• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 Cynthia

Cynthia

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:29 AM

I went onto fanfiction.net today, and I searched "narusaku", right?
There were about 2,000 fics. Not bad.
And THEN I searched "sasusaku", just to see how they compare.
11,000 fics.
We need more fanfiction, because narusaku deserves it. biggrin.gif

#2 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:32 AM

meh quality over quantity

read mine and see what you think then =^__^=
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#3 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:49 AM

That's plenty enough. At least you have a huge amount to pick from while other fandoms get no love whatsoever. I want more Code Geass, Full Metal Panic!, Gundam 00 (that isn't yaoi) Kaze no Stigma, Macross Frontier, and Rosario + Vampire, fanfiction. NaruSaku alone has more fanfics then these fandoms combined.

EDIT: moved to fiction press.

#4 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (Cynthia @ Aug 9 2009, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I went onto fanfiction.net today, and I searched "narusaku", right?
There were about 2,000 fics. Not bad.
And THEN I searched "sasusaku", just to see how they compare.
11,000 fics.
We need more fanfiction, because narusaku deserves it. biggrin.gif

Did you search ''NaruHina?'' That pairing has the most number of fics for any Naruto pairing, but that's all right, because this is how I see it;

NaruSaku doesn't have that many fanfictions because it doesn't need it; we've got more than enough REAL moments, as to where SasuSaku and NaruHina have to write oodles of their own stuff, because they've both got basically nothing to show. So, LET them write millions of fanfictions, I say - we'll just chill and enjoy our REAL stuff.

#5 digifruit

digifruit

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE (FrutyLishis @ Aug 9 2009, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NaruSaku doesn't have that many fanfictions because it doesn't need it; we've got more than enough REAL moments, as to where SasuSaku and NaruHina have to write oodles of their own stuff, because they've both got basically nothing to show. So, LET them write millions of fanfictions, I say - we'll just chill and enjoy our REAL stuff.

I think I enjoy reading fanfiction more than the "REAL" stuff though, haha. I think Kishimoto's natural creativity is constrained too much by the limitations of the shounen manga format, so no matter how many "real" NaruSaku moments he throws at us, it's just kind of hard to enjoy them as much.

#6 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:55 AM

QUOTE (digifruit @ Aug 10 2009, 01:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I enjoy reading fanfiction more than the "REAL" stuff though, haha. I think Kishimoto's natural creativity is constrained too much by the limitations of the shounen manga format, so no matter how many "real" NaruSaku moments he throws at us, it's just kind of hard to enjoy them as much.

Point taken. And I enjoy reading fanfiction too, as well as yours, but I was just saying that NaruHina and SasuSaku barely have anything to show so they compensate by writing TONS of fiction. I was simply trying to make a point; I'll never stop reading fanfiction! happy.gif

#7 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:55 PM

All about Quality over Quantity as Catsi said, I'd rather there be few high quality fics than thousands of crap fics. It's like how TV used to be, we had just a handful of channels but they all had quality shows on them, now we have hundreds and the quality has gone down with only a handful of programmes worth watching.

You just have to see the fics from Digifruit, Denim, Paradox Jast, Catsi, Shivakashi, Peanutbutter and a few others who'se names elude me at the moment, they all write fics of high quality, and not flood the market with sub-standard, unorignal, badly written fics. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the majority of NaruHina fics have Sakura as a superbiatch, who calls Naruto a demon, Hinata as a assertive charactor, and Naruto actually having a crush on Hinata but not admit it because of her position in the village. or maybe even have a pre-arranged marraige made by their parents before either were born.

iAnby7W.gif

#8 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Aug 15 2009, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All about Quality over Quantity as Catsi said, I'd rather there be few high quality fics than thousands of crap fics. It's like how TV used to be, we had just a handful of channels but they all had quality shows on them, now we have hundreds and the quality has gone down with only a handful of programmes worth watching.

