#61 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Dec 2 2011, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks to be Water. It's possible earth may be a weaker second element but we haven't seen her actually manipulate earth with her chakra like she has water. Similarly I'd say Tsunade's strongest element is lightning- she used her chakra to manipulate electricity (which is basically finely controlled lightning. We've not seen Sakura manipulate electricity or Tsunade manipulate water with their chakra. Her weaker secondary one may be earth. In the manga it was said ninja upon reaching Chunnin can manipulate at least one element- their primary chakra element nature. Medic ninja don't seem to be have the tendency to be able to manipulate their elements more than close range. Tsunade and Sakura have overcome that by being able to focus their chakra into their hands or feet and use that to create midrange damage to their surroundings.

Sasuke already had two elements by the end of part 1. Interestingly, the Uchiha fire element was his weaker one (remember his struggle to master it and how he felt inferior to Itachi because he mastered it with ease. Itachi's second element wasn't lightning, my guess it was wind. His primary was the typical Uchiha fire manipulation. Sasuke's is lightning, he's quite powerful with it- it appears even moreso than Kakashi.

No it was water He used some water element jutsu before in part one

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#62 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Dec 3 2011, 06:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks to be Water. It's possible earth may be a weaker second element but we haven't seen her actually manipulate earth with her chakra like she has water. Similarly I'd say Tsunade's strongest element is lightning- she used her chakra to manipulate electricity (which is basically finely controlled lightning. We've not seen Sakura manipulate electricity or Tsunade manipulate water with their chakra. Her weaker secondary one may be earth. In the manga it was said ninja upon reaching Chunnin can manipulate at least one element- their primary chakra element nature. Medic ninja don't seem to be have the tendency to be able to manipulate their elements more than close range. Tsunade and Sakura have overcome that by being able to focus their chakra into their hands or feet and use that to create midrange damage to their surroundings.

Sasuke already had two elements by the end of part 1. Interestingly, the Uchiha fire element was his weaker one (remember his struggle to master it and how he felt inferior to Itachi because he mastered it with ease. Itachi's second element wasn't lightning, my guess it was wind. His primary was the typical Uchiha fire manipulation. Sasuke's is lightning, he's quite powerful with it- it appears even moreso than Kakashi.

.....okay im not getting something???

how can we tell which element fits which person??? i dont know how water and sakura fit? O_O i just said earth....cause well....she can crush rocks...

but maybe i dont get the system?.... biggrin.gif

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#63 Sir G

Sir G

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 2 2011, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Tax is a bit more accurate. While the chapter linked by Krypt states that the Uchiha trait is based on manipulation of fire, it doesn't mean that Sasuke or any of the other Uchiha have a fire affinity. We've not seen any of them show affinity indication items like the chakra paper. Presumably, like the Rinnegan, the Sharingan aids the wielder in elemental manipulation than ordinary ninja.

They haven't really shown anything as extensive as Naruto's and Asuma's manipulation of wind. Most of the fire techniques we've seen usually consists of shooting fire, which seems to be a basic technique, if draining. His only other major fire manipulation is the use of Amaterasu, which is a default ability of the Sharingan.

Sasuke's main affinity as Lightning shows more merit because of how well and how frequent he uses lightning techniques.

Honestly, you guys are just overthinking this stuff.. the manga says Uchihas were fire based so thats what it is. simple as that

http://www.mangaread...hapter-315.html

#64 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (Sir G @ Dec 3 2011, 07:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly, you guys are just overthinking this stuff.. the manga says Uchihas were fire based so thats what it is. simple as that

i do love simple things.

#65 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Dec 3 2011, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.....okay im not getting something???

how can we tell which element fits which person??? i dont know how water and sakura fit? O_O i just said earth....cause well....she can crush rocks...

She used her chakra to actually manipulate water into the shapes she needed to clear the poison out of Kankuro during the rescue Gaara arc. She hasn't been shown to actually be able to manipulate earth like she can water. Same goes for Tsunade with electricity (intensely controlled Lightning) versus earth manipulation.

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Dec 3 2011, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No it was water He used some water element jutsu before in part one

No, that was his "copy ninja" technique. Remember what Gai says in part 1- Chidori is Kakashi's only natural ability.

