• Please log in to reply
672 replies to this topic

#1 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:31 AM

Inspired by the "Rate the last movie you watched" thread I now present to you the rate the last game you played/finished thread. It's the same idea, name the game, give it a rating and give a brief explanation as to why you rated it as such. I'll start with a game I just finished recently.

Grand Theft Auto 4 (XBox 360)-10/10
Unless Resident Evil 5 and Gears of War 2 exceed my expectations I truly do not think I'll play a better game this year than GTA4. This game provided some of the most pure fun I've ever had playing a video game in years, in fact even though I'm done with all the main missions I'm still playing until I get 100%. This game is going to set a new bar when it comes to action games and sandbox games, hell video games in general.

uc.png

#2 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:14 PM

Current XBOX 360/PS2 games in possession:

Dead or Alive 4 - 9/10

Beautiful graphics to date in the game. Tons of new moves and some brand new characters. But the game is definitely NOT suitable for beginners because of HIGH AI system. Expect your opponents perform 10+ combos and countering on you if not careful.

Naruto: Rise of a Ninja - 8/10

Great and gorgeous graphics of HUB system of the Naruto world, especially showing the entire Konoha village. Storyline begins up to the Chuunin Exams. But the game is way too short of playing. Some missions are boring. And though the fighting system is like Clash of Ninja series, characters do have AI system which some characters like Sakura will pull off devestating combos against you.

Naruto Ultmate Ninja 3 (Narutimate Hero 3) - 9/10

American version of the 2005 Japanese game. Same as the original (including the bugs which weren't fixed) but has the option of changing the voice overs from English to Japanese.

Virtua Fighter 5 Online (360 Version) - 9.5/10

Gorgeous graphics and texture added for 360 version of VF5. Updated moves which is based on the Version C of the arcade version. Hard to master though when playing a regular 360 controller.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 10/10

Can't say anything bad about the game! biggrin.gif Simply flawless and addicting. Only thing that got me is some of the characters of the previous prequels of the game didn't return.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#3 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:53 PM

RPG mayham!

Neverwinter nights 2 8/10

been bashed quite alot, although can't say the first game was any better. anyhow it's preatty much depeds what you like to play, im myself not an online player but im downloading player-crated advanture which are quite good.

Icewind dale 2 7/10

Simple D&D fun

Baldur's gate trilogy

Prolly my number one game of all time.
Like alot of other sorts of entertaiment (like naruto, for exmple), the reason I love this game so much is the characters, the story, music, action and everything else can go to hell if you don't have deep characters that you can feel somthing about them. that although they are fictional, you can't help but laugh when they laugh, cry when they cry and so forth.

And ofc

GTA 4 9/10

Yes, it's a fun, and really well made and I believe one of the best out there. but the greateset? hell no.

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#4 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:02 PM

Gta 4 (completed game Xbox 360, played a few hrs on friends Ps3 just to compare) - 8.5/10

Yes. i actually gave it a score thats less than 9.
why you ask ? coz this game while stellar in every respect.... was a disappointment to me. While i admit the story was good the ending (both of them) was a tad empty for my taste. Not to mention the Radio Stations werent as good as previous titles. the Inconsistent framerate that dips below 30 frames/second was jarring in a way that totally destroyed my suspension of disbelief. (this happened on both versions of the game so its not due to me playing on the 360. The Ps3 version was equally bad in terms of framerate.)

To be honest i actually liked San Andreas more than this game (the pc and xbox1 versions..... the ps2 original had a wierd yellow filter that almost made my eyes bleed). If you could implement the combat mechanics and Physics of Gta 4 into San Andreas i'd give that game a 10. Also.... the Multiplayer while fantastic it aint good enough to keep me coming back for months on end like COD4 ,Halo3 and Forza 2 do.

that being said. with all its flaws its still a great game that every single gamer must have in their collection regardless whether they're ps3 or 360 owners. I must admit that the game blew me over with all the minor details that rockstar implemented into this world. the water was particularly amazing what with the awesome reflection deformations and fluid physics. Also the world was teeming with life in a way unheard of in a game before. While this game could definately have been a lot more. what it still is is more than enough. BUY IT NOW!

#5 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:47 PM

Mario Kart Wii - 9/10
The best Mario Kart yet in my opinion.
Pros: The best online Nintendo has done yet, 12 players can race at once with zero lag. The additions of bikes, wheelies, and tricks I really enjoy. A ton of characters and vehicles to unlock. A lot of the new tracks are really cool, then there's 16 classic ones. Going for a perfect license (3 stars in every cup) is very challenging. The Wii Wheel isn't anything special, but it doesn't cost any extra money. It's got the same catchy music that most Mario games have.

