44 replies to this topic

#21 Daidoji_Tangen

Daidoji_Tangen

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:58 AM

I would calm down. Sakura's previous actions make no sense if she is serious. Why would she give a "love confession" to Naruto and only when he rejected her, does she try to go after Sasuke? I think it is pretty obvious that she is just trying to get close enough to take him out when he's not looking. She knows she cannot win in straight up fight (sure Sakura is strong and Sasuke is pretty worn, but the Sharingan is still ridiculously powerful). I am less bothered by this than the "confession" from before which seemed too strained and unreal (hence, why Naruto rejected it).

I do not see it lasting past next week unless Kishimoto decides to drag it out and have Naruto join the party (before Sakura or Sasuke turn on the other).

I thought it was a good chapter. It was also nice a character I liked did not die (quite the opposite, Karin is alive enough for Sasuke to finish her off, fortunately interrupted by Sakura), unlike the other frickin' two SJ mangas I read this week.

EDIT: Grammar, clarification, and erasing so many "honestly"'s

Edited by Daidoji_Tangen, 11 February 2010 - 05:07 AM.

#22 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:16 AM

what good will come from this?

simple the very confrontation ive been saying that Sakura needs to have with Sasuke since the day Naruto henged into Sasuke and made Sakuras dream come true.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#23 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (Saku-chan @ Feb 10 2010, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. It's taking on literary characteristics by becoming a framework story.

Although he could be planning to make it a framework story, I'm not super confident in Kishimoto's writing abilities, I think he did this on accident. a_thumbs.gif

JLHza2T.png

#24 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Feb 11 2010, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although he could be planning to make it a framework story, I'm not super confident in Kishimoto's writing abilities, I think he did this on accident. a_thumbs.gif

How do you 'accidentally' create and write your own story? huh.gif

#25 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:15 AM

Ok I'll admit I was a bit harsh but come on I can't be the only one who was even a little miffed when they read this Chapter.

uc.png

#26 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:36 AM

I know you are pissed FullmetalNinjaED, but remember this is just like Kishimoto to do this kind of thing.

He is simply tugging on the ropes of the pairing war. He knows he controls the outcome of the winners of this war and possibly is even laughing at how stupid blind gun-ho some of us can be to this faith.

This can be a true test to shippers in which the ones who actually believe are tested to see who are the true believers.

As we know, Kishi is so good at throwing twist and turns that sometimes we wind up upside down until we soon realize that everything he did was either smoke and mirrors or not what it looks like. Sometimes, he critically makes it look like one thing when really he is meaning another.

Until the final word is final, anything and everything can happen.

So take a deep breath and wait. I know the frustration all to well, but we would look like bigger fools in getting angry over something that wasn't true.

Wait til the final word, then you can either be thankful or angry.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#27 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:17 AM

Yea, remember not too long ago when Sai told Sakura about Naruto's devotion to her and then we saw she was going to go confess to him?
A lot of NSers were claiming cannon and the other ships panicked.

Same thing happened when Hinata confessed, except the shippers swapped places.

And now we have S/S calling it cannon snd some of ours panicked.

Well Hinata was healed but she contently watched with the other as Sakura hugged Naruto and that was it.

Then we saw Sakura's confession and it didn't work out at all the way we thought it would.

And so now the current predicament. I think once again it wont be as it seems.

Edited by Mik3, 11 February 2010 - 09:18 AM.

\

#28 dracopoi

dracopoi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (FullmetalNinjaED @ Feb 11 2010, 06:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok I'll admit I was a bit harsh but come on I can't be the only one who was even a little miffed when they read this Chapter.

You're not alone. I can say that after I read the chapter, I was distractedfor the rest of the day, but I also figured there's something more going on as Sakura did wonder if that really is Sasuke as she said he seems like a different person. Completely missed that she didn't think "Sasuke-kun" though...

