3333 replies to this topic

#2921 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 02:38 AM

Oh My kittening God. They're even going to drag Jiraiya into this kittenfest. Not even the dead get to stay clean  :hm: 

To be fair the people sealed by the reaper death seal were supposed to experience torment for all time so I'm not sure how they got brought back. I guess kishi wrote the rules as he went

#2922 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 15 October 2019 - 02:40 AM

Mostly what i remember is her getting punched in the face by Sakura tbh  :zaru: I'm pretty sure i successfully blocked out all the other nonsense.
Oh no. I'm going to have to remember the
  Im+a+goofy+goober+yeah+put+your+toys+awa
moment. 

To be fair the people sealed by the reaper death seal were supposed to experience torment for all time so I'm not sure how they got brought back. I guess kishi wrote the rules as he went

The thing is a clusterkitten of contradictions 

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 15 October 2019 - 02:42 AM.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#2923 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 02:41 AM

What have they done?

Seems like the last Naruto the movie mixed with the time travel stuff from avengers endgame animated by sp's less talented animators

#2924 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 02:49 AM

https://youtu.be/Tvj-XnVKQI8
Apparently boruto is animated by foreign animators. Also the work life balance for animators seems pretty bad if you could even call working without bathing for weeks even a little balanced... As much as I like anime that's extreme

#2925 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 11:08 AM

Apparently Sasuke disguise is to wear a fedora.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 15 October 2019 - 11:08 AM.

#2926 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 15 October 2019 - 01:09 PM

Oh, this arc is going to crash and burn so hard.

Oh it's going crash so hard.

#2927 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 15 October 2019 - 01:12 PM

Apparently Sasuke disguise is to wear a fedora.

Really could they any more clichéd no one is going to notice Sasuke in the village when at that time he's with orochimaru.
Only way you could make this work is use mk11 logic. Since that has alternate realitys.

#2928 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 02:48 PM

To be fair Sasuke is old now :zaru: so he doesn't look the same. Although he still looks like a stereotypical Uchiha. which is why he wears the hat, because hats are magic or something. 

#2929 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 08:59 PM

According to some interview somewhere...this is apparently Kishimoto's idea that the anime team took seriously. No, he is not writing it. Just his idea.

Attached Files

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#2930 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 11:19 PM

According to some interview somewhere...this is apparently Kishimoto's idea that the anime team took seriously. No, he is not writing it. Just his idea.

Only brainless idiots will continue to watch this piece of kitten series.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#2931 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 02:36 AM

To be honest after doing so many filler arcs, as well as the fact they will continue to have to do endless filler arcs at the pace the manga goes. It is no surprise they were receptive to the idea. One, they can't have any ideas too stupid or else they will run out off filler, and two since most of the filler has just be milking Naruto nostalgia anyway; why not just go back to the time when he was popular?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 16 October 2019 - 05:42 AM.

#2932 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 03:38 PM

To be honest after doing so many filler arcs, as well as the fact they will continue to have to do endless filler arcs at the pace the manga goes. It is no surprise they were receptive to the idea. One, they can't have any ideas too stupid or else they will run out off filler, and two since most of the filler has just be milking Naruto nostalgia anyway; why not just go back to the time when he was popular?

The only issue is they better be careful with this one. If they start to kitten with the characters in the past by changing so much that the past selves are unrecognizable...then they are stepping on the original Naruto manga more than they ever did before.

Ah, who am I kidding? No one wants to remember part 1 nor do they care anymore at this point.

I just see retcons so badly done that it will make Naruto even more of a mess.

They can't let Boruto and Naruto really meet because how are you going to explain why Naruto doesn't remember any of it? Or Sakura? Or any person for that matter.

It is like that Back to the Future question.
How do the McFly's not recognize that Kalvin Klien looked like their son in the future? Like, how do they not question it? Imagine George McFly getting into an argument with their mother thinking she cheated on George to have Marty? Just saying. Same concept here.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#2933 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 05:18 PM

old!Sas Sharingan's them or something :zaru: 
Idk this BS is kinda expected at this point. 

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 16 October 2019 - 05:18 PM.

#2934 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:10 PM

The only issue is they better be careful with this one. If they start to kitten with the characters in the past by changing so much that the past selves are unrecognizable...then they are stepping on the original Naruto manga more than they ever did before.
Ah, who am I kidding? No one wants to remember part 1 nor do they care anymore at this point.
I just see retcons so badly done that it will make Naruto even more of a mess.
They can't let Boruto and Naruto really meet because how are you going to explain why Naruto doesn't remember any of it? Or Sakura? Or any person for that matter.
It is like that Back to the Future question.
How do the McFly's not recognize that Kalvin Klien looked like their son in the future? Like, how do they not question it? Imagine George McFly getting into an argument with their mother thinking she cheated on George to have Marty? Just saying. Same concept here.

