• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

#41 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (Kori @ May 8 2009, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have to admit it would be very clever on Kishi's part if he did this

P.S. brothers 5 posted this morning just thought i should let you know

Cool I check it out no it will be a stupid move on Kishmoto to do it because that would just be stupid for him not to be able to fell his dreams to be hokage and win over Sakura and marry her. He and his bother are both suckers for a Happy ending so I believe that it will have a happy ending. Plus he see him self as Naruto so iI might think he wouldn't kill off Naruto and he molded Sakura after his wife personality ^^.

#42 Kori

Kori

Uchiha Itachi Fan

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Music. i'm a huge A7X (Avenged Sevenfold) fan and like Disterbed and Slipknot.

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ May 8 2009, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool I check it out no it will be a stupid move on Kishmoto to do it because that would just be stupid for him not to be able to fell his dreams to be hokage and win over Sakura and marry her. He and his bother are both suckers for a Happy ending so I believe that it will have a happy ending. Plus he see him self as Naruto so iI might think he wouldn't kill off Naruto and he molded Sakura after his wife personality ^^.

there is a fine line between clever and stupid and i meant for it to be after becoming hokage and marrying Sakura cux otherwise it would be stupid as you said. it's stupid if he does it before, but interesting if he does after that's what i meant
"We are but men, drawn to act in the name of revenge we deem to be "justice". But when we call our vengeance "justice", it only breeds more revenge...forging the first link in the chains of hatred." -Pain

"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts...their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?" -Itachi Uchiha

#43 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (Kori @ May 8 2009, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there is a fine line between clever and stupid and i meant for it to be after becoming hokage and marrying Sakura cux otherwise it would be stupid as you said. it's stupid if he does it before, but interesting if he does after that's what i meant

Oh sorry misunderstood you lol.

#44 Kori

Kori

Uchiha Itachi Fan

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Music. i'm a huge A7X (Avenged Sevenfold) fan and like Disterbed and Slipknot.

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ May 8 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh sorry misunderstood you lol.

it's a habit...all you have to do is look at the prev posts lmao 111189.gif *sniff* no one understands me here... (sarcasm)
"We are but men, drawn to act in the name of revenge we deem to be "justice". But when we call our vengeance "justice", it only breeds more revenge...forging the first link in the chains of hatred." -Pain

"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts...their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?" -Itachi Uchiha

#45 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (Kori @ May 8 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it's a habit...all you have to do is look at the prev posts lmao 111189.gif *sniff* no one understands me here... (sarcasm)

Lol

#46 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:57 PM

I think your topic makes sence but the fact that this isn't a tradegy story and half the of your points make sence but are 100% true, i don't think Naruto would ever die. Maybe ALMOST die, but never fully die. Kishimoto wouldn't put so much into Naruto's dreams when he plans on killing hmi off in the end.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#47 Kori

Kori

Uchiha Itachi Fan

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (zman170 @ May 9 2009, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think your topic makes sence but the fact that this isn't a tradegy story and half the of your points make sence but are 100% true, i don't think Naruto would ever die. Maybe ALMOST die, but never fully die. Kishimoto wouldn't put so much into Naruto's dreams when he plans on killing hmi off in the end.

that is true. and Sasuke fits in perfectly as well. he seems more likely to be the tragic hero too in order to redeem himself in some way. Maybe Kishi planted all that in Naruto's case to help lead into Sasuke's death? who know's? (Well except Kishi of course)

#48 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (Kori @ May 9 2009, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that is true. and Sasuke fits in perfectly as well. he seems more likely to be the tragic hero too in order to redeem himself in some way. Maybe Kishi planted all that in Naruto's case to help lead into Sasuke's death? who know's? (Well except Kishi of course)

That sounds more accurate than Naruto's case but it still doesn't fit. Even though Sasuke does have a really high chance of dying, most likely in a heroic manner much like Harry Osborn's death in SpiderMan 3 (Turn's evil due to death of family, trys to kill best friend, dies saving best friend) it is still not connected to your tragedy story compairison. Kishimoto wasn't the smartest cookie in school, so i doubt he would make a Shakespear compairison to his story by making characters destined to die in the same manner as Shakespear's stories.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#49 Kori

Kori

Uchiha Itachi Fan

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (zman170 @ May 9 2009, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That sounds more accurate than Naruto's case but it still doesn't fit. Even though Sasuke does have a really high chance of dying, most likely in a heroic manner much like Harry Osborn's death in SpiderMan 3 (Turn's evil due to death of family, trys to kill best friend, dies saving best friend) it is still not connected to your tragedy story compairison. Kishimoto wasn't the smartest cookie in school, so i doubt he would make a Shakespear compairison to his story by making characters destined to die in the same manner as Shakespear's stories.

well he could have always learned it after lol but i doubt it. you're probably right.