#29 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:48 PM

hey, think about how kishi writes. his storylines always consists of going from one fandom to the other. He went from Hinata's confession to sakura hugs to sakura's confession, to sakura's possible fake confession, to 2010 interview, and now sasuke it's turn. think about all the times we've freaked out cuz of kishi's writing...he just goes in circles pleasing every fandom. He can't always be pissing off every reader he's got. So chill out, we've all been through this freak out, but after awhile u learn to just keep reading. This has happened so often in the past.

#30 19maria9

19maria9

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Reading, science, anime, the usual nerdy things.

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:03 AM

[/font][font="Arial Black"]
QUOTE (FullmetalNinjaED @ Feb 10 2010, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have defended Kishimoto for ALOT of the retarded **** he has written/drawn in the last 2 years but I just can't take it anymore especially after this week's Chapter. I don't know about the rest of you but if Sakura is for real and this isn't just some hoax she's putting on so she can bring Sasuke down I'm ****ing done with Naruto. I'll sell everything I own all the Manga books, DVDs, Video Games, T-Shirts, Headbands, etc. and never read another Chapter. I don't care what will happen in the story or to the characters afterwards Sakura's character derailment (again if it isn't a hoax) will be the final straw for me.

I agree. 100%.

#31 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:07 AM

Here is some sage wisdom from an oldguy on teh internets. Stop reading it as a shipper and just read it a as a shonen/manga fan. Once you do all that, the water slides right off your back.

#32 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (FullmetalNinjaED @ Feb 10 2010, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have defended Kishimoto for ALOT of the retarded **** he has written/drawn in the last 2 years but I just can't take it anymore especially after this week's Chapter. I don't know about the rest of you but if Sakura is for real and this isn't just some hoax she's putting on so she can bring Sasuke down I'm ****ing done with Naruto. I'll sell everything I own all the Manga books, DVDs, Video Games, T-Shirts, Headbands, etc. and never read another Chapter. I don't care what will happen in the story or to the characters afterwards Sakura's character derailment (again if it isn't a hoax) will be the final straw for me.

I agree. However, she needs to at least give us a hint beforehand that she's planning on a façade, and that this is all a huge set-up to get back at him. We can only hope Kishimoto can swallow his ego and at least allow that in his story. Hey, I'd allow it. The story has gone on for long enough and he's made some huge mistakes lately; time to wrap this up before this gets to be InuYasha.

#33 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (FullmetalNinjaED @ Feb 11 2010, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shares a beer with ya. biggrin.gif I felt the same, on a side note it felt like all three of the top Mangaka's trolled us this week.

I'll read a couple more chapters and see how things go before deciding if Kishi is a genius for our pairing or a absolute loser that should of been shoved out of WSJ along time.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 12 February 2010 - 12:26 AM.

#34 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Feb 10 2010, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do you 'accidentally' create and write your own story? huh.gif

He's writing the story but I'm not sure he's intentionally creating a framework story. It's possible we are over analyzing the literary structure of the story, or he could just be doing it on purpose. biggrin.gif

JLHza2T.png

#35 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:06 PM

See, everythings fine buddy.
\

#36 Prime

Prime

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (FullmetalNinjaED @ Feb 11 2010, 07:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the word you were looking for is obsessed.

#37 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:14 PM

Read the new spoilers, it's okay now tongue.gif

#38 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Feb 16 2010, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Read the new spoilers, it's okay now tongue.gif

Oh yes it is, most definitely happy.gif

Edited by silverserenity, 16 February 2010 - 06:51 PM.

#39 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:53 PM

big help

#40 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (FullmetalNinjaED @ Feb 11 2010, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not me, I knew Sakura was planning on killing Sasuke from the moment she said to Shikamaru "not another word" in chapter 459. Kishimoto let you know in 474 from Sai and Kakashi she was going to kill Sasuke alone. I was certain her words in 482 was so Sasuke would let down his guard enough that she could get a chance to get close enough to kill him.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users