• Please log in to reply
54173 replies to this topic

#10281 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

I'm so ready for a new chapter. Hopefully Kishi will break out of this attack-fail-try again cycle that he's created. If that hit on Obito fails somehow tomorrow, I'm going to flip a table.

You and me both. -_- It would make this already pointless chapter seem even more unnecessary.

I would be happy if it did happen. Like I said, I'm tired of the attack-fail-try again cycle that we've been going through. I'm also tired of Obito as the villain. He's just not a very good bad guy... I would like for his story to be wrapped up so that the plot can move on.

The novelty of Obito has kind of reached its limit, and now that he's so OP it's hard to bring myself to even care.

#10282 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

Fillers are good way to do fan servces tho

Like Hinata kicks every badass butt

and in reality she gets send 10 meters midair by Pain and commits suicide infront of Naruto o_o

I wonder why didn't Naruto respond to her confession? it makes the confession useless to even be made if he doesn't even respond

Sakura had a confession to Sasuke

But Sasuke was to (gay XD)  asexual and obsessed with revange

thats why he rejected her confession by simply saying Thank  You (For loving me) and sends her back to sleep and leaves her in the bench

Nope.

Hinata's confession wasnt made to be a "confession".

Sakura was, Sakura was the type of confession that demanded an answer from Naruto, Naruto didnt rejected her there, instead he was more sying he didnt believed on this by stating that it was weird for her to did that all of a sudden.

Hinata was more of a declaration of love, she only stated the reason why she jumped there to protect Naruto and that's all.

She didnt asked for his answer like what Sakura did for Sasuke and on the summit for Naruto.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#10283 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

Fillers are good way to do fan servces tho

Like Hinata kicks every badass butt

and in reality she gets send 10 meters midair by Pain and commits suicide infront of Naruto o_o

I wonder why didn't Naruto respond to her confession? it makes the confession useless to even be made if he doesn't even respond

Sakura had a confession to Sasuke

But Sasuke was to (gay XD)  asexual and obsessed with revange

thats why he rejected her confession by simply saying Thank  You (For loving me) and sends her back to sleep and leaves her in the bench

Because the purpose of Hinata's confession was for her benefit. I firmly do not believe Hinata expects Naruto to feel the same way about her, she told him because she thought she was never going to get the chance to again and that she would die without relieving that burden off herself, that is what she meant by "I'm just being selfish". I think it's unlikely it will ever be addressed again.

And I think people are highly misguided on what the term 'asexual' actually means, :confused: uninterested and asexual are two completely different things. As for Sasuke's thank you to Sakura, I don't see it as "thank you for loving me", so much as "thank you, but I don't feel the same way".

#10284 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:anime/ manga, TCGs, JRPGs

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

Or it could have been as simple as "Thank you for trying to stop me."

Edited by DattebayoXShannaro, 22 October 2013 - 09:59 PM.

#10285 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

Because the purpose of Hinata's confession was for her benefit. I firmly do not believe Hinata expects Naruto to feel the same way about her, she told him because she thought she was never going to get the chance to again and that she would die without relieving that burden off herself, that is what she meant by "I'm just being selfish". I think it's unlikely it will ever be addressed again.

I agree.  As I've said several times before, I can't imagine what Hinata could have to say that hasn't already been said and Naruto has chosen not to answer.  And while I believe she does love Naruto, I think it's more in the sense of what he's done for her -- how he has changed her life.  She has romantic feelings for him too, but as you said, I don't believe she expects Naruto to return them.  

And I think people are highly misguided on what the term 'asexual' actually means,  :confused: uninterested and asexual are two completely different things. As for Sasuke's thank you to Sakura, I don't see it as "thank you for loving me", so much as "thank you, but I don't feel the same way".

Although we cannot know for certain how Sasuke feels about romantic relationships and sex, his characterization has consistently lacked any normal display of sexual attraction to another person and zero interest in sex.  That's the definition of asexual, and why people often use it to describe him.  

Unlike Naruto, we've never seen Sasuke trying to peek at a naked girl at the hot springs.  We've never seen him notice a girl's behind while she's bent over (as Naruto did when he saw Sakura bending over to look at Sai's drawings) and express jealousy.  We've never seen Sasuke ask a girl for a date.  Or express the slightest interest in romantic relationships.  Even Sai, a guy who had his feelings systematically stripped from his consciousness, has done that much, and played an integral part in Naruto and Sakura's relationship of his own volition.

