11 replies to this topic

#1 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:44 PM

Like the title says, I have a question that needs to be answered before I go on with my theory.

Is the Yamanaka's clan jutsu similar to tensei ninjutsu? Do they put their souls (temporarily) or their minds to the enemies? I've been very confused with this for a while.... headscratch.gif

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#2 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:21 PM

I don't believe it's the same, From what I could tell Pein's ability was one very similar to Sasori's puppet mastery, only at w whole new level, if you remember the bodies of Pein are all dead, so with the aid of the black rods, Negato could send Chakra signals to the bodies, and have then each control one of his powers, So he isn't really possesing anyone but controlling the bodies to do the work for him, While Ino's clan they quite litrally transfer their soul to the other person's body taking possesion of it, and control them however they please. So it's different, well from what I can tell anyway.

iAnby7W.gif

#3 Justine_Mariyah_Narutard

Justine_Mariyah_Narutard

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:37 AM

Actually, I agree with Harry4e.

Yamanaka clan's mind transfer technique is not the same with the technique Pein uses to control his six paths of Pain.
Although you can say that the two techniques have some similarities.

For example, one time, while they were being attacked by pein in the pein's invasion arc, Ino concluded that The pein they were currently fighting is not the real one. she also said that none of the bodies were pein, infact, he's had his real body stocked up somewhere and controls his six paths pein to do the work for him. she also said that Pein's real body must not be too far since he actually needs to have his real body near to actually control the six paths of pein.
So as you can see, Ino'd deductions were quite right which shows that Pein's technique really is a bit similar to her clan's cause she was able to quickly identify the kind of technique Pein was using.

But it has some different traits aswell. First of all Ino's technique needs you to be actually there in the same field as the target to control them while Pein can be in a more secluded place, and he can control all 6 at once, (partly cause of his Rinnegan). and besides, he doesnt actually transfer his soul into the body, he uses those black peircings or earrings in the face of his 6 bodies to control them. so you can say that the Yamanaka clan technique and Nagato's (Pein's) technique are different.

Hope I helped your theory.

I vote for NaruSaku......gotta problem with it, punk?

#4 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:17 AM

Thxs, but what I was asking if it was their SOULS or minds that gets transferred

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#5 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:26 AM

i would assume that it is some sort of mental projection. I would have to assume that if it was their soul, the body would begin to die immediately. Also they have more jutsu that just confuses the mind and disrupts the mental control over the targets body.
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#6 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:01 AM

For example, one time, while they were being attacked by pein in the pein's invasion arc, Ino concluded that The pein they were currently fighting is not the real one. she also said that none of the bodies were pein, infact, he's had his real body stocked up somewhere and controls his six paths pein to do the work for him. she also said that Pein's real body must not be too far since he actually needs to have his real body near to actually control the six paths of pein.
So as you can see, Ino'd deductions were quite right which shows that Pein's technique really is a bit similar to her clan's cause she was able to quickly identify the kind of technique Pein was using.

I was wondering what manga chapter did Ino say those things? unsure.gif

I want to read it, actually. wow.png

A brainy Ino is an awesome Ino in my book. laugh.gif (Shikamaru x Ino tongue.gif)

---

love.gif narusakuct7.gif love.gif

#7 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Jun 20 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thxs, but what I was asking if it was their SOULS or minds that gets transferred

I think its more like Nagato send his thoughts to one of the bodies that he's using rather than splitting his mind. as far as I understand the concept, the rods that are on the clones and the main body are like somekind of antenna that transmits the intent, action and chakra. An easier similar example in everyday life would be like a television broadcast tower and television antenna in modern days. So its not that Nagato really split/transfer his soul or his mind but more like he's broadcasting it through the rods on his body, transmitting it to the rods on the clones body and have the clones do the action.

Its definitely different from the Yamanaka jutsu as they literally transfers their mind to the target like injecting another conciousness forcefully to the target and leaving the body.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#8 Justine_Mariyah_Narutard

Justine_Mariyah_Narutard

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 03:33 AM

About the mind body transfer thing, heres what I think:

If you remember (probably you do) during the Leaf Destruction arc in the Chunin exam segment, Ino used the mind body transfer technique on kin (during the survival test) and sakura (during the preliminary battle.)
As you can see, Ino faints when she does that technique, which we can presume that the technique really does transfer your soul to the body of the target.

And by the way, remember the part where Inoichi (Ino's dad) used the same technique on the sand soldiers during Leaf Destruction arc? He didnt faint right? Instead he was able to control the target without losing conciousness which we can presume is a higher level of the same technique Ino uses.

Then about the pain thing. I guess he uses a much more intricate and complicated technique if you ask me. see those black peircings or Black rods in the faces of his six paths of pain? Yah, Black Lightning is right. Pain transfers chakra to those six paths of pain using those black rods so that he will be able to control them and their movement.
So we can say that Pain does not transfer his souls or mind into the body of his six paths of pain. instead he channels some superficial chakra using some super complicated technique to control them. if you ask how he can be able to see his six paths of pain if he's sealed somewhere far away, he is able to see them and their surroundings using his Rinnegan.

Then heres a plus, Pain actually needs the bodies to be dead so that he can be able to control them while Ino can control a person without killing him/her.

Okay, did I answer your question??? I think I left out some thing..

I vote for NaruSaku......gotta problem with it, punk?