Cons: The character models...they look pretty awful. Again, the game is pretty dominated by items, doing well in first place then getting hit by that blue shell is as frustrating as ever. Some of the characters voices are kind of annoying. Battle mode has to be played with teams.

#6 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:40 PM

Mass Effect- 7/10

The graphics were great as always by the people how made KOTOR. Personally I didn't think it was that great of a game. The story was a bit bland and, as in most cases, the dialogue was almost gag worthy. One of the only reasons I bought it was because I did enjoy playing KOTOR so I thought it might have a chance, but I admit by the time I finished the game I was a tad dissapointed.

Edited by psycho666, 13 June 2008 - 10:32 PM.

#7 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:22 AM

MLB 2K8 (XBox 360)-4/10
The most broken Baseball game I've ever played. I didn't even finish it, after a few hours of suffering through the horrible controls, uneven AI and deadpan commentary I sent the game back to the GameStop I bought it from.

uc.png

#8 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:23 AM

Grand Theft Auto (Xbox 360) - 9/10.

This is a fun game, and I like being able to choose what to do next. The only niggle I really have is that sometimes you will get a whole bunch of calls from people asking you out - even when you've already organised an activity with a friend/girlfriend!

Even after driving around Liberty City for a while, I still feel there is a lot more to discover.

Mario Kart Wii (Wii - duh XD) - 8.5/10

Don't get me wrong, this is the best online Mario Kart I have ever played. This time, races are totally won on driver skill around the track rather than cheap snaking. There are many challenges, and the rankings are great; you can even download replays of the top players to learn from them.

However, the reason for my 8.5 score is that I feel Nintendo did not properly balance the gameplay. Far too often, I have been spammed by weapons in single player. One day it got so bad I refused to play the game for a week. I suppose the increased weapons spam comes from having more karts and more weapon pickup tiles. My best friend and I prefer to play the retro tracks as they're more balanced towards driver skill.

Mass Effect (Xbox 360) - 7/10

Admittedly, I haven't finished this game. I also think that comparing it with GTA4 in the back of my mind has lowered its score even more.

I really like Bioware's games, and have hugely enjoyed the Knights of the Old Republic series and Jade Empire. However, underneath all of its polish, Mass Effect feels strangely hollow. It doesn't help that you have to fumble around searching for your mission objective at times, as the map only displays the area you are already in and there is no "checkpoint" indicator to show you which way to go.

It does have a good storyline and art direction, it just needs better execution in the gameplay department. I will certainly keep playing it, but it definitely won't dislodge GTA4 and Mario Kart as my distractions of choice.

Coming up next: Lost Winds Wii review, maybe even the Wiiware versions of Final Fantasy and Dr. Mario.

#9 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:33 AM

Final Fantasy XII: Relevant Wings (DS)-7/10
Decent game, though the whole Final Fantasy Tactics-like gameplay got on my nerves after a while.

uc.png

#10 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:39 PM

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Series- 8/10

Obviously not really a game you can compare to that of others. It is kind of hard to give it a rating since it's really just a game that you retire to when you're completely bored out of your mind or frustrated with another game, so I really can't put it in general terms. However, this is an excellent game for the stated reasons and though I've finished it several times before, Oblivion was pissing me off and I needed an ego boost. Playing it 5 hours straight sure can give you a headache though.

Edited by psycho666, 13 June 2008 - 10:33 PM.

#11 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:17 PM

Starcraft Broodwar 10/10. No matter how old it is. It's still a no.1 classic. Terran's, Protoss and Zerg. No more like in Other RTS's. The Decision is simple.

"You require more supply depots."

"I"m gonna drop my hammer, and diepense some indiscrimitive justice!"

"You must build additional pylons."

Call Of Duty 2 9/10

Great grafics, Even better music and action. Just the single player too short.

Edited by Pite, 05 June 2008 - 10:17 PM.