#50 Nasir

Nasir

Who dare makes my ebony haired goddess upset??

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:05 PM

If there's any evidence of Naruto possibly dying, it's done through the elements of allusion and foreshadowing.
Think about it, every "Narutoish" character thus far has died far for their beliefs; Nagato for his dreams for Konan and Pain, Obito for his belief of never abandoning a comrade, Minato for his responsibilities for the Village, Jiraiya, again, for the sake of leaf village.

Unless Naruto is the one to change all of that I strongly think that he will eventually die. And on a side note, I don't understand why people think that if the protagonist dies in the end the series automatically becomes horrible, I prefer character death, it has more of a long lasting effect on me.

#51 Kori

Kori

Uchiha Itachi Fan

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (Nasir @ May 10 2009, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If there's any evidence of Naruto possibly dying, it's done through the elements of allusion and foreshadowing.
Think about it, every "Narutoish" character thus far has died far for their beliefs; Nagato for his dreams for Konan and Pain, Obito for his belief of never abandoning a comrade, Minato for his responsibilities for the Village, Jiraiya, again, for the sake of leaf village.

Unless Naruto is the one to change all of that I strongly think that he will eventually die. And on a side note, I don't understand why people think that if the protagonist dies in the end the series automatically becomes horrible, I prefer character death, it has more of a long lasting effect on me.

wait...'Nagato for his dreams for Konan and Pain'? Nagato hasn't died yet. Do you mean Yahiko died for Nagato and Konan?

#52 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (Nasir @ May 10 2009, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As far as I could tell, no one has stated that if Naruto died in the end, that the story would suddenly become 'horrible'. The points that were made were that Naruto is a Shonen Manga, and so doesn't follow along the same lines as a Shakespearean tragedy, and really can't be compared as they are two completely different genres. And I understand the point that you're trying to make, but the whole theme of Naruto is to surpass all those who have come before him and died before him. It *really* wouldn't make any sense for Naruto to go through so much, persevere through so much, only to be killed in the end.

#53 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:51 PM

Actually the [ossibility of his death is not as far out there as you might think. Given the themes of sacrafice for those most preciopus to you, its entirely possible we will see naruto die.

the only questions are where, when, how and who and why AND (wait for it)

For how long?

Naruto is one of those heros you have to beat with a stick jsut to get it through his head that hes hurt. The possibility exists that Kishimoto sensei may have a heroic death planned for him, but may have naruto decide in some fashion that his works not done yet and he comes back. or Sakura brings him back forcibly by virtue of her abiliies and desires.

Death is not inevitable for Naruto but it could happen. the only question is wether it sticks withion the bounds of the story hes telling.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#54 Kori

Kori

Uchiha Itachi Fan

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ May 10 2009, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually the [ossibility of his death is not as far out there as you might think. Given the themes of sacrafice for those most preciopus to you, its entirely possible we will see naruto die.

the only questions are where, when, how and who and why AND (wait for it)

For how long?

Naruto is one of those heros you have to beat with a stick jsut to get it through his head that hes hurt. The possibility exists that Kishimoto sensei may have a heroic death planned for him, but may have naruto decide in some fashion that his works not done yet and he comes back. or Sakura brings him back forcibly by virtue of her abiliies and desires.

Death is not inevitable for Naruto but it could happen. the only question is wether it sticks withion the bounds of the story hes telling.

preciopus? do you mean precious?
anyway if naruto has a heroic death, it'll be the best of the protagonists deaths definatly if he dies

#55 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:06 PM

Again I don't think he'll die. Naruto just doesn't fit that kind of Story and I usually can see it coming,

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 10 2009, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as I could tell, no one has stated that if Naruto died in the end, that the story would suddenly become 'horrible'. The points that were made were that Naruto is a Shonen Manga, and so doesn't follow along the same lines as a Shakespearean tragedy, and really can't be compared as they are two completely different genres. And I understand the point that you're trying to make, but the whole theme of Naruto is to surpass all those who have come before him and died before him. It *really* wouldn't make any sense for Naruto to go through so much, persevere through so much, only to be killed in the end.

Again you rock Shuuna you have more sense that most people.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 10 May 2009 - 06:09 PM.

#56 Kori

Kori

Uchiha Itachi Fan

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ May 10 2009, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Again you rock Shuuna you have more sense that most people.

and by most people you mean me lol

#57 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (Kori @ May 10 2009, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Back on topic, please.

This is how the other thread got sidetracked. sleep.gif

#58 Kori

Kori

Uchiha Itachi Fan

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ May 10 2009, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Back on topic, please.

This is how the other thread got sidetracked. sleep.gif

true true true

#59 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (Kori @ May 10 2009, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No not at all ^^

#60 Kori

Kori

Uchiha Itachi Fan

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ May 10 2009, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No not at all ^^

we should get back on topic like Cloud said

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users