4307 replies to this topic

#1721 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 01:23 PM

Well I in fact will say that I DO love Fairy Tail More than Naruto at this point. 

Edited by Phantom_999, 08 April 2016 - 03:28 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#1722 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:14 PM

I think I'd like to agree too Naruto had it's superiority over Fairy Tail in my eyes before 699/700 However it looks like the tides are shifting towards Fairy Tail, and I gotta say this arc is turning out to be very promising. I mean there have been a few asspulls here and there like the whole Happy situation, and "Because She's Erza" nonsense, but for the most part I'm really liking it.  Especially with how this week's chapter is setting up for next week:

My review incase anyone is interested: 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 10 November 2014 - 03:15 PM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#1723 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:32 PM

I agree. That said, Mashima has stated in one of the volume afterwords that he intends to make this arc to be make or break for the series. So yes, I think this arc will change the series in a big way, going all the way up to the big finish with Zeref.

If we're talking about potential deaths, then Igneel is right at the top of the list. Minerva is probably second, followed by Makarov or Mavis.

That's the thing, the Master, Mavis, Igneel and Minerva won't have the same inpact, Master has dodged the bullet twice already, so he feels like he's living on borrowed time, Mavis we've thought was dead anyway and Ingeel while is important to Natsu, I don't think he'd have the same inpact for the readers, same with Minevra, It would be like Ultears sacrifice, it had an impact on Grey but it wasn't like killing of Jiraiya, it didn't really affect the readers the same way.

Honestly the biggest impact the manga had was when Lucy sacrificed her golden key Aquarius, even if she didn't die, it's the closest the manga has come to making you feel like a charactor died. That moment was really emotionally charged and even though a part of me feels like the key will end up in Lucy's hands soon after the arc is over (again this is a side effect of the way Mashima writes, you don't feel that the sacrifice will stick) .

Well i'm going to continue with the manga hopefully it will still surprise me. Though I think If Naruto was the lead of Fairy Tail, (So Naruto with his history, and all other charactors from FT) the manga would probably overtake Naruto in his own manga.

iAnby7W.gif

#1724 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:12 PM

https://mobile.twitt...ID10,3732371524

volume 46 from twitter

Gruvia huh!!

#1725 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:07 AM

That's the thing, the Master, Mavis, Igneel and Minerva won't have the same inpact, Master has dodged the bullet twice already, so he feels like he's living on borrowed time, Mavis we've thought was dead anyway and Ingeel while is important to Natsu, I don't think he'd have the same inpact for the readers, same with Minevra, It would be like Ultears sacrifice, it had an impact on Grey but it wasn't like killing of Jiraiya, it didn't really affect the readers the same way.

Honestly the biggest impact the manga had was when Lucy sacrificed her golden key Aquarius, even if she didn't die, it's the closest the manga has come to making you feel like a charactor died. That moment was really emotionally charged and even though a part of me feels like the key will end up in Lucy's hands soon after the arc is over (again this is a side effect of the way Mashima writes, you don't feel that the sacrifice will stick) .

Well i'm going to continue with the manga hopefully it will still surprise me. Though I think If Naruto was the lead of Fairy Tail, (So Naruto with his history, and all other charactors from FT) the manga would probably overtake Naruto in his own manga.

Hmm... I have to disagree with you on Igneel. I'm sure you already read Rave Master, so you probably know what happened to Gale. Guy showed up for an arc, only to get killed at the end of the arc. Gale's death was pretty moving to me. So if Mashima plays his cards right, he could definitely pull off Igneel's death well like he did with Gale.

But I can see why it wouldn't have much of an impact due to its predictable nature (for those who read Rave, anyway).

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#1726 JG111580

JG111580

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:06 AM

Fairy Tail is now my favorite manga. I have read and begun collecting Rave Master, the mangaka's previous work. If the ending of Rave Master is any indication, I am much more hopeful for a terrific conclusion to Fairy Tail. Plus, I have not yet read an arc that has disappointed me. Can't wait to see where it all goes.

#1727 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:38 AM

Fairy Tail is now my favorite manga. I have read and begun collecting Rave Master, the mangaka's previous work. If the ending of Rave Master is any indication, I am much more hopeful for a terrific conclusion to Fairy Tail. Plus, I have not yet read an arc that has disappointed me. Can't wait to see where it all goes.

Well the only arc that was kinda lackluster was The Grand Magic Games Arc, but that's just my opinion. Every other arc's been great especially this current arc. 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 03 December 2014 - 03:38 AM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#1728 AnimeGirl_123

AnimeGirl_123

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:25 AM

I just caught up with this series again! Glad I did, 10x better than Naruto. lol And the pairings are actually well developed. Kudos to Mashima. Is there a pairings thread for FT?

NARUTO X SAKURA

444.gif

#1729 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:56 AM

I just caught up with this series again! Glad I did, 10x better than Naruto. lol And the pairings are actually well developed. Kudos to Mashima. Is there a pairings thread for FT?

well I want a pairing thread too for FT :cry:

#1730 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:40 PM

Hmm... I have to disagree with you on Igneel. I'm sure you already read Rave Master, so you probably know what happened to Gale. Guy showed up for an arc, only to get killed at the end of the arc. Gale's death was pretty moving to me. So if Mashima plays his cards right, he could definitely pull off Igneel's death well like he did with Gale.

But I can see why it wouldn't have much of an impact due to its predictable nature (for those who read Rave, anyway).

Yeah but Rave was different to Fairy tail in that we saw multiple charactor sacrifices, for me it was Sieg fried? it was Sieg something (the one that looks like Jellal) His sacrifice had a great impact, then again so did Reina...I honestly can't remember Gales arc much, weren't there two Gales in the manga?

