15 replies to this topic

#1 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:49 AM

Figured I start a Taiora thread with the release of Digimon tri approaching. 

Little background, I absolutely love Taiora. It was my first ship, before I even knew what shipping was. I think that actually goes for a lot of us. Taiora has a lot in common with NaruSaku, especially after this f*ucked up ending. So many similarities in those god forsaken endings. 

Anway, I would just like to talk with some other Taiora fans, who understand the pain lol. I have to admit I am not that hopeful for digimon tri. There are just to many reasons and forces against Taiora. For instance:

The current creators don't know or care enough about taiora, they will just pick up where Matt and Sora left off. If anything they will just build on it and show much more of it. This is the most likely and worst scenario imo, because I want to like Digimon try, not only is it an anniversary special, but it will focus on the original eight, my favorites. However, like I was saying this will probably include more hints of Matt and Sora so that the horrible epilogue from adventure 02 will still stand and just actually make sense. Sucks because then I will just end up hating Digimon tri, much like I hate adventure 02. Not to mention all the posters have Matt near Sora. :(

Despite this a little part of me holds out. I have been hoping for a change in favor of Taiora even since the show originally ended. I dream about it all the time, I think of new story lines, and I even thought about somehow changing it myself, idk maybe id buy the franchise one….I know its sad and would never happen, but thats just how passionate about it I am. 

Anyway like I was saying, a little part of me holds out, because from what I hear and see Taiora has a huge following and if their was ever a chance for change then this is it. Seriously once in a lifetime opportunity.

But when you assess the facts and after having been thru this not only once, but now twice with Narusaku, I really don't want to become so attached, just to be heart broken again.

Well sorry for my rant, but I would love to hear your story and what you think might have to Taiora in Digimon Tri. 

#2 Kleine Weiss

Kleine Weiss

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Theatre, Music (classical, JPOP, cinematic), Dogs, Sketching, Worldbuilding, Art & Graphic Design

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:31 AM

I didn't get my hopes up.

I'm glad I didn't

I don't know how much legit the second picture is cause AFAIK, they haven't released an official poster other than the first one but I'm gonna play it safe.

Edited by Kleine Weiss, 17 January 2015 - 11:36 AM.

Tobirama goes to McDonalds

by HeathenCryX on deviantART

2-versions_zpsqxuemqx4.gif

and some NS with Kishi being a kitten inspired by it.

#3 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

Yeah I saw that second one too. If you ask me though Kari Clutching Tai's arm is much cuter though

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 January 2015 - 02:14 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#4 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:16 PM

I didn't get my hopes up.

I'm glad I didn't

I don't know how much legit the second picture is cause AFAIK, they haven't released an official poster other than the first one but I'm gonna play it safe.

Yea, second picture looks legit, but idk if it is. But even in the first Sora is near matt. Its hard not to get my hopes up, I really want to, but it looks like we'll lose again.

This is a celebration of digimon, not a reboot, it also takes place during the initial "series" so I don't see why these creators would overturn the original ending and a fan base all for another one. 

Sucks Cause I wanted to like this series...

Yeah I saw that second one too. If you ask me though Kari Clutching Tai's arm is much cuter though

I guess, but its his sister lol. 

#5 Yojeveka

Yojeveka

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Pokémon, Nuzlockes, Voice Acting

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:01 PM

Pretty sure the second one is a fanart, specially judging by the style. I also love Taiora, but they said that D02's epilogue has a hint about the story of this season.

Man, just look at this! It's almost as if they were trolling us http://2.bp.blogspot...600/6dgm37h.jpg

Edited by Yojeveka, 18 January 2015 - 08:01 PM.

2r2sxtg.gif

*Needs an English Talker*

#6 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:15 PM

Pretty sure the second one is a fanart, specially judging by the style. I also love Taiora, but they said that D02's epilogue has a hint about the story of this season.

Man, just look at this! It's almost as if they were trolling us http://2.bp.blogspot...600/6dgm37h.jpg

I imagine it has something to do with Tai and the whole UN thing. Also that would give them the opportunity to give/reveal Tai's new love interest, which I still don't like cause it shud be SORA. 

Yea that little troll on the bottom with Tai and Sora, like Y?

#7 VTamer Taichi

VTamer Taichi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Zeromaru, Agumon, WarGreymon, VictoryGreymon

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:02 PM

It's been years taiora fans.  Enjoy the couple via fan-works as usual. 

OnePieceUnlimitedWorldRGif.gif

#8 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:45 PM

If that pic is legit, then this is my reaction:

aa0.png

Welp, one positive thing I can say about Naruto is that it taught me to never ever have hopes romance wise in any series. If I could get some Takari moments, that would be great.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#9 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:11 PM

I guess, but its his sister lol. 

I said it was cute, not romantic! lol

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#10 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:53 PM

I said it was cute, not romantic! lol

lol I know…..I meant its his sister and so he still needs someone else to fill that other need

#11 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:53 PM

If that pic is legit, then this is my reaction:

aa0.png

Welp, one positive thing I can say about Naruto is that it taught me to never ever have hopes romance wise in any series. If I could get some Takari moments, that would be great.

Lol I'm not expecting any Tai/Sora moments even though I want them. My hopes aren't that up for the new Digimon anime especially after seeing their new animu weirdo designs.

#12 bthug

bthug

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:41 AM

Tai looks decent, as for Agumon well…..

#13 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:44 AM

Tai looks decent, as for Agumon well…..

Taiora won't happen in the new series, I just know it.  But I'm still going to hope. xD

#14 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:02 AM

I guy can dream about his pairing....

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#15 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:22 AM

I guy can dream about his pairing....

You ship Taiora too?  :D  I'm still watching the anime even though it'll probably be sorato. xD

#16 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:25 AM

You ship Taiora too?  :D  I'm still watching the anime even though it'll probably be sorato. xD

Yeah, shipped it since it was airing on TV back when I was little.

It's a great anime even with the ship ending.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users