Edited by ciardha, 03 December 2011 - 08:40 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#66 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (Sir G @ Dec 3 2011, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not really complicated. Sasuke uses more advanced lightning manipulation hence it leads to a theory that he has a lightning affinity. He uses very basic fire techniques (blasting it out of his mouth) hence he may not have a fire affinity.

The fact that the Uchiha as a whole used fire based techniques doesn't mean every Uchiha has a fire affinity. That's just a general statement.

Add into the fact that the Uchiha were massacred before they can teach Sasuke anything, well, we see why Sasuke has a small library of fire techniques that we've seen so far.

Simple.

@Phantom, Actually, I think what Itachi used was called Clone Great Explosion technique. It's possible it was water because there was a nearby water source near their battlefield. Much easier to work with than calling a shadow clone into play.

#67 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 3 2011, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not really complicated. Sasuke uses more advanced lightning manipulation hence it leads to a theory that he has a lightning affinity. He uses very basic fire techniques (blasting it out of his mouth) hence he may not have a fire affinity.

The fact that the Uchiha as a whole used fire based techniques doesn't mean every Uchiha has a fire affinity. That's just a general statement.

Add into the fact that the Uchiha were massacred before they can teach Sasuke anything, well, we see why Sasuke has a small library of fire techniques that we've seen so far.

Simple.

@Phantom, Actually, I think what Itachi used was called Clone Great Explosion technique. It's possible it was water because there was a nearby water source near their battlefield. Much easier to work with than calling a shadow clone into play.

This. SU you hit it right on the mark.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#68 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Dec 3 2011, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She used her chakra to actually manipulate water into the shapes she needed to clear the poison out of Kankuro during the rescue Gaara arc. She hasn't been shown to actually be able to manipulate earth like she can water. Same goes for Tsunade with electricity (intensely controlled Lightning) versus earth manipulation.

No, that was his "copy ninja" technique. Remember what Gai says in part 1- Chidori is Kakashi's only natural ability.

Well, once you copy it you have it don't you? mellow.gif it's stuck in your head and you get it as your own or Sasuke wouldn't be lightning either, he's just "copying". As for Sakura I'd like for her to be water but apparantly manipulating that liquid medicine didn't count huh.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 03 December 2011 - 03:30 PM.

#69 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Dec 3 2011, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you mean it didn't count? I'm sure it was in the Manga...

I agree with Ciardha. Sakura does look more like a water. biggrin.gif Nicely worded. 111191.gif

Hmmm. You know.... If Sakura was able to master a water jutsu, her and Naruto can bring down Sasuke together. wub.gif

Water beats fire but is weak against lightning.

Lightning beats water but is weak against wind.

Fire beats wind but is weak against water.

Wind beats lightning but is weak against fire.

Well, this is just my imagination..... But it would be cool if they did fight him. Together... biggrin.gif

I meant it doesn't count as water manipulation apparently though I don't see why not. biggrin.gif

#70 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Dec 3 2011, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, once you copy it you have it don't you? mellow.gif it's stuck in your head and you get it as your own or Sasuke wouldn't be lightning either, he's just "copying". As for Sakura I'd like for her to be water but apparantly manipulating that liquid medicine didn't count huh.gif

No. If you copy a technique you do not use it to the same level as the actual person. Plus, you can't copy an affinity from what I gather. Sasuke is lightning because he uses lightning most often and uses it on a far more advanced level than any other element. Take it this way: Kirin vs. Great Fireball Technique. Both his strongest in both his elements. Honestly, tell me now what his affinity is.

naruto.gif

1. "This is worthless NONSENSE."
2. "This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view..."
3. "True, but quite unimportant."
4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#71 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (The Tax-Man @ Dec 3 2011, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. If you copy a technique you do not use it to the same level as the actual person. Plus, you can't copy an affinity from what I gather. Sasuke is lightning because he uses lightning most often and uses it on a far more advanced level than any other element. Take it this way: Kirin vs. Great Fireball Technique. Both his strongest in both his elements. Honestly, tell me now what his affinity is.