You just have to see the fics from Digifruit, Denim, Paradox Jast, Catsi, Shivakashi, Peanutbutter and a few others who'se names elude me at the moment, they all write fics of high quality, and not flood the market with sub-standard, unorignal, badly written fics. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the majority of NaruHina fics have Sakura as a superbiatch, who calls Naruto a demon, Hinata as a assertive charactor, and Naruto actually having a crush on Hinata but not admit it because of her position in the village. or maybe even have a pre-arranged marraige made by their parents before either were born.

Yeah that how some of them are rolleyes.gif. I just ask if they have been reading the Manga and then leave if that ever happens xD.

I agree that I would like quality of quantity. I think that a few are crap but just a few . Plus its not that popular in the Naruto fandom.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 16 August 2009 - 03:07 AM.

#9 ebonydreads

ebonydreads

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:21 AM

Like people have already said, quality over quantity. Why lose sleep over something like not having as many fics as another fandom? Let's be content with what we have: some beautiful, compelling gems that we can treasure.

#10 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:22 PM

Well, we are a smaller fandom compared to the other pairings. That paves the way for more quality writers, as everyone has already said, for some really great fanfics.

It's like when pairings about NaruIno for example had such a low fan base and maybe a page worth of stories. However, those few fanfics were great, where you had to search every 15 pages of the popular pairing pages to find a decent story.

#11 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 03 September 2009 - 01:13 PM

Quality over Quantity like catsi said, For example last year when I began reading Naruto fanfiction I went looking around the fandoms to see some fics, let's just say that I started in Naruhina and was dispointed, so many people talked about it like god's gift to anime and manga, but in the end it's utterly completely boring, it took me one day to go to the Narusaku fandom, a fandom which I like cuz I'm a lover of Tsundere Charecters (Sakura and Asuka from Evangelion are my favorites Tsunderes.) The fics weren't a lot but they had what I was looking for QUALITY and good romance, then I started taking more attention to things like the moments in the Anime and Manga and then tcharam here am I assumed NaruSalu fan and loving it. (I know what I'm going to say is shallow but bear it with, my first reasoning for NaruSaku was if in Evangelion Shinji and Asuka can like eachother and Asuka is a b**ch tht makes sakura look tame why can't NaruSaku work, sincerely I just love Tsundere pairings. And now with the whole proof and all about NaruSaku I just love it even More.) TSUNDERE'S FTW.

#12 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:33 PM

Whirpol it's one of the things that completely baffles me about Sakura haters, many of them are perfectly fine with Nami beating Luffy all the time, or Rukia beating up Ichigo...it's mind bonggling how that is fine yet it's domestic violence when Sakura does it?

Wierd thing is the couple of NaruHina fics I tried, Hinata was quite literally Sakura without a crush on Sasuke....wierd...it might be a different story in real life, but in Fanfic and great romance stories in general the female charactor is not a meek quite sutterring girl...would one with the Wind be a classic if the female lead fainted and stuttered everytime she came face to face with the lead charactor? Heck no, you want something more than mindless fluff.

iAnby7W.gif

#13 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Sep 3 2009, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whirpol it's one of the things that completely baffles me about Sakura haters, many of them are perfectly fine with Nami beating Luffy all the time, or Rukia beating up Ichigo...it's mind bonggling how that is fine yet it's domestic violence when Sakura does it?

I think Sakura beating up Naruto is a little different then other tsundere relationships since some people see Naruto as a "door mat" who full on takes Sakura's beating without any sort of retaliation. I admit I did have a problem with this myself at first but after the Gaara fight at the end of the Chunnin exams that washed away my issue with it and didn't bother me since I saw Naruto's devotion to Sakura. However, the majority of the fandom would see otherwise since it seems as if Naruto takes on the abuse of Sakura and doesn't say/do anything about it (and the anime plays this up a lot so it seems really overblown).

* Nami/Luffy isn't really a tsundere relationship since Luffy is pretty much assexual and well...he's an idiot (but still a cool idiot of course).
* Rukia/Ichigo works both ways since Ichigo isn't afraid to insult Rukia (he calls her a b*tch quite often) and smacks her just as much as she does him.
* Asuka/Shinji....well Shinji well on deserves all the abuse seeing how his personality is. And he has choked the hell out of Asuka and even left her to die in EoE so it seems a fair bargain.