The other thing that's funny is Road to Ninja.  In that movie -- where people were the opposite of themselves -- Sasuke was a womanizer who spent his time schmoozing all the girls.  The antithesis of that would be asexuality.   :mellow:

It could be that Sasuke simply has not yet met anyone who matters to him more than his agenda, and at some point later he will display normal sexuality.  But at this point, he does seem to fit the asexual model.

#10286 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

Although we cannot know for certain how Sasuke feels about romantic relationships and sex, his characterization has consistently lacked any normal display of sexual attraction to another person and zero interest in sex.  That's the definition of asexual, and why people often use it to describe him.  

Unlike Naruto, we've never seen Sasuke trying to peek at a naked girl at the hot springs.  We've never seen him notice a girl's behind while she's bent over (as Naruto did when he saw Sakura bending over to look at Sai's drawings) and express jealousy.  We've never seen Sasuke ask a girl for a date.  Or express the slightest interest in romantic relationships.  Even Sai, a guy who had his feelings systematically stripped from his consciousness, has done that much, and played an integral part in Naruto and Sakura's relationship of his own volition.

The other thing that's funny is Road to Ninja.  In that movie -- where people were the opposite of themselves -- Sasuke was a womanizer who spent his time schmoozing all the girls.  The antithesis of that would be asexuality.   :mellow:

It could be that Sasuke simply has not yet met anyone who matters to him more than his agenda, and at some point later he will display normal sexuality.  But at this point, he does seem to fit the asexual model.

Well the closest you could say he is into a girl would be Karin.

#10287 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

I agree with darkrest, there are many confession in this manga and only sakura confession in the iron country that need to address later, because there're no rejection on it.
The lee catch leaf, sakura to sasuke confession, rin confession, and love letter fodder confession, are the reject one.
And yeah Hinata confession is more like a declaration of love, because at that time she think naruto will die.

#10288 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

Well the closest you could say he is into a girl would be Karin.

If by "into" you mean he sadistically manipulates her attraction and feelings for him in order to use her for his personal gain, and then is willing to kill her when she is no longer of use, then yes, he's into her.  But Sasuke has displayed no discernible sexual attraction to Karin, or even a desire to avail himself of what she has willingly offered.

Edited by KnS, 22 October 2013 - 10:29 PM.

#10289 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

If by "into" you mean he sadistically manipulates her attraction and feelings for him in order to use her for his personal gain, and then is willing to kill her when she is no longer of use, then yes, he's into her.  But Sasuke has displayed no discernible sexual attraction to Karin, or even a desire to available himself of what she has willingly offered.

Ok................... you seem to really hate the idea of SK

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 22 October 2013 - 10:29 PM.

#10290 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:anime/ manga, TCGs, JRPGs

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

What he's saying isn't exactly wrong though.

#10291 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

Ok................... you seem to really hate the idea of SK

Oh, it's not that, exactly.  I don't really care about it either way, but I do figure that if Sasuke is paired with anyone at the end it will be Karin.  

It's just that I'm no fan of Sasuke, and I don't believe in sugar-coating his horrendous behavior.  He has become a smug, sadistic narcissist, and the fact that Karin is such a sadly damaged person that she's willing to debase herself for his attention doesn't change what he is.

However, in the end, if he manages to be redeemed I think she's the only woman who is crazy enough to take him on.   :ermm:

#10292 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

Oh, it's not that, exactly.  I don't really care about it either way, but I do figure that if Sasuke is paired with anyone at the end it will be Karin.  

It's just that I'm no fan of Sasuke, and I don't believe in sugar-coating his horrendous behavior.  He has become a smug, sadistic narcissist, and the fact that Karin is such a sadly damaged person that she's willing to debase herself for his attention doesn't change what he is.

However, in the end, if he manages to be redeemed I think she's the only woman who is crazy enough to take him on.   :ermm:

Ah I see, so how would you feel if Sakura punched Sasuke?

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 22 October 2013 - 10:36 PM.

#10293 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

Ah I see, so how would you feel if Sakura punched Sasuke?

Honestly, I would be disappointed.  In my opinion, Sasuke is, as the old saying goes, too low for even the dogs to bite.  Why should Sakura waste any energy punching him out?  He's not worth it.  She'd put that energy to much better use kissing Naruto.   :yes:

Besides, I don't believe Sasuke owes Sakura anything just because she has carried around a very misguided ideal of him these last few years.  He gave Sakura his answer when he left Konoha at the end of Part I.  How much clearer did he have to make it that he's not interested?   What reason does she have to punch him?  Because he's been consistent in his disinterest?