#9 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (Justine_Mariyah_Narutard @ Jun 21 2009, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
About the mind body transfer thing, heres what I think:

If you remember (probably you do) during the Leaf Destruction arc in the Chunin exam segment, Ino used the mind body transfer technique on kin (during the survival test) and sakura (during the preliminary battle.)
As you can see, Ino faints when she does that technique, which we can presume that the technique really does transfer your soul to the body of the target.

And by the way, remember the part where Inoichi (Ino's dad) used the same technique on the sand soldiers during Leaf Destruction arc? He didnt faint right? Instead he was able to control the target without losing conciousness which we can presume is a higher level of the same technique Ino uses.

Then about the pain thing. I guess he uses a much more intricate and complicated technique if you ask me. see those black peircings or Black rods in the faces of his six paths of pain? Yah, Black Lightning is right. Pain transfers chakra to those six paths of pain using those black rods so that he will be able to control them and their movement.
So we can say that Pain does not transfer his souls or mind into the body of his six paths of pain. instead he channels some superficial chakra using some super complicated technique to control them. if you ask how he can be able to see his six paths of pain if he's sealed somewhere far away, he is able to see them and their surroundings using his Rinnegan.

Then heres a plus, Pain actually needs the bodies to be dead so that he can be able to control them while Ino can control a person without killing him/her.

Okay, did I answer your question??? I think I left out some thing..

Wow! wow.png Awesome explanation! XD You got everything, alright. a_thumbs.gif

Such great evidence for the theory. laugh.gif

No objections here. biggrin.gif

(You really showed the difference between the two techniques. I'm so impressed. rawr.gif)

---

love.gif narusakuct7.gif love.gif

#10 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:13 PM

Ok, then if it really IS the soul here's my theory, & a crazy one at that:

Possibility of Minato being revived..

Ok, first of all, we know that Minato sealed his soul inside Naruto. Now what I'm thinking is, Minato can be revived with the Yamanakas' jutsu. Of course it'll be a big gamble because in order for Minato to appear, Naruto will have to go 8-tails & if Inoichi gets inside Naruto his soul might be completely ripped by Kyuubi. (of course, if Minato doesn't appear first) Now, when Inoichi meets Minato, he'll link his soul with Minato's & release the jutsu & with the help of Shima & Fuka Kyuubi will be sealed back with the Toad Key. Now how is Minato gonna be alive you might ask? Before this attempt is commenced, Sakura & the medic nins will restore Minato's body to the way it was (I hope they can) with a miraculous jutsu (again , hoping) & then Inoichi will put himself along with Minato inside Minato's body. & Voila! Minato is revived.

248793.jpg

#11 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:16 PM

I think I remember Minato saying it was only a one time technique to prevent Naruto from releasing Kyuubi, so it's only once that Minato can reappear. Besides, in my understanding, it seems that Minato is sealed WITH the Kyuubi, acting more like its warden or guard since his soul is sealed with the other half of Kyuubi in the Shinigami's stomach, I would say that the same is true that Minato is also sealed within Naruto along with Kyuubi's other half. So even if Minato can reappear again if Naruto goes 8, it's impossible or at least very, very difficult to release Minato without doing potential damage to the seal, Naruto, or Kyuubi.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 30 June 2009 - 05:16 PM.

#12 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:23 AM

Ok, then if it really IS the soul here's my theory, & a crazy one at that:

Possibility of Minato being revived..

Ok, first of all, we know that Minato sealed his soul inside Naruto. Now what I'm thinking is, Minato can be revived with the Yamanakas' jutsu. Of course it'll be a big gamble because in order for Minato to appear, Naruto will have to go 8-tails & if Inoichi gets inside Naruto his soul might be completely ripped by Kyuubi. (of course, if Minato doesn't appear first) Now, when Inoichi meets Minato, he'll link his soul with Minato's & release the jutsu & with the help of Shima & Fuka Kyuubi will be sealed back with the Toad Key. Now how is Minato gonna be alive you might ask? Before this attempt is commenced, Sakura & the medic nins will restore Minato's body to the way it was (I hope they can) with a miraculous jutsu (again , hoping) & then Inoichi will put himself along with Minato inside Minato's body. & Voila! Minato is revived.

Hmm... You didn't mention about mind and soul before so I didn't put this in my previous explanation but now that I read your theory I think I need to point this out...

I think Soul and Mind are 2 different thing, Soul is the essence of life AKA its the reason a person is alive while Mind is what define a person AKA Personality, way of thinking, habits, etc. In that sense, Yamanakas jutsu doesn't deal with soul but with mind. Remember, Soul is part of chakra, heck you can as far as call they are the same as the definition of chakra in Naruto is also the essence of life means no Chakra/Soul the person is dead, after all, the definition of death is when the soul leaves the body.

On the other hand, the loss of mind doesn't necessary means dead, merely unconscious because the person in question by all means are still alive and breathing, thats why when Ino was doing the Mind-Body transfer jutsu, someone need to look after her body because the only thing living her body is the mind not the soul means her body is still "alive".

As for why Inoicho doesn't go unconscious can be explained because of a very important factors: Experience. In theory, it is possible to split your mind, the most common occurrence of this is the infamous SPD or Split-Personality Syndrome as it means there is another mind sharing the same body. Now remember, Inoichi has most probably does the same jutsu hundreds if not millions of times more than Ino, therefore he most probably have much greater mastery than her and allows him to split his mind without losing his sanity.

With that in mind, its impossible for Yamanaka to revive Minato, at least not fully because he won't be truly "living" because he won't have a soul just like a body with mind but no soul inside. I think the REAL reason why Shiki Fujin is a forbidden technique is NOT because it will kill the user but because it deals with Soul, both the users and the target.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users