24 replies to this topic

#1 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:24 PM

As the death toll from Ebola reaches 3,800, experts are warning that the virus could mutate and become airborne, meaning that it could be caught by breathing it in.

The public is being told by health officials that the virus that causes Ebola cannot be transmitted through the air and can only be spread through direct contact with bodily fluids blood, sweat, vomit, feces, urine, saliva or semen of an infected person who is showing symptoms.

However, several leading Ebola researchers claim that the virus mutating and spreading through the air should not be ruled out.

http://www.dailymail....ly-fluids.html

#2 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:40 PM

That's actually pretty frightening. Spreading through air is dangerous :l

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#3 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:43 PM

time to hold my breath.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#4 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:14 PM

That's why people should be quarantined until they're dissected with the damn virus!

#5 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:31 PM

time to hold my breath.

I've trained for this day.

That's why people should be quarantined until they're dissected with the damn virus!

Yeah! Let's cut people open and dissect them while they are alive! Wooooooooo!

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#6 elmas

elmas

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:48 PM

I'm scared. :unsure:

tumblr_nipy94W2uE1tjr97wo2_500.gif

#7 Nic

Nic

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:08 PM

I always wanted to die horribly.  Bring it on!

#8 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:25 PM

See it's at this point that you should be more concerned about survival rather than prevention.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#9 Tatsumi

Tatsumi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:48 PM

i don't even care atm i just went down with acute bronchitis :l it's funny that people never knew about ebola before.. kinda makes u think..

#10 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:46 PM

tumblr_ltjmrhf8pZ1qazkdco1_500.gif

Well, I guess it's time.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#11 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:07 PM

tumblr_ltjmrhf8pZ1qazkdco1_500.gif

Well, I guess it's time.

Just started watching this.

tumblr_inline_mh0rbd32VW1qdlkgg.gif

#12 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:37 PM

I spoke with health experts today on the subject of Ebola for an article I'm writing who said that it is not currently known to be airborn. Those that I interviewed also seemed positive that the risk of this spreading far and wide remains relatively low.

From my perspective, I think Ebola is a very serious problem and needs to be dealt with using the up most care and responsibility. At the same time, I believe fear shouldn't be spread as it has recently. Spreading facts is the most important thing we can do now. Yes Ebola could mutate into being airborn, however, as it has been around since the 1970s and hasn't yet, we should focus on what's known. 

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#13 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:54 PM

This makes me really scared.

jus drein jus daun.

#14 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:57 PM

This makes me really scared.

As Lid said, don't let the fear get to you.

Everything will be okay, we just need to handle this with a calm demeanor and fix whats happening with the power we have.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#15 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:08 PM

As Lid said, don't let the fear get to you.

Everything will be okay, we just need to handle this with a calm demeanor and fix whats happening with the power we have.

I stg if the apocalypse happens before I get to meet hayley williams, ebola will fear me 

jus drein jus daun.

#16 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:18 AM

Oh sweet embrace of death come to me.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#17 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:22 AM

Oh sweet embrace of death come to me.

giphy.gif

Stop, it'll hear you.

jus drein jus daun.

#18 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:04 AM

I stg if the apocalypse happens before I get to meet hayley williams, ebola will fear me 

Stay the Night and Airplanes are so damn good!

This virus....its worse than HIV. Atleast that's what I keep on hearing. Don't worry people. Everything will be alright :) A cure over it will be found soon! I bet the cure is round the corner and what remains to be done is....test the medicines on humans. Have faith people!

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#19 Fairy Tail Fantard

Fairy Tail Fantard

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I'm a pilot, so I spend most of my time in the air.

Interests: Keeping my plane in the air and NOT slapping smack dab into a mountain somewhere. Writing, watching anime, reading, playing video games, and exercising are a few more of my interests as well.

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:00 AM

Yeah! Let's cut people open and dissect them while they are alive! Wooooooooo!

I think you get what he meant. Stop trying to be so arrogant. I know it's the internet and all, but still.

He meant to lock them in a room and have doctors test these patients until they're 100% certain that individual is no longer infected. Would you rather have that or have Ebola just roaming around with the wind? I'd prefer the first option. 

664086690_1145760.gif

#20 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:30 AM

Just started watching this.

Wait a minute... Have you watched Attacker No. 1? Wow. I watched some episodes... back when I was a kid. It was a pretty important anime when it was aired, but I thought that nobody else remembered it or knew what it existed.

Geeky outbursts apart, the first person infected in Europe lives in my country. In my hometown.

Apparently -I use that word because there were no cameras recording her as she took off her suit- she got infected because she accidentaly touched her own face as she was still wearing the suit.

Sadly, people over here are panicking and overreacting (screaming that everybody are going to die and it is the Government's fault). And sadly, the opposition and radical groups are trying to exploit the situation and blaming the Government for everything in order to weaken it instead of cooperate to overcome the situation.

I keep to telling... keep calm. We are not going to die. The risk of infection is very low. Way lower than measles' or HIV's. Although I thought that it did not spread through air... And that is being called in question right now?

Unfortunately, a very cynical part of me thinks that now that virus is menacing with spreading through Europe and North America, maybe the Western governments will start to increase research funding and they will make a serious effort for finding a cure rather lamenting the situation in Africa and looking aside.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users