The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#12 PeacefulPhoenix

PeacefulPhoenix

THE PANDACAPOLYPSE SHALL BE SWIFT AND FUZZY

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:35 AM

Rayman 3 - It was a enjoyable little game, though the final boss took bloody forever, the mini games and unlockables had me re-playing areas like a madman. For it's replayable levels, a big blue dolt, and no elbows, I give this game a good 7.5/10

Heroes of Might and Magic V - The game that's kept me alive for longer than I knew, this game is simply fun as ****. I can honestly say, "WHY WON'T YOU DIE ALREADY?! AARGGGGG" in certain missions. For it's fun campaign, it's frustrating multiplayer ( WAIIITTTIINNNGGGG ) and overall graphics, I have to give this a 8/10

Final Fantasy Advance Tactics - Final Fantasy. Ivalice. Montblanc. Nuff said. 9/10

Half Life, Opposing Forces, Decay, and Blueshift - For every vortagaunt I kill, I feel kinda bad looking into the future when they're the saviors of mankind. Then I realise they're trying to kill me. Also, BEES! **** YOU! *** YOUR BEES! 10/10

#13 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:54 AM

Legend of zelda TP 8/10

Yeah I gave it an 8, but, but the game is pretty small compared to WW and to be honest, im getting tired of the old Zelda formula. they need to refrash it a little...

Plus notes, Adult link (Chain armor! a_dance.gif ) , Final boss battle is one of the greatest, and midana is one, great character, too bad we wont see her in future zelda games sad.gif

Minus: Ilia, argh, talking about a boring love intrest sleep.gif

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#14 AyaMoto74

AyaMoto74

Mrs. Darttension

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • Interests:I think you all know my hobbies XD

My hobbies include writing/ making music, writing stories, playing videogames, and chatting!

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:34 AM

Silent Hill III - 8/10 - The graphics were wonderful, the music was (I own the soundtrack!!) but some things just dragged on for too long (that's normal for silent hill though, isn't it?) I just thought how the whole first half of the game was getting home from the mall, which is like 3 subway stops away. Because you ended up going through The Mall, The Otherworld Mall, The Subway, The Sewers, The Construction Site, and The Otherworld Construction Site. Then you got home XD and then the rest of the game was getting to the Church, and even though the levels were longer, there were less in amount. I really liked it, but I unlocked everything in my first playthrough except one weapon (flamethrower) and there's only two endings unlike SH2 which had 6 tongue.gif but overall I really liked it and I think it was worthy enough for the Silent Hill series and it definitely will be one of my favorites in the long run biggrin.gif

Kiss you for lonesome folly...

#15 Lord Roy

Lord Roy

Seiyuu

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Anime

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:16 AM

Mario Kart Wii - Great game, Awesome Online, Great new Features, Balance is not so great, fairly difficult at times. Though I don't usually rate my games, I would give it a 4 for fork yuu! Not really but seriously I guess I could give it an 8... k...

#16 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:07 AM

Lol!

Tomoyo After - It's a wonderful Life 9/10.
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#17 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:13 AM

Ninja Gaiden 2 (XBox 360)-7.5/10
An often unfair difficulty, horrible camera and aging game engine bogs down this otherwise enjoyable sequel to one of the best games I played back in 2005.

uc.png

#18 kabu-chan

kabu-chan

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:24 AM

Mario Kart Wii - 9.5/10 a_dance.gif
Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, working together is success.

#19 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:52 AM

Yo Ed-kun (Or L as you now call yourself....) what difficulty were you playing
Ninja Gaiden 2 on ? Also.... have you played the original Ninja Gaiden recently ? The camera's a lot worse in the first game. It doesnt really affect me that much in 2(coz i got used to the even worse camera in the first).... I havent finished the game yet but i got just 3 levels left. i should be done by tomorrow or day after..... tongue.gif

Oh. and to not let this be an out of topic post......
"The World Ends With You" ("Its a wonderful world" in Japan) On Nintendo DS. - 9/10
Brilliant game thats just pure fun to play. It helps that its got an awesome plot and good characters too biggrin.gif While the art might put some people off the game is a gem once you get past the art. (personally i like the art style). Although controlling 2 characters on 2 different screens takes a while to master lol.
Its made by Square-Enix people.....more specifically the Kingdom Hearts Team. why have you not played it yet ? (if you own a DS that is...)

#20 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (GoNeKr@zY @ Jun 9 2008, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yo Ed-kun (Or L as you now call yourself....) what difficulty were you playing
Ninja Gaiden 2 on ? Also.... have you played the original Ninja Gaiden recently ? The camera's a lot worse in the first game. It doesnt really affect me that much in 2(coz i got used to the even worse camera in the first).... I havent finished the game yet but i got just 3 levels left. i should be done by tomorrow or day after..... tongue.gif

Path of the Warrior of course, Path of the Acolyte is for n00bs. As far as comparing the camera with that of the 1st I say the camera in 2 is way worse, it shifts around at the worst times.

Final Fantasy VI Advance (Game Boy Advance)-10/10
Simply the best Final Fantasy of all time.

uc.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users