BUT Sasuke Copied lightning from Kakashi, that contradicts what you're saying

#72 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Dec 3 2011, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BUT Sasuke Copied lightning from Kakashi, that contradicts what you're saying

Do you believe that teaching=copying? Kakashi TAUGHT it to him, which later revealed that it was actually his affinity, but he just never knew it since he never tried anything but fire release. And also, Kakashi copied the rasengan and when he couldn't complete it, did the next best thing: chidori, which he later made into his signature move. Do you believe that that means lightning is not his affinity? sleep.gif Granted, copying might have aided Sasuke in learning the chidori, but that does not disqualify all the other evidence.

Edited by The Tax-Man, 04 December 2011 - 01:52 AM.

naruto.gif

4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#73 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Dec 2 2011, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Minato's name does not mean "whirlpool." Like I said, his name means "wind and waves." Uzumaki actually means "three-dimensional spiral" which can also be used for "whirlpool" or "Vortex." But Kushina is from the land of Whirlpools, so her chakra affinity being Water has a good merit, though unknown for sure.

Gaara's ability with sand is something he has.. It wasn't granted by the One-tail. His father could control sand too. In fact, he had the ability to control Gold dust. While it is widely believed Gaara's sand ability originated from the One-tail, it was only enhanced by it. It actually originated from his mother's love.

Sorry I meant the link to Water with Minato's name not link to Whirlpool.

Yes but when the One Tails was released when Gaara went to sleep, he was constructed from Sand, so that proves it is also a Sand Element bijuu, and we also saw it use Sand Jutsu's during it's battle so Wind Element is also a given, Gaara was sleeping at the time so the power being used was all the one tails. If he also got the power from his mother then it's either a coincidence or they have link with the one tails in the past, like how the Sharingan might have originated from Ten Tails looking at the flashback drawing of it, with the Sharingan/Rinnigan mix shown on it's eye. So it's possible that pervious hosts came from Gaara's decendents on his mothers side...also let's not forget the Red Hair which may or may not be a link to Uzumaki family.

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 1 2011, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whoa, when did they say his mother came from? I'm getting confused.... headscratch.gif

Are you sure you're not confusing Minato with Kushina, who did come from Whirlpool?

Um...Kushina told us herself when she helped Naruto defeat the Kyuubi, and before that was mentioned during the Jiraiya and Tsunade conversation about Naruto's parents before Jiraya went to spy on Pain.

http://www.mangaread...hapter-500.html

Here it clearly shows the place is covered by water, so i'm a bit confused by your statement, Minato was from Konoha as far as I know, and nothing has suggested otherwise, unless he was given his name because he was found abandoned a a port by a Konoha Ninja...hmm...there's an idea for a fic.

iAnby7W.gif

#74 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Dec 3 2011, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you mean it didn't count? I'm sure it was in the Manga...

I agree with Ciardha. Sakura does look more like a water. biggrin.gif Nicely worded. 111191.gif

Hmmm. You know.... If Sakura was able to master a water jutsu, her and Naruto can bring down Sasuke together. wub.gif

Water beats fire but is weak against lightning.

Lightning beats water but is weak against wind.

Fire beats wind but is weak against water.

Wind beats lightning but is weak against fire.

Well, this is just my imagination..... But it would be cool if they did fight him. Together... biggrin.gif

It would fit with the pattern: Hashirama+Mito defeated Madara and Kyuubi, Minato+Kushina defeated the Kyuubi, and Jiraiya+Tsunade defeated Orochimaru
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#75 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE (The Tax-Man @ Dec 3 2011, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you believe that teaching=copying? Kakashi TAUGHT it to him, which later revealed that it was actually his affinity, but he just never knew it since he never tried anything but fire release. And also, Kakashi copied the rasengan and when he couldn't complete it, did the next best thing: chidori, which he later made into his signature move. Do you believe that that means lightning is not his affinity? sleep.gif Granted, copying might have aided Sasuke in learning the chidori, but that does not disqualify all the other evidence.

And he learned it THROUGH his Sharingan. therefor it's the same concept as copying. You stated earlier copying something doesn't mean you're proficient with it but you can train it and that's what Sasuke did. If lightning is Sasuke's affinity it would be his first nature release,like with Naruto and wind. He acquired the lightning element by copying Kakashi then trained him self to use it effectively. I rest my case. cool.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 04 December 2011 - 04:59 PM.

