best game I've played in years and I've played some damn good games during that time.

#662 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:12 AM

Empire: Total War

10/10

Can't get enough of it. 

#663 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

OK, back on track (pun intended)

-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 9/10

For a game with a repeated formula like Mario Kart, this installment is arguably one of the most beautiful entries in the series. Now, with more characters from the general Nintendo franchise (Legend of Zelda, Splatoon, Animal Crossing...) and tracks from other games (both F-Zero's tracks are pretty fun to race), the game is really moving forward while keeping the core elements intact. I still find it disappointing that you can only unlock "one" "new" character in the game, but you can still unlock plenty of karts, bikes, ATVs and parts (tires and gliders) as you progress through the game. It is still annoying to survive the AI onslaught plus you need to work on a new skill in the final difficulty (now 200cc, in where you go so fast you need to learn "braking"), but overall it is a fun game.

-The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past: 9/10

Considered one of the best Legend of Zelda games, AlttP is a beautiful game considering the fact that it was released on the Super Nintendo console. The game is challenging, there are quite a few dungeons to complete and it really puts your brain to work in order to explore the game and complete the puzzles in it. It can get a bit frustrating at times, but it doesn't make the game any less enjoyable. I played it on the 3DS virtual console, but if you managed to pick a Super NES classic edition, then I will strongly advise you to play this game.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX: 9.8/10

Short childhood story ahead: When I managed to have excellent grades back in 4th grade, the rewards from my parents and one of my uncles was a Game Boy Pocket with this game. This game would cement my love for RPGs and for the Legend of Zelda franchise in general. Quite honestly, I am glad that this was the first Zelda game I ever played. There are other better Zelda games, but this one will hold a special place, due to being the first game I consciously played. Now as an adult, and playing the game completely for about the 8th time now, I appreciate it even more, for I understand the story elements and the game in general. Anyway, onto the review:

The DX version is a "colored" version of the game "The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, which was released in 1993 on the Game Boy. The DX version was released in 1998 on the game boy color with color graphics, compatibility with the game boy printer (which I feel was the unnecessary and unrewarding part of this game, hence the -2 in rating), and a new "color" dungeon, giving the game one more challenge to work with and a nice reward at the end which will remind the player of previous Zelda games if they have played it. For a game released in such an classic console, this game is one of the best games on the Game Boy Console, second only to the success of Pokemon and probably Tetris on said console.

As you progress through Link's adventure on Koholint Island (one of the few Zelda games which does not take place in Hyrule, along with a few other notable missing elements from the series), you will definitely find joy in the game as you come across the bunch of cameos from other Zelda games and even from the Mario franchise. However, this will not make you forget that the game itself is amazing for the time it was released. The dungeons have plenty of puzzles and exploration to do, as well as the overall map, plus the story has a nice twist which will leave you pondering as you progress through the game. If you have a 3DS or any Nintendo console in where you can get this game, or if you are a Zelda fan, I'd strongly advise you to get this game. It may be "short", sort of speaking (game nowadays are pretty big), but for a game of it's time, Link's Awakening is definitely one of the best games out there.

#664 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:09 AM

I've been playing Super Mario 3D Land. I have a 2DS though and it quickly became appearant that this game is meant to showcase the 3D feature of it's more expensive counterpart. Still, I find it less frustrating than the controls of the DS port of Mario 64.

Also, Dark Souls. There's just something about that game that just sucks you in and doesn't let go. Maybe it's how each step forward, no matter how small, feels earned?

Edited by RulesofNature, 04 December 2017 - 04:11 AM.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#665 Kasimir38

Kasimir38

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Rock Lee is my hero

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:54 PM

Last game I played or the latest "new" game I played?

Last game was the Sims 4. I don't really love the gameplay, but I have built many houses and created many families. Because of my lack of enthusiasm for the real gameplay, everyone is rich and immortal and has a big mansion and a career in 2 days and sometimes I plan big partys everyone attends just to let some random dude flash everyone and ruin the grand meeting. I once tried to play properly, but it ended in everyone dying because I forgot to buy a refrigerator and let them alone for about an hour. It really bothered me since I put so much effort in character creation and didn't save them, well...

Latest game I played was probably Plants vs Zombies. Don't know if that counts? :sweatdrop:

There was also SMITE, but I don't like the community so much. About the game...