The only reason I can see that Sasuke would need a knockout punch from Sakura is if she does it on Naruto's behalf.  In that case, send bits of his jaw into orbit.

Edited by KnS, 22 October 2013 - 10:48 PM.

#10294 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

Honestly, I would be disappointed.  In my opinion, Sasuke is, as the old saying goes, too low for even the dogs to bite.  Why should Sakura waste any energy punching him out?  He's not worth it.  She'd put that energy to much better use kissing Naruto.   :yes:

Besides, I don't believe Sasuke owes Sakura anything just because she has carried around a very misguided ideal of him these last few years.  He gave Sakura his answer when he left Konoha at the end of Part I.  How much clearer did he have to make it to her than he's not interested?   What reason does she have to punch him?  Because he's been consistent in his disinterest?

The only reason I can see that Sasuke would need a knockout punch from Sakura is if she does it on Naruto's behalf.  In that case, send bits of his jaw into orbit.

You know, part of me feels like that Sakura and Sasuke may never contact again IF Sasuke really goes his own path.

#10295 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

SasuKarin is a pairing I don't see happen, it's not likely in my eyes. Now that doesn't mean it won't happen. Karin's certainly the most likely girl he will be with if he ever cares about that stuff at some point. But it's a long-shot to me, most definitely. Sasuke is the type of character IMO that is fun to pair with crack couples and fanfics, but as far as canon goes ... doing so would cause some sort of damage to his character. Simply because Sasuke has been portrayed consistently as utterly uninterested in relationships for so long, showing it differently is OOC. I enjoy SasuIno and SasuHina in fanfictions to suit my crack desires at times, but that doesn't mean I truly want that for him. Sasuke + Pairings is more of an "idea" that you're meant to indulge in your mind, but not let it cross into reality IMO. No offense to SasuKarin fans in this forum, but it's just my honest opinion.

If Sasuke ends up with someone ... this will be my reaction in order:  :omfg:  :huh:  :mellow:  :mad:  :glare:  :facepalm:  -_-

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 23 October 2013 - 12:06 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#10296 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

My reaction for Sasuke ends up with someone is: ok.

#10297 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

Sasuke as for as I know will not end up with anyone. If he does end up with someone it will be a man. Simple.

#10298 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:00 AM

I'm not sure that Naruto needs to address Hinata's confession, maybe it's an age/experience related thing, but often individuals confess because they need to let it out, not because they need their affections to be recognized.  Everything about Hinata's confession seems to indicate the former.  She needed to confess before she died, she needed Naruto to know how she feels before he died.  It wasn't about actually learning his feelings, about beginning a relationship with him, but about informing him of her feelings.  I know enough people who have been in a similar position to Hinata, I have myself, I fairly confident in thinking that she doesn't need Naruto to respond.

#10299 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:34 AM

I'm not sure that Naruto needs to address Hinata's confession, maybe it's an age/experience related thing, but often individuals confess because they need to let it out, not because they need their affections to be recognized.  Everything about Hinata's confession seems to indicate the former.  She needed to confess before she died, she needed Naruto to know how she feels before he died.  It wasn't about actually learning his feelings, about beginning a relationship with him, but about informing him of her feelings.  I know enough people who have been in a similar position to Hinata, I have myself, I fairly confident in thinking that she doesn't need Naruto to respond.

I'm with you. The idea of confessing and going out there with one last move, bad or not, still classified her as a strong person. Not strong as in strength but enough to say, "Believe in yourself. You shown it there." I mean she beat her stuttering from her past. She did faint when he came to him, so that moment is finally something long awaited for.

#10300 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:39 AM

I'm with you. The idea of confessing and going out there with one last move, bad or not, still classified her as a strong person. Not strong as in strength but enough to say, "Believe in yourself. You shown it there." I mean she beat her stuttering from her past. She did faint when he came to him, so that moment is finally something long awaited for.

From a strictly romance perspective, I can see how that scene showed Hinata's strength, but over all I felt it showed her weakness, her inability to plan, coordinate, to figure out a way to get Naruto out of the situation.  I just simply refuse to reduce Hinata to just a "romantic fodder" role so I have to analyze is from a complete perspective.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users