Close
Photo

whose more popular in japan, sakura or hinata?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

Well it seems Hinata may be more popular now in those polls but I would like to see a new one and I am sure Sakura will with  all her new power ups, will be higher than her. 

Edited by Kster95, 06 June 2013 - 10:27 PM.

43iduct.jpg

#42 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

Polls are not the statistically accurate. That's why reputable scientific studies never ever use them.
In that sense, if the question was "Is Sakura more popular than Hinata in Japan?" cannot be answered by polls. All of the participants are voters who bought that issue of WSJ and filled out the form. They are not random Japanese people, and therefore the results do not represent the entirety of Japan.
I personally feel that Hinata is more popular in Japan, but on the other hand, Sakura is also less hated. Kishimoto himself mentioned that fans bring up Hinata, when the heroine is supposed to be Sakura.
Another thing I've noticed is that while tsunderes are popular, Sakura is not the textbook definition of a tsundere. She fangirls around Sasuke, and she is not very cold to the people around her. Hinata, on the other hand, is about as textbook as you can get.

Sorry, but im gonna have to completely disagree with your whole post.

First of all, polls determine the chsracter popularity and nothing is always 100 % accurate, thst can be applied to many things out there, but in the end the polls matter, but that doesnt mean kishi will change his story because of the polls, no not at all but its always good to have the heroine of the series always top, which sakura is, shes the most popular female character finishing number six adding up with the most recent poll with 11, 550 votes (I added it with the most recent poll, but the official one was only added up with the 6th poll, salura got about 10, 000 and something) , kakashi being number 1. Hinata isnt even in the top 10. In japan Hinata is the most hated female character in naruto , but has the most vocal fanbase, resulting to kishi's fireback in his interview of 2010.

And about your claim that sakura isnt tsundere, WRONG, 100 % wrong my friend, sakura is considered a tsundere character and was placed on the japanese list of tsunderes on a japanese site I visited. Heck sakura is called tsunade #2, but not that that matters, she is a tsundere and only towards naruto, I think you got the whole concept of tsundere wrong, go look it up on wikipedia. A tsundere is a female/male character but mostely female, thats rude to the main male character and dislikes him at first, but later on becomes soft and tender towards them as the story progresses. Sakura is a very non- extreme type of tsundere.

And note that im not mad or anything, so if I sounded rude, sorry :P

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#43 nia1994

nia1994

darksknight

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

First of all, polls determine the chsracter popularity and nothing is always 100 % accurate, thst can be applied to many things out there, but in the end the polls matter, but that doesnt mean kishi will change his story because of the polls, no not at all but its always good to have the heroine of the series always top, which sakura is, shes the most popular female character finishing number six adding up with the most recent poll with 11, 550 votes (I added it with the most recent poll, but the official one was only added up with the 6th poll, salura got about 10, 000 and something) , kakashi being number 1. Hinata isnt even in the top 10. In japan Hinata is the most hated female character in naruto , but has the most vocal fanbase, resulting to kishi's fireback in his interview of 2010.

And about your claim that sakura isnt tsundere, WRONG, 100 % wrong my friend, sakura is considered a tsundere character and was placed on the japanese list of tsunderes on a japanese site I visited. Heck sakura is called tsunade #2, but not that that matters, she is a tsundere and only towards naruto, I think you got the whole concept of tsundere wrong, go look it up on wikipedia. A tsundere is a female/male character but mostely female, thats rude to the main male character and dislikes him at first, but later on becomes soft and tender towards them as the story progresses. Sakura is a very non- extreme type of tsundere.

where on earth did you get that information on and what fireback...., (the stuff in bold)

#44 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

No, polls don't determine popularity, opinions do. Nothing is 100% accurate, but there many statical sampling techniques can carry a confidence interval of 99. You will learn this in math, but the gist of it is, a self-reported poll from people who bought that issue of Shonen Jump and bothered to send the vote for their most beloved character does not accurately represent the whole of Japan.

I never said Kishimoto will change the story because of the polls.

Where are you getting your "Hinata is the most hated character" conclusions from? You can't assume she has a small, vocal fanbase but a big quiet hate base. It makes no sense why she would be neck-to-neck with Sakura in the polls, and it is even harder to prove.

I'm going to break it to you that anybody can create a Japanese website and there is no official list of tsunderes. I think the word you're looking for is Type B Tsundere, who is usually sweet but secretly violent. If you look at my comment, I said she wasn't textbook Tsundere, not that she wasn't tsundere. She's violent only when it comes to Naruto or Sai, and she was a fangirl to Sasuke.

Edited by Nefertieh, 08 June 2013 - 02:54 PM.

Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#45 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

where on earth did you get that information on and what fireback...., (the stuff in bold)

Really? You dont know? :P

Well it happened in the 2010 interview during the five kage summit, masashi said that he's heard people tell him that hinata would make a better heroine than sakura, and he wonders why they're so loud, and he said, and I quote, "you keep saying "hinata-hinata" all the time, but since sakura is the heroine, she's ready to show that side of her, too"

And about hinata the most hated female character in japan. Well, believe it or not (I was shocked too since the western naruto fanbase loves hinata) but in japan its quite the opposite, and im not just saying that but I've been talking to alot of japanese lately, one of which is on the site, ramenanmitsu, and I've heard alot of negative towards hinata, especially since the latest chapters release, (not hate like the westerners so far) I've heard stuff like, "theres no room for a love-sick girl on the battle field!" and stuff like "why couldnt hinata die instead of neji!" And even stuff like "finally hinata is done with! Shes so annoying!".

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#46 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

No, polls don't determine popularity, opinions do. Nothing is 100% accurate, but there many statical sampling techniques can carry a confidence interval of 99. You will learn this in math, but the gist of it is, a self-reported poll from people who bought that issue of Shonen Jump and bothered to send the vote for their most beloved character does not accurately represent the whole of Japan.
I never said Kishimoto will change the story because of the polls.
Where are you getting your "Hinata is the most hated character" conclusions from? You can't assume she has a small, vocal fanbase but a big quiet hate base. It makes no sense why she would be neck-to-neck with Sakura in the polls, and it is even harder to prove.
I'm going to break it to you that anybody can create a Japanese website and there is no official list of tsunderes. I think the word you're looking for is Type B Tsundere, who is usually sweet but secretly violent. If you look at my comment, I said she wasn't textbook Tsundere, not that she wasn't tsundere. She's violent only when it comes to Naruto or Sai, and she was a fangirl to Sasuke.

Well your never gonna get a full accuracy of anything, thats just common sense, but an estimation is possible and closest to accuracy, for example, studies suggest that testing an average student doesnt exactly determine their IQ since everyone is different and has weaknesses and strengths in different fields, but since we're living in a big society it would be un fair to day that, "well, even though I got a bad mark in this test doesnt mean in not smarter than my other class mates", stuff like this doesnt work, your never gonna get a 100 % accuracy of anything, the people that bothered to get off their asses and go vote for their favourite naruto character, and the majority of which chose a female character was sakura, if there really are more hinata fans out there, then why didnt they go and vote? The ones that gave a damn voted, but the ones that didnt just didnt! :facepalm: Bottom line, when you, me or any naruto fan wants to check the closest possible result as to whose the most popular 10 characters in naruto, the only fast and most accurate way is to go look at the polls. Nothings ever 100 % accurate.

And hinata was never neck to neck with sakura the only time she ever was, was during the seventh poll and the 5th I believe? And last time I checked the overall popularity polls of the most popular characters, hinata wasnt even in the top 10! Sakura was number 6. Yeah sure is neck to neck eh? :zaru: oh and about hinata being the most hated female in naruto, check my post above. And no, hinata is not the most popular female in naruto

And about the tsunderes, yeah thats what I meant! :) so we have both said the same thing. Oh and the websites, I dunno whether its official or not, but its like narutopedia, but except its for tsunderes, and sakura was there.

One other way to find out the popularity of something is to check the products that are made. If you look, sakura has been sold as key chains, iphone covers, dolls (big ones during the road to ninja premier), live events arranged by the fans, chess pieces along with naruto, sasuke, shikamaru, kakashi and gaara and much more. Hinata? Shes only had plushies, just like ino, nothing compared to sakura.

Heck, sakura is even popular among the chinese naruto fans!

#47 nia1994

nia1994

darksknight

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

Really? You dont know? :P

Well it happened in the 2010 interview during the five kage summit, masashi said that he's heard people tell him that hinata would make a better heroine than sakura, and he wonders why they're so loud, and he said, and I quote, "you keep saying "hinata-hinata" all the time, but since sakura is the heroine, she's ready to show that side of her, too"

And about hinata the most hated female character in japan. Well, believe it or not (I was shocked too since the western naruto fanbase loves hinata) but in japan its quite the opposite, and im not just saying that but I've been talking to alot of japanese lately, one of which is on the site, ramenanmitsu, and I've heard alot of negative towards hinata, especially since the latest chapters release, (not hate like the westerners so far) I've heard stuff like, "theres no room for a love-sick girl on the battle field!" and stuff like "why couldnt hinata die instead of neji!" And even stuff like "finally hinata is done with! Shes so annoying!".

if this is in reference to chapter 615 then despite the distastes it left some fans that chapter made naruto rank number 1 in weekly shonen jumps ranking.. and actually beat one piece (the god of all manga :chuckle: )  so i dont' think the Japanese are so apposed to naruhina as you may think.  Besides that's just one website so it can't really represent the whole fandom. 

#48 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

if this is in reference to chapter 615 then despite the distastes it left some fans that chapter made naruto rank number 1 in weekly shonen jumps ranking.. and actually beat one piece (the god of all manga :chuckle: )  so i dont' think the Japanese are so apposed to naruhina as you may think.  Besides that's just one website so it can't really represent the whole fandom.