By this point part 1 didn't matter thanks to the last at all. That's the thing with time travel save days of future past the movie where Logan flat out said what the future will be yes I know it was future Logan in his 70s body but still. Plus having current Sasuke in the past is a problem to since depending on when they are Sasuke is with orochimaru.

#2935 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:36 PM

sp: do I see filler?

kishimoto: i wasn't meaning to be serious

sp: FILLER MODE ACTIVATE

boruto fans: god i hate naruto filler and I complain constantly about them but i absolutely love boruto anime

Edited by totherpage95, 16 October 2019 - 08:38 PM.

#2936 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 16 October 2019 - 11:18 PM

To quote Apocalypse from X-Men:

EVERYTHING THEY'VE BUILT WILL FALL, AND FROM THE ASHES OF THEIR WORLD; WE'LL BUILD A BETTER ONE!!!!

Edited by LuckyChi7, 16 October 2019 - 11:18 PM.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#2937 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:55 AM

So their plan is to appeal to a new audience and piss off the old fans even more now at the same time.But still try more make money as Naruto did in its "heyday". Makes perfect sense to me :lmao: 

Boruto's personality isn't really anything like Sasuke. They just say that so they can pretend that he isn't just a carbon copy of Naruto but replace love idiot with arrogant jackass. Same reason they try to pretend Nail isn't just as Sasuke clone.

Also, GOD! DAMN IT! ANOTHER OF MEMBER OF KAGUYA'S CLAN IS THE VILLAIN OF THIS ARC!!! THAT IS FOUR OF THESE kittenS NOW!

Because any other interesting villain is done and killed off or is a "perfectly good angel now". What can you do?¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Phantom_999, 17 October 2019 - 11:35 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2938 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 11:07 AM

So their plan is to appeal to a new audience and piss off the old fans even more now at the same time.But still try mo make money as Naruto did in its "heyday". Makes perfect sense to me :lmao: 

Because any other interesting villain is done and killed off or is a "perfectly good angel now". What can you do?¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Their audience in Japan are kids that are just watching it on Sunday. Which is essentially Japan's equivalent of Saturday morning cartoons were in the US years ago. As well as Hinata's otaku and Sauske's fudoshi fans.

This is more what happens when you say the world is more or less at peace, as well as not allowing the new cast to fight on their own instead of having the world strongest warriors constantly in spiting distance. You can't have that many conflicts or organizations rise up, since why would they when world peace is at hand, and even if you do how they even hope to stand up to either Naruto or Sasuke? So, they have to constantly bring in the only force that is a threat to either of them; Kaguya's clan. However they are so strong it ruins any growth Boruto could have power-wise. Since, either he in the background barely able to do anything; which makes the audience wonder why he is even the main character? Or he is fighting them on some level which leads to a question of how a child of twelve is fighting what is basically god level being in this world. This also means that he can also no longer fight anyone else but them since how can anyone measure up to a god in terms of threat level?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 17 October 2019 - 03:20 PM.

#2939 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 11:55 AM

You put your foot in your mouth when explaining something, then to  try justify it, you swallow your "other foot"/ That perfectly sums up this scenario with the "next gen project's" writing. The saving grace of the series for the original fans that still call it "good" is not even a saving grace, (NaruHina romance is dead, and not given focus) the plot is given a retcon every every 2 episodes to undo the very foundation of the manga's story just to SUIT the preference of whoever is writing it at this given moment and justify that NaruHina and SasuSaku are SOULMATES, Boruto is a wangsty, spoiled, boring brat that has his "powers handed to him on a silver platter with goldware to boot", the fights are not interesting, The shock value scene that they ATTEMTPTED to draw readers in with Konoha destroyed and Kawaki's claim of Naruto's death and him and Boruto having a "kill or be killed" fight is moving at a snail's pace to get to that point with Kawaki being a more recent presence in the series and that is a few years down the line story time wise to get there. etc. Need I say more? :confused:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2940 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 03:46 PM

So, I still get Boruto "news" stories recommended to me. Apparently, the first episode of this arc the set up before the time travel had Naruto say that Bolt needs to act like an adult and he behaved better when he was young. So, in my mind, this comes off to me that SP is trying to deal with some complaints about how Boruto is brattier than Naruto by showing "no, Naruto was clearly worse." Or they had so little ideas for this stupid story this could only thing they could up with.

This now means I must actually give props to the manga; at least there is progress. The Boruto Movie/Chunin exam what ever one wants to call it is suppose to be a critical point in the relationship of Father and Son. For Boruto, he finally starts to respect his father again and starts taking his role as a ninja seriously; ie stop kittening about his father nonstop and stop behaving like a brat the entire time. For Naruto, he becomes impress how far Boruto has grown, though he still see the kid needing work, and it reignites him to start spending time with his family again. We see this in the Ao arc and in the Nail arc. Though Bolt can never stop whining and grumbling entirely. Here. In the anime. Clearly that event did nothing for them, apparently, if for the anniversary arc they are going to be doing this kitten.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 17 October 2019 - 10:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users