It's pretty easy to understand but sometimes really unfair. Some players just log out mid - game, some are very bad and drag down the whole team. But that is a common problem with MOBA - games. I also hate kill - steals and this game is like, a paragon for kill - steals. Would rate it: 7,5-8/10 because with a good team it's real fun!

This Text was constructed automatically by EKton, the personal WEB - Robot.

- The artificial intelligence programme allows EKton to see your browsing history without judging. (Read bottom)  - It also analyzed post - data and came to the conclusion that NaruSaku is the most logical ship. Full report: NArUSA&%KU.;;;yDAta[Analysis];L=100%EKtonEKtonEKton

By shipping NaruHina you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These include being judged by EKton.

#666 RidiculouslyBored

RidiculouslyBored

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, games, literature (Harry Potter will always hold a special place in my heart), ice cream, strawberry cheesecake, sports (Tom Brady, Russell Westbrook, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant are my favorite athletes)

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:12 PM

Playing Fate Grand Order(NA) still, and I'm really sad that I couldn't get Jack. My only assassin worth talking about is Carmilla (max ascension but still...).

Waiting on Saber Wars and farming stockings for mats. Might grail Arturia to 100 but still debating.

My current waifu is Kiyohime...don't judge me!

Current rating: 8.5/10

Edited by RidiculouslyBored, 08 December 2017 - 09:13 PM.

#667 Uzumaki9000

Uzumaki9000

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Interests:Movies, drawing, painting, reading and video games.

Posted 21 February 2019 - 04:27 PM

Bully (PS4 edition) and Anniversary Edition (iOS)

10/10

Most underrated game of all time.

I like it better than Grand Theft Auto. 

#668 thelordofspace72

thelordofspace72

Light Paladin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:57 AM

The last game I played was OXENFREE.
I know it's an indie game, but everything about the game is great especially the characters and the story.
You won't believe me if I tell you I have memorized most of the dialogue.
I played it about 15 times.

9/10

Edited by thelordofspace72, 04 June 2020 - 08:57 AM.

#669 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 12:59 PM

The Last of Us part 2 5/10 I haven't play it and I won't but saw a playthrough all the way to the end- won't say spoilers just that everything is great EXCEPT for the story it's like spitting on the first game that was a true masterpiece and kitten on the characters. This is what happens when you put your political ideals on a game filled with WOKE and SJW's influences. Also there's a certain scene that has given me nightmares and I currently can't sleep at night.  :err:

Edited by Gravenimage, 19 June 2020 - 01:00 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#670 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 21 June 2020 - 08:42 PM

My hero academia one's justice finished the hero storyline, reminds me of the Naruto storm series a bit.

#671 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:11 PM

Tokyo Mirage Sessions # FE Encore. 9/10

I liked the story even though it is typical JRPG fare and the characters are cut and pace anime steroetypes. the combat was fantastic, and since I'm a sucker for Anime styple j-pop music I loved the soundtrack overall. It was just too short. I would have given it a 10/10 otherwise 

My biggesst regret is that I never got the Wii U version lol

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 July 2020 - 12:34 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#672 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 11:04 PM

Ghost of Tsushima 10/10- beautiful graphics that are breathtaking, amazing combat, great soundtrack, great mechanics, great story, great voice acting. funny thing is Last of Us 2 salty fans are giving it negative reviews lol. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#673 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 01:08 AM

Disaster Report 4 Summer of Memories for Nintendo Switch. 6/10

I didn't give it the full 10/10 because of the lack of  FXM romance. There is suggested romance with the Overbearing CEO but it becomes MOOT when you play the epilogue and HAVE to investigate his business dealings which kind of makes the night you spend with him...anti-climatic Another thing is making me have over 33 million yen and nothing to do with it. Some of the quest were pretty dumb as well and in the long run didn't make sense.The City ended was JUST awful and that ending wasn't worth it.

Overall, I loved it for a survival game and it kept me on my toes when buildings would randomly fall or the ground beneath you would cave in. The soundtrack is gorgeous as well. The game had much more potential to be something great. The FxF romance was good and I enjoyed it. The main story line was decent and could've been better.

Edited by Luna, 22 February 2021 - 01:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users