Close
Photo

What if Naruto would've accepted Sakura's confession?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#21 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Jul 21 2012, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't think he would make one of the main characters look that bad? He uh...he showed Sasuke almost murder Sakura. lol

Whatever the case, if she didn't know for sure that she loves him, it was a horrible, horrible move.

Well Sasuke is suppose to be bad, so makes more sense for his character to come out bad.

Also, I just want to get this clear, I will always defend Sakura for her actions in the Summit arc, I even forgive her for those same actions.
But I NEVER denied that they were a horrible moves.

#22 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:03 AM

err....well if he accepted it....

then......naruto wouldnt have fought sasuke.....and karin would have proabably died....cause sakura wouldnt have healed her...

and it would be akward.....cause.....idk...she didnt seem totoally honest.....

.....i know she loves naruto...but at that time she didnt even know she loved him that much.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#23 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Jul 21 2012, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really just can't buy it. I can't. Maybe if it wasn't preceded by conspiracy to break the news to Naruto because he is in love with her, maybe if it wasn't painted to be a deliberate attempt at manipulation and there wasn't an agenda behind it, I could believe the confusion pitch. But I can't. Whether the confession was an outright lie, or whether she simply wasn't sure yet, she had to have known that what she was saying was not true. Not the way she was saying it. A non-truth and a lie are the same thing. If it wasn't true, it was a lie. Maybe it was a lie with good intentions, maybe the lie doesn't necessarily mean that she doesn't really love him, but in the moment, it was a lie.

I understand, but really it isn't about whether or not you buy it. It's about what the AUTHOR wants you to buy. I don't buy it that Sakura is still in love with Sasuke, despite all the horrible things he's done. But Kishi has shown us that she still has feelings for him, so obviously he is trying to show us that she's still in love with him, despite what little reason the author has given us that she should still have those feelings. It's mostly about the author's intent, and how well he portrays certain things. I think he portrayed Sasuke and Sakura's relationship HORRIBLY, yet we still are force to believe she is still in love with him.

Admittably the whole confuse feelings is actually speculation, but it's speculation that is supported by hints (the third data book, which down right says it, and Sai's and Yamato's implication she has stronger feelings for Naruto). Also, like I said, I doubt Kishi will make one of the main characters, who isn't a villain or anti-hero, look that badly INTENTIONALLY (unless, of course, he hates that character). Really, it's all up to how much you're willing to accept in a story that allows you buy it or not.

Edited by Transformers03, 21 July 2012 - 08:32 AM.

#24 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (Transformers03 @ Jul 21 2012, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I understand, but really it isn't about whether or not you buy it. It's about what the AUTHOR wants you to buy. I don't buy it that Sakura is still in love with Sasuke, despite all the horrible things he's done. But Kishi has shown us that she still has feelings for him, so obviously he is trying to show us that she's still in love with him, despite what little reason the author has given us that she should still have those feelings. It's mostly about the author's intent, and how well he portrays certain things. I think he portrayed Sasuke and Sakura's relationship HORRIBLY, yet we still are force to believe she is still in love with him.

Admittably the whole confuse feelings is actually speculation, but it's speculation that is supported by hints (the third data book, which down right says it, and Sai's and Yamato's implication she has stronger feelings for Naruto). Also, like I said, I doubt Kishi will make one of the main characters, who isn't a villain or anti-hero, look that badly INTENTIONALLY (unless, of course, he hates that character). Really, it's all up to how much you're willing to accept in a story that allows you buy it or not.

I'm not saying that her feelings for Naruto are not confused, and that she has a solid stance one way or the other of what she feels. My point on her confession in the Summit Arc has nothing to do with her feelings now, then, or ever. My only point is that there was nothing confused about that confession. That act was contrived, she knew what she was saying, and she knew exactly why she was saying it. And whether or not it actually had anything to do with feelings of love, she did have an agenda and an intended outcome. Whether or not that ended up in him believing her confession, she had likely intended to sort that out later. Or, gave it no thought at all. Who knows? But we know for a fact that it was to sway his mind in his pursuit of Sasuke. That was the whole point.
On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#25 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Jul 21 2012, 03:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really just can't buy it. I can't. Maybe if it wasn't preceded by conspiracy to break the news to Naruto because he is in love with her, maybe if it wasn't painted to be a deliberate attempt at manipulation and there wasn't an agenda behind it, I could believe the confusion pitch. But I can't. Whether the confession was an outright lie, or whether she simply wasn't sure yet, she had to have known that what she was saying was not true. Not the way she was saying it. A non-truth and a lie are the same thing. If it wasn't true, it was a lie. Maybe it was a lie with good intentions, maybe the lie doesn't necessarily mean that she doesn't really love him, but in the moment, it was a lie.

I don't approve of what Sakura did in the confession at all. Maybe it was a lie if she wasn't sure of her feelings but I still think it's better than knowing she doesn't know him and lying about it. That paints her in a very bad light. I guess both kinda do but her being unsure isn't as bad.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#26 TyranntX

TyranntX

Undisputed King of the Dinosaurs

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku (duh), Dinosaurs, anime, Starcraft, and skyrim.