Well, its a reference to 615 and 633, and actually no..chp 615 didnt rank no 1, according to the link someone in H&E found showed that 615 ranked last. The japanese dont care about naruhina, from the official naruto pairing poll (not from SJ), heck, nejihina is more popular than naruhina in japan, narusaku is..4th I think? And from all the japanese sites and fanbases, not just one, and also on twitter, sakuras fanpages, and narusaku fanpages, have so many japanese followers, and so far, havent been able to find a japanese nh supporting site, or twitter fanpage-Oh wait! I did find one with 85 followers! But compared to the others, its nothing.

So if you think naruhina is popular amongst the japanese, well think again buddy! Cuz they dont give a flying rats ass!! :lol:

#49 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

I wish i could see the new polls.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#50 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Interests:Football, Swimming, Free-running, Working ,Studying ,Music,Assassin's Creed ... Metallica , Iron Maiden , System of a down , Rammstein , Skillet , Disturbed ,Groove Coverage, Serj Tankian's Singles, DJ Kelly Bailey,DJ DarkZone, Vocal Trance ,Powerwolf,Slayer ,Judas Priest ,Manowar , Linkin Park ,Nickelback.. And many many more :)

And NaruSaku of course ^^

I apply my heart to no wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing of the wind. For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increased knowledge, increased sorrow.

Nobis non domine non nobis.

Laa shay'a waqui'n moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine.

Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito .

Das ist Wilde Verwegen Jagd .

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:15 AM

Well, its a reference to 615 and 633, and actually no..chp 615 didnt rank no 1, according to the link someone in H&E found showed that 615 ranked last. The japanese dont care about naruhina, from the official naruto pairing poll (not from SJ), heck, nejihina is more popular than naruhina in japan, narusaku is..4th I think? And from all the japanese sites and fanbases, not just one, and also on twitter, sakuras fanpages, and narusaku fanpages, have so many japanese followers, and so far, havent been able to find a japanese nh supporting site, or twitter fanpage-Oh wait! I did find one with 85 followers! But compared to the others, its nothing.

So if you think naruhina is popular amongst the japanese, well think again buddy! Cuz they dont give a flying rats ass!! :lol:

Is this true , Diana-chan? I mean if it is can i have some prove , just so i can have a trump when i debate nH-sS fans. :3 :P

narusaku_signature_by_xsakuraharuno-d5d7

#51 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

Is this true , Diana-chan? I mean if it is can i have some prove , just so i can have a trump when i debate nH-sS fans. :3 :P

What exactly do you need?if its the chapter ranking this H &E user thats written in japanese provided the info.

#52 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Interests:Football, Swimming, Free-running, Working ,Studying ,Music,Assassin's Creed ... Metallica , Iron Maiden , System of a down , Rammstein , Skillet , Disturbed ,Groove Coverage, Serj Tankian's Singles, DJ Kelly Bailey,DJ DarkZone, Vocal Trance ,Powerwolf,Slayer ,Judas Priest ,Manowar , Linkin Park ,Nickelback.. And many many more :)

I apply my heart to no wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing of the wind. For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increased knowledge, increased sorrow.

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

What exactly do you need?if its the chapter ranking this H &E user thats written in japanese provided the info.

A prove that the Japanese dislike her now xD.

#53 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

A prove that the Japanese dislike her now xD.

Well thats kinda hard to give you since its from different users including ramenanmitsu from our forums. Ofcoarse there are fand that dislike her saying stuff like, "theres no room in the battle field for a love sick girl" or "hinata should have died instead of neji" I also have contact to many japanese naruto fans and I tell you shes not the "favourite".

#54 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

hah , lol :D

#55 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

Say what do the Japanese think of Sakura's lack of fights compered to her team mates?

#56 narusakuforlife1667

narusakuforlife1667

Kaneki Ken did nothing wrong!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Interests:-My bae Blake is my interest if you know what I mean
    -NaruSaku are my babies they deserve to be together and have many children together because they deserve it
    -EreMika *.*/
    -Madoka Magica will forever be my top 10 anime

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:29 AM

Sakura

http://glimmeringsky1890.tumblr.com

Also if you want visit my fanfiction account

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5372808

#57 Uzumaki9000

Uzumaki9000

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Interests:Movies, drawing, painting, reading and video games.

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:18 AM

(Signs) This make us wish we lived in Japan so we wouldn't have to suffer from Hinata lovers/Sakura haters. Also I was shocked when I read that in the west side love Hinata and hate Sakura and in the east side/Japan hate Hinata and love Sakura. It's just a brain explosion. 

Edited by Uzumaki9000, 05 August 2014 - 06:18 AM.

#58 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:37 AM

I say its half and half both Sakura and Hinata are popular

#59 Arachnia

Arachnia

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:45 PM

I say its half and half both Sakura and Hinata are popular

The question is popular in what kinda way, how do they see them.

#60 dylanrivers10000

dylanrivers10000

Blow this up like pyromania-def leppard

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Location:on the moon shadow and i blew up the earth, now along side the ENTIRE CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISE, and the A-TEAM
  • Interests:proving people that being stereotypical about me and bashing me is impolite, and is just rude!!!

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:17 PM

sakura

Neil-Young-Rockin-In-The-Fre-101219.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users