#76 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Dec 3 2011, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry I meant the link to Water with Minato's name not link to Whirlpool.

Yes but when the One Tails was released when Gaara went to sleep, he was constructed from Sand, so that proves it is also a Sand Element bijuu, and we also saw it use Sand Jutsu's during it's battle so Wind Element is also a given, Gaara was sleeping at the time so the power being used was all the one tails. If he also got the power from his mother then it's either a coincidence or they have link with the one tails in the past, like how the Sharingan might have originated from Ten Tails looking at the flashback drawing of it, with the Sharingan/Rinnigan mix shown on it's eye. So it's possible that pervious hosts came from Gaara's decendents on his mothers side...also let's not forget the Red Hair which may or may not be a link to Uzumaki family.

Um...Kushina told us herself when she helped Naruto defeat the Kyuubi, and before that was mentioned during the Jiraiya and Tsunade conversation about Naruto's parents before Jiraya went to spy on Pain.

http://www.mangaread...hapter-500.html

Here it clearly shows the place is covered by water, so i'm a bit confused by your statement, Minato was from Konoha as far as I know, and nothing has suggested otherwise, unless he was given his name because he was found abandoned a a port by a Konoha Ninja...hmm...there's an idea for a fic.

Oh, you were talking about Naruto... I thought you were talking about Minato when you were referring to a 'he.' Also because you kept talking about Minato, so I thought you were referring to Minato all this time.... My, that's a redundant sentence....

#77 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Dec 3 2011, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And he learned it THROUGH his Sharingan. therefor it's the same concept as copying. You stated earlier copying something doesn't mean you're proficient with it but you can train it and that's what Sasuke did. If lightning is Sasuke's affinity it would be his first nature release,like with Naruto and wind. He acquired the lightning element by copying Kakashi then trained him self to use it effectively. I rest my case. cool.gif

OMFG :insertfacepalmhere:

He did not, I repeat, did NOT learn it through the sharingan. But whatever. You're saying that his first nature is his affinity. That's just naive to assume. The word 'affinity' means what he is most suited to. He is obviously not suited to his first nature. He's suited to lightning more, as I have explained. What I'm saying is that he didn't KNOW lightning was his affinity, just like NARUTO wouldn't unless he used the chakra paper. Heck, Kakashi could have tried to teach him fire too for all we care. Sasuke tried lightning, and he is suited to it more than fire. Therefore, lightning is his affinity. Your arguments about his 'first' element are pointless. Your first love is not always your true love, my friend.

naruto.gif

4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#78 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:51 PM

Hey hey, If you're saying fire is not his affinity just cause he struggled with it then it's the same as saying wind is not Naruto's affinity cause he didn't get it on the spot either. And Sasuke DID learn through his Sharingan. You think he activates it on JUST to look bad ass? Poor analogy on comparing chakra nature to love too. Love is a CHOICE cool.gif

#79 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Dec 4 2011, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey hey, If you're saying fire is not his affinity just cause he struggled with it then it's the same as saying wind is not Naruto's affinity cause he didn't get it on the spot either. And Sasuke DID learn through his Sharingan. You think he activates it on JUST to look bad ass? Poor analogy on comparing chakra nature to love too. Love is a CHOICE cool.gif

okay im not sure whats going on here.

but i though the fire technique was just a jutsu he learned??.......and i thought lighting was his element cause he expanded on it????

or maybe...HE HAS TWO >:D???

#80 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Dec 4 2011, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sigh... That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that the fire techniques he uses are basic for an Uchiha. He never expanded on them, but he DID make tons of lightning techniques and uses it as if he was born with it. SO he's obviously more suited to and comfortable using the lightning element. Hence the 'affinity' part. And no, Naruto did not struggle. Teach him earth and we'll see then. And Sasuke struggled with fire WAY more than lightning, a bit contradictory if he was BORN with it, ne?

Edited by The Tax-Man, 04 December 2011 - 11:24 PM.

naruto.gif

4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users