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

I beleive that deep down Naruto did want to accept her confession, but could not becaue of some unfinnished buisness. i.e. Sasuke and the akaski.
Once they are out of the way. Naruto will be more than willing to start a relationship with sakura.

tyrantrum.gif

NaruSaku

Check out my Youtube Channel!

https://www.youtube....TyranntX/videos

#27 GlucoseGlutton

GlucoseGlutton

Professional Trash

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:SakuHina tbh

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:17 AM

All I've got to say is babies. Lots and lots of babies.

I rest my case emoticon_monocle.gif

tumblr_mvi3cfp7Sy1rb7h2eo3_500.jpg

#28 Orenji

Orenji

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (Bubbleyum @ Aug 20 2012, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#29 TheClover

TheClover

Not with that yangire attitude, young lady.

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Ask! :)

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (Bubbleyum @ Aug 20 2012, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#30 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:30 AM

And finally get rid of that sexual tension between them.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#31 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Aug 21 2012, 06:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hur hur hur

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#32 GlucoseGlutton

GlucoseGlutton

Professional Trash

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:SakuHina tbh

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Aug 21 2012, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tumblr_mvi3cfp7Sy1rb7h2eo3_500.jpg

#33 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Jul 21 2012, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not saying that her feelings for Naruto are not confused, and that she has a solid stance one way or the other of what she feels. My point on her confession in the Summit Arc has nothing to do with her feelings now, then, or ever. My only point is that there was nothing confused about that confession. That act was contrived, she knew what she was saying, and she knew exactly why she was saying it. And whether or not it actually had anything to do with feelings of love, she did have an agenda and an intended outcome. Whether or not that ended up in him believing her confession, she had likely intended to sort that out later. Or, gave it no thought at all. Who knows? But we know for a fact that it was to sway his mind in his pursuit of Sasuke. That was the whole point.

Right before the confession, we did see Sakura cry when she was thinking about Naruto. She did what she had to do so that he wouldn't have to die for her, although it seems she did not realise that Naruto was not trying to save Sasuke because of his promise to her - but because he considered Sasuke a friend.

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Jul 21 2012, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't think he would make one of the main characters look that bad? He uh...he showed Sasuke almost murder Sakura. lol

Whatever the case, if she didn't know for sure that she loves him, it was a horrible, horrible move.

Sai said it himself -- she was willing to risk being hated by Naruto if it meant she could save his life.

Edited by Nefertieh, 01 September 2012 - 10:53 AM.

Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#34 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:43 PM

Sakura lied but I don't blame her for it. Take in to consideration that Sakura was in the village when heard about what naruto would go to do and also she heard about sasuke so I think that it showed that she was thinking about Naruto's well-being even if it was a lie or not. I think we also forgetting what Kishimoto made sakura's character like so expect more mistakes in the future. I think she also probably knew that if she told him straight up that she and that rest of k9 wanted to kill sasuke it would hurt him. Now notice that at the summit arc Naruto's mental picture of team 7 shattered...that can be an indication that Naruto's childish view of Sakura and Sasuke wasn't really what it was. When I say childish view of Sakura I meant that He viewed Sakura as the pre-timeskip Sakura. The Sakura who wanted sasuke back at all cost but when she told him to forget about that sasuke and dont bother trying bring sasuke back it shocked him( I think she was serious about not bringing sasuke back but about stop loving him I think she is confused). With sasuke, masked man/obito shattered his view of sasuke since he told naruto sasuke is going down the road of hatred. I dont think sakura loves sasuke per say but I would say she is confused about him.

#35 Lady_duckish

Lady_duckish

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

Her intentions were noble, but if there was no truth in anything she said, then she really could have gone about it another way.
She didn't have to mention anything about having feelings for Naruto. She could have said something like, "I no longer carry feelings for Sasuke, so please don't continue to seek him out". Why even mention anything about having feelings for Naruto?
I can see why Naruto would be extremely hurt by this. To have someone you've always felt so strongly about manipulate you that way. Not that I think she should be hung if she was BSing . She made a mistake, but her intentions were were good.

I'm of the faith that she does have feelings for him, but even she doesn't realize how they've changed since the formation of team 7. She has come a long way. She was willing to let go of seeing the man she loves all for the sake of Naruto. Nothing to turn our noses up at biggrin.gif

Please correct me if I say something that has been previously voided. Ive been gone from the Narto scene for a very long time. Hell, I don't even remember the email or the username I had when I began posting on here years ago mellow.gif

"Thursday cry moved up to Wednesday due to scheduling conflicts" -The Onion (I laughed till I cried)

#36 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:14 AM

She was being honest in loving Naruto but she lied about not caring for Sasuke anymore Naruto saw her lie when she mentioned not caring for him anymore.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#37 AnaHatakechan

AnaHatakechan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

Oh gosh...I could list many things of what could have happened if Naruto accepted Sakura's confession...*fangirl scream*
*cough* Anyway...
In my mind,
They'd argue. Steamy argument wink.gif before Naruto kisses her and have a make out session in front of everybody xD!
O_o'...I'm glad that didn't happen tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users