I'd say NaruSaku is pretty comparable to KeiNaru from Love Hina and RanmaAkane from Ranma ½. Both male leads tend to take on the brute force of their love interests without "striking" back at them. And just like Sakura, Naru and Akane are tended to be really hated within their respective fandoms for this reason. Not all tsunderes are created equal; it depends on how the author of the series defines the relationship between them and their male counterparts.

#14 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:40 AM

Well if you guys go to FF.net find my profile: hopestar, then on communtity is H&E. There I chosen some of the best quality NS fics out of 900.

Those including: training for the job, witchblade sakura, better late than never, & many more...

Of course there are better fics than what I selected so eventually I may have to read fics from past to present to add more.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#15 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:05 AM

I think Sakura beating up Naruto is a little different then other tsundere relationships since some people see Naruto as a "door mat" who full on takes Sakura's beating without any sort of retaliation. I admit I did have a problem with this myself at first but after the Gaara fight at the end of the Chunnin exams that washed away my issue with it and didn't bother me since I saw Naruto's devotion to Sakura. However, the majority of the fandom would see otherwise since it seems as if Naruto takes on the abuse of Sakura and doesn't say/do anything about it (and the anime plays this up a lot so it seems really overblown).

* Nami/Luffy isn't really a tsundere relationship since Luffy is pretty much assexual and well...he's an idiot (but still a cool idiot of course).
* Rukia/Ichigo works both ways since Ichigo isn't afraid to insult Rukia (he calls her a b*tch quite often) and smacks her just as much as she does him.
* Asuka/Shinji....well Shinji well on deserves all the abuse seeing how his personality is. And he has choked the hell out of Asuka and even left her to die in EoE so it seems a fair bargain.

I'd say NaruSaku is pretty comparable to KeiNaru from Love Hina and RanmaAkane from Ranma ½. Both male leads tend to take on the brute force of their love interests without "striking" back at them. And just like Sakura, Naru and Akane are tended to be really hated within their respective fandoms for this reason. Not all tsunderes are created equal; it depends on how the author of the series defines the relationship between them and their male counterparts.

I can't talk about Love Hina, but Ranma/Akane isn't comparable in the sense you mean. Ranma yelled back and insulted back, and often picked on Akane for no reason. And, personally, I never hated Akane. As far as I have seen, her haters usually hate her because she's in the way of their favoured pairings. She being violent is nothing but an excuse because they ship Ranma with girls are more violent Akane, or have struck Ranma a lot of times or have abused him, exploited and disrespected in every way, shape or form.

Now, even if I agree with your last sentence, I yet can't see the difference. And frankly, I don't understand why it's a big deal or why some people make an issue of it.

Sakura's blows -which are very overplayed in the anime and whose importance, frequency and lethability is way overblown by the anti-NS fandom- never bothered me. The first time I saw Sakura yelling at and hitting Naruto right after he thought he liked her, I thought: "I wager they'll end up together". The thought I ought to take seriously her outbursts of violence never occurred to me.

On topic. It's true you find less NaruSaku fics using the character filter, but it doesn't bother me. Our shipped pairing isn't so popular like others, and the character filter is a relatively new feature. Thus, there're many old NS stories it doesn't find. And I also preffer quality about quantity. I don't require more NS fics than non-NS ones in FF.Net. I require they are good.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#16 Blue Jeans

Blue Jeans

Narcisst

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:manga, anime, writing, reading, computers, history, pyschology, philosophy, politics, mathematics, statistics, chemistry, genetics, physics, cryptography, programming

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:32 PM

It's more Kaoru/Kenshin from RK; or Chrno/Rosette from Chrno Crusade... I think.
OTP NaruSaku
Crack Pairings KakaSaku, SaiSaku
Respected/Possible Canon Pairing SasuSaku
Cannot Stand NaruHina (at least not the fandom, anyway), NaruTsu, NaruSaku'sMom (Ew.), Naru/Anyone'sMomOrGrandma, SakuJir, SakuIta, SakuVillainThat'sNotKabuto

I generally tend not to really like pure romance or WAFF because they are usually badly written. I like a good old dramedy with a nice side of romance. Give me plot, character development anyday over the regular stuff.

#17 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:07 AM

Let's all thank Catsi for that wonderful statement -- Quality over Quantity!

It sums up everything that we are trying to say about this.

*claps*

Though we have less fanfics in FF.net, NaruSaku stories are much better, much more believable, and closer to the events in the manga.

And, as one person posted above me, they're absolutely right.

The reason why there are more NH/SS fanfics is because of the few moments they have to show.

They actually write more, so they can satisfy themselves that their desired pairing(s) would really become canon.

As for NaruSaku, we have golden gems which are very beautiful, and in some cases, rare.

And for NH/SS, well, I shall compare them to rocks. Very common. Maybe even, too common.

But, which is more beautiful?

NARUSAKU GEMS, OF COURSE! 111193.gif

We really don't need more NaruSaku fanfiction, because we've got the better ones anyway.

Though fresh stories, and new authors wouldn't hurt anybody at all!

cool.gif

#18 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (Shadowmoon~ @ Sep 8 2009, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Though fresh stories, and new authors wouldn't hurt anybody at all

You know I could use a little help in that department, since (Bragging time) I'm one of the few good new writters that appeared this year, Ok maybe I'm not that good, but you Moony-chan were writting a story right? So were is it? I wanted to read more of it! And you never left a review on my story shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif

Anyway writter's like peanutbutter126, desaix, Kodachi Claws, Shouri no Hana, Denim88, solidflamez, Pizza blade and so much more worthy to read since they know their stuff, their stories are pieces of art, you guys should read them more than one time, new stuff is good but the old stuff is good too, you know preserving the tradition and all.

#19 spazzgirl

spazzgirl

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:I Love narusaku, they're so cute together<br /><br />I love writing stories and making videos<br /><br />unforutantely my bf likes to stalk me because he likes to get an account from a website that i have one <br /><br />I'd say that music is my life, it help express whatever emotions i'm feeling<br /><br />I can't draw for Sh*t (unless i'm really bored)<br /><br />I'm also a friendly person, except when i'm hyper then i'm just plain crazy

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:51 PM

Well if anyone's interested on reading a new NaruSaku fic, I've recently came out with a new one called "The Namikaze Heir" it's on the NaruSaku M rated filter in fanfiction.net my username there is the same one as here. It only has one chapter but I'm thinking about deleting it, I think it's kind of bad.

#20 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (Whirlpool-Maelstrom @ Sep 8 2009, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know I could use a little help in that department, since (Bragging time) I'm one of the few good new writters that appeared this year, Ok maybe I'm not that good, but you Moony-chan were writting a story right? So were is it? I wanted to read more of it! And you never left a review on my story shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif

Anyway writter's like peanutbutter126, desaix, Kodachi Claws, Shouri no Hana, Denim88, solidflamez, Pizza blade and so much more worthy to read since they know their stuff, their stories are pieces of art, you guys should read them more than one time, new stuff is good but the old stuff is good too, you know preserving the tradition and all.

You're fic is definitely worth a real Whirlpool, though for future reference I wouldn't open a poll about who you should put in the team with NaruSaku, it makes it appear you didn't plan your story out that well, also Kiba being related to Sakura seems odd and completely pointless at the moment (Almost like you want to force Kiba in the story somehow) but thoer than that I like the premise for the fic and it's nice to see someone try something different yet not completely drift off from Kishimoto's story.

never heard of Pizza blade maybe will have to look them up. but will agree with the rest of the, also add Paradox Jast's Whirlpool country that needs to be updated shamefulcry0js.gifshamefulcry0js.gifshamefulcry0js.gifshamefulcry0js.gif I'm getting withdrawal symptoms, also . Medicinal Lullaby by Shivakashi is another great read recommended to everyone,

iAnby7W.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users