Mashima did a very good job with building the relationship between these fringe charactors that left a lasting inpact throughout the manga...he's used the about to die but survives card too often with Fairy Tail charactors that self sacrifice moments have become the norm, only most of the time it doesn't stick.

This weeks chapter was another example of one of the problems I have with the manga, the Nakama power-up, Natsu once again destroyed everything thanks to the power of Nakama...though can't deny the way the relationships are built are so amazing, Fairy Tail is a family, you can feel the bond between Natsu and Gray, they are Naruto and Sasuke done a million times better, If Gray walked the pardon the pun but the grey path from the next arc, you'd feel Natsu's pain of not being able to stop his best friend from leaving. No one would deny that Natsu needs to save his best friend and not kill him for any crimes he might commit.

iAnby7W.gif

#1731 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:00 PM

While I do have problems with the series, it is a fun read and I do like the characters (just take it easy on fan service). It's not needlessly complicated, so you can follow the story easier and things are more convincing than Naruto in terms of handling things. That's not to say there are no rushed moments, but again, no one went beyond the level where you can say, "You sure you want to save him?" Pairings are simple but good, and I like that. So yeah, go ahead and read. Worth checking out.

#1732 JG111580

JG111580

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:51 AM

I think the simplicity is what I like about it. The humor is rarely missing for long. While characters are added, the core group doesn't seem to lose the focus. The miraculous comebacks are sometimes a little over the top, but I like to see the characters triumph over adversity. It's just a fun story.

#1733 NarutoIzDaMan

NarutoIzDaMan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:17 PM

I'm interested in checking out Fairy Tail (anime and manga) but I just have one question - is Natsu Dragneel a badass main character in comparison to part 2 Naruto (he basically became Sasuke's b^##h)?

"You're the only shinobi in the world who can surpass the Fourth Hokage, that's what I believe" ~ Hatake Kakashi

#1734 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:54 PM

well I want a pairing thread too for FT :cry:

I haven't watched Fairy Tail yet but the only thing I know about the pairings is that I ship Loki/Leo x Lucy. They look soooo cute together! <3

#1735 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:22 AM

I'm interested in checking out Fairy Tail (anime and manga) but I just have one question - is Natsu Dragneel a badass main character in comparison to part 2 Naruto (he basically became Sasuke's b^##h)?

Natsu design inspire from luffy. So yes he is badass. Actually any shonen hero > naruto.

#1736 Guest_yellowflash_*

Guest_yellowflash_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:10 AM

I just started but I must say that I'm really enjoying it so far. Everything about it seems really cheerful and fun.

#1737 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:45 AM

I haven't watched Fairy Tail yet but the only thing I know about the pairings is that I ship Loki/Leo x Lucy. They look soooo cute together! <3

They're cute, but they don't get much support in later parts of the manga.  I think the current anime filler arc might give a bit more air time to them, the way it's going. 

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

#1738 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:20 AM

They're cute, but they don't get much support in later parts of the manga.  I think the current anime filler arc might give a bit more air time to them, the way it's going. 

Really? That's a shame... I've seen the clips where Leo hugs Lucy and saves her and just thought "whoa"--this guy's intensely passionate! Not to mention sexy. <3
I know most people ship NatsuLucy and I don't mind them but I haven't really seen any clear-cut romantic attraction between the two... They're listed as "semi-canon" in the wiki couples but I don't really know what the hell that means so I'm hesitant to ship. I'll have to watch Fairy Tail some more.

#1739 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:26 AM

You might want to keep an eye out for the omakes because that's where a lot of the NaLu moments come from. Their development is so subtle in the main storyline that if you didn't read the omakes, you wouldn't be sure that their relationship is anything beyond friendship. I think the GMG arc is a lot more blunt about it, though.

GaLe (and ElfEver) are a hell lot more obvious. Seriously, just read the Air chapter, and if you told me that it's anything but romantic, then you're kittening blind. Sadly though, Gajeel is obviously facing his own issues, which is why he still can't accept the fact that he's done more than enough to atone himself. Hopefully, his scrap metal heap of a father can drill some sense into him. That, or he really is as dense as we think he is.

I think even Natsu's already figured it out what he's got for Lucy since a while ago. I can actually see Grandine fainting at the fact that Igneel's boy actually GETS it.

Oh, one last thing. FT is by far the most peaceful shipping fandom I've encountered. So it's really worth your time spending in the fandom.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#1740 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:44 AM

You might want to keep an eye out for the omakes because that's where a lot of the NaLu moments come from. Their development is so subtle in the main storyline that if you didn't read the omakes, you wouldn't be sure that their relationship is anything beyond friendship. I think the GMG arc is a lot more blunt about it, though.

GaLe (and ElfEver) are a hell lot more obvious. Seriously, just read the Air chapter, and if you told me that it's anything but romantic, then you're kittening blind. Sadly though, Gajeel is obviously facing his own issues, which is why he still can't accept the fact that he's done more than enough to atone himself. Hopefully, his scrap metal heap of a father can drill some sense into him. That, or he really is as dense as we think he is.

I think even Natsu's already figured it out what he's got for Lucy since a while ago. I can actually see Grandine fainting at the fact that Igneel's boy actually GETS it.

Oh, one last thing. FT is by far the most peaceful shipping fandom I've encountered. So it's really worth your time spending in the fandom.

I feel the main storyline has a good amount for the pairing as nice as they can be, but Omake does add layers, so I do believe it's believable in both ways. Not like hard to read only going by the main storyline, just omake adds more to it